The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do commentators.............

+8
Jhamer25
Feckless Rogue
bedfordwelsh
Cyril
Notch
HammerofThunor
Nachos Jones
TJ
12 posters

Go down

Why do commentators............. Empty Why do commentators.............

Post by TJ Sun 19 Jan 2014, 10:46 am

Talk when the ref is speaking - too often you don't get to hear what the ref is saying - especially when checking with the TJ. Shut up you clowns - I want to hear the ref. Really annoys me.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Why do commentators............. Empty Re: Why do commentators.............

Post by Nachos Jones Sun 19 Jan 2014, 10:48 am

I swear that certain commentators are paid by the amount of words they use during a match.

Nachos Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sun 19 Jan 2014, 10:54 am

Do you often have refs checking with you during the game? Smile

Yeah, it pees me off as well. I don't think these commentators have a clue what to do since there is video. They don't need to described the action so they just waffle and whinge.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 19 Jan 2014, 11:12 am

It's so irritating. Sky Sports are so irritating as well with their constant, banal analysis of stuff that has already happened when we could be sitting in tranquil silence.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sun 19 Jan 2014, 11:15 am

I was more perturbed that they kept showing shots of Stephen Jones in the crowd during the Leicester/Ulster game. His toad-like fizzog put me off my tea.

It's true though, some of these guys think they're on the radio the way they have to fill so-called 'dead air'.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 19 Jan 2014, 11:16 am

Cyril wrote:I was more peturbed that they kept showing shots of Stephen Jones in the crowd during the Leicester/Ulster game. His toad-like fizzog put me off my tea.

No-one should have to see that to be fair!

Wasn't he sitting just below the Ulster coaching staff?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sun 19 Jan 2014, 11:22 am

Notch wrote:
Cyril wrote:I was more peturbed that they kept showing shots of Stephen Jones in the crowd during the Leicester/Ulster game. His toad-like fizzog put me off my tea.

No-one should have to see that to be fair!

Wasn't he sitting just below the Ulster coaching staff?
Yeah he was. Even Jones hasn't quite reached the level of fame/notoriety that the cameras were specifically seeking him out. I do wish they had put up a 'Warning! This scene contains elements of ignorant hack' notice though Wink 

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 19 Jan 2014, 11:23 am

Looking forward to reading second hand whatever crayon scribblings he comes up with after that one. Looked like he was sucking a lemon for most of the game  Wink 
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 19 Jan 2014, 4:48 pm

Nachos Jones wrote:I swear that certain commentators are paid by the amount of words they use during a match.

Good job its not by the amount of knowledgeable or intelligent words they say as most speak absolute garbage.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Sun 19 Jan 2014, 5:17 pm

Notch wrote:It's so irritating. Sky Sports are so irritating as well with their constant, banal analysis of stuff that has already happened when we could be sitting in tranquil silence.

The British are masters of most TV genres. But sports coverage is not one of them.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Sun 19 Jan 2014, 5:50 pm

I still don't understand how Stuart Barnes is in a job as a commentator. I've actually watched a few games on mute because of him. He just talks a load of sh!t most of the time and take it takes away the atmosphere of the game

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sun 19 Jan 2014, 10:32 pm

Jhamer25 wrote:I still don't understand how Stuart Barnes is in a job as a commentator. I've actually watched a few games on mute because of him. He just talks a load of sh!t most of the time and take it takes away the atmosphere of the game

Your not the only one to think that. He's so self assured in what he says, but we all know he's talking complete cowpat as we can see whats going on. I wish he would just be boring and comment on what he sees and give no opinions.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 20 Jan 2014, 7:52 am

nathan wrote:
Jhamer25 wrote:I still don't understand how Stuart Barnes is in a job as a commentator. I've actually watched a few games on mute because of him. He just talks a load of sh!t most of the time and take it takes away the atmosphere of the game

Your not the only one to think that. He's so self assured in what he says, but we all know he's talking complete cowpat as we can see whats going on. I wish he would just be boring and comment on what he sees and give no opinions.

Did you see him after the game on Saturday night on Sky Sports? He said Ulsters midfield defence stifled the likes of Tait, Goneva etc. and Will Greenwood basically said "Er, no, Tigers didn't get them on the ball in those areas".
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon 20 Jan 2014, 7:59 am

The ignorance of the laws also annoys me or misunderstanding what decisions are given for.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Mon 20 Jan 2014, 8:10 am

TJ wrote:The ignorance of the laws also annoys me or misunderstanding what decisions are given for.  

It's even worse when we can clearly hear (and see with the refs hand gestures) what a penalty was for and they STILL decide to make it up and get it wrong. Then generally they refuse to admit they were wrong and go on about their claim, even if wrong. At least on ESPN/BT even Austin Healey admits he was wrong when he hears the ref or sees repeats.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon 20 Jan 2014, 8:15 am

Brain Moore has developed well as a pundit. He used to be very one eyed and hating of the scots ( took him a long time to recover from 1990). However he really tried to learn and to understand, says it as he sees it and is willing to admit he was wrong. He has become much more even handed although he will always remain an England fan.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Mon 20 Jan 2014, 8:31 am

I've never known what people mean when they said Moore is biased. He seems to spend more time picking fault with England players/tactics than anything else. If people mean he spends time picking fault with the English over praising the opposition then it's probably true. But I can't say he's a good commentator. He spends all his time complaining about the ref not applying the scrum laws. Very boring and repetitive.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Mon 20 Jan 2014, 8:43 am

Yea Moore us probably one of the worst commentators out there from an England perspective. He spends his whole time finding fault with the team and then with the ref.

Makes poor games far worse and takes the shine off good ones.

Got to say my favourite commentators are the SuperRugby guys. Usual good analysis, listen to the decisions and plenty of banter over opinions!

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 20 Jan 2014, 8:47 am

Scott Hasting is bloody woeful too but even he is not as irritating as that Irish fella who talks a load of incessant crap
21st Century Schizoid Man
21st Century Schizoid Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Exiledinborders Mon 20 Jan 2014, 8:56 am

For Gloucester's game yesterday the expert summariser was Thinus Delport if you can call non stop babble summarising. Even though I was delighted to see Gloucester's form improving my mood was almost ruined by his incessant talking.

Exiledinborders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down