The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congratulations to Ireland well played

+20
BlueNote
lostinwales
Scrumpy
yappysnap
asoreleftshoulder
Jhamer25
Rugby Fan
jimmyinthewell68
fa0019
rumpelstiltskindoh
Cyril
ChequeredJersey
2bFair
No 7&1/2
GunsGerms
TJ
quinsforever
kingjohn7
SecretFly
Bodie Wales
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Congratulations to Ireland well played Empty Congratulations to Ireland well played

Post by Bodie Wales Sun 09 Feb 2014, 10:29 am

As a Welshman I found the Ireland v Wales game hard to watch, but that’s taking nothing away from the Irish dominance. Wales simply had no answer to the speed of Ireland, I’ve said for years quick ball from wrucks will open gaps in the other teams defense.

Wayne Barns (Reff) had is usual poor game but in fairness he was bad for both teams, he did tend to lean just a bit towards Ireland but no sourer grapes here Wales were totally out played.

Are reffs now the super stars of the game, remember the days where the reff ran around in a dear stalker and tweed suit the days were the reff are unseen men who are just there to break up the fights are long gone……Discuss

EDIT: reviewing the game and the try Wales scored seems not to be a double movment when in slow motion Wayn Barns (reff) seems to me to be the only person to see a double movment (or suspect there was so he called it) Doh Doh 

Last edited by Bodie Wales on Sun 09 Feb 2014, 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : some thing to add)

Bodie Wales

Back to top Go down

Congratulations to Ireland well played Empty Re: Congratulations to Ireland well played

Post by SecretFly Sun 09 Feb 2014, 11:10 am

Refs are 'super-stars' now because they've become a media sub-section of a professional sport.  Professional sport is there to generate money through games, sponsorship and media coverage.  
High def cameras are picking up every angle and every contentious issue and waiting for social media fans and professional media alike to rake over and over decisions on replays.

Refs are just part of the modern game - they'll never disappear back into the background - not now, with so many eyes on them watching their every move.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Congratulations to Ireland well played Empty Re: Congratulations to Ireland well played

Post by Bodie Wales Sun 09 Feb 2014, 11:17 am

I can't argue with what you said but it is a sad state of affairs detracts a lot from the game when a reff is whistle happy.

Bodie Wales

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Feb 2014, 2:34 pm

Bodie, I too am a Welshman but I didn't see anything wrong with Wayne Barnes' refereeing. He's known for being strict at the breakdown, so we need to not break the rules there even more with him as ref. That we didn't, when we know he's strict, stays we're too stupid to come up with something else.

The 'try' looked like a double movement to me. He didn't get to the line by reaching out and placing. He did it by using his legs to move forward, so that's where the double movement came in as he was already tackled. That's how I saw it any way.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Sun 09 Feb 2014, 5:30 pm

I actually thought it was fine re double movement but it was an Ireland pen anyway cos he ran into his own player just before.
I didnt see anything wrong with the ref yesterday, which is a shame because we really needed a biased ref to give us any chance.

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sun 09 Feb 2014, 7:49 pm

there was a good angle i saw in the highlights, of the double movement. it was actual more like a double movement with a crawl in the middle. from the left side of the pitch you could see him crawling arm over arm and then stretching out to place the ball.

well spotted by barnes on the right side as he was. maybe he got a comment from the touch judge to whom it was clearer. who knows.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon 10 Feb 2014, 7:51 am

The double movement was marginal but it was there. Another ref another day it might have been allowed but to me it was fair enough as he didn't just stretch to place the ball - he used his legs to move his whole body forward.

Yes the ref was very strict at the breakdown. This was obviously going to be his take on it right from the start. Wales simply failed to adapt to it.

I thought it a good reffing performance - missed nothing much, let the game flow, used the TMO well and contributed to a good game.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Feb 2014, 10:59 am

kingjohn7 wrote:I actually thought it was fine re double movement but it was an Ireland pen anyway cos he ran into his own player just before.
I didnt see anything wrong with the ref yesterday, which is a shame because we really needed a biased ref to give us any chance.

Would that be accidental offside, or was it obstruction?

Haven't seen the game fortunately (as I was away), so genuinely don't know what happened.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodie Wales Mon 10 Feb 2014, 1:53 pm

Oddly enough BBC Wales showed high lights of the Ireland v Wales 08 triple crown game Mr Barns referring and low and behold Wayne Barns gave Ireland a penalty in the first few minuets of that game then as well.....I wonder if there is a pattern to this, I'll have to try and review some of the other games where he has been in charge. May be it is just his way of stamping his authority on a game right from the start. But one thing is for sure after the third penalty in quick consesion Wales seems to be holding back afraid of doing any thing for fear of giving yet more penalties away, which semed to give Ireland the momentum. I think when you take a longer look at the 16 penalties awarded to Ireland you'll see that a fair few of them were lets say unwarranted or possibly due to over zealous referee who has no sympathy for the game with a little hit of the every one look at me factor  Yahoo .

Edit: I should add the wek before Wales v Italy the Reff was a lot kinder to Wales. Doh 

Last edited by Bodie Wales on Mon 10 Feb 2014, 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bodie Wales

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 10 Feb 2014, 1:57 pm

Bodie Wales wrote:Oddly enough BBC Wales showed high lights of the Ireland v Wales 08 triple crown game Mr Barns referring and low and behold Wayne Barns gave Ireland a penalty in the first few minuets of that game then as well.....I wonder if there is a pattern to this, I'll have to try and review some of the other games where he has been in charge. May be it is just his way of stamping his authority on a game right from the start. But one thing is for sure after the third penalty in quick consesion Wales seems to be holding back afraid of doing any thing for fear of giving yet more penalties away, which semed to give Ireland the momentum. I think when you take a longer look at the 16 penalties awarded to Ireland you'll see that a fair few of them were lets say unwarranted or possibly due to over zealous referee who has no sympathy for the game with a little hit of the every one look at me factor  Yahoo .

In the previous two games Barnes reffed Ireland v Wales including the '09 test he gave much more penalties to Wales. he also gave Wales a penalty opportunity in both those games to win the match. If anything Ireland took the ref out of the equation in this game by being so dominant.

Prior to Saturday's game Barnes had reffed 8 Ireland matches with Ireland winning only two by very small margins. Believe me he doesnt favour Ireland at all.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon 10 Feb 2014, 1:58 pm

Don't agree Bodie. Barnes clearly laid out his stall early on it that he wanted no time to fight for the ball on the ground - and wales simply did not take account of this hence the penalties. It was Wales naivity not the reffing at fault

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodie Wales Mon 10 Feb 2014, 2:15 pm

TJ wrote:Don't agree Bodie.  Barnes clearly laid out his stall early on it that he wanted no time to fight for the ball on the ground - and wales simply did not take account of this hence the penalties.  It was Wales naivity not the reffing at fault

Well we must agree to disagree as I saw some thing compleatly different to you. My point here is not all about Mr Barns only it is more to do with rugby reffs in general. But I can see how you could mistake my intentions as a me having a go at Wanye Barns alone.

Another glowing example last years Wales v England match Wales number 7 penalised for supposed dragging, have you ever seen such a thing penalised before or since, I regularly watch all levels of rugby matches and I have never seen that law enforced before or after.

It seems to me that there are now to many rules to slow down or stop what is supposed to be a fast open game. The powers that be attempt to make the game faster and more fluid yet they keep inventing laws that actually make the game horribly disjoined and very slow. All of this just gives the reff to many reasons to blow his whistle be it right or wrong in making the statment that X-Factor reffs are ruining the game is not such a hard pill to swallow.

Bodie Wales

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon 10 Feb 2014, 2:21 pm

If the players play to the ref and the laws then it will be a faster game with teams getting fast ball at the breakdown. Ireland did this Wales did not. Its not the laws that are at fault nor the refs - its the players

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Mon 10 Feb 2014, 2:22 pm

is this the "lets complain about the refereeing rather than face reality" thread?

might as well change the OP

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodie Wales Mon 10 Feb 2014, 2:25 pm

[/quote] In the previous two games Barnes reffed Ireland v Wales including the '09 test he gave much more penalties to Wales. he also gave Wales a penalty opportunity in both those games to win the match. If anything Ireland took the ref out of the equation in this game by being so dominant.

Prior to Saturday's game Barnes had reffed 8 Ireland matches with Ireland winning only two by very small margins. Believe me he doesnt favour Ireland at all.[/quote]

A little bit off topic here but seeing as you are quoting things. Did you know that Wayne Barns has been the Referee for all of the last 10 Australian internationals and Australia have yet to lose a game with him in charge and as a by note 3 of these games have been against Wales.....

Bodie Wales

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodie Wales Mon 10 Feb 2014, 2:30 pm

quinsforever wrote:is this the "lets complain about the refereeing rather than face reality" thread?

might as well change the OP

Way to go on the hijack the tread. The point here is X-Factor reffs using the last Ireland v Wales game as an example. Awarding 24 penalties in one game is by any standard a lot BTW that was 16 against Wales and 8 against Ireland. I sugest you watch the game again and take the blinkers off.

Bodie Wales

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 10 Feb 2014, 2:31 pm

Ref seemed pretty fair to be honest. wales just didn't turn up; or probably more fairly Ireland didn't let them.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 10 Feb 2014, 2:33 pm

Guns wrote:In the previous two games Barnes reffed Ireland v Wales including the '09 test he gave much more penalties to Wales. he also gave Wales a penalty opportunity in both those games to win the match. If anything Ireland took the ref out of the equation in this game by being so dominant.

Prior to Saturday's game Barnes had reffed 8 Ireland matches with Ireland winning only two by very small margins. Believe me he doesnt favour Ireland at all.

Bodie wrote:
A little bit off topic here but seeing as you are quoting things. Did you know that Wayne Barns has been the Referee for all of the last 10 Australian internationals and Australia have yet to lose a game with him in charge and as a by note 3 of these games have been against Wales.....

That is off topic but also irrelevant because Wales have lost to Australia so many times it can hardly be down to Barnes. Dont mean to rub it in but it is true.

"Did you know that Wayne Barns has been the Referee for all of the last 10 Australian internationals" - I dont understand this remark. Barnes has reffed every one of Australia's last 10 games?

Last edited by GunsGerms on Mon 10 Feb 2014, 2:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodie Wales Mon 10 Feb 2014, 2:34 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Ref seemed pretty fair to be honest. wales just didn't turn up; or probably more fairly Ireland didn't let them.

Ok I'll say it again it's not about the game as i have said the better team won on the day the POINT here is X_Factor referees. Again review the game take the blinkers off.

Bodie Wales

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 10 Feb 2014, 2:36 pm

What blinkers? I'm just saying I thought Barnes was fine.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodie Wales Mon 10 Feb 2014, 2:40 pm

[quote="GunsGerms"]
Guns wrote:"Did you know that Wayne Barns has been the Referee for all of the last 10 Australian internationals" - I dont understand this remark. Barnes has reffed every one of Australia's last 10 games?

You can google it if you like, that statistic came from an Australian new paper pri the last Wales v Australia match it was quoted as 9 game just add the last one to make it 10 see I'll even do the math for you.

Bodie Wales

Back to top Go down

Post by 2bFair Mon 10 Feb 2014, 2:54 pm

No to change the subject - but think Jonathon Davies has a point about picking on form.

I was at Ravenhill on Friday past, and although Ulster won the match - the Ospreys played all the rugby, in horrendous conditions.

Players that stood out (please excuse - I don't know the squad very well) - Joe Bearman, Sam Lewis, and Mathew Morgan looked pretty handy.

Remembering that Ulster are significantly less effected by international call ups - we had a very strong 15 - including an international front row, which took a bit of a battering.

Perhaps some of the less familiar faces will get a run, while the established guys get back to full fitness?

2bFair

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodie Wales Mon 10 Feb 2014, 2:58 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:What blinkers? I'm just saying I thought Barnes was fine.

LOL Your seemingly refusal to take on board my point dose not make your comments more creatable dude even if you say it a third time. I am simply saying yet again that the X-Factor reffs are running the game. 24 penalties in one game just shows me the reffs have no sympathy for the game.

This attitude of rules are rules sonny and none shall be broken on my watch, for pitty sake if we stand by that mentality the ball will only be in play for a quarter of the game. here is a statistic for you did you know the ball was in general play for only 43 minuets during the Ireland v Wales game that is half the game wasted by the ref blowing up for some fairly needless things. In reality there are now more reasons to stop a game flowing then there are reasons to keep it flowing.

Yes the player was not rolling away so what is stopping the scrum half from digging the ball out like they used to.

Never mind I'll stop now clearly you are missing the point. I find it all rather sad that you have accepted that the game which is supposed to lasts 80 minuets has been reduced to half that by some very stupid and in many cases pointless rules. Which BTW are being inforced by some X-Factor reffs.

Bodie Wales

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 10 Feb 2014, 3:01 pm

Bodie wrote:

But Australia haven't won their last 10 internationals have they? So clearly this combo of "facts" is untrue...
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 10 Feb 2014, 3:04 pm

Bodie Wales wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:
Guns wrote:"Did you know that Wayne Barns has been the Referee for all of the last 10 Australian internationals" - I dont understand this remark. Barnes has reffed every one of Australia's last 10 games?

You can google it if you like, that statistic came from an Australian new paper pri the last Wales v Australia match it was quoted as 9 game just add the last one to make it 10 see I'll even do the math for you.

but he didnt ref the last Ireland v Australia game? Are you saying the last 10 Australia v Wales games or last 10 Australia games in general?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Mon 10 Feb 2014, 3:04 pm

If the phrase "X-Factor Refs" gets used much more I think Simon Cowell's legal team will be on the phone.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon 10 Feb 2014, 3:06 pm

Bodie - we understand you point but simply do not agree. Barnes only gave the penalties because the welsh infringed. You watch the game again and see.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodie Wales Mon 10 Feb 2014, 3:06 pm

2bFair wrote:No to change the subject - but think Jonathon Davies has a point about picking on form.

I was at Ravenhill on Friday past, and although Ulster won the match - the Ospreys played all the rugby, in horrendous conditions.

Players that stood out (please excuse - I don't know the squad very well) - Joe Bearman, Sam Lewis, and Mathew Morgan looked pretty handy.

Remembering that Ulster are significantly less effected by international call ups - we had a very strong 15 - including an international front row, which took a bit of a battering.

Perhaps some of the less familiar faces will get a run, while the established guys get back to full fitness?

I am an Ospreys supporter and I love watching Mathew Morgan play he lights the crowd up every time he gets the ball, O's were unlucky. Crying or Very sad

Bodie Wales

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodie Wales Mon 10 Feb 2014, 3:10 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
Bodie Wales wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:

but he didnt ref the last Ireland v Australia game? Are you saying the last 10 Australia v Wales games or last 10 Australia games in general?

LOL wth seriously I mean really wth  Doh Doh Doh  no dude the last 10 Austraila game v ?? or ??? v Australia with three of those games being against Wales it seemed simple enough didant it lol sorry I realised I need to make it clear with the tenth game being Wales v Australia.

Last edited by Bodie Wales on Mon 10 Feb 2014, 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bodie Wales

Back to top Go down

Post by rumpelstiltskindoh Mon 10 Feb 2014, 3:10 pm

Thanks 2bFair. Complaining about Barnes is a side issue.

What was really worrying was that we didnt make lots of blinding errors  - we were just not very good at anything.

Yesterday I was so depressed I thought about posting a stronger XV based on playing my Nan at tighthead, next door's toddler at loosehead, and me at hooker - with or without my wheelchair.

Right now, I havent any constructive ideas. But we should start by forgetting about the ref.

rumpelstiltskindoh

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Mon 10 Feb 2014, 3:14 pm

Refs always always go with momentum.  Wales were very poor with discipline... you could see infringements a mile off and it had nothing to do with the ref. It was desperation on the welsh players as they were being smashed into the ground.

Hibbard was the only guy to stand up to them man for man.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodie Wales Mon 10 Feb 2014, 3:23 pm

rumpelstiltskindoh wrote:Thanks 2bFair. Complaining about Barnes is a side issue.

What was really worrying was that we didnt make lots of blinding errors  - we were just not very good at anything.

Yesterday I was so depressed I thought about posting a stronger XV based on playing my Nan at tighthead, next door's toddler at loosehead, and me at hooker - with or without my wheelchair.

Right now, I havent any constructive ideas. But we should start by forgetting about the ref.

LOL nice one,
Well when the reff is doing your team no harm you will turn a blind eye towards him but when he starts handing out penalties against you every 20 seconds your not so happy with him in fairness you can't really blame the refs they are only invoking the rules but some times I see a promising fast encounter is slowed down by an X-Factor reff handing out needless and point less penalties for seemingly innocuous things which ultimately stops a game from flowing. Using Mr Barns as an example was my big mistake, may be I should of use the Irish Reff who was in charge of the Wales v Italy game as a good example of an X-Factor Reff. Wales won that one btw.

Bodie Wales

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Mon 10 Feb 2014, 3:41 pm

Ireland was the better team end off . they studied our one and  only game plan and stopped it  by means of Philips slow ball and  Ireland defending marginally offside . Wales too slow at breakdown . penalty penalty penalty .

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodie Wales Mon 10 Feb 2014, 3:44 pm

fa0019 wrote:Refs always always go with momentum.  Wales were very poor with discipline... you could see infringements a mile off and it had nothing to do with the ref. It was desperation on the welsh players as they were being smashed into the ground.

Hibbard was the only guy to stand up to them man for man.

I like ken owens an all round much better player.

Here is some thing to chew on.

Ball in play 43 mins divied that by 24 penalties which gives us ball in play between penalties of just under 2 minet periods between each penalty on average.

What is ultimately more disturbing is 24 penalties awarded with in a 43 minuet period.  Doh

Bodie Wales

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 10 Feb 2014, 4:01 pm

Bodie Wales wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:What blinkers? I'm just saying I thought Barnes was fine.

LOL Your seemingly refusal to take on board my point dose not make your comments more creatable dude even if you say it a third time. I am simply saying yet again that the X-Factor reffs are running the game. 24 penalties in one game just shows me the reffs have no sympathy for the game.

This attitude of rules are rules sonny and none shall be broken on my watch, for pitty sake if we stand by that mentality the ball will only be in play for a quarter of the game. here is a statistic for you did you know the ball was in general play for only 43 minuets during the Ireland v Wales game that is half the game wasted by the ref blowing up for some fairly needless things. In reality there are now more reasons to stop a game flowing then there are reasons to keep it flowing.

Yes the player was not rolling away so what is stopping the scrum half from digging the ball out like they used to.

Never mind I'll stop now clearly you are missing the point. I find it all rather sad that you have accepted that the game which is supposed to lasts 80 minuets has been reduced to half that by some very stupid and in many cases pointless rules. Which BTW are being inforced by some X-Factor reffs.

Well I would counter that if you're trying to slow the ball down and the ref picks up on it, don't do it again and you won't have as many pens. The players have a responsibilty as well as the ref.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Mon 10 Feb 2014, 4:05 pm

Risca Rev wrote:
kingjohn7 wrote:I actually thought it was fine re double movement but it was an Ireland pen anyway cos he ran into his own player just before.

Haven't seen the game fortunately (as I was away), so genuinely don't know what happened.

Looked like obstruction to me.

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodie Wales Mon 10 Feb 2014, 4:10 pm

[quote="No 7&1/2"][quote="Bodie Wales"]
No 7&1/2 wrote:Well I would counter that if you're trying to slow the ball down and the ref picks up on it, don't do it again and you won't have as many pens. The players have a responsibilty as well as the ref.

Are you saying Ireland did not deliberatly slow the ball down when wales attacked?
Or are you saying the reff missed Ireland slowing the ball down when Wales attacked?
Or are you saying Wales was unlucky that the reff picked up on every time Wales attempted slow slow the ball down

Bodie Wales

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Mon 10 Feb 2014, 4:19 pm

jimmyinthewell68 wrote:Ireland was the better team end off . they studied our one and  only game plan and stopped it  by means of Philips slow ball and  Ireland defending  marginally offside . Wales too slow at breakdown . penalty penalty penalty .

Yep, we could have had Max Boyce reffing and we would still have lost.

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Mon 10 Feb 2014, 4:24 pm

Bodie Wales wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:
Bodie Wales wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:Well I would counter that if you're trying to slow the ball down and the ref picks up on it, don't do it again and you won't have as many pens. The players have a responsibilty as well as the ref.

Are you saying Ireland did not deliberatly slow the ball down when wales attacked? Of course, every team does that
Or are you saying the reff missed Ireland slowing the ball down when Wales attacked? Most likely, no ref sees everything. Also missed Wales doing same thing
Or are you saying Wales was unlucky that the reff picked up on every time Wales attempted slow slow the ball downWell thats not true, you just noticed it more. Like someone said, refs go with momentum(quite rightly) Ireland were winning the breakdowns ref or no ref.

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 10 Feb 2014, 4:28 pm

Bodie Wales wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:
Bodie Wales wrote:

Are you saying Ireland did not deliberatly slow the ball down when wales attacked?
Or are you saying the reff missed Ireland slowing the ball down when Wales attacked?
Or are you saying Wales was unlucky that the reff picked up on every time Wales attempted slow slow the ball down

The ref wasn't biased if that's what you're trying to say.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodie Wales Mon 10 Feb 2014, 4:29 pm

kingjohn7 wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:

Looked like obstruction to me.

The rule is if a player is deemed to have deliberatly obstructed a defending or attacking player from getting to the ball or ball carrier a penalty may be awarded. In the case of the not allowed Wales try the tackling/defending players got to the ball carrier so it was neemed by the reff i am guessing not to be a worthy obstruction. If it was he would of called it as such. I have looked at it a few times and 9 times out of 10 that try would of been given.

Going on the obstruction rule every ruck, line out drive, and scrum would be acidental off side it is one of those very grey areas like a charge down not being a knock on type of rule.

Bodie Wales

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodie Wales Mon 10 Feb 2014, 4:32 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:
Bodie Wales wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:
Bodie Wales wrote:

The ref wasn't biased if that's what you're trying to say.

aparently that is what you just said, no implication of bias there every team slows the ball down/cheats when defending their line name me one team who don't? some are better at it than others is the answer to your question.

Bodie Wales

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Mon 10 Feb 2014, 4:39 pm

I dont agree, sure sometimes it would but im 100% biased so thought maybe not double movement(most others think double movement so prob was). I did think the player infront got in the way of a defender so shouldnt be a try anyway.
I dont see how we can even be talking about the ref after an absolute spanking, we got well and truly hammered and it had nothing to do with Barnes.
I dont think we should ever be blaming refs but if you just really need to you should at least wait for a close game lost to late dodgy pen.

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodie Wales Mon 10 Feb 2014, 4:54 pm

kingjohn7 wrote:I dont agree, sure sometimes it would but im 100% biased so thought maybe not double movement(most others think double movement so prob was). I did think the player infront got in the way of a defender so shouldnt be a try anyway.
I dont see how we can even be talking about the ref after an absolute spanking, we got well and truly hammered and it had nothing to do with Barnes.
I dont think we should ever be blaming refs but if you just really need to you should at least wait for a close game lost to late dodgy pen.

I am getting a tab bit frustrated on how you all seem to be focusing on the wrong thing here please read the head line to see that no one is saying ireland was not the better team they were by a long way but as i pointed out in a game where the ball was only in play for 43 mins out of 80 thats 37 mins of the game wasted with 28 penalties awarded that has to detract from the game over all needless rules being implimented by X-Factor reffs I just used the Ireland v Wales game and Wanye Barns as an example.

Tangants yes the thread has been deflected by the odd thing but the point no one has yet answerd or disagreed with is Stupid needless rules being implimented by X-Factor Refs Discuss

Bodie Wales

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon 10 Feb 2014, 4:59 pm

No - its stupid infringments by daft players at fault - this is the bit you don't want to understand. Its not the ref infringing its the players and without rules to stop the slowing down of the ball strictly enforced all you would see is guys fighting for the ball on the floor all game. enforcing the breakdown rules either leads to a fast game or to a string of pens - the players who decide this

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 10 Feb 2014, 5:00 pm

Bodie Wales wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:
Bodie Wales wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:

LOL wth seriously I mean really wth  Doh Doh Doh  no dude the last 10 Austraila game v ?? or ??? v Australia with three of those games being against Wales it seemed simple enough didant it lol sorry I realised I need to  make it clear with the tenth game being Wales v Australia.

But he didn't... And Australia haven't won their last 10 Internationals either...
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Mon 10 Feb 2014, 5:06 pm

To be fair, Bodie, the reason this thread is full of comments about the ref is because you don't seem to want to entertain any suggestion that Barnes was actually even-handed.

When you reply to those comments by re-iterating your doubts about him, then you shouldn't be surprised when the conversation becomes all about that claim rather than your general point about high profile officials.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon 10 Feb 2014, 5:07 pm

And Barnes does not showboat at all. So wrong ref, wrong premise.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Mon 10 Feb 2014, 5:13 pm

I though Barnes was pretty fair, he has one call i disagreed with when we should have had a turn over but penalised Gethin for having his hands in the ruck but apart from that he done a pretty good job. The worst call he made was when he gave us a line out when it was clearly Leigh Halfpenny who touches it as it wen into touch.

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 10 Feb 2014, 5:41 pm

Jhamer25 wrote:I though Barnes was pretty fair, he has one call i disagreed with when we should have had a turn over but penalised Gethin for having his hands in the ruck but apart from that he done a pretty good job. The worst call he made was when he gave us a line out when it was clearly Leigh Halfpenny who touches it as it wen into touch.

That got a nice lengthy boo from the crowd. Very odd call.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next