The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GGG vs Andy Lee

+22
3fingers
Izzi
John Bloody Wayne
ONETWOFOREVER
KO-KING
88Chris05
Hammersmith harrier
kingraf
owen10ozzy
Seanusarrilius
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Diamond in the rough
JabMachineMK2
Boxtthis
Haito
bellchees
Strongback
catchweight
tommyhearnsprodigalson
KingMonkey
TRUSSMAN66
hampo17
26 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

GGG vs Andy Lee - Page 2 Empty GGG vs Andy Lee

Post by hampo17 Wed 05 Feb 2014, 12:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

Looking likely this fight will happen on the 26th of April after Daniel Geale apparently turned the fight down.

I can see Lee being out of their by the halfway stage.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

GGG vs Andy Lee - Page 2 Empty Re: GGG vs Andy Lee

Post by bellchees Wed 05 Feb 2014, 8:28 pm

Golovkin vs Stevens was the third highest watched fight on HBO last year and it was hardly a stacked card either. He's got to be able to throw some money at somebody decent to get in the ring with him and a fight with Martinez would sure as hell make more money for Sergio than Murray, Macklin, Barker and Dzinziruk did.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 05 Feb 2014, 8:30 pm

Golovkin was willing to fight Martinez in Argentina then was he Chris? No I didn't think he was.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 05 Feb 2014, 8:35 pm

bellchees wrote:Golovkin vs Stevens was the third highest watched fight on HBO last year and it was hardly a stacked card either. He's got to be able to throw some money at somebody decent to get in the ring with him and a fight with Martinez would sure as hell make more money for Sergio than Murray, Macklin, Barker and Dzinziruk did.

Cotto brings more............But I'm sure a warrior and a tricky southpaw like Serge fancies the job.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 05 Feb 2014, 8:38 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Golovkin was willing to fight Martinez in Argentina then was he Chris? No I didn't think he was.

Golovkin has boxed all over the world. What are you basing that assumption on? Point is, Martinez and DiBella never even entertained the idea of fighting him, so Golovkin never had the chance to accept / decline a fight in Argentina.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 05 Feb 2014, 8:41 pm

At the end of the day Chris you're going to take his word for everything I on the other hand will not because I just don't buy into the idea that nobody will face him. Martinez can make more money fighting other opponents so if GGG is happy fighting the Adama's of the world he'll have to accept he won't be getting his shot.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed 05 Feb 2014, 8:46 pm

Golovkin will continue to knock out the second tier fighters for as long as it make sense financially. Lee was already lined up.

Golovkins team already admitted to tuning down a Sturm fight last year, because they had something else lined up....Macklin i think it was.

Golovkin will step up when his fans get bored of the 'im being avoided' lets knock somebody out for a slightly larger audience than last time, again soon routine.

It makes me laugh that some people are so desparate to think otherwise, but Hes earning good money from fights he knows he wins. The promoters are doing their job perfectly

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 05 Feb 2014, 8:48 pm

Apparently Martinez is avoiding the guy because his promoter put out a statement saying he didn't want to know....

Bit like Duff.......avoided Breland and Starling.........

However Honeyghan was up for it..........and it's best to remember that fact..

People like Haz and others believe everything they read and life is always black and white...

"Duran said he wasn't motivated for Leonard 2 so it mean't nothing"........okay that's that then.

Really pees me off.........Martinez would fight anybody for the right money..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 05 Feb 2014, 9:11 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Apparently Martinez is avoiding the guy because his promoter put out a statement saying he didn't want to know....

Bit like Duff.......avoided Breland and Starling.........

However Honeyghan was up for it..........and it's best to remember that fact..

People like Haz and others believe everything they read and life is always black and white...

"Duran said he wasn't motivated for Leonard 2 so it mean't nothing"........okay that's that then.

Really pees me off.........Martinez would fight anybody for the right money..

What an offensive dolt you are. "People like Haz believe everything they read" -- what utter tripe (as usual).

I read widely and form an opinion from it. As far as I can tell, you read nothing (apart from your Floyd fanzine) and make glib references to fights from the 80's that bear no relevance to any debate you've wandered in on.

Golovkin had three opponents approved by HBO for April -- one of which was Geale (who turned the fight down, stating it wouldn't be shown on Aussie TV and so wouldn't be viable). The second was Kirkland, who priced himself out of the fight (Ann Wolfe didn't want it by all accounts). The final opponent was Lee. Golovkin himself has repeatedly professed a desire to fight Sergio Martinez. The Martinez camp have responded by stating they want no part of him in the near future -- if Martinez disagreed with DiBella's comments, why hasn't he issued a statement or offered GGG the fight?

If Martinez defeats Cotto he is scheduled to fight Marco Antonio Rubio. If Cotto wins, he plans to go in with Alvarez or Mayweather.

Quillin is with Showtime/GBP/Haymon and so the fight can't be made (Quillin's people have also advised him against taking it).

If Chavez Jr. gets past Vera, then he'll likely take on Froch (Groves will then take the Ward fight).

Sturm, Geale and Murray have all turned GGG down -- actually rejected offers to face him.

Golovkin is the most avoided man in boxing -- the entire division is running scared. There's been nothing like this since Tyson.

Last edited by hazharrison on Wed 05 Feb 2014, 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 05 Feb 2014, 9:15 pm

Just call it as I see it..No need to insult me....

Happy for you to "Try" to set the record straight Mate..

You do tend to believe everything you read though from historians do you not ??

But fairplay..........If you think Schmelling, Braddock and Baer are great fighters who am I to argue...........All about opinions..

At least yours are different... thumbsup 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 05 Feb 2014, 9:19 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Just call it as I see it..No need to insult me....

But fairplay..........If you think Schmelling, Braddock and Baer are great fighters who am I to argue...........All about opinions..

I'll take an historian's view over a forum fly any day of the week.

And, happily, my opinions will always differ from yours. I'm a fan of the sport not one particular fighter.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 05 Feb 2014, 9:19 pm

I see Martinez winning that fight should it ever happen. He would pick GGG off easily as he is easy to hit.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 05 Feb 2014, 9:21 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:I see Martinez winning that fight should it ever happen. He would pick GGG off easily as he is easy to hit.

I believe Golovkin would retire Martinez. Sergio has been a fine champion but he's too vulnerable these days to hold off a beast like GGG.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 05 Feb 2014, 9:22 pm

hazharrison wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Just call it as I see it..No need to insult me....

I'll take an historian's view over a forum fly any day of the week.

And, happily, my opinions will always differ from yours. I'm a fan of the sport not one particular fighter.

More insults........very sad.....Never mind..............

Onetwo..I agree Mate.....GGG looks a bit predictable to me...Though it didn't hurt JCC who he reminds me of....GGG has never beaten anybody..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 05 Feb 2014, 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 05 Feb 2014, 9:26 pm

hazharrison wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:I see Martinez winning that fight should it ever happen. He would pick GGG off easily as he is easy to hit.

I believe Golovkin would retire Martinez. Sergio has been a fine champion but he's too vulnerable these days to hold off a beast like GGG.

I'm thinking about the Chavez fight. I think a fight with GGG would go much the same way with GGG stalking Martinez. Except Martinez just did what he liked to Chavez until that latin machismo reared its head in the 12th and he had to go toe to toe with Chavez and thats where he got silly and was tageed and hurt.

Granted if GGG catches him like that its over but I don't think Martinez will be that stupid with GGG.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 05 Feb 2014, 9:28 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
hazharrison wrote:

I'm thinking about the Chavez fight. I think a fight with GGG would go much the same way with GGG stalking Martinez. Except Martinez just did what he liked to Chavez until that latin machismo reared its head in the 12th and he had to go toe to toe with Chavez and thats where he got silly and was tageed and hurt.

Granted if GGG catches him like that its over but I don't think Martinez will be that stupid with GGG.

Not sure Martinez has twelve tough rounds left in him Mate...

By the way ONETWO...Do you know of any historian that has Jack Johnson in a top 10 alltime list ??..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 05 Feb 2014, 9:32 pm

Chavez is no world beater and he almost had Martinez out of there. Macklin and Barker gave Martinez a fight. Golovkin destroyed Macklin. God only knows what he'd have done to Barker.

Comparing Chavez to Golovkin is an awful assessment -- pretty standard but an obvious wind up.

Golovkin will take his chance when he gets it -- just a waiting game.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 05 Feb 2014, 9:33 pm

Did'nt Nat Fleischer have him at number 1???

He's Mr boxing after all.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 05 Feb 2014, 9:34 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
hazharrison wrote:

Not sure Martinez has twelve tough rounds left in him Mate...

By the way ONETWO...Do you know of any historian that has Jack Johnson in a top 10 alltime list ??..........

More than those who have Mayweather top three -- top ten even (which is zero).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 05 Feb 2014, 9:34 pm

Not sure you can base too much on Macklin who committed suicide.......

Martinez is a southpaw as well.........figure that in to the mix..

Do think Martinez is past it though........

Forget it about Johnson ONETWO...I was being a d**khead..

Haz 29/35 posters on here had him top 10 ...Including the Captain and Chris..

But that's another story Mate.

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 05 Feb 2014, 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 05 Feb 2014, 9:37 pm

Macklin couldn't fight any other way, admitted as much himself. Golovkin was awesome in that one against a guy who pushed Martinez and Sturm. Golovkin treat him like a deck chair.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 05 Feb 2014, 9:38 pm

hazharrison wrote:Chavez is no world beater and he almost had Martinez out of there. Macklin and Barker gave Martinez a fight. Golovkin destroyed Macklin. God only knows what he'd have done to Barker.

Comparing Chavez to Golovkin is an awful assessment -- pretty standard but an obvious wind up.

Its not a wind up

I compared the fight not the fighters. With Martinez style what more do you think GGG could do except stalk Martinez???

I am not getting excited about GGG yet because he has had it so easy up to now. Macklin did nothing but stay on the ropes and wait to get hit. I grew up watching boxing through the 80's if GGG were around then he would have been exposed long ago and would just be another bum who could bang a bit.

Boxing is more then just power mate.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Wed 05 Feb 2014, 9:39 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Great fight..... but Khan isn't..

I love it..

Mayweather has Garcia, Lara, Maidana, Pacquiao, Martinez, Golovkin, Cotto all begging him for a fight. GGG was Sturm's mandatory for a while but Sturm wouldn't face him. N'daam previously vacated to avoid him, Geale has turned him down, Quillin said it "didn't make sense (to get KTFO)" and Martinez is taking on the over the hill, former light welterweight who's smaller than every other light middleweight Cotto who hasn't won a meaningful fight since Margarito II (and that's being generous) for the middleweight title.

Also, Mayweather fights once or sometimes twice a year. GGG fights every few months and it isn't for 70 dollar PPV.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 05 Feb 2014, 9:40 pm

I think Macklin was all wrong for him .......Have a feeling he's past it too.......His new Coach and Martinez battered him.....

GGG looks promising Mate...........Hope he is the real deal but we have yet to see him with someone really tricky....

Hopefully Martinez answers the call after Miguel...........Be nice to have unification too...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Wed 05 Feb 2014, 9:41 pm

[quote="ONETWOFOREVER"]
hazharrison wrote:

Not what you said when Curtis was gonna spark GGG the moment he landed the left hook though was it?

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 05 Feb 2014, 9:42 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:

I love it..

Mayweather has Garcia, Lara, Maidana, Pacquiao, Martinez, Golovkin, Cotto all begging him for a fight. GGG was Sturm's mandatory for a while but Sturm wouldn't face him. N'daam previously vacated to avoid him, Geale has turned him down, Quillin said it "didn't make sense (to get KTFO)" and Martinez is taking on the over the hill, former light welterweight who's smaller than every other light middleweight Cotto who hasn't won a meaningful fight since Margarito II (and that's being generous) for the middleweight title.

Also, Mayweather fights once or sometimes twice a year. GGG fights every few months and it isn't for 70 dollar PPV.

He's also beaten castillo, Hatton, JM, Oscar, Mosley, Guerrero, Canelo and lots more..

Lest we forget......and been champ for 16 years.....But let's leave it at that..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Wed 05 Feb 2014, 9:43 pm

Lance wrote:
Golovkins team already admitted to tuning down a Sturm fight last year, because they had something else lined up....Macklin i think it was.

Who nearly everyone scored as the winner when he fought Sturm and many said he'd be a good test and take GGG into the late rounds.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Wed 05 Feb 2014, 9:43 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
John Bloody Wayne wrote:

I love it..

He's also beaten castillo, Hatton, JM, Oscar, Mosley, Guerrero, Canelo and lots more..

Lest we forget......and been champ for 16 years.....But let's leave it at that..

What does that have to do with his next opponent?

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 05 Feb 2014, 9:45 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
hazharrison wrote:Chavez is no world beater and he almost had Martinez out of there. Macklin and Barker gave Martinez a fight. Golovkin destroyed Macklin. God only knows what he'd have done to Barker.

Its not a wind up

I compared the fight not the fighters. With Martinez style what more do you think GGG could do except stalk Martinez???

I am not getting excited about GGG yet because he has had it so easy up to now. Macklin did nothing but stay on the ropes and wait to get hit. I grew up watching boxing through the 80's if GGG were around then he would have been exposed long ago and would just be another bum who could bang a bit.

GGG would apply educated pressure and break Sergio down over the fight's second half -- the guy's breaking down physically.

Golovkin put Macklin on the ropes, he didn't sit there for the hell of it. He moved Macklin round the ring while he barely broke a sweat -- it was highly technical stuff.

He's far more than a banger and the 80's comment is a load of nonsense FLUFFMAN.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 05 Feb 2014, 9:46 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I think Macklin was all wrong for him .......Have a feeling he's past it too.......His new Coach and Martinez battered him.....

GGG looks promising Mate...........Hope he is the real deal but we have yet to see him with someone really tricky....

Hopefully Martinez answers the call after Miguel...........Be nice to have unification too...

He won't. He's fighting Rubio.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 05 Feb 2014, 9:46 pm

Maybe he deserves an easy-ish defence...........and Khan being a two time champ with Judah, Maidana and Paulie on his record is better than Lee...in the deserving stakes..

Me old Mate..

Tell me a great fighter who hasn't fought stiffs not that Khan is one.........How many Europeans did Ray Robbo fight..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Wed 05 Feb 2014, 9:49 pm

Already been over the difference between choices of opponent.

Ray Robinson fought two hundred times whereas Mayweather usually fights once a year. Not that you don't already know this.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 05 Feb 2014, 9:51 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Maybe he deserves an easy-ish defence...........and Khan being a two time champ with Judah, Maidana and Paulie on his record is better than Lee...in the deserving stakes..

Me old Mate..

Tell me a great fighter who hasn't fought stiffs not that Khan is one.........How many Europeans did Ray Robbo fight..

Difference is, Robinson would have fought Pacquiao -- umpteen times, along with everyone else Mayweather tippy toed around. That's a real all-time great right there.

And Khan's never been a champion; never been the boss at the weights he fought in.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 05 Feb 2014, 9:53 pm

We'll agree to disagree.........No problem.........

Khan for me is world class........He's proven it....Sure he got caught when outboxing Garcia....But does Lennox Lewis become less than world class when McCall hits him with a shot..

Mayweather does what is best for him.......and If people pay he is doing something right.

Like I said it's fairplay..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 05 Feb 2014, 9:56 pm

Khan is a world class light welterweight. He holds no ranking at welterweight as he's never fought there (and hasn't proven himself the best man at either of the two weights he's campaigned at -- both of which he was knocked cold in).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 05 Feb 2014, 9:56 pm

GGG is just another Julian Jackson

thats a great fight btw.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Wed 05 Feb 2014, 9:57 pm

Reckon GGG's a bit more defensively solid than Jackson and probably has a better chin, but Jackson's fast enough to beat him to the punch.

I back Chuck Norris covered in leeches.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 05 Feb 2014, 9:58 pm

Mccallum - Kalambay

Taylor- Norris

Leonard - Hagler

spinks - Holmes

Gomez - Sanchez...........Haz there are hundreds of examples of fighters moving up to face a higher champion...in a division they've never fought in before..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 05 Feb 2014, 10:13 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Mccallum - Kalambay

Taylor- Norris

Leonard - Hagler

spinks - Holmes

Gomez - Sanchez...........Haz there are hundreds of examples of fighters moving up to face a higher champion...in a division they've never fought in before..

Look at what you're writing.

McCallum, a great fighter, had wiped out McCrory and Curry at light middleweight.

Taylor fought Norris at a catch weight -- both weighed just outside welterweight so don't see the relevance?

Leonard was a legendary fighter who was champion at 147 and titlist at 154 and had beaten Hearns and Duran -- both of who had given Hagler fits. He proved he could compete at middleweight AGAINST HAGLER.

Gomez was super bantamweight king forever (linear champ for four years) before facing Sanchez.

Spinks, a great fighter, had cleaned up at light heavy.

Khan is not a great fighter. He's never been a champion and he's coming off a poor run. All he has is Twitter followers (which he probably bought).

If Garcia had landed the fight then fair play. He's at least championed 140 and has earned it.

But then you know all this.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 05 Feb 2014, 10:17 pm

Pineda - Breland...........
Mayweather - Arredondo........
Mugabi - Hagler.........
Hilton - Dewitt...........etc etc.........

With all due respect Khan is a two time champion........With Maidana, Paulie, Judah on his record.....

If the above got shots why not him.............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed 05 Feb 2014, 10:19 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:
Lance wrote:

Who nearly everyone scored as the winner when he fought Sturm and many said he'd be a good test and take GGG into the late rounds.

well it wasnt a good test was it, and hes still due one

why not try to fight sturm this time??

easy saying you are being avoided. especially when you already have your next fight lined up. None of the top guys get a look in with golovkin because he has his path carefully planned out, and it involves as little risks as possible.

as long as his fans continue to swallow this avoided garbage, no need for him to ever risk losing his belt and his nice easy paydays

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 05 Feb 2014, 10:22 pm

Don't hold back Lance.....

GGG isn't American which helps on here.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 05 Feb 2014, 10:40 pm

Lance wrote:
John Bloody Wayne wrote:
Lance wrote:

well it wasnt a good test was it, and hes still due one

why not try to fight sturm this time??

easy saying you are being avoided. especially when you already have your next fight lined up. None of the top guys get a look in with golovkin because he has his path carefully planned out, and it involves as little risks as possible.

as long as his fans continue to swallow this avoided garbage, no need for him to ever risk losing his belt and his nice easy paydays

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/oner-explains-details-sturm-paying-avoid-golovkin--61851#ixzz2sURwiUF1
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

A few weeks ago, an interesting story was making the rounds in Germany. Promoter Ahmet Oner of Arena Box, who briefly worked with former middleweight champion Felix Sturm, explained how Sturm used money and politics to avoid a mandatory defense against Gennady Golovkin.

Golovkin had been Sturm's mandatory challenger for years, but he was unable to secure his shot. When Golovkin was finally on the verge of landing that shot, Sturm was mysteriously elevated to the status of "super champion" by the WBA. The status of "super champion" is usually reserved for boxers who unify at least two major titles. Golovkin was eventually made the "regular" champion by the sanctioning body.

When he left Universum, Sturm first approached Oner and was looking for help to find a loophole to prevent a match with Golovkin. Oner put Sturm in touch with a third party. The third party told Sturm that he could pay the WBA a sum of money to make him the "super champion" and prevent the mandatory fight with Golovkin.

The third party went to the WBA with a written request to make Sturm the "super champion." For whatever reason, the WBA granted that request - but there was never an exchange of funds. The unknown third party, pulling off a swerve of his own, pocketed Sturm's money and never offered it to the WBA. He secured Sturm's new championship status with a simple written request.

"I never spoke to the WBA. Felix Sturm, he was with Universum, and when he wanted to leave Universum to be his own promoter - they approached me and they asked me how I could help them not fight Golovkin. So what happened is, I found a guy and spoke to him. And he offered Sturm a deal and said [to Sturm] "we can ask [the WBA] for super champion [status] and then you don't need to fight him.' And that's what happened," Oner told BoxingScene.com.

"The situation is, Felix Sturm ran away from Golovkin in Germany and used the WBA's situation as super champion - and many people said he didn't deserve to be super champion because he never won two belts like Klitschko or whoever. There was never contact between Sturm and the WBA. The WBA was never involved. It's like if you going to the WBA and asking 'can you make this guy super champion, he is a big star and has a TV deal.' The third party never paid the WBA a penny. The third party kept the money all in his pocket."

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 05 Feb 2014, 10:42 pm

Not avoided, though.....

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Wed 05 Feb 2014, 10:50 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Pineda - Breland...........
Mugabi - Hagler.........

With all due respect Khan is a two time champion........With Maidana, Paulie, Judah on his record.....

Pretty sure Mugabi got a shot by being number one ranked at the weight with all 3 sanctioning bodies, one of the better ways to earn a shot at the guy who holds all 3 titles if you ask me, but this does Pre date Twitter so he didn't have the option of just running his mouth on there.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 05 Feb 2014, 10:58 pm

bellchees wrote:
Mugabi - Hagler.........

Pretty sure Mugabi got a shot by being number one ranked at the weight with all 3 sanctioning bodies, one of the better ways to earn a shot at the guy who holds all 3 titles if you ask me, but this does Pre date Twitter so he didn't have the option of just running his mouth on there.

thumbsup 

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 05 Feb 2014, 11:02 pm

No top fighter wants a pay day against GGG????.........I find that concept farscial and frankly completely ridiculous. If Golovkin flashes the cash he'll have no problem getting an opponent.

There' s not much difference in height between GGG and Ward. That fight could be made in a heart beat if GGG's management had real ambition.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed 05 Feb 2014, 11:09 pm

well if Oner says it, it must be true...haha

are you even aware of who he is? and his role? ok google it now...find something that suits your agenda

its easy to find what you want when you look for it. actually makes me suspicious how many stories there are of golovkin being avoided, seems like somebody has gone to a lot of effort to prove hes avoided, yet they line up Lee without even giving his foes a chance...

9 times out of 10, the more you hear something the less likely it is to be true. This whole golovkin being avoided line stinks.

Ive said before, quilin, martinez, sturm etc are confident succesful men, who have made their fortunes and fame from fighting. but they are all so scared of golovkin??? why??? cos hes spanked some second tier fighters.

the same guys on here believing this nonesense is the same brigade who sucked up to matthysse and thought garcia was scared of him.

golovkin works for a promoter. if his promoter can earn the team satisfactory money fighting in monte carlo against a guy they know they can beat, then they will do it. and if they can sell another fight against andy lee, they will do it. if they can sell another easy fight next they will. when the time comes for him to take a risk he will. but why rock the boat when things are going so smoothly.

its like a game of snooker, might aswell take out the easy balls first, get some points in the bank, then when you run out of easy options, take on the harder shots. everyones doing it.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed 05 Feb 2014, 11:23 pm

geales team told golovkins team they would fight him any other weekend than the one on offer. instead of negotiating a different date, they went and booked the fight with andy lee.

hardly pulling out all the stops for a tougher fight are they..

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 06 Feb 2014, 10:01 am

HBO don't negotiate dates -- that's the date Golovkin was given.

If the entire middleweight division signed affidavits admitting they were terrified of him, you'd still say it was all a conspiracy.

It just goes to show, you can spin any argument. The most avoided fighter in boxing as cherry picker. Brilliant.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 06 Feb 2014, 10:03 am

hazharrison wrote:
bellchees wrote:
Mugabi - Hagler.........

thumbsup 

That's rebuttal ???..............

Mugabi fought for the WBC superwelterweight title in his next fight...Hagler said after the fight "he could probably beat all the 154 pounders out there".....Why did he say that ??...It's on youtube interviewed by Bernstein..

His best win was James hard rock Green a 154 pounder..........

Noticed you left the other examples alone..

Haz just because someone questions 1/5 of the examples......Doesn't mean anything Mate.......Apart from he probably knows more than you !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next