The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OH MY WORD!!!

+23
nobbled
EnglishReign
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
WELL-PAST-IT
Cyril
TJ
GunsGerms
lostinwales
Toadfish
beshocked
jimmyinthewell68
ChequeredJersey
gatlandgun
Geordie
munkian
doctor_grey
thomh
quinsforever
GloriousEmpire
Scrumpy
Breadvan
Scratch
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
27 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

OH MY WORD!!! - Page 3 Empty OH MY WORD!!!

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Wed 29 Jan 2014, 9:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

I just can't get over the reaction from the England fans regarding the dropping of Ashton.
When we all pointed out he can't defend we were slapped down and dismissed as jealous,then we had talk of him being a Lion becoming the worlds leading try scorer and possibly he could be the second coming of the Messiah.
You fickle fickle bunch, now Lancaster has picked a couple of unproven nobody's for the wing they seem to be the flavor of the month , honestly i predict Mike Brown being out of favour with you lot by the end of the year WATCH THIS SPACE!

Then we look at Toby Flood being given the real cold shoulder,Lancaster is a fool! Flood is a very very good flyhalf who can adapt to kick territory or attack ,but Farrell wow the lad is pretty crap and has his Dad to thank for so much.

France by 10 or more points.
Peace out.

Back to top Go down

OH MY WORD!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: OH MY WORD!!!

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Fri 31 Jan 2014, 11:16 am

nobbled wrote:
Breadvan wrote:Fra will probably beat us, then view/deluded will claim a font of all knowledge and a sage for predicting it!  Lol...

Ahhh so View is Deluded.

It all makes sense.
On a number of levels.

I did wonder how the team that came second last year, and lost on points difference only could really be so very terrible. It depends entirely on your View!

He is definitely not my View, last time I heard no one wanted him, he was back at the kids home, numerous foster parents kept bringing him back as he was too disruptive.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 31 Jan 2014, 11:56 am

In a moment of boredom one time I did a net search on viewtothegym. The name turned up in a body building forum. The account had been banned...

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Fri 31 Jan 2014, 4:07 pm

lostinwales wrote:In a moment of boredom one time I did a net search on viewtothegym. The name turned up in a body building forum. The account had been banned...
yep bunch of over sensitive steroid abusers,who couldn't handle hard facts on how every gain they made in the gym is a farce if it happened whilst on steroids.

But anyway back to the rugby can not wait for tomorrow Yahoo  thumbsup 

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 31 Jan 2014, 4:10 pm

DeludedOptimistorjustDave wrote:
lostinwales wrote:In a moment of boredom one time I did a net search on viewtothegym. The name turned up in a body building forum. The account had been banned...
yep bunch of over sensitive steroid abusers,who couldn't handle hard facts on how every gain they made in the gym is a farce if it happened whilst on steroids.

At last something we can all agree on  Very Happy 

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Fri 31 Jan 2014, 4:16 pm

lostinwales wrote:
DeludedOptimistorjustDave wrote:

At last something we can all agree on  Very Happy 
Do you train? im into powerlifting with a slight strongman bias style of training,real life functional strength far more important to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 31 Jan 2014, 4:41 pm

No I dont, sadly - getting old (pushing 45), one shoulder messed up and too much real life.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Chjw131 Fri 31 Jan 2014, 4:49 pm

munkian wrote:Won't somebody please think about Balshaw ?

I think you'll find I called for him earlier in the thread. And Cueto.

Chjw131

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Fri 31 Jan 2014, 5:14 pm

the real disgraceful omission has of course been Wilkinson

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 31 Jan 2014, 6:11 pm

Hey all Im saying is if Johnson hadnt sent Lewsey packing then how different might things have been...

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Chjw131 Fri 31 Jan 2014, 6:45 pm

If only Julian White hadn't got the hump.

Chjw131

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Feb 2014, 9:49 am

Sorry OT curveball

Didn't know where to post this or how to start a thread. Is this legit or just an attempt to pump up his wedge at the Rabbitohs NRL club? His contract is to 2016 anyways.

Burgess in the lily white

http://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/9675560/Sam-Burgess-may-switch-codes-for-World-Cup

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sat 01 Feb 2014, 10:08 am

Can a modmin split this?

Its something theyve done in the past but a policy that seemed to be discredited after the woeful returns we got from it and goes against everything Lancaster is supposed to stand for (except changing his squad every game) . He does have a Muppet haircut though so would fit in well.
With a forward though wouldnt it be a bit much to expect them to adapt to Unions rucks, tackling styles, lineouts and scrums as well as the general change in play in just a season? Would they look to convert him to center...England lack real monster backs. I dunno doesnt sit well. Lancaster only has to get rid of Farrell to have purged the league converts.

It is being reported fairly widely including the telegraph which is usually very reliable for news from the england camp...its their go to paper for leaks as they give rugby a high profile. So there could be substance to it. Whether hed risk his long term career having seen whats happened with most who tried it for England is another thing.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Sat 01 Feb 2014, 12:08 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:Can a modmin split this?

Its something theyve done in the past but a policy that seemed to be discredited after the woeful returns we got from it and goes against everything Lancaster is supposed to stand for (except changing his squad every game) . He does have a Muppet haircut though so would fit in well.
With a forward though wouldnt it be a bit much to expect them to adapt to Unions rucks, tackling styles, lineouts and scrums as well as the general change in play in just a season? Would they look to convert him to center...England lack real monster backs. I dunno doesnt sit well. Lancaster only has to get rid of Farrell to have purged the league converts.

It is being reported fairly widely including the telegraph which is usually very reliable for news from the england camp...its their go to paper for leaks as they give rugby a high profile. So there could be substance to it. Whether hed risk his long term career having seen whats happened with most who tried it for England is another thing.

I think Burrell played league for a while although not at a high level, Huddersfield or somewhere like that. Came to his sense and his mum emailed SL at Leeds and got him a trial, the rest is history as they say.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sat 01 Feb 2014, 12:28 pm

It was Huddersfields Union club he started with, but got bumped over to the Rhinos reserves for a while whilst at Leeds. Ironically the reason given for Lancaster overlooking him was that his defence was hopeless. I guess Ashton should get his dad (Brian?) to write a letter and get him another chance.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3