The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curtis Woodhouse Vs. Tommy Coyle Major Rumours

+7
TRUSSMAN66
milkyboy
Strongback
Snakeyman123
spencerclarke
hazharrison
AlexHuckerby
11 posters

Go down

Curtis Woodhouse Vs. Tommy Coyle Major Rumours Empty Curtis Woodhouse Vs. Tommy Coyle Major Rumours

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 20 Apr 2014, 11:20 pm

Big rumours that the announcement for this fight will be on Tuesday and will be in Leeds First Direct Arena on May 21st with Josh Warrington (From Leeds) on the bill as well.

Really good fight in my opinion, Woodhouse's first defence of his title and Coyle's first fight at 140lbs. Coyle looked a bit shaky at 135lbs and maybe that's down to making the weight, but in my view his punch resistance just isn't all that, he's an exciting come forward fighter though, and Woodhouse is generally pretty fan friendly so both guys should put on a terrific show.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Curtis Woodhouse Vs. Tommy Coyle Major Rumours Empty Re: Curtis Woodhouse Vs. Tommy Coyle Major Rumours

Post by hazharrison Mon 21 Apr 2014, 11:58 am

I'd be amazed if the fight wasn't situated in Hull (where Coyle is a draw).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Curtis Woodhouse Vs. Tommy Coyle Major Rumours Empty Re: Curtis Woodhouse Vs. Tommy Coyle Major Rumours

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 21 Apr 2014, 12:12 pm

Yeah, Hull is like 20 minutes from Leeds don't forget, plus they're trying to build Warrington up.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Mon 21 Apr 2014, 7:42 pm

Would love to see this fight get made. Would prefer it on the wembley card though.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Snakeyman123 Mon 21 Apr 2014, 9:15 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Yeah, Hull is like 20 minutes from Leeds don't forget, plus they're trying to build Warrington up.

It's about 50 miles....

Snakeyman123

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 22 Apr 2014, 12:10 am

Snakeyman123 wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:Yeah, Hull is like 20 minutes from Leeds don't forget, plus they're trying to build Warrington up.

It's about 50 miles....

....If you fly....

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 22 Apr 2014, 12:30 am

I like Woodhouse, it seems every time he fights he has to prove the doubters wrong but he's proved a lot of people wrong when he lifted the British title. He said he fights for the challenge and the glory and it's never been about money, generally I would be cynical about a sportsman coming out with this type of line but I actually believe Curtis really means it.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 22 Apr 2014, 2:33 am

Curtis could have kept being a footballer on tens of thousands per week. He jacked it in to fight in small halls for a few grand a fight, shows where his heart is.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 22 Apr 2014, 8:51 am

Would this be 'Curtis in shock comeback from retirement' scoop.

He always says he fell out of love with football, probably true, but it had fallen out if love with him. He was punted out on loan and transferred to Lower leagues when he should have been in his prime. He certainly won't have been making top dollar when he retired. That said he made a very tough career choice, and good luck to the guy for what he's done.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 22 Apr 2014, 9:10 am

This guy basically sold out an arena with a retirement shot at the brit title for his daddy...Under it seems false pretences.............Not a dry eye in the house that night!!

Soon as he wins he realises that he can earn a few bucks with the title and now he's back...

Hopefully Coyle does what every other half decent fighter has done and bangs him out....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeBenji Tue 22 Apr 2014, 9:36 am

It's definitely an interesting fight and I agree with haz, the fight sbould be in Hull. Coyle is obviously a Hull lad and Curtis has his affiliations with the City as well, particularly after his title winning performance last time out.

It's well known that there's plenty of needle between these two so for my money, had Campbell been on the card as well (which obviously he won't be), together with a couple of other decent undercard fights, then this could probably justify being held at Craven Park again or maybe the KC stadium.

On the fight - I think Coyle boxes rings round Woodhouse. Curtis carries a dig which could stop Coyle, however I think he's too slow and Coyle won't stand in front of him long enough. Coyle to win a wide UD but he might have to come through a couple of rough patches in doing so as Woodhouse will have his moments of pressure.

By the way Alex, Snakeyman is right. It's about an hour in the car from Hull to Leeds.

CallMeBenji

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 22 Apr 2014, 10:27 am

Woodhouse said this a 6 weeks ago on a forum:

Thanks fellas, I just want to keep fighting, I love my job, if I walked away now I'd have nothing to do that gives me that buzz and enjoyment, so why walk? I'm not on the slide my health is fine so why go? Just want to keep going, keep fighting and keep enjoying it, I'll be a long time retired, I'll probably win and lose some a long the way but while I still think I can give the big boys a good scrap and I still wake up looking forward to going to the gym I'll carry on, it's never been about the money, it's all about the glory, I've done what I wanted to do by winning the British title, can I squeeze a bit more out of myself and go a bit further? Maybe, maybe not, but I'm going to have a right good go, hands up chin down, let em go!

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 22 Apr 2014, 11:12 am

Throw him in with Derry Matthews again and remind him of his level.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 22 Apr 2014, 11:40 am

Derry didn't look great in his last outing. Maybe it's a good fight to make with a belt on the line.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 22 Apr 2014, 11:45 am

Was very conclusive last time however. Woodhouse never really looked like getting a foothold into the fight and then got taken out pretty spectacularly.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 23 Apr 2014, 3:29 pm

Coyle is fighting on the Leeds Arena bill, however it doesn't sound as though it will be against Woodhouse.

http://www.matchroomboxing.com/news/warrington_to_start_new_era_for.htm

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed 23 Apr 2014, 3:43 pm

Curtis was far too light going into the Matthews fight. Too light and too weak. But he is what he is and at least he knows it, in fact its probably what makes him entertaining to watch. This is his level.

All that said and done I see Coyle beating him, especially in Hull. Then we'll have to endure Coyle being called world class and the talk of world title shots etc. I'll be cheering Curtis on.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Elpondo Wed 23 Apr 2014, 10:59 pm

Coyle wins this fairly comfortably for me.

Why is the show in Leeds when Manchester is only 40 mins drive away and regularly has shows?

Matchroom are setting up bases in London/Cardiff/Glasgow/Hull/Manchester, they only have 20 Sky shows a year so why use one up in Leeds?

Elpondo

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 23 Apr 2014, 11:00 pm

Elpondo wrote:Coyle wins this fairly comfortably for me.

Why is the show in Leeds when Manchester is only 40 mins drive away and regularly has shows?

Matchroom are setting up bases in London/Cardiff/Glasgow/Hull/Manchester, they only have 20 Sky shows a year so why use one up in Leeds?

Warrington sells tickets.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 25 Apr 2014, 8:14 pm

Woodhouse's next opponent has been confirmed as Willie Limond.

Another good test for Curtis and he'll have to prove a few doubters wrong again.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down