The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GGG vs Andy Lee

+22
3fingers
Izzi
John Bloody Wayne
ONETWOFOREVER
KO-KING
88Chris05
Hammersmith harrier
kingraf
owen10ozzy
Seanusarrilius
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Diamond in the rough
JabMachineMK2
Boxtthis
Haito
bellchees
Strongback
catchweight
tommyhearnsprodigalson
KingMonkey
TRUSSMAN66
hampo17
26 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

GGG vs Andy Lee - Page 5 Empty GGG vs Andy Lee

Post by hampo17 Wed 05 Feb 2014, 12:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

Looking likely this fight will happen on the 26th of April after Daniel Geale apparently turned the fight down.

I can see Lee being out of their by the halfway stage.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

GGG vs Andy Lee - Page 5 Empty Re: GGG vs Andy Lee

Post by hazharrison Fri 07 Feb 2014, 11:11 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:The thing with any analysis like that Owen is that it's based on fights against fairly average opposition, does he do that against better fighters we don't yet know. Matthyse was seen as an almost unstoppable force before he met Garcia but that fight proved two things, he can't destroy everyone and a leaky defence gets you in trouble.

Abraham and Golovkin are different fighters but the former is a good example of ability at one weight not translating to ability northwards.

Comparing the power of Groves and Golovkin is in itself a tricky exercise, I have seen Groves drop and hurt the iron chinned Froch, now nobody GGG has faced is that damn tough. GGG's best wins have come against 154lbers moving up, so we're then asking how his power travels up 14lbs.

To be fair to Matthysse, he looked on course to beat Garcia until he incurred eye damage. Not to take away from Garcia mind you - that's his job.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 07 Feb 2014, 11:13 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
hazharrison wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:Golovkin beats Macklin he's the real deal, Alvarez beats Trout he's a hype job.

We'll see genius.

You criticise Golovkin and claim Alvarez isn't a hype job? It's like FLUFFMAN hasn't been away all day.

I'm not claiming anything but Alvarez in beating Trout has the superior win of the pair, that it was close doesn't prove a thing really, Trout is simply far superior to Macklin.

An arguable decision that could have gone either way. Golovkin is killing these middleweights. He'd murder Alvarez.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 07 Feb 2014, 11:15 pm

I can't see it myself, beating crap doesn't really impress me Haz.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 07 Feb 2014, 11:17 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:I can't see it myself, beating crap doesn't really impress me Haz.

Yet you drool over Floyd and Saul!

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 07 Feb 2014, 11:23 pm

You cannot seriously be comparing Golovkin to Mayweather and you're the one accusing me of being warped, Jesus Christ. Alvarez has actually faced the two guys ranked the highest aside from himself so i'm happier to make a judgement call on him plus he's a good 8 years younger than Golovkin.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 07 Feb 2014, 11:33 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:You cannot seriously be comparing Golovkin to Mayweather and you're the one accusing me of being warped, Jesus Christ. Alvarez has actually faced the two guys ranked the highest aside from himself so i'm happier to make a judgement call on him plus he's a good 8 years younger than Golovkin.

Floyd fights easy meat and Alvarez has one win that looked more like a draw.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 07 Feb 2014, 11:34 pm

On that humorous note i'm going to laugh myself to sleep, keep reading those history books Haz.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Fri 07 Feb 2014, 11:38 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:I think it's clear Martinez doesn't want a piece of him, nor does Quillan.

However he's a named fighter and I struggle to believe he can't get a top guy in the ring. Calzaghe is rightly blasted for this.

Some very interesting fights for him. I think he loses to Ward because he's so damn good. Lara certainly has the ability to outbox him, be he can be found and hurt. GGG hits hard.

Froch is the best fight for him. Froch would be the naturally bigger man and GGG isn't that hard to find. Gun to head I'd pick Froch, but not a lot in it.

No comparison...

1) Calzaghe was a Champ for 11 years

2) Golovkin has been a champ for 3 and a bit.

3) If Golovkin goes another 7 years having not travelled, and somehow avoiding the main threats then you'll have a case.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 07 Feb 2014, 11:40 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:On that humorous note i'm going to laugh myself to sleep, keep reading those history books Haz.

And off he went to sob into his pillow....

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 07 Feb 2014, 11:41 pm

3fingers wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:I think it's clear Martinez doesn't want a piece of him, nor does Quillan.

However he's a named fighter and I struggle to believe he can't get a top guy in the ring. Calzaghe is rightly blasted for this.

Some very interesting fights for him. I think he loses to Ward because he's so damn good. Lara certainly has the ability to outbox him, be he can be found and hurt. GGG hits hard.

Froch is the best fight for him. Froch would be the naturally bigger man and GGG isn't that hard to find. Gun to head I'd pick Froch, but not a lot in it.

No comparison...

1) Calzaghe was a Champ for 11 years

2) Golovkin has been a champ for 3 and a bit.

3) If Golovkin goes another 7 years having not travelled, and somehow avoiding the main threats then you'll have a case.

thumbsup 

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 07 Feb 2014, 11:45 pm

hazharrison wrote:
Strongback wrote:
John Bloody Wayne wrote:Just imagine the abuse GGG would get if his opponent was as bad as, say, Cotto.

Ironically Cotto, a light welter in reality, is still better than anything GGG had faced.

Ridiculous claim.

How is it ridiculous. I don't think a shot Cotto would look out of placing fighting Macklin. The middle division really is that bad.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 07 Feb 2014, 11:48 pm

Strongback wrote:
hazharrison wrote:
Strongback wrote:
John Bloody Wayne wrote:Just imagine the abuse GGG would get if his opponent was as bad as, say, Cotto.

Ironically Cotto, a light welter in reality, is still better than anything GGG had faced.

Ridiculous claim.

How is it ridiculous.  I don't think a shot Cotto would look out of placing fighting Macklin.  The middle division really is that bad.

Cotto is badly faded and is likely to be walloped by Martinez - a natural light middleweight. Cotto has no form whatsoever at 160 and would be far too small to compete with anyone in the top ten.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Fri 07 Feb 2014, 11:49 pm

hazharrison wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:Golovkin beats Macklin he's the real deal, Alvarez beats Trout he's a hype job.

We'll see genius.

You criticise Golovkin and claim Alvarez isn't a hype job? It's like FLUFFMAN hasn't been away all day.

I'm not claiming anything but Alvarez in beating Trout has the superior win of the pair, that it was close doesn't prove a thing really, Trout is simply far superior to Macklin.

1) Trout is the only light middleweight that Alvarez has EVER fought as 'champion'. As champion he only fought welterweights or smaller, including Mayweather. Extremely overrated because of this.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Fri 07 Feb 2014, 11:54 pm

Oh yeah, and whos trout? Someone who has a reputation for beating Cotto (a light/welterweight) and who got beat by the only two decent light middleweights he fought (including the hyped alvarez).

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 07 Feb 2014, 11:54 pm

3fingers wrote:
hazharrison wrote:

We'll see genius.

1) Trout is the only light middleweight that Alvarez has EVER fought as 'champion'.  As champion he only fought welterweights or smaller, including Mayweather. Extremely overrated because of this.

Exactamundo!

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 08 Feb 2014, 12:10 am

hazharrison wrote:
Strongback wrote:
hazharrison wrote:
Strongback wrote:

Ridiculous claim.

How is it ridiculous.  I don't think a shot Cotto would look out of placing fighting Macklin.  The middle division really is that bad.

Cotto is badly faded and is likely to be walloped by Martinez - a natural light middleweight. Cotto has no form whatsoever at 160 and would be far too small to compete with anyone in the top ten.

You're seriously over estimating the standard of the middleweight division. That may be part of the reason you don't have a problem with GGG's level of opposition up to now.

Let's see how Cotto does first against the proven Middleweight Kingpin Martinez. Cotto never had the psychological edge even in his prime but at the same time he's never been embarrassed and he's been in with the best.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 08 Feb 2014, 12:14 am

Strongback wrote:
hazharrison wrote:
Strongback wrote:
hazharrison wrote:
Strongback wrote:

Ridiculous claim.

You're seriously over estimating the standard of the middleweight division.  That may be part of the reason you don't have a problem with GGG's level of opposition up to now.

Let's see how Cotto does first against the proven Middleweight Kingpin Martinez.  Cotto never had the psychological edge even in his prime but at the same time he's never been embarrassed and he's been in with the best.

Martinez will beat him up. I'm not overrating the middleweights or Golovkin's opposition. Cotto, though, is no 154 pounder. He doesn't belong anywhere near 160.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 08 Feb 2014, 2:12 pm

hazharrison wrote:
3fingers wrote:
hazharrison wrote:

We'll see genius.

1) Trout is the only light middleweight that Alvarez has EVER fought as 'champion'.  As champion he only fought welterweights or smaller, including Mayweather. Extremely overrated because of this.

Exactamundo!

I agree...Macklin is so much better than the number one ..154 pounder at the time Canelo.............

I'll go further and say everyone Floyd beats in the future will be crap too........and everyone GGG beats will be Ray Robinson on acid !!

GGG is number 1 p4per for me..........He beats everybody !! thumbsup 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 08 Feb 2014, 2:15 pm

Also worth remembering that Golovkin has yet to beat a fully fledged top draw Middleweight, Macklin, Ishida, Rosado and Ouma were all light middleweights. Alvarez has at least beaten the then number three in the world at his weight, if that doesn't legitimise you then not a lot will.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 08 Feb 2014, 2:27 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Also worth remembering that Golovkin has yet to beat a fully fledged top draw Middleweight, Macklin, Ishida, Rosado and Ouma were all light middleweights. Alvarez has at least beaten the then number three in the world at his weight, if that doesn't legitimise you then not a lot will.

Stevens was a super middle. Macklin was good enough to push Sturm to the wire and test Martinez. Golovkin swatted him like a bug.

It's just a matter of time before Golovkin gets the big names and when he does, I'll be ready to have that wager with you.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sat 08 Feb 2014, 4:37 pm

you sound like an immature fanboy Haz.

some of us have watched boxing long enough to realise a powerful guy whos a great finisher like golovkin, can struggle when he steps up in opposition.

Golovkin looks good, but so did matthysse and lacy and pavlik and countless others in recent years. until they stepped up the quality in opposition.

golovkin knows it will be a risk to fight a boxer like quilin. so he would rather take the easier fights available first. then he can sell the avoided line to some of the mugs who dont understand boxing, and jump on the bandwagon of knockout artists.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 08 Feb 2014, 5:05 pm

Lance wrote:you sound like an immature fanboy Haz.

some of us have watched boxing long enough to realise a powerful guy whos a great finisher like golovkin, can struggle when he steps up in opposition.

Golovkin looks good, but so did matthysse and lacy and pavlik and countless others in recent years. until they stepped up the quality in opposition.

golovkin knows it will be a risk to fight a boxer like quilin. so he would rather take the easier fights available first. then he can sell the avoided line to some of the mugs who dont understand boxing, and jump on the bandwagon of knockout artists.

Now why would you feel the need to insult me? And why insinuate you are more well-versed in the sport than I? That's both immature and ignorant (and a bit ridiculous based on your previous posts).

If you, too, would like to have a bet with me when Martinez or Quillin are paid well enough to take the fight, I'm happy to oblige you also.

You didn't hear me raving about the likes of Lacy or Pavlik back in the day - or anyone since come to that. Golovkin, though, looks special. Pointless wittering on about it - just wait and get your cheque book ready.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 08 Feb 2014, 5:36 pm

You do have a high opinion of yourself Haz and I'm not sure why, you're not exactly one of the more knowledgable on here.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 08 Feb 2014, 6:20 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:You do have a high opinion of yourself Haz and I'm not sure why, you're not exactly one of the more knowledgable on here.

What a tragic comment -- you really are an insecure little fellow aren't you?

You might want to tell your alter-ego to stop private messaging me telling me how wonderful I am as it's obviously gone to my head.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 08 Feb 2014, 6:45 pm

My alter-ego?

You have a habit of trying to belittle anyone who doesn't bow to your superior knowledge, you and Truss are as bad as each other for that.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 08 Feb 2014, 6:57 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:My alter-ego?

You have a habit of trying to belittle anyone who doesn't bow to your superior knowledge, you and Truss are as bad as each other for that.

Trussman -- you're like two halves of one person. He doesn't have any knowledge aside from the history of HBO's 24/7 and MTV cribs at the big house.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 08 Feb 2014, 7:01 pm

We pretty much agree on about thing Haz and that's Mayweather aside from that I think he's rose tinted in favour of 1980's Americans. To this day I find his resentment of Duran funny, the widely considered greatest since Ali isn't American, he hates it.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 08 Feb 2014, 7:56 pm

hazharrison wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:My alter-ego?

Trussman -- you're like two halves of one person. He doesn't have any knowledge aside from the history of HBO's 24/7 and MTV cribs at the big house.

This guy hits out like a little child...Doesn't he ??

My little boy is more mature..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 08 Feb 2014, 7:57 pm

You don't want to be on the same page as that guy. Not if you're hoping to climb the most knowledgeable posters rankings....

Laugh

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 08 Feb 2014, 8:01 pm

Think Lance is a very shrewd guy..

Turning into a top poster... thumbsup 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 08 Feb 2014, 8:05 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Think Lance is a very shrewd guy..

Turning into a top poster... thumbsup 

You should message him telling him how the board needs him.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 08 Feb 2014, 8:11 pm

hazharrison wrote:You don't want to be on the same page as that guy. Not if you're hoping to climb the most knowledgeable posters rankings....

Laugh

Dear oh dear..............He's like a little kid.

The Haz I used to like was better than this..

Hope he comes back.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 08 Feb 2014, 8:14 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:You don't want to be on the same page as that guy. Not if you're hoping to climb the most knowledgeable posters rankings....

Laugh

Hope he comes back.

Easy tiger or I'll post up that message you sent me which was pretty tragic and a little creepy if I'm honest.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 08 Feb 2014, 8:20 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:We pretty much agree on about thing Haz and that's Mayweather aside from that I think he's rose tinted in favour of 1980's Americans. To this day I find his resentment of Duran funny, the widely considered greatest since Ali isn't American, he hates it.

Have a lot of respect for Hammer and the way he puts his points across........

Duran has nothing to do with my nationality though...........Anyway duty calls and goodnight.........

Been a s**t weekend already........Hope you guys enjoy the rest of it....

Chill out Haz............You think I know sack all !!....well I guess It is something I'll have to carry with a heavy heart !! heart thumbsup

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Sat 08 Feb 2014, 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 08 Feb 2014, 8:25 pm

hazharrison wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Laugh

Hope he comes back.

Easy tiger or I'll post up that message you sent me which was pretty tragic and a little creepy if I'm honest.

Reminds me of the time when I lulled Azania into a false sense of security and he sent me a PM outlining how he was on the constant wind up and his views weren't his views especially on Fury and Price.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 08 Feb 2014, 8:29 pm

I was trying to call a truce Haz...........

But you just keep insulting.........

You ruined my Hagler thread.........But there you go..........

Do what you will..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sat 08 Feb 2014, 8:42 pm

Strongback wrote:

Ironically Cotto, a light welter in reality, is still better than anything GGG has faced.

At 160 I'd back Macklin or Stevens to absolutely maul Cotto.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sat 08 Feb 2014, 11:18 pm

I have it from the mods that hammersmith harrier has been banned here several times so wouldnt worry about him.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5