The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Danny Garcia - Zero to hero - Nailed on Top 10 for me..

+17
ShahenshahG
Lumbering_Jack
titaniumjaw
Hammersmith harrier
All Time Great
Mr Bounce
Diamond in the rough
owen10ozzy
Soldier_Of_Fortune
ONETWOFOREVER
hazharrison
Strongback
TopHat24/7
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
hogey
bellchees
TRUSSMAN66
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Danny Garcia - Zero to hero - Nailed on Top 10 for me.. Empty Danny Garcia - Zero to hero - Nailed on Top 10 for me..

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 24 Jan 2014, 9:53 am

What a difference a year or so makes.......

"I hate his Dad hope Lucas knocks him out".............."Easy defence for Khan".............."Hope Zab shuts him and Dad's mouth"...........

90% of the posters on here including me picked Matty to beat this guy...............He's been undersold throughout his career........But wow hasn't he done well...........

Khan, Holt, Morales twice, Zab and Lucas especially are all good wins.............Matty was in many top 10s after he destroyed Petersen.....

Love an overachiever.............and let's face it his record is better than Stevo's who is in many lists and was fighter of the year last year for some.....Mustn't forget Dawson was coming off a Tko defeat..

Garcia is an ugly duckling like Tim Bradley and he's done it the hard way...................Fair play to the guy..

On here he has gone from zero to hero......and you have to give him kudos for that !!.......................

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Danny Garcia - Zero to hero - Nailed on Top 10 for me.. Empty Re: Danny Garcia - Zero to hero - Nailed on Top 10 for me..

Post by bellchees Fri 24 Jan 2014, 10:01 am

I do like Garcia, an example of a fighter making the most of what he's got. Not sure of a top 10 place yet as Morales was years past his best and way above his best weight and Judah isn't a top win, especially given how Garcia made hard work of it but Khan and Matthysse are both great results. Be interesting to see what he does next as there are lots of options for him if he moves up.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Danny Garcia - Zero to hero - Nailed on Top 10 for me.. Empty Re: Danny Garcia - Zero to hero - Nailed on Top 10 for me..

Post by hogey Fri 24 Jan 2014, 10:02 am

Garcia is a very complete fighter great power, decent skills, good footwork, commanding jab, solid chin and most importantly a great boxer brain which enables him to take a look and then work out opponents during a fight. Always comes across as a nice lad as well, shame the same cant be said for his dad.
Easily a top 10 fighter the Lucas fight alone puts him in there.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 24 Jan 2014, 10:17 am

Couldn't agree more Truss. Iv always liked Garcia.

People run him down because of how much of an idiot his dad can act at times . But there are times when his dad does speak a lot of sense. He was 100% right about the Khan fight. As soon as anything of note lands it was over. And that prediction turned out to be spot on.

People call him ordinary because he isn't flashy etc. But he is very compact, strong and never wastes his energy . I would argue that his timing is one of the best in the sport. He clocked Khan with as bout as perfectly timed hook as you'll see.

He is very respectful and comes across that he had his head screwed on so I don't see why people have a pop at him.

He is the man in a very strong division. How many divisions have a fighter who is stand out like him?

He may have had to dig deep against Zab but even that Zab is no mug. Morales was his first big step and he made hard work of it. But he learned from that and corrected any wrongs the 2nd time around. Look at the struggle Maidana had with Erik and people are quick to forget that after Maidana beat Broner.

He may not be "Mayweather level" but he is one of the best in the level just below that.

Deserves his place in the top ten . He is the only fighter that comprehensively beat Lucas. Before that it was Alexander and Judah who had dubious wins against him . But Garcia had a plan, he swole his eye and targeted it. That's a legit way to win but some people use it as a stick to beat him with
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 24 Jan 2014, 10:22 am

Nailed on Top 10?

PBF must be lining up a fight......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 24 Jan 2014, 10:27 am

Tipped to be a Mayweather opponent. Must be Top 5 P4P then.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 24 Jan 2014, 10:32 am

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Couldn't agree more Truss. Iv always liked Garcia.

People run him down because of how much of an idiot his dad can act at times . But there are times when his dad does speak a lot of sense. He was 100% right about the Khan fight. As soon as anything of note lands it was over. And that prediction turned out to be spot on.

People call him ordinary because he isn't flashy etc. But he is very compact, strong and never wastes his energy . I would argue that his timing is one of the best in the sport. He clocked Khan with as bout as perfectly timed hook as you'll see.

He is very respectful and comes across that he had his head screwed on so I don't see why people have a pop at him.

He is the man in a very strong division. How many divisions have a fighter who is stand out like him?

He may have had to dig deep against Zab but even that Zab is no mug. Morales was his first big step and he made hard work of it. But he learned from that and corrected any wrongs the 2nd time around. Look at the struggle Maidana had with Erik and people are quick to forget that after Maidana beat Broner.

He may not be "Mayweather level" but he is one of the best in the level just below that.

Deserves his place in the top ten . He is the only fighter that comprehensively beat Lucas. Before that it was Alexander and Judah who had dubious wins against him . But Garcia had a plan, he swole his eye and targeted it. That's a legit way to win but some people use it as a stick to beat him with

I'll ignore the timewasters........I agree with this Mate and Bellchees/Hogey...

Garcia has excelled and proved everyone wrong............Surprise to me and others....Good luck to him

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 24 Jan 2014, 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 24 Jan 2014, 10:44 am

Sad that every fighter has to be saddled with some bull spit P4P ranking as a way of evaluating their worth.

What's wrong with just being the champion in his division? Is that not good enough any more?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 24 Jan 2014, 10:46 am

Sad that someone resents P4P so much he keeps spewing on about it..

It's here to stay........and It's always been here anyway.............My Grandad used to rate the champions back in his day......in order of who's best...Same thing.

Stop moaning about modern boxing.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 24 Jan 2014, 10:59 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Sad that someone resents P4P so much he keeps spewing on about it..

It's here to stay........and It's always been here anyway.............My Grandad used to rate the champions back in his day......in order of who's best...Same thing.

Stop moaning about modern boxing.

It's a load of old cobblers. Is there a more damning statement about the state of 21st century boxing than it's greatest prize being, not an actual championship that can be won or lost in the ring, but an imaginary distinction dreamt up and based around who might be the best fighter if everyone magically became the same size?

I rate Ward above Bradley because his right hook looks slightly faster if you slow down the tape to allow for the size differential and the wind conditions in Oakland.....blah....blah....blah....

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 24 Jan 2014, 10:59 am

He is good. Quick and can bang. Showed maturity against Lucus and implemented the perfect tactics against Khan by showing timing.

Don't be put off by his dad tho. Funny and good for boxing but takes A LOT of pressure off Danny by hogging the limelight pre fight. Danny is really left to concentrate on training while fools like Judah are loosing their cool with his dad lol.

At last TRUSS you give Danny some credit.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 24 Jan 2014, 11:02 am

It's not cobblers It's been around forever..........Or you are naive....

Whilst there may not have been lists in magazines..........

Everybody discussed who was the best fighter around........at the time regardless of weight..

Now stop moaning.........Louis isn't around anymore .. TIME TO EMBRACE CHANGE.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 24 Jan 2014, 11:04 am

In fairness, this is my p4p from pre-Xmas:

TopHat24/7 wrote:1. Floyd Mayweather
2. Andre Ward
3. Juan Manuel Marquez
4. Guillermo Rigondeux
5. Manny Pacquiao
6. Wladimir Klitschko
7. Timothy Bradley
8. Mikey Garcia
9. Sergio Martinez
10. Adrien Broner
11. Danny Garcia
12. Gennady Golovkin
13. Saul Alvarez
14. Nonito Donaire
15. Bernard Hopkins

Given Broner's fall from grace/exposure, I'd now swap he and Danny. Therefore, ribbing aside, Garcia is in my Top 10 p4p also....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 24 Jan 2014, 11:05 am

I like Garcia, he's a good solid all rounder with a monsterous left hook.

I picked Lucas to do a number on him but he proved he has got a great set of whiskers and gave Lucas something to think about.

Not sure who he's being lined up to fight next, I hope its another Lucas 50/50 fight

Last edited by Soldier_Of_Fortune on Fri 24 Jan 2014, 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 24 Jan 2014, 11:07 am

Would like a Lucas rematch. See what really happens when you take a closed eye out the equation.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 24 Jan 2014, 11:08 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:In fairness, this is my p4p from pre-Xmas:

TopHat24/7 wrote:1. Floyd Mayweather
2. Andre Ward
3. Juan Manuel Marquez
4. Guillermo Rigondeux
5. Manny Pacquiao
6. Wladimir Klitschko
7. Timothy Bradley
8. Mikey Garcia
9. Sergio Martinez
10. Adrien Broner
11. Danny Garcia
12. Gennady Golovkin
13. Saul Alvarez
14. Nonito Donaire
15. Bernard Hopkins

Given Broner's fall from grace/exposure, I'd now swap he and Danny.  Therefore, ribbing aside, Garcia is in my Top 10 p4p also....

Not a bad list......Bradley belongs at 3 for me....Can't give a guy credit for losing even If he deserved to win..

I agree soldier ..Like a rematch also Toppy.....Not sure Matty does.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 24 Jan 2014, 11:11 am

Interesting that his team did not force the fight with Mayweather unlike Khan who has been screeming for Floyd like a baby who's had his fav toy taken from him. 

This shows that Garcia genuinely has a focus in his career and wants to make his own mark unlike Khan who just wants to jump on Mayweathers back for the most lucrative piggy back ride after PROMISING to ''clean up 140ibs'' blah blah blah.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 24 Jan 2014, 11:13 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:Would like a Lucas rematch.  See what really happens when you take a closed eye out the equation.

This is nonsense.

Garcia gave him that closed eye......by PUNCHING him in the eye.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 24 Jan 2014, 11:15 am

Make no mistake for a multi million purse.........If Mayweather showed interest.......He'd pick up the phone like a shot..

Anybody would..........Set for life........

Manny is saying stupid things like "let's give all our money to charity etc"...........Then says he wants 50/50......

He wants to say 30/70 and let's do it..............That puts Floyd in a spot........Problem is to Arum it's the deal first and Boxing 2nd........

Has to show how TRUMP-like he is !!...So he can brag to the choir......So forget it.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 24 Jan 2014, 11:21 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Make no mistake for a multi million purse.........If Mayweather showed interest.......He'd pick up the phone like a shot..

Anybody would..........Set for life........

Manny is saying stupid things like "let's give all our money to charity etc"...........Then says he wants 50/50......

He wants to say 30/70 and let's do it..............That puts Floyd in a spot........Problem is to Arum it's the deal first and Boxing 2nd........

Has to show how TRUMP-like he is !!...So he can brag to the choir......So forget it.

Maybe but they never forced the issue like desperate Khan.

Garcia and his team are confident of their place in boxing and were not shouting from the roof tops for Mayweather even tho no one would have a problem with that fight being made as Danny would deserve it. Unlike Khan who just went to WAR with a Tijuana milk man and feels he deserves to face the best.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 24 Jan 2014, 11:31 am

I'm not sure anyone can force the issue mate..........

Mayweather decides............Like Tyson before him you just hope he picks you !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Fri 24 Jan 2014, 11:35 am

I was one of those who has underestimated Garcia each time he has stepped into the ring, don't mind admitting when I've been proven wrong and he has done that more than most in the last 18 months.

I can't scrape the feeling that he is 'ordinary' when he's in the ring; that isn't something to run him down with...the fact is he keeps coming out on top so obviously doing something right. I think he is the definition of a decent fighter who does everything well and nothing spectacular. As others have said...good timing, good power (think it's tad overrated), good speed, good footwork....what clearly pushes him above many is his boxing brain which is up there with the best. Whilst his dad is a complete twonk think we have to credit him a bit with this being the case.

Cleaned out a division about as well as one can, definitely the top guy. The question is where does he go now. I still don't think he is that marketable which is odd given who he has beat, so may struggle to get the 'defining' fights & I wonder whether he will take the step up to 147. His next fight is in March, likely against Mauricio Herrera (20-3; 7KO's) and lost 2 of his last 4...kind of sums up my concerns for him really.

Last edited by owen10ozzy on Fri 24 Jan 2014, 11:38 am; edited 2 times in total

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 24 Jan 2014, 11:36 am

He's like Bradley........because he's so unsung........He's easy to underestimate..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 24 Jan 2014, 12:15 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Would like a Lucas rematch.  See what really happens when you take a closed eye out the equation.

This is nonsense.

Garcia gave him that closed eye......by PUNCHING him in the eye.

Don't get me wrong, am not writing off the win. I give Lewis full credit for Vit, for example.

But I did have Lucas winning handily until that point therefore it WOULD be interesting to see what would have happened if he hadn't gone blind. The fight did totally turn on that.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond in the rough Fri 24 Jan 2014, 2:13 pm

It's impossible not to have in in the top 10 beat both best ranked LWW at the time off beating them! He's So underrated and if he was to only get beat by manny or mayweather people would still rate him as an overachiever! 1 more good to great win and he's in the top 5! Can see a Garcia Marquez fight in the future if Marquez leaves top rank

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 24 Jan 2014, 2:49 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It's not cobblers It's been around forever..........Or you are naive....

Everybody discussed who was the best fighter around........at the time regardless of weight..

It's precisely that type of attitude that keeps the likes of GBP and Arum in business. No-one would give a toss about P4P if boxing fans could identify who the champions were....and there weren't so many divisions.....and the divisions were actually that.....

Of course people have always discussed the best fighters around but there's something seriously amiss if we're having discussions like: "If Garcia wins his next fight he's 5.....or maybe 7 on my imaginary list".

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 24 Jan 2014, 3:08 pm

hazharrison wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It's not cobblers It's been around forever..........Or you are naive....

It's precisely that type of attitude that keeps the likes of GBP and Arum in business. No-one would give a toss about P4P if boxing fans could identify who the champions were....and there weren't so many divisions.....and the divisions were actually that.....

Of course people have always discussed the best fighters around but there's something seriously amiss if we're having discussions like: "If Garcia wins his next fight he's 5.....or maybe 7 on my imaginary list".

Stop being so miserable.......P4P has been around forever.....Just in the last thirty years people are putting it in magazines...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 24 Jan 2014, 3:43 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:

Stop being so miserable.......P4P has been around forever.....Just in the last thirty years people are putting it in magazines...

If people have nothing better to do than imagine which fighter would be the best if they were all the same size -- a system based on rivals not having fought one another -- then cool. Please, though, don't attempt to rate a fighter's worth based on who they fought on this imaginary list.

Why not debate how good a light welterweight Garcia is? Has he surpassed Hatton, for example?

The spread of these lists is symptomatic of the "everyone's a champion" culture we're cultivating at the behest of the alphabet crooks. It's like primary schools handing out medals to all kids, winners and losers, so that they don't feel excluded.

We end up with champions moving weight to find a money fight rather than staying put and waiting for a challenge to emerge.

Take Sergio Martinez: As middleweight champion, he should be mandated to fight his number one challenger (Golovkin). Instead, he'll most likely fight Cotto - a guy who's never fought at 160 - and it'll be passed off as a bout between "pound for pounders". All you end up with is an unfair fight. Who wants that?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 24 Jan 2014, 3:46 pm

People have better things to do Haz..........Just like I have better things to do than read your modern hating crap...

Some people have better things to do than say Louis hammers Jones jr... while "170 pound" Conn was a superb boxer...

But they do it.........It's called being a boxing fan....and they always have..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 24 Jan 2014, 3:49 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 24 Jan 2014, 3:55 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:People have better things to do Haz..........Just like I have better things to do than read your modern hating crap...

Some people have better things to do than say Louis hammers Jones jr... while "170 pound" Conn was a superb boxer...

But they do it.........It's called being a boxing fan....and they always have..

Don't ever represent yourself in court......

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 24 Jan 2014, 3:57 pm

I'm sure you had a personality on the old 606..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 24 Jan 2014, 4:07 pm

angel 
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I'm sure you had a personality on the old 606..

I'm sure you were less grating when your only fixation was Don Curry.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 24 Jan 2014, 4:07 pm

Let's leave it...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri 24 Jan 2014, 4:23 pm

Garcia will probably just shut it again, he has everything that Lucas has, but is that bit better in nearly all departments and will beat him again.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 24 Jan 2014, 4:24 pm

Less power, of that I'm sure. Garcia has good power, but I think a little over-rated.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri 24 Jan 2014, 4:25 pm

Does every thread have to follow this playground argument Bollox, it is wearing a bit thin now. Surely people are capable of disagreeing without descending to all the childish cack.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 24 Jan 2014, 4:26 pm

You're right Hogey It's all silly.....just annoys me how no matter how good a modern fighter is.......He never gets any due of some...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri 24 Jan 2014, 4:30 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Less power, of that I'm sure.  Garcia has good power, but I think a little over-rated.

Agree Lucas has an edge in power that's why i said nearly all departments mate, but in fairness Garcia hurt Lucas more with his clean shots, Garcia barely blinked when he got clocked.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 24 Jan 2014, 6:20 pm

I like Danny. I also love the fact that he doesn't seem to be worried by a challenge - he just gets on with the job at hand and is extremely focussed. I can see him staying the man at 140lbs for a while (until the inevitable Floyd phonecall at least). He proves a lot of his detractors wrong time and again (myself included, as I was also aboard the Matthysse hype train).

His Dad of course is a grade 1 nutjob and extremely entertaining in a "What the hell is he going to say next?!" kind of way - a bit like Mayorga really. Would love to see a press conference with those 2 mouthing off at each other!

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Fri 24 Jan 2014, 7:48 pm

Totally disagree with this. Khan was totally outclassing him until he was caught.

If they fight again, I can see it being a one sided victory for Khan. I'm not even sure if Garcia could get past Alexander either. He's a mid tier welterweight for me

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Fri 24 Jan 2014, 8:49 pm

All Time Great wrote:Totally disagree with this. Khan was totally outclassing him until he was caught.

If they fight again, I can see it being a one sided victory for Khan. I'm not even sure if Garcia could get past Alexander either. He's a mid tier welterweight for me

WUM surely?!

Mid-tier Welterweight?...he's a light-welterweight for a start.

Has knocked off most rivals at light-welter: Khan, Matthysse, Judah. He may have been getting out-boxed by Khan but in the 3rd he began to time him...hence he knocked him out of his boots for the next round and half. He beat Matthysse win no one expected him too.

I would like to see him in against Provodnikov or perhaps even a tear up against Alvarado.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 24 Jan 2014, 8:58 pm

HE'S THE LIGHT WELTERWEIGHT CHAMPION!!!!!!!

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 24 Jan 2014, 9:03 pm

I agree with Haz on this one, p4p is a load of old nonsense; Bradley, Pacquiao, Marquez, Alvarez and Froch aren't the best in their divisions but find themselves in the ring magazines top ten. If you're not the number one in your own division who gives a crap about some mythical opinion based ranking system where the fighters don't fight each other.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 24 Jan 2014, 9:07 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:I agree with Haz on this one, p4p is a load of old nonsense; Bradley, Pacquiao, Marquez, Alvarez and Froch aren't the best in their divisions but find themselves in the ring magazines top ten. If you're not the number one in your own division who gives a crap about some mythical opinion based ranking system where the fighters don't fight each other.

I love you.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 24 Jan 2014, 9:10 pm

I love you too Haz, we disagree on a lot but this p4p garbage does my head in. I don't need to see Lara have an inflated mythical ranking to know he'd be the best opponent for Mayweather to face. The same goes for Golovkin at middleweight or Kovalev against Stevenson at light heavyweight.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Fri 24 Jan 2014, 9:52 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:
All Time Great wrote:Totally disagree with this. Khan was totally outclassing him until he was caught.

WUM surely?!

Mid-tier Welterweight?...he's a light-welterweight for a start.

Has knocked off most rivals at light-welter: Khan, Matthysse, Judah. He may have been getting out-boxed by Khan but in the 3rd he began to time him...hence he knocked him out of his boots for the next round and half. He beat Matthysse win no one expected him too.

I would like to see him in against Provodnikov or perhaps even a tear up against Alvarado.

No WUM whatsoever I'm afraid, read my prior posts Garcia vs. Khan- my comments will remain the same.

LWW/WW for me are effectively the same thing, Garcia could easily make 147lbs, like the majority of LWWa.

Garcia's first fight against Morales (which I saw live), was poor. He was incredibly lucky to catch Khan with that shot, because for full 3 rounds he was getting taken to school- just look at the punch stats.

Judah ran him close (let's not forget Paulie thoroughly outclassed Judah recently) and Matthyse is not a great  boxer proven by the fact that he's lost 4 times against Maidana in the amateurs, he's an average to above average pressure fighter with a good dig.

Garcia will lose convincingly shortly.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 24 Jan 2014, 10:00 pm

Sorry ATG you're just wrong that's all there is to it, no luck but skill.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Fri 24 Jan 2014, 10:05 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Sorry ATG you're just wrong that's all there is to it, no luck but skill.

an average 48% punches landed percentage vs. 28% (this is with Khan throwing more punches). I don't consider that skill, I consider that getting very lucky.

Basically the stats say he had a 1 in 4 chance of winning the fight. I'm no statistician, but that's gotta be called getting lucky!

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 24 Jan 2014, 10:20 pm

You talk utter garbage, throwing a punch and landing it isn't luck.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Fri 24 Jan 2014, 10:34 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:You talk utter garbage, throwing a punch and landing it isn't luck.

Okay, so how do you explain the 28%? Was he trying it miss by using his skill?

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next