The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Commentators

+3
Old Man
No 7&1/2
Geordie
7 posters

Go down

Commentators  Empty Commentators

Post by Geordie Sat 01 May 2021, 3:33 pm

Is anyone else getting annoyed with the standard of commentating on all channels at the moment.

From Austin Healys, Dalaglio, Jonathan Davies and the rests moronic biased ramblings, to the drivel the likes of Gareth  Thomas spiels out at half time and now we are forced to listen to women robotically throwing out clichés a penny...

Meh...bring back Bill McLaren!!!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Commentators  Empty Re: Commentators

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 01 May 2021, 3:46 pm

Long standing bugbear of mine are commentators who don't know the laws or comment on games going back to how it was in their day. Dallaglio and Goode were abysmal in a recent game not knowing laws on knock ons or forward passes. I like Healy personally.

No 7&1/2

Geordie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Man Sat 01 May 2021, 3:48 pm

Bill McLaren was the best ever

Old Man

Geordie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 01 May 2021, 7:10 pm

I like Austin when he's not trying to say something controversial for effect like in a recent game "Paul Hill, is there a better tighthead in the loose in world rugby". To which his co-commentator said "well that Furlong lad is pretty good". 

Dayglo is just an empty voice.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Sat 01 May 2021, 7:14 pm

After listening to Austin Healy last night I can say I am glad I don't watch any Premiership rugby

Premier Sports also not great either, i've noticed a number of issues with names being wrong etc and also their pundits tend to be pretty biased.

In terms of the studio pundits I can't say much, I don't really watch any before or after as I have other things to do and half time I'm usually off doing something I have to try and fit in during that time.

The ones that really annoy me most are the ones who get something wrong then are shown it on a replay and stick to their absolute assertion that they are right hoping we didn't just all see that replay or something

neilthom7

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

Back to top Go down

Post by y ddraig goch Sun 02 May 2021, 3:23 pm

It's very difficult to commentate on sport in empty stadiums without sounding like you're narrating paint drying.

y ddraig goch

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Sun 02 May 2021, 5:06 pm

Very few good commentators around these days, in most sports. Certainly compared to the likes of McLaren, Arlott, Maskell, Walker, Allis to name only those of the UK anyway. Who all started their commentating careers on radio, where their words were the picture, so needed to be able to describe in detail and with nuance what their audience couldn't see.

I think Andrew Cotter is about the best rugby commentator around just now, again in UK terms.

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down