The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Olly is a Welsh man

5 posters

Go down

Olly is a Welsh man Empty Olly is a Welsh man

Post by gregortree Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 11:13

Very glowing about the professional set up at Scarlets.

"I am loving being back here and being part of a professional set-up, with a good medical team and a more professional way of doing things, compared to what occasionally is the case in France," said Barkley. "[i] with the facilities, the team and the coaches, who I heard very good things about from people I spoke to, and I have always enjoyed watching the Scarlets play when they throw the ball around.
"It is just another challenge, another opportunity and I know what the Premiership is about and I hadn't played in the Pro12 before and I felt it was something I would like to take on."
Barkley says he has "nothing organised or set in stone" after his stint with the Scarlets comes to an end in May. But what it is like as an Englishman in Wales as both nations gear up for the Six Nations clash at Twickenham on 8 March.
"I think the boys have picked up on the fact I am half-Welsh, so that has been at a minimum," said Barkley.
"My mum was born in Newport, so I have a lot of cousins in Newport, who I had a bit of banter with when I signed here."

Plus Glaws will be needing a FH this season ?

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Olly is a Welsh man Empty Re: Olly is a Welsh man

Post by Submachine Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 12:36

Didn't even know he was there. Always thought he was a top player.

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 28 Feb 2014 - 18:43

Think he's just glad to be out of France where he struggled to adapt. I always thought he was a better 12 than 10, not enough swagger for a top level fly half but he has a good kicking game and in the right attack can be handy. Don't count on him to make too many tackles. Can't see him joining Glaws, rumours are hinting at Bristol.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Mon 3 Mar 2014 - 18:50

He would be a very good senior option for Glaws and would probably take a reduced fee to play top level rugby still. I think if I recall correctly his kicking while in France was excellent and he showed signs of controlling games well. Which may be handy for Glaws. Even at 12 he could take the pressure off Burns jnr.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Tue 18 Mar 2014 - 17:39

Are you thinking it would work like Charlie and Farrell at Sarries. It would definitely take some pressure off of Burns and give him time to develop further.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down