The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Danny Garcia - Zero to hero - Nailed on Top 10 for me..

+17
ShahenshahG
Lumbering_Jack
titaniumjaw
Hammersmith harrier
All Time Great
Mr Bounce
Diamond in the rough
owen10ozzy
Soldier_Of_Fortune
ONETWOFOREVER
hazharrison
Strongback
TopHat24/7
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
hogey
bellchees
TRUSSMAN66
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Danny Garcia - Zero to hero - Nailed on Top 10 for me.. - Page 3 Empty Danny Garcia - Zero to hero - Nailed on Top 10 for me..

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:53 am

First topic message reminder :

What a difference a year or so makes.......

"I hate his Dad hope Lucas knocks him out".............."Easy defence for Khan".............."Hope Zab shuts him and Dad's mouth"...........

90% of the posters on here including me picked Matty to beat this guy...............He's been undersold throughout his career........But wow hasn't he done well...........

Khan, Holt, Morales twice, Zab and Lucas especially are all good wins.............Matty was in many top 10s after he destroyed Petersen.....

Love an overachiever.............and let's face it his record is better than Stevo's who is in many lists and was fighter of the year last year for some.....Mustn't forget Dawson was coming off a Tko defeat..

Garcia is an ugly duckling like Tim Bradley and he's done it the hard way...................Fair play to the guy..

On here he has gone from zero to hero......and you have to give him kudos for that !!.......................

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Danny Garcia - Zero to hero - Nailed on Top 10 for me.. - Page 3 Empty Re: Danny Garcia - Zero to hero - Nailed on Top 10 for me..

Post by 3fingers Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:40 am

@ATG

1) Garcia threw punches to hit the target, 28% landed. The ones that missed were either due to a) poor timing b) defense of Khan c) thrown as distraction for a subsequent shot.

2) By your reasoning if he was lucky to land the shot then he was unlucky to miss so much. You can't have it both ways, if you call shots that land lucky, then, you have to call the shots that don't land unlucky. It seems boxing is nothing but luck!?

3) Too much is made of Garcia being outboxed. Provo would be crazy to try and outbox Mayweather. A fighter must fight to their strengths to secure the win.

4) Before the fight Garcia said timing beats speed, and the first big shot that lands its over. Its patently obvious he was looking for a well timed big counter, and conscious of the fact he was outspeeded by Khan.

5) Garcia tried to land the counter left hook from the get go. And its an difficult shot to land, especially when thrown as a single punch. Initially he missed. It takes time to fathom an opponents rhythm, and find your own timing, hence he got closer with the shot as the rounds progressed.

6) The only lucky shots in boxing are when, a) you take you eyes off the target and blindly through a punch, which ordinarily would have missed, and the opponent walks onto it; b) When the outcome of the punch is unexpected/unintended, for example: the punch was thrown without venom but hit the sweet spot; the punch landed in an unintended spot not normally associated with a KO (neck, ear etc); or, when the opponent sustains an injury as a result of a knockdown.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Danny Garcia - Zero to hero - Nailed on Top 10 for me.. - Page 3 Empty Re: Danny Garcia - Zero to hero - Nailed on Top 10 for me..

Post by Izzi Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:32 am

For the punch stats brigade - Marquez had 'only' landed 21% against Pacman before rendering him unconscious..... Compared to 37% for Pacquiao.

Guess the same ill-informed posters claimed that was a lucky shot?

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:38 am

Izzi wrote:For the punch stats brigade - Marquez had 'only' landed 21% against Pacman before rendering him unconscious..... Compared to 37% for Pacquiao.

Guess the same ill-informed posters claimed that was a lucky shot?

I felt Pacquiao was winning the fight handsomely at that point, at one point I thought he was going to KO Marquez!

It was a great shot by Marquez, but if he had not of landed it Pacquiao probably would of won the fight in the next couple of rounds.

I guess what we can take from this thread is everyone is allowed to have a different opinion. In my mind, completely out scoring an opponent in the punch stats shows a fighter is winning the fight. Whereas, others (well 90% of you) believe timing a big shot is more important. I disagree.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:47 am

90% of people think you have to watch the fight to gauge an opinion not cop out and use punchstats, end of the day Marquez and Garcia did exactly what they aimed to do hence no luck. Winning two rounds of a fight is hardly dominating especially when it's with pitter patter punches having very little effect.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:54 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:90% of people think you have to watch the fight to gauge an opinion not cop out and use punchstats, end of the day Marquez and Garcia did exactly what they aimed to do hence no luck. Winning two rounds of a fight is hardly dominating especially when it's with pitter patter punches having very little effect.

That directed at me?! I was using punch stats to back up that just because one more guy is landing it doesn't count for huge amounts... Like you said, 6 pit pat clips vs 3 big flush landing shots that buckle the guys legs - what catches the judges eyes more? This isn't the amateurs.

Think we're arguing the same point?

Khan could get taken out at any moment, it doesn't exactly take a technical tactician genius what game plan to go in with and Khan isn't exactly elusive.

Please just get Khan in with Prov, it wouldn resemble Eubank vs Dos Santos (think that's the guy he flattened inside 10 seconds?)

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:55 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:90% of people think you have to watch the fight to gauge an opinion not cop out and use punchstats, end of the day Marquez and Garcia did exactly what they aimed to do hence no luck. Winning two rounds of a fight is hardly dominating especially when it's with pitter patter punches having very little effect.

Marquez and Garcia both had signs of damage from the punishment they took in the fights. For the record, I watched both fights.

Garcia vs. Khan needs to be made again, if the result is the same again I will back down from my "opinion".

HH, you got to accept, people are allowed to differ in their opinion until proven wrong (which only a rematch would be able to determine, which incidentally I feel Garcia has ducked).

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:58 am

Izzi wrote:

That directed at me?! I was using punch stats to back up that just because one more guy is landing it doesn't count for huge amounts... Like you said, 6 pit pat clips vs 3 big flush landing shots that buckle the guys legs - what catches the judges eyes more? This isn't the amateurs.

Think we're arguing the same point?

Khan could get taken out at any moment, it doesn't exactly take a technical tactician genius what game plan to go in with and Khan isn't exactly elusive.

Please just get Khan in with Prov, it wouldn resemble Eubank vs Dos Santos (think that's the guy he flattened inside 10 seconds?)

Not directed at you Izzi.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:00 pm

All Time Great wrote:

Marquez and Garcia both had signs of damage from the punishment they took in the fights. For the record, I watched both fights.

Garcia vs. Khan needs to be made again, if the result is the same again I will back down from my "opinion".

HH, you got to accept, people are allowed to differ in their opinion until proven wrong (which only a rematch would be able to determine, which incidentally I feel Garcia has ducked).

I accept differences of opinion that are based upon logic not foundless garbage and irrational accusations, the better man won it's that simple, time you accepted that instead of coming up with more hilarious excuses.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by titaniumjaw Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:20 pm

Atg if Garcia Khan happens again it will end the same with KhAn doing the wobbly leg shuffle I know you said previous who he'd beat but fought guys to win title with no dig to trouble his glass jaw Nd was hanging on for dear life when he fought maidana at the end.

titaniumjaw

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:58 pm

Khan got caught...........But If anybody tells me Garcia's game plan was to be cut and repeatedly beaten to the punch in his quest against him..

I'll think they are bananas..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:47 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Khan got caught...........But If anybody tells me Garcia's game plan was to be cut and repeatedly beaten to the punch in his quest against him..

I'll think they are bananas..........

Read above. There are many posters on here that believe this is the case....

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:49 pm

They probably believe getting completely hammered off Hearns before the payoff was Barkley's gameplan.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3