The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayweather p4p $$$$$

+4
theanimal316
milkyboy
88Chris05
ONETWOFOREVER
8 posters

Go down

Mayweather p4p $$$$$ Empty Mayweather p4p $$$$$

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 12 Jun 2014, 10:27 am

So Forbes have declared Floyd Maywaether as the highest paid athlete in the world. Floyd took home $105 million for his 2 fights against Canelo and Maidana. Wow just wow 2 fights. Ronaldo (the knob 1) came in second having played a full on hard season for Real Madrid where he must have played up to 50 games lol.

So Floyd has put boxing right at the top of the tree but what will this say to up and coming fighters eyeing Floyd's throne (and money)? Is it a good thing?

Back when Floyd was with Arum he was frustrated at how all the accolades and big money was going to the Golden boy DLH so Floyd wanted a better deal but Arum told him where to go with that and Floyd went his own way. People said he was crazy and that it would never work but 2 fights $105. million in the bank thank you very much.

Is there any name out there who can match or surpass Floyd???

17 years unbeaten in the hardest game of all is a worthy reward.

well done Floyd.......don't spend it all at once.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Mayweather p4p $$$$$ Empty Re: Mayweather p4p $$$$$

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 12 Jun 2014, 10:57 am

Normally I'd be happy about a boxer being the highest-paid sportsman in the world. Unfortunately, the fighter in question is one of the biggest idiots and most dislikable guys in the sport. Which is really saying something.

In this case, all it's going to lead to is Mayweather and his devotees throwing out more reasons about why he won't / can't fight (insert name of fighter we'd like to see him go up against here) and has to fight (insert name of lesser fighter but one who, for whatever reason, is a 'marquee name' and does PPV numbers) instead, because he's Money May, all roads lead to Mayweather, PPV blah blah blah. The rest of us will ask why exactly he needs to continually put money ahead of legacy when he's the most financially secure fighter in history, but that'll only make it more frustrating to endure.

Oh yeah, and we get to see Mayweather bragging from the window of his Bugatti about how much money he's got and his new watch in one of these worn-out, tepid 'All Access, Behind the Ropes, 24/7' shows (or whatever they're called now!). Again.

Great, great fighter but every time his ego gets stroked with something like this I die a little more inside! His influence on the sport hasn't been good at all as far as I'm concerned.....So yeah. Me 1-0 Mayweather, obviously!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 12 Jun 2014, 11:49 am

88Chris05 wrote:Normally I'd be happy about a boxer being the highest-paid sportsman in the world. Unfortunately, the fighter in question is one of the biggest idiots and most dislikable guys in the sport. Which is really saying something.

In this case, all it's going to lead to is Mayweather and his devotees throwing out more reasons about why he won't / can't fight (insert name of fighter we'd like to see him go up against here) and has to fight (insert name of lesser fighter but one who, for whatever reason, is a 'marquee name' and does PPV numbers) instead, because he's Money May, all roads lead to Mayweather, PPV blah blah blah. The rest of us will ask why exactly he needs to continually put money ahead of legacy when he's the most financially secure fighter in history, but that'll only make it more frustrating to endure.

Oh yeah, and we get to see Mayweather bragging from the window of his Bugatti about how much money he's got and his new watch in one of these worn-out, tepid 'All Access, Behind the Ropes, 24/7' shows (or whatever they're called now!). Again.

Great, great fighter but every time his ego gets stroked with something like this I die a little more inside! His influence on the sport hasn't been good at all as far as I'm concerned.....So yeah. Me 1-0 Mayweather, obviously!

Its all entertainment Chris. Mayweather is playing the heel in boxing he knows what he's doing, he knows people such as yourself will protest his actions and lifestyle but at the same time you will be forking out some of your hard earned just to get a chance to see him get beat.

All for show, imagine Ali without the persona.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 12 Jun 2014, 12:27 pm

Made $105m, spent $106m on tasteless bling. Better fight soon, with that cashflow deficit.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Thu 12 Jun 2014, 1:01 pm

[/quote]

Its all entertainment Chris. Mayweather is playing the heel in boxing he knows what he's doing, he knows people such as yourself will protest his actions and lifestyle but at the same time you will be forking out some of your hard earned just to get a chance to see him get beat.

All for show, imagine Ali without the persona.[/quote]

How much of it is him playing the heel for show, and how much of it is his real personality?  I can't stand anyone who flaunts their wealth likes this.  Fair play to you if you have annual earning the size of a GDP or a small country but there is no need to throw it in the fans faces(not literally).  Looking at some of the things he has done outside of boxing, i'd wager what money I have on the Mayweather we see in public being the real Mayweather.  Either way if it is really him, or his boxing persona, I know i'll be another mug who pays to see him hopefully beaten soon.

On a side note, does anyone have a list or a way of ranking who are the current biggest draws in world boxing?  I'm intrigued to know.  Froch must surely be near the top now.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 12 Jun 2014, 1:14 pm

All for show, imagine Ali without the persona.

How much of it is him playing the heel for show, and how much of it is his real personality?  I can't stand anyone who flaunts their wealth likes this.  Fair play to you if you have annual earning the size of a GDP or a small country but there is no need to throw it in the fans faces(not literally).  Looking at some of the things he has done outside of boxing, i'd wager what money I have on the Mayweather we see in public being the real Mayweather.  Either way if it is really him, or his boxing persona, I know i'll be another mug who pays to see him hopefully beaten soon.

On a side note, does anyone have a list or a way of ranking who are the current biggest draws in world boxing?  I'm intrigued to know.  Froch must surely be near the top now.

For me Mayweather surrounds himself with so many people and spends so much money because when he was growing up he never had any friends. It was go to school, go to the gym and then go home. Mayweather was not hanging around the streets with other kids his age he was a gym rat which might explain why he needs to lavish his entourage with gifts and flaunt his million dollor lifestyle.

As for this list that you suggest. I sincerly hope Froch does not catch wind of a list that has him as 1 of the biggest draws in boxing. His head (and nose) is already too big.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 12 Jun 2014, 1:15 pm

something wrong with the quote app.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Thu 12 Jun 2014, 1:16 pm

Manny made 48 mill over the same 12 months. That should sort his tax bill.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 12 Jun 2014, 1:39 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:something wrong with the quote app.

Nothing wrong with it, you just did it wrong Wink

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 12 Jun 2014, 1:44 pm

Be even richer if he hadn't ducked the fight of the century.

That said, his '0' is clearly too important to his marketability/earning potential to risk.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 12 Jun 2014, 2:14 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Be even richer if he hadn't ducked the fight of the century.

That said, his '0' is clearly too important to his marketability/earning potential to risk.

Yeah I agree

His insane fear of needles are to blame for turning down a $50 million maga fight.........no wait a minute

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 12 Jun 2014, 3:08 pm

The sooner Forbes take over compiling the P4P rankings the better as far as I am concerned.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 12 Jun 2014, 3:17 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Be even richer if he hadn't ducked the fight of the century.

Yeah I agree

His insane fear of needles are to blame for turning down a  $50 million maga fight.........no wait a minute

Yep, 'fear of needles' is up there on the list of riduclous excuses, somewhere alongside Manny being banned on training outside the US.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down