The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jason Tovey To Quit Dragons & Sign For The Blues

+26
Shifty
RuckingFlanker86
dragon999
Cardiff Dave
glamorganalun
Cari
youngguns6
Luckless Pedestrian
Comfort
ScarletSpiderman
Welshmushroom
profitius
geoff998rugby
GavinDragon
Kingshu
Coleman
manofgwent
maestegmafia
Impossible Standards
gowales
XR
bedfordwelsh
DRAGONONPARADE
wales606
munkian
Londonwelsh
30 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Jason Tovey To Quit Dragons & Sign For The Blues Empty Jason Tovey To Quit Dragons & Sign For The Blues

Post by Londonwelsh Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:51 am

Finally it seems the Blues have signed a decent Fly half

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbynation/rugby-news/2012/01/27/jason-tovey-poised-to-quit-newport-gwent-dragons-and-join-cardiff-blues-91466-30206865/
Londonwelsh
Londonwelsh

Back to top Go down

Jason Tovey To Quit Dragons & Sign For The Blues Empty Re: Jason Tovey To Quit Dragons & Sign For The Blues

Post by munkian Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:15 am

Don't believe it myself, not with the Dragons just releasing Jones
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Jason Tovey To Quit Dragons & Sign For The Blues Empty Re: Jason Tovey To Quit Dragons & Sign For The Blues

Post by wales606 Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:29 am

Not been hugely impressed with Tovey this season, plus his injury record is awful

Still, beggars cant be choosers and we will have to see what he can do with the Blues forwards and with Roberts, Laulaula and Halfpenny outside him!
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by DRAGONONPARADE Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:01 am

A bit gutted still promises to be a top player although he seems to have stagnated a bit this season.Supposed to be 17 players out of contract at Dragons this season, Tovey,Willis,Charteris and Matt Jones already out for one reason or another gonna be an interesting time before the start of next season for Dragons fans.

DRAGONONPARADE

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:00 am

Gutted if he goes but not surprised the Blues come sniffing rather than have the courage of their convictions and bring a youngster of their own through.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:46 am

Question is, if he signs for the Blues...will he be booed by the Dave Parade faithful?

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:48 am

Wouldn't be surprised they don't like seeing their past players succeed outside of the Dragons.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:51 am

Goughie or Thomas don't get booed in fact you will still see them regulalry at Dave for Dragons games.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:55 am

The only player who gets booed constantly is Ceri Sweeney, and that's because he didn't seem bothered about playing for us, couldn't be a*rsed to run around, just look disinterested.

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:57 am

Griff wrote:The only player who gets booed constantly is Ceri Sweeney, and that's because he didn't seem bothered about playing for us, couldn't be a*rsed to run around, just look disinterested.

This thumbsup

I'm hoping its just slow news days and the 'journalists' have just pulled this 'story' out of their collective bottoms.

munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Impossible Standards Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:58 am

Wouldn't be surprised they don't like seeing their past players succeed outside of the Dragons.

What a pathetic statement...I wish all Dragons players success when they leave RP. I would think most of the dragons fans do. Personally I'm gutted to hear this as I saw Tovey as a key player for us, but if he goes then good luck to him and hopefully he can achieve his Welsh ambitions with the Blues.

Does beg the question on why you can't produce any academy 10s? Dragons, Ospreys and Scarlet's all have managed to do it!
Impossible Standards
Impossible Standards

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:58 am

If this does all happen then good luck to him, he is exactly the player the Blues desperately need.

The Dragons need to focus on talented players like Steffan Jones to replace him and not buy some useless over paid player like Parks. Their previous acquisition of players like Joe Bedford, are not good signs for their vision of recruitment.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:21 am

maestegmafia wrote:If this does all happen then good luck to him, he is exactly the player the Blues desperately need.

The Dragons need to focus on talented players like Steffan Jones to replace him and not buy some useless over paid player like Parks. Their previous acquisition of players like Joe Bedford, are not good signs for their vision of recruitment.

Maesteg, why focus on the one or two 'foreign' players we've brought in (Chavanga and Tuilagi are the others), but ignore the fact that we've brought through so many more local young players: Jason Tovey has come through, Steffan Jones, Jonathan Evans, Lewis Robling, Sam Parry, Nathan Buck, Nathan Williams, Adam Hughes, Tovy Faletau, Dan Way (OK English, but will be Welsh qualified in a season or 2), Rhys Buckley, Phil Price, Lewis Evans, Tom Brown. All young welsh lads (or project players - Dan Way) playing week in week out who've been brought through or brought back from England in the last season or 2, but all you can do is point to Joe Bedford. Give it a rest.

Back to top Go down

Post by manofgwent Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:32 am

What a let down. Aren't these regions supposed to be on equal footing. What's the point in the Dragons even existing when anyone who actually looks half decent leaves. We all know Lydiate and Faletau will be off when their contracts expire. Even if Steffan Jones comes through, how long until he leaves???
Im really disappointed with Tovey. I expect him to take his mate Leeis Evans with him too. He must look at the likes of Cuthbert and Harry frickin Robinson getting into the Welsh squad and only 2 Dragons in there and think, if I join the Blues my stock will rise and I'll be 2nd behind Priestland.
How long until Rob Howley gets his Tongue so far up Tovey's rear that he'll be in the Welsh mix.
I feel completely disheartened by this news. He hasn't even reached his potential and he's gone.
How do the Dragons board expect to sell season tickets and build a support.
You may as well fold us now because we are going backwards so quickly it's scary.
Amlin till I die!!!!!!

manofgwent

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:39 am

From Walesonline

OnParade
10:03 AMpluck_date_on27/1/2012
I will never cheer Jason Tovey again, not in a Dragons shirt from now on or in a Wales shirt any time in the future. Filthy judas now as far as I'm concerned. Jason expect a Sweeney style welcome at RP from now on. Who do you wan't off us now? Faletau? Steffan Jones? Adam Hughes? How about some of our academy players who are playing their first regional game tonight?

Doesn't seem like all Dragons wish Tovey the best

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:40 am

I agree MOG. Part of me feels that they should make a decision about the Dragons. Either bring in central contracts so that the regions have a roughly equal share of the talent, and then maybe the crowds will increase across the board as stars will be on display in 4 different regions, or just come out and say that the Dragons will be an official development region and then send us all of your youngsters (Prydie, K Phillips, Robinson at the Blues, this Gypsy prop at the Scarlets, etc.), anyone who is not getting game time, and we'll put them on display and give them Amlin experience (or HC if they do the unthinkable and do better than their elders!). At least we'd know what we were getting as fans rather than seeing no-one of note coming in but everyone of note leaving.

Last edited by Griff on Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:41 am

gowales wrote:From Walesonline

OnParade
10:03 AMpluck_date_on27/1/2012
I will never cheer Jason Tovey again, not in a Dragons shirt from now on or in a Wales shirt any time in the future. Filthy judas now as far as I'm concerned. Jason expect a Sweeney style welcome at RP from now on. Who do you wan't off us now? Faletau? Steffan Jones? Adam Hughes? How about some of our academy players who are playing their first regional game tonight?

Doesn't seem like all Dragons wish Tovey the best

Doesn't say he'll boo him though, just that he won't cheer him. There's thousands of players from other clubs that I don't cheer.

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:43 am

Jason expect a Sweeney style welcome at RP from now on?

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by manofgwent Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:46 am

Gowales. I'm with you. Completely fed up with this regional system. How can one team have all their best players taken from them? We produce talent and we have past it players. It's not good enough.
At the minute we're a shambles. How anyone can say, Tovey is just what the Blues need??? I beggars belief. What about what the Dragons need??????
Disillusioned with it all. The regions and the Welsh set up. I bet Howley is knocking one out as we speak. He'll be in the Welsh squad in no time. It stinks and I'm completely fed up. What's the point in the Dragons existing. I'll never cheer Tovey again not even for Wales. Saying that I couldn't care less if Wales lose to Ireland. I just hope Toby and Danny do the business. They will they're quality and soon they'll be in France.
Tovey. You're a let down.

manofgwent

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:48 am

manofgwent wrote:Gowales. I'm with you. Completely fed up with this regional system. How can one team have all their best players taken from them? We produce talent and we have past it players. It's not good enough.
At the minute we're a shambles. How anyone can say, Tovey is just what the Blues need??? I beggars belief. What about what the Dragons need??????
Disillusioned with it all. The regions and the Welsh set up. I bet Howley is knocking one out as we speak. He'll be in the Welsh squad in no time. It stinks and I'm completely fed up. What's the point in the Dragons existing. I'll never cheer Tovey again not even for Wales. Saying that I couldn't care less if Wales lose to Ireland. I just hope Toby and Danny do the business. They will they're quality and soon they'll be in France.
Tovey. You're a let down.

No no no MOG you misunderstood me.
Im saying the Blues have every right to take Tovey and Tovey has every right to go the Blues.
Im just pointing out bitter Dragons fans with that quote from walesonline.com
Tovey is not a let down. He will be playing Heineken Cup rugby and a team that has a chance of finishing in the top half of the Pro 12 i can't see why anyone would begrudge him for moving.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:48 am

Ha! OK gowales you got me. But this is just one clown. Fussell, Thomas, Gough, Brew the times that he's left, et al. don't get any grief. Just Sweeney due to his attitude. Oh, and Biggar again due to him swearing at the crowd. It's all about attitude you see! I'm sure Tovey will be left alone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:02 am

I rate Tovey, and i think he'll be a great player one day. But the question thats being asked is why arent we producing our own 10's. There must be some good flyhalfs between the age of 18/19/20 in the Blues set up somewhere because we've won the Regional U-18's three years in a row, lasy year there was an all Cardiff, Welsh highschools cup final, and the Blues North played the Blues South in the U-16's final this season too. I understand that players develop at a different rate, but this makes no sense. No sense at all.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:05 am

I remember seeing one young lad playing 10 for the Blues last year or the year before in the LV. He was rubbish

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by manofgwent Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:08 am

Gleamed. In theory there is nothing wrong with him going, but this isn't what regional rugby was set up for. Wales need 4 strong regions, and Top players shouldn't be poached by other regions.
Just imagine who Scarlet fans would feel if it were Priestland or how you'd feel if the O's took Warburton, but you also can't ignore that he's going down to Cardiff to play fir our rivals in the Lego set. The Blues, they have no heart or soul. They are vanilla. He'll get capped by Wales but he's joining a soulless team.
By the way. Good luck in Leinster. I'd sooner be hidden in the Amlin than getting a spanking on live tv!!!! 40 or 50 points?????

manofgwent

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:11 am

Ospreys fan mate and i wouldn't mind if the Scarlets, Dragons or Blues took Beck, Matthew Morgan etc... If they do it legally how can you blame them?

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Impossible Standards Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:13 am

gowales - I don't read the western mail so I am not aware of the comments made. Ok I agree you will get some people who will begrudge him success but I won't. I just don't like stereotypical statements being constructed on the basis of a few bad comments.

MOG - I agree with you, I think they need to really do something about the Dragons. Are we the connaught of Welsh rugby or not. It's hard work follow a team like the Dragons because it seems that there is no way they are ever going to build a team. The board have been completely unambitious over the last 7 years and we are now paying for it. When we develop a good player or even take a player and give him game time as soon as they become successful they are targeted.

Like gowales said, players have the right to move wherever they want it's just unfortunate that the Dragons aren't able to offer anything to keep them at RP. Amlin cup for a second year running I think has a big part to play in all this.

Impossible Standards
Impossible Standards

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:19 am

No one ever stops and wonders if Jason Tovey is actually happy at the Dragons.

However the skeptic in me still believes it was about the money/better chance at success with the Blues, cant really hate a sportsmen for that. I would welcome him to the Blues.

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:41 am

manofgwent wrote:Gleamed. In theory there is nothing wrong with him going, but this isn't what regional rugby was set up for. Wales need 4 strong regions, and Top players shouldn't be poached by other regions.

You're starting to sound very bitter, i'd take that lemon out of your mouth.

Tovey hasn't even left yet and this story is in the WM, so chances are it's a load of bull. There's no poaching, his contract is up at the end of the season and, if true, the blues have offered one...that's not poaching is it? It's not as if he's come out and said the dragons have offered him something and the blues have swooped in. He's a professional player who has an expiring contract, has charteris been poached by team in france? Did the Dragons poach Aled Brew? Settle down. This is how professional rugby works, contracts are signed and contracts expire. Get over it.

manofgwent wrote:By the way. Good luck in Leinster. I'd sooner be hidden in the Amlin than getting a spanking on live tv!!!! 40 or 50 points?????

Maybe this is why Tovey is thinking of leaving, you would rather be 'hidden' in the Amlin and FAILING to get out of your group...than be in the Quarter Finals of the Heineken Cup and the opportunity to face the defending champions? Do all Dragons fans think that? You call us souless, but you have zero ambition it seems. Will we win? I'll hedge my bets and say no, but i am just happy we made the QF's considering how dreadful we have been this year. And yes, while we got stuff in the Pro 12, i would hope the margin be smaller this time as we will be sending, hopefully, a fully fit first choice team. I am much more looking forward to the new season now that we're having a clear out and a QF spot is a minimum. Are you hoping to be hidden in the Amlin for another season?

And as for 'getting a spanking', i shall point you in the direction of this match report:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/15436572.stm Laugh

Last edited by gcBlues on Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by manofgwent Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:43 am

Iron mike and a better chance of getting in the welsh squad?? How can this be right when we only have 4 regions?
We've spent millions on a new stand and for what?? Attendances are low, our squad is getting weaker.
We're an absolute joke of a region. When the WRU said they were introducing a salary cap of £4.5m. We are nowhere near that anyway!!
I'm not the only Dragons fan losing heart and this will make it even worse.

manofgwent

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:47 am

I don't think most Dragons fans wish Tovey any ill will.

I think most, including myself, are frustrated that the Dragons board contunually fails to keep hold of young talent that have matured through the academies then the Dragon's ranks.

And is Cardiff the best place for Tovey to go to ? The coaches seem clueless how to use their very talented squad correctly and Sweeney rarely gets a starting game plus Halfpenny seems to be their points kicker now.

munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Impossible Standards Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:59 am

I think most, including myself, are frustrated that the Dragons board contunually fails to keep hold of young talent that have matured through the academies then the Dragon's ranks

That's exactly how I feel Munkian. It's not the players leaving, it's the set up we have been left with that's the problem. When the Dragons formed in 2003, they should have realised that we didn't have the capital to support a benefactor based strategy and the academies should have had the investment then.
Impossible Standards
Impossible Standards

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:02 pm

Thats what I hate about the regions, there is no player loyality to a region. I have to blame the shamatism era for a lot of it, why stay at your local club when you can get more extras at a bigger club? If they hadn't allowed this, then players would have stayed more at their local club and built a loyality to the club.

I could undersatnd for the first years players switching regions as that loyality never existed, but I thought when players came through the acamady they would stay with that region. Why do they move???

Would a first team player move from Leinster, Munster or Ulster to another province?, No because they are proud to represent their area. Welsh players should be just as pround to represent thier region, the one that brought them through as a youngster.

Connacht are the exception as they lose players to the other Provinces, but the players they lose arn't the ones that came through thier acamady, but players they got for other provinces acamadies, that weren't getting games.

IMO all the regions need to develop player loyality to the regions, starting with acamady players, and other clubs shouldn't be making moves for other regions players, unless they are given permission to by the region first as they player may be surplus to requirments at his own region.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by manofgwent Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:07 pm

I too blame the board, but I feel the WRU have a role to play. What if we had the money and decided to sign Lloyd Williams, offer him more money and take a talented Blues player. There would be uproar and somebody would step in. The Dragons get trampled all over and nobody gives a toss. Who cares, it's only the Dragons.
The dragons season is already over and what's to look forward to for next year. It leaves everyone demoralised and as I've said I don't feel a part of the Welsh set-up. We've just been left to rot!

manofgwent

Back to top Go down

Post by manofgwent Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:11 pm

It may seem that I'm getting very upset with Tovey leaving, but this s an accumilation of many thing. Tovey is just the icing on the top of a cake that tastes very sour after last season and our boys finally getting a chance with Wales. This season has been woeful on and off the pitch.

manofgwent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:12 pm

Kingshu, it goes back to the argument about 'regions' as a copy of provinces. Provinces in Ireland exisited for many years before the rugby teams so people are from a province, feel for a province, have family ties to a province. In Wales the regions only exist in rugby. There's nothing outside of rugby to tie you to that region. Ironically in this case, only maybe the Dragons have something outside of rugby as Gwent was a place (offically doesn't exist anymore though). The Ospreys region for example only exists in rugby though, not in any other sport or political realm. That's where Ireland has it so much better in attracting the support and loyalty of players. It's just one of many excuses we've got unfortunately, but one that I think is valid.

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:20 pm

Kingshu wrote:IMO all the regions need to develop player loyality to the regions, starting with acamady players, and other clubs shouldn't be making moves for other regions players, unless they are given permission to by the region first as they player may be surplus to requirments at his own region.

This is lala land talk mate this would never happen in a professional sport

What if we had the money and decided to sign Lloyd Williams, offer him more money and take a talented Blues player. There would be uproar and somebody would step in. The Dragons get trampled all over and nobody gives a toss. Who cares, it's only the Dragons.

This is simply untrue. There might be some Blues fans who would be upset but like i said there would be nothing wrong with it if they could afford him and attract him there (it would never happen in a million years though).
The reason no one cares about the Dragons is because you are the weakest of the Welsh regions get over it. You are effectively the Connacht of the Welsh regions.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by manofgwent Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:20 pm

Goblues. But you will get a spanking and are nowhere near the top 8 of Europe.
The difference with Brew and Tovey, is that Brew wasn't needed and getting game time. Tovey is one of our best players. Next you'll be saying that we poached Sidoli!
I'm not bitter. I would rather be supporting a region that has a heart. That's just my opinion. Tovey will certainly notice the difference running out at the Lego set. I'm just calling for fairness.
You can blame the board for lack of ambition, but us fans don't have a lack of ambition. We were hoping to push on this season and qualify for the HC, but it's been a shambles of a season. We're further away than ever. Our captain has retired, charteris and Tovey are both off and it pretty much floors you. I'm not bitter I'm just beaten!!

manofgwent

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:21 pm

I agree Griff, its why many Irish players seem to put more ballacks into playing for their Province than they do their National side but that may just be a coaching thing.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Impossible Standards Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:23 pm

Griff - Spot on mate. you won't get loyalty in Wales because the regions are artificial set ups. Again this was all due to the WRU's useless approach to setting them up in 2003. It may have worked under East, South, West and North Wales regions or maybe the most successful premiership clubs would become 4 fully professional super clubs. This is why the board have failed, they needed to adapt a different approach to make the region successful not build it and they will come approach.
Impossible Standards
Impossible Standards

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:26 pm

I agree Griff, but I thought that with players coming from an acamady they would feel something to make them stay with that team. I know English clubs have acamadies and players leave these all the time, but I believe its easier to generate loyality to one team, with wales only having 4.

once you have a number of players, that will be one region players, they will grow this loyality with acamady players who and then more likily to stay and hence foster this. I.E shane williams at Ospreys, you feel he would never have gone to any other region, more players like this at every region please.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:26 pm

after one relatively successful half season we lose -

aled brew
jason tovey
luke charteris

three of our better players, how are we meant to build if we keep losing these types of players, i dont mind too much with brew and charteris as they are chasing the french euro, but how MUCH more will tovey really be earning in cardiff considering the sal cap etc

what incentive is there for dragons fans to continue to spend hard earned money on a team which is going nowhere, just demoralised whats the point

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:27 pm

how long before toby and danny follow suit?

rush - faletau
molitika - lydiate

id put my house on it

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by manofgwent Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:29 pm

Gowales. You are completely clueless. The trouble is that we aren't the Connacht of Wales. We are the same as the Blues. A region. Connacht are a development team. We aren't. If we are, then I think the WRU should be polite enough to tell us.
We get trampled over because we haven't got the money. It doesn't happen in Ireland. When Ulster had a few bad seasons, you didn't see Munster or Leinster coming in for Ferris or Trimble.
Things will nebmver change unless we get a cash investment. Lydiate and Faletau will be next. As I've already said the new stand has been absolutely pointless. There were rumours that Newport County were going to share RP. At this rate we'll be sharing Spytty Park. Only the die-Garda will be left, because next season is going to be a real struggle.

manofgwent

Back to top Go down

Post by Impossible Standards Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:29 pm

This is simply untrue. There might be some Blues fans who would be upset but like i said there would be nothing wrong with it if they could afford him and attract him there (it would never happen in a million years though).

It's easy to say that when you have confidence in the fact it won't happen. If it was a reality would you and other blues fans think it would be ok?

The reason no one cares about the Dragons is because you are the weakest of the Welsh regions get over it. You are effectively the Connacht of the Welsh regions.

Again would you just 'get over it' if the Blues were though of as the weakest of the regions. It's very easy from people to talk down for the high horse isn't it.
Impossible Standards
Impossible Standards

Back to top Go down

Post by manofgwent Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:32 pm

Gav. That won't happen. They couldn't afford them. Those 2 are true class and will only take top dollar. That's not a dig, that's true!

manofgwent

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:35 pm

top dollar? im sure toveys not on top dollar just went because he wanted to play at the highest level in a good team, why wouldnt danny and toby want to do the same? and id begrudge them two leaving less than i do tovey, they have already proved their class in a struggling team hes just shirking the challenge

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:35 pm

It's easy to say that when you have confidence in the fact it won't happen. If it was a reality would you and other blues fans think it would be ok?

It's easy for me to say this because if it did happen i wouldn't mind. If the Dragons can entice a player to come to their region than all the power to them.

Again you you just 'get over it' if the Blues were though of as the weakest of the regions. It's very easy for people to talk down for the high horse isn't it.

Look all im saying is that you are the weakest region and players are going to move away if they can attract a good contract from somewhere else. You can't blame players from not wanting to stay down in Newport for the rest of their careers!
But i do understand that the current situation is wrong. But not a lot can be done about it at the moment.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:36 pm

Kingshu wrote: Connacht are the exception as they lose players to the other Provinces, Leinster and Munster.

Fixed it for you. The only player to leave Connacht for Ulster, in the professional era, is an Ulsterman who isn't very good (McCormish). Even then 3 players went the other way

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:57 pm

GavinDragon wrote:how long before toby and danny follow suit?

rush - faletau
molitika - lydiate

id put my house on it

You'll lose you house then, since Faletau has signed a new contract, and the Blues are looking to sign Delve

And Molitika was replaced last season by Pretorious (who was our player of the season) and Paterson (who is a brilliant tackler and lineout technician)

The Blues don't need Lydiate or Faletau

The Ospreys on the other hand...
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:59 pm

yes 606 i meant at the end of his contract

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next