The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ok I'll hold my hands up (Raw Spolier)

+12
Crimey
Fernando
Hero
Mr H
Samo
crippledtart
hodge
Kay Fabe
Dolphin Ziggler
JamesLincs
Marky
Dr Gregory House MD
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ok I'll hold my hands up (Raw Spolier) Empty Ok I'll hold my hands up (Raw Spolier)

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 11 Mar 2014, 2:51 am

So it looks like we're going to get what we wanted, and what we never dared dream would happen, Daniel Bryan is going to do the double at Wrestlemania 30.

I've got to hold my hands up and offer an apology to the WWE, weather it was by luck or judgement, and personally I'm more inclined to believe it's probably more luck and a reaction to their fear of the fans crapping all over their marquee event than a long term plan, but WWE have defied expectations and seem to be giving us a reward at the end of Bryan's chase and if anything, through adversity, he's even more over than before.

The segment tonight was incredible, everyone played their roles very well, I'm aware the fans were almost certainly plants but it was visually spectacular and nothing ever felt contrived (by standards of wrestling logic at least), I marked out so hard when the title match offer was announced, I had to go have a fag and a cup of tea to calm down.

Well done WWE you seem to have pulled it off, and it looks like Mania 30 could really belong to the American Dragon, YES! YES! YES!

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Ok I'll hold my hands up (Raw Spolier) Empty Re: Ok I'll hold my hands up (Raw Spolier)

Post by Marky Tue 11 Mar 2014, 7:09 am

No.

HHH to beat Bryan in 18 seconds.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Ok I'll hold my hands up (Raw Spolier) Empty Re: Ok I'll hold my hands up (Raw Spolier)

Post by JamesLincs Tue 11 Mar 2014, 11:31 am

i think theyll have bryan beat triple h and then he will go on to lose in the main event when everyone is expecting him to win. probably with batista winning

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 11 Mar 2014, 12:41 pm

I felt the announcement was a bit crap

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 11 Mar 2014, 12:51 pm

Absolutely loved that segment, still can't believe people are saying the WWE aren't pulling the trigger on Daniel Bryan, he is the single biggest selling point of WrestleMania XXX in my opinion.

I still don't think he'll win the World Title, he'll beat Triple H, I hope he makes him tap but I suspect he'd go on to lose to Batista, I again suspect there might be a HHH inspired screwy finish but I fully expect Batista to be the new face of the WWE after Mania with Bryan finally going over him at SummerSlam.

I quite liked the annoucement, shades of WrestleMania IV with the trophy, gives everyone a chance to get on the card and hopefully someone can get a good push out of winning it, I think Sheamus or Rusev are the early favourites to take this one.

what an unbelievable segment for Daniel Bryan though, did anyone else think the burd looked like Lita?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 11 Mar 2014, 1:01 pm

I see it going 1 of 2 ways

Triple H Vs Bryan - Bryan wins, moves onto main event and Batista pins Orton, Orton rematch first then Batista Vs Bryan fued after.

Or

Triple H Vs Bryan - Triple H wins in a screwy manor so that he doesn't lose to Bryan (Bryan would have Triple H beat maybe more than once but for something to happen, Kane interfering when ref down, Steph interference etc) everyone dejected etc booing Triple H, Batista and Orton come out for the main event. Just before the match is due to start Vince's music hits and he announces due to the events in Bryan's match earlier he feels Bryan would have won the match and therefore has decided that in his opinion it's best for business that Bryan is in the main event, down he comes and wins the title.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 11 Mar 2014, 1:06 pm

It's worked out brilliantly for them, but it certainly wasn't a long term plan. Still, all credit for turning the situation to their advantage.

I can't see Bryan not winning the title at Wrestlemania. It would make no sense to book him to lose.

I thought they rushed into it a bit though, they could have stretched the whole thing out over two or three weeks. That's a minor criticism and not too important.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 11 Mar 2014, 1:14 pm

I liked the segment, hated the "oh, by the way, I also want a title shot" bit. After-f***ing-thought.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 11 Mar 2014, 1:19 pm

I'm not so sure they could have stretched this out, they couldn't have HHH refuse him anymore so it had to happen, the match itself has to be built up, I think this was Bryan's only opportunity to hold all the aces, he had to strike while the iron was hot, I don't see how he could have been in a position to negotiate any further with HHH after he had already blackmailed Triple H into accepting the match.

it most certainly wasn't a long term plan, totally agree with that, maybe the Triple Threat might have been if Punk was due to face HHH but the WWE are masters of working around a mess and coming up with something that does actually make sense.

I'd hate for Vince McMahon to come out and give DB a reprieve,  Vince as a straight fair good guy sucks

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 11 Mar 2014, 1:22 pm

I couldn't think of anyone else other than Vince and he's supposed to be returning around then I think. Unless they somehow persuade Shane to come back and say he still has a large stake in the company and is able to put Bryan in. Think the crowd would go nuts if they think it will be Batista Vs Orton and Bryan gets added last minute, also makes people hate Triple H even more beating Bryan.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 11 Mar 2014, 1:31 pm

If it happened it'd need to be Vince I just dont think its remotely likely or makes sense, after WrestleMania the only guy who would look strong enough to face Bryan for the belt would be Triple H, I tjink HHH is perfect in his role now so I don't see that happening.

I think Bryan beating HHH is a lock, its the second match I'm not so sure about, I can see why people would assume Bryan must walk out as Champion but if he beats Triple H then he will at least look like a genuine World Champion in waiting and if like I suspect Batista wins the title after a HHH interference the the WWE have a new Champion with unbelievable Heat, they have a top face who the fans would likely be even more behind, and the Authority would have a new 'face of the WWE' to freshen up that particular storyline

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 11 Mar 2014, 1:39 pm

Yeah the Triple H interfering in the main event for Batista to win I could see, however I'd be very interested in Orton's storyline from there, ditched as the face of the WWE etc I'd have him go back into full psycho mode.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 11 Mar 2014, 1:46 pm

I dont think they can screw Bryan again. Not after 4-5 PPV's. They just CANT do it again. I think the need for a WrestleMania pay off greatly outweighs the use for screw job heat. At this point, ANOTHER screw job would be too much to take for most fans, myself included.

I thought the segment on RAW was brilliant. Triple H played his part superbly, and Steph showed signs on the Jezebel she was 14 years ago. Bryan pinning Orton clean in the main event was the right desicion aswell. It shows that he didnt use a dirty trick to get a shot at the main event, but that he HAD to because he DESERVES that spot.

Best RAW of the year so far, with more pro's than cons.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 11 Mar 2014, 1:59 pm

Odd, I think there have been better overall Raws than that. It shouldnt surprise me, but it really is clear that people are happier about the product if the guy they like gets his push.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 11 Mar 2014, 2:02 pm

Sad sad state of affairs that all hopes of saving Wrestlemania are pinned on a 5ft something, one trick pony gym shy indy guy.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 11 Mar 2014, 2:03 pm

Mr H wrote:Sad sad state of affairs that all hopes of saving Wrestlemania are pinned on a 5ft something, one trick pony gym shy indy guy.

You little troll you  angel 

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 11 Mar 2014, 2:14 pm

Its not just because Bryan is getting what he wants. Cena - Wyatt - Hogan was a good opener, Bray Wyatt more than held his own against two legends of the business. The Shield vs Rhodes Bros was another great match between the four, they have unbelievable chemistry. Heyman was fantastic at both respecting the streak and making it look in jeopardy at the same time. Bringing up everyone elses mini-streaks adds to the legend of Undertakers. Sheamus and Christian had a great match. Should maybe have saved it for Mania, but it was still great. Christian is alot more interesting and watchable as a heel, and Sheamus showed signs of the badass he can be. And I've already gave my thoughts on the occupy segment and the main event.

Aside from Big E vs Swagger 19 and The Uso's vs Rybaxel, it was a great show.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 11 Mar 2014, 2:39 pm

Mr H wrote:Sad sad state of affairs that all hopes of saving Wrestlemania are pinned on a 5ft something, one trick pony gym shy indy guy.

don't even try and make this about you!

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 11 Mar 2014, 2:54 pm

Christian and Sheamus was dull as hell. Not sure why WWE has got into this habit of having 3 match Raw series that get decided by a "funny" street fight based around whatever city they are in. Christian is wasting my time being on screen at the moment.

I kinda liked the Heyman thing, but it felt a bit weak.

Liked the imagery of Hogan being in the ring with Cena, but Wyatt didnt have to hold his own. Cena peed all over his own good point by telling jokes and singing.

Then the Bryan segment was very interestingly done, but they ruined it by rushing the title announcement.

It was a perfectly fine show, but I think they could have done things better in each aspect to make it a lot better with just some simple steps.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 11 Mar 2014, 2:57 pm

I also kind of think theyve done very little for Batista or Orton in the past few weeks.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 11 Mar 2014, 3:30 pm

You'd completely forget Orton was even in the title match, I thought SmackDown was good for Batista

I don't think Cena ruined anything by singing, Wyatt has been breaking into song during his promos, the way I saw it Cena just returned in kind, normally I'd crap all over that but as Bray is trying to psyche him out I thought it was well enough done.

Did they rush the Title match stipulation? In my opinion they didn't, Bryan had Hunter and Stephanie right where he wanted them, this for me was a one time opportunity, he had to strike while the iron was hot, he wasn't going to get them in a position to blackmail them again so it made sense to me that he then includes the Title Match stip in his demands

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 11 Mar 2014, 3:30 pm

I thought the whole Taker thing was absolutely gash

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 11 Mar 2014, 3:54 pm

Why leave though? Why not blackmail him into making it a "only Daniel Bryan wins" match? My point is they could have built the story next week, another feel good moment, gives them more build off Triple H straight rather than a two match build, would have added spice along the way. Its not a massive deal, seemed a bit throwaway though.

I get your point, but Cena just had to do it with crud humour. By that argument, Cena could do a backstage promo in dark light cracking jokes. I like him calling it serious, I dont much like him cutting Wyatt down and calling him a drunk hippy in a Hawaiian shirt.

Orton has been peed on again. Hes done wonderfully and they continue to assume just having the title is carrot enough.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 11 Mar 2014, 4:09 pm

Bryan doesn't want an only Daniel Bryan wins stipulation, he wants a chance to prove that he is an equal to the so called A plus players.

What do you think they could have done next week to allow Bryan into the Title match? After him taking over RAW I'd assume that in kayfabe terms that Daniel Bryan wouldn't be given that kind of opportu ity again to put HHH or Stephanie in such a vulnerable situation so what could they have done?

I love the Irony in Cena promos, he bitched at Rock for slating what he wears but does the same to Wyatt, I'm not defending Cena at all here just that for once I did see logic in him breaking I to song on Wyatt

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 11 Mar 2014, 6:08 pm

I was being facetious, but it seems to me like HHH could have come back next week and demanded that if Bryan loses then he cant get a title shot for a year, Bryan agrees on the proviso he gets placed into the main event if he wins. It doesnt do a lot, but it builds tension, it buffers the story along and adds drama on the road to it. Cant bemoan rushed stories if we are willing to let it slide sometimes.

Im not fussed, I think it was a decent enough Raw, but they didnt do it perfectly.

Theyve got there through a lot of luck too.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 11 Mar 2014, 6:46 pm

I'm not so sure its luck, I would say that as inept as they are at doing the right thing from the off with long term booking they are brilliant at improvising when their initial plans inevitably backfire.

As for the stipulation next week, it sounds decent but Triple H has already accepted the match, I'm not so sure it would feel believable if he then tries to add a stipulation the following week, I don't feel that this is rushed at all, it wasn't perfect, not many wrestling angles are but it felt organic, for the first tine since SummerSlam Bryan had the McMahons on the ropes and he milked it for everything he could, I think people could identify with that.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 11 Mar 2014, 7:21 pm

I just feel like, and its nitpicking, that you spread something like this out on the build. Otherwise you blow the best part all at once.

I think they got a little bit lucky. Hell, they improvise fantastically, but it doesnt always fall in place if you screw up the long term stuff, this time it has.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 11 Mar 2014, 7:26 pm

The one thing I've been surprised about with the stip was that I thought it would have been double edged, yes he gets a title shot if he wins but if he loses he gets no further title shots for a year.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 11 Mar 2014, 7:54 pm

If you do that you guarantee that Bryan wins. It's like how TNA keep doing that stipulation where sting & angle put their careers on the line you always knew who'd win.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 11 Mar 2014, 9:35 pm

It's not a career on the line though, just a veto on title shots for 12 months which some guys have then lost.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 11 Mar 2014, 9:41 pm

You think their going to risk Wee weeing the fans off again after the Royal Rumble. It just wouldn't be believable to anyone what so ever.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 11 Mar 2014, 10:07 pm

The streak ever going isn't believable but for a moment in the HBKs and HHH battles most people suspended their disbelief upon it.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 11 Mar 2014, 10:16 pm

But that's a "Deadman" who appears once a year. not at every show like Bryan does. They already dragged it out since Summerslam when they cost him the title so it's gone long enough and needs to finish at WM otherwise could turn into a similar thing to Aces & Eights it was excellent to a point but by the end people were glad it was over and done with.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 11 Mar 2014, 10:30 pm

The point is though, Nando, that they tease it. Hes gonna win, clearly, but its just teasing. Especially as youve got to remember the part of the crowd that isnt reading stuff on the internet.

Thus, they wouldnt annoy the fans because he'd overcome it. And he'd have overcome it with risk on the line too.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 11 Mar 2014, 10:45 pm

It's a fair point Dolph. I just don't see the need to add a stipulation like that. It something that's always irritated me in Wrestling.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 11 Mar 2014, 10:49 pm

I'd only do it to prolong the HHH/Bryan bit a little further and to give a real reason to have the World Title "if I win" bit added as it seems a bit rich that that part was just thrown in, a little too rushed as I've argued (but not argued) with 606's scottish correspondent this afternoon.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 11 Mar 2014, 11:00 pm

Personally if I was going to add a stip, I would have forced Bryan wager his hair, might sound a bit silly, but wild hair is often seen as a symbol of rebellion, I have no problem with HHH accepting the title match demands but on reflection I think he should have played up how confident he is that he would beat Bryan and force the hair stip, almost putting him back to square one when he entered NXT clean shaven with short hair.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 11 Mar 2014, 11:10 pm

Fernando wrote:But that's a "Deadman" who appears once a year. not at every show like Bryan does. They already dragged it out since Summerslam when they cost him the title so it's gone long enough and needs to finish at WM otherwise could turn into a similar thing to Aces & Eights it was excellent to a point but by the end people were glad it was over and done with.  

See you were doing alright until you said Aces and Eights was excellent to a point. No one wants to hear that (apart from Adam)

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 12 Mar 2014, 12:00 am

I am surprised that people are so sure that Bryan will win both matches. I am not even sure he will win the match against Triple H. I know it makes sense for him to, and it's the best way to book it, but I do not think for a second that Triple H will win the match to give Bryan a "bigger" win at a later PPV. If Bryan does make it to the title match, having wrestled what will presumably be a long match with Triple H, I can't see him going through Orton and Batista as well, that makes Triple H, Orton and Batista look quite poor all to make Bryan look good.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 12 Mar 2014, 12:57 am

I wouldnt expect him to win, but I wouldnt be surprised. Hes got a damn sight more chance than the champion? Who is the champion these days? Barely see him, is it The Rock again?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 12 Mar 2014, 9:19 am

I'd love it if Orton won clean to walk out as champion.

I agree with Chris about the 'luck' comment though. The biggest storyline going into Mania is only happening because Punk walked. You can't praise the WWE for long term booking when Punk was the guy originally set to face The Authority. Bryan should thank his lucky stars that Punk walked as he's the main beneficiary from the whole saga.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 12 Mar 2014, 10:03 am

Thats where they did get lucky, I think they've improvised brilliantly though, Bryan should have been going against Triple H at WrestleMania all along with Punk in the Title match, why they tried to move Punk onto HHH defies all logic, while Punk was chasing Heyman for the second half of last year HHH was screwing Bryan at every turn.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Wed 12 Mar 2014, 10:13 am

If HHH wants to, and this is entirely dependent on his ego, this could easily be match of the night. Both are great workers but HHH has to put his ego aside and actually be a heel, not this weird heel that tries to be cool.

If he plays the heel then the fans will naturally get behind bryan (for the right reasons) and if DB wins they'll go nuts. Then you're looking at a Main Event which was awful instantly changing to pretty decent because Orton/Bryan will be able to share the workload and hide the fact Batista is knackered by 5 minutes.

Plus, if Bryan wins the whole thing then you're looking at one of the biggest WM moments in the last couple of years.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 12 Mar 2014, 10:46 am

I think it depends on how they're planning to go, if the plan is for Bryan to win the Title at the end of the night then I'd like HHH/Bryan to have a very good match but not overshadow the main event, if Bryan isn't booked to win the Title then I'd like to see Bryan/HHH have an epic match

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 12 Mar 2014, 11:25 am

This is one time where I'll bow my head to Gavin and remember him continuously stating he doesn't like triple threat matches as main events at Mania. For some reason, I can't picture a triple threat being a classic, it just doesnt have the aura of a standard duel.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 12 Mar 2014, 11:33 am

He's right, in general I just don't like them at all, what you usually get for the majority of the match is three standard 1 on 1 matches with the other guy taking a rest bump on the outside.

The one interesting aspect of this Triple Threat though is that the 2 challengers look like they are World Champions in waiting for very different reasons, in past triple threats you could only see 1 Challenger as the genuine alternative

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 12 Mar 2014, 11:53 am

True. I've never been a fan, I prefer 4 man matches too as it suits for pairing, but I do suppose this is one where only a retaining champ would surprise me.

Poor old Randy.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 12 Mar 2014, 12:45 pm

I think it'd be a smart move to put Bryan v HHH on first, have Bryan go over then the crowd are hyped for the rest of the card knowing Bryan will be in the main event.

Either that or have Orton v Batista on first, then Bryan beats HHH later in the night and HHH is like 'ha ha, you can't be in the main event'.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Wed 12 Mar 2014, 1:05 pm

As much as I'm sure it will kill HHH to curtain jerk - I think that's the most logical thing to do.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 12 Mar 2014, 1:15 pm

It'll be interesting to see where in the card HHH/Bryan is, there's a real chance that this will be match of the night so if it goes on too early it could create a big lull in proceedings all the way through until Taker/Brock come out.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next