The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Cleverly a better bet at Cruiser than Bellew ????

+3
kingraf
Qoxiivi
TRUSSMAN66
7 posters

Go down

Is Cleverly a better bet at Cruiser than Bellew ???? Empty Is Cleverly a better bet at Cruiser than Bellew ????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 15 May 2014, 11:34 am

Watched the Bellew fight a few weeks ago and though he came through he was lucky he wasn't knocked out.....When he was caught he was gone.....Bellew never had a great chin at 175 and me thinks this weakness will only be accentuated at 200 !!..........

Cleverly on the other hand can take a good shot but he isn't as sharp a puncher.........Which may not be a problem as who is all that sharp at 200 ?...

I'd rather have Cleverly's problem than Bellew's at 200.........

Cleverly for me will go further..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Is Cleverly a better bet at Cruiser than Bellew ???? Empty Re: Is Cleverly a better bet at Cruiser than Bellew ????

Post by Qoxiivi Thu 15 May 2014, 11:59 am

Both seem destined to occupy that moderately profitable no-man's-land between European and world level but, as average as the cruiserweight scene is, I can’t see either beating the guys above them.

Huck: stops both, IMO
Hernandez: stops Bellew, decisions Cleverly
Lebedev: definitely stops both
Afolabi: possibly the most winnable for either, but only by decision IMO. Still would back them though.
Jones: Stops both, IMO, even if he’s not 'on' something

If his durability hasn’t taken too much of a knocking from the Kovalev loss, I think Cleverly would stand the best chance of picking up a belt by decision, on work-rate, but I don’t see it happening. Funnily enough though, I think Bellew might beat him; but that’s only because Cleverly is probably the only cruiserweight in the upper echelons who doesn’t have the power to stop him.

Basically, I think either has the boxing ability to beat one or two of the top guys, but IMO Bellew doesn’t have the chin to see the fight out and Cleverly doesn’t have the power to keep them off him.

Good luck to them both, though.

Qoxiivi

Back to top Go down

Is Cleverly a better bet at Cruiser than Bellew ???? Empty Re: Is Cleverly a better bet at Cruiser than Bellew ????

Post by kingraf Thu 15 May 2014, 12:39 pm

Its a big division cruiserweight, a lot of these lads are heavies come fight night, and I think as soon they step up in class, they get put to the sword. Not sure who I give a better shot at the division, possibly Bellew, as he seems to have taken some power up with him,.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Thu 15 May 2014, 12:45 pm

Can Cunningham or Adamek still make weight?

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 15 May 2014, 12:50 pm

I think Cunningham can, for enough money. I just dont see how Adamek can. Cunningham came in at 210lbs vs Fury.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 15 May 2014, 12:58 pm

210 at Heavyweight sounds like he could make Cruiser easily. Most boxers lose more than 10 pounds.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu 15 May 2014, 2:35 pm

Clevery looks worse suited to me on paper. No power, a style based on physical pressuring and having to take a lot of punches. Dont think it translate well to moving up.

The added weight on the other hand could improve Bellews chin but will probably be offset against guys who hit harder. Both are pretty average but I think the move will suit Bellew more.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 19 May 2014, 6:10 pm

Fair do Cleverlys opponent on Saturday was poor to say the least but at least he answered the question about a rematch in a decent manor where as Bellew went on to tell us how he is the new Evander Holyfield of the Crusierweight division from Liverpool the 'Home of Boxing'

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down