The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ryan Rhodes coming out of retirement

+5
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
John Bloody Wayne
milkyboy
Mr Bounce
wheelchair1991
9 posters

Go down

Ryan Rhodes coming out of retirement Empty Ryan Rhodes coming out of retirement

Post by wheelchair1991 Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 11:56

what are you reactions to this news

here is the interview with IFL TV(he looks genuinely p****d off at Kugan Cassius at some points of the interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHlLh1AMi88

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Ryan Rhodes coming out of retirement Empty Re: Ryan Rhodes coming out of retirement

Post by Guest Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 12:01

My reactions? Disappointment. Rhodes was done a long time ago. I appreciate it's hard for a fighter to let go, but he's undoubtedly a risk to himself and needs reining in. No doubt he's convinced himself (and a coach and promoter) that he's got his hunger and drive back when all he really has is an itch that needs scratching and that could be done by talking up Fell Walking or Morris Dancing.

As much as I dislike Naz, he's stayed away from the ring and should be commended for it. Why can't anyone else follow suit?

Back to top Go down

Ryan Rhodes coming out of retirement Empty Re: Ryan Rhodes coming out of retirement

Post by wheelchair1991 Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 12:16

I agree Dave

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 12:37

I like you wheelchair, you treat me with a much deserved respect that others would do well to copy, nay, emulate

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 12:39

well I treat my elders with respect Wink

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 12:57

Again, a very admirable trait, have 10p to go buy yourself some sweets.*

I remember the days when that was actually a nice thing old people did for small children and was in no used as a seedy chat up line in order to try and touch their bums. Still, as six year olds, we didn't roam the streets twerking, wearing hot pants or t-shirts that said "Pop my cherry" on them so I'm not surprised we weren't ritually buggered as a matter of course

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 13:19

back to the subject though apparently Rhodes wants to take on Eubank JR so looks like hes signing with Warren

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 13:22

So a ritual Lamb to the slaughter then. He will quickly realise (much like Hatton did) that he doesn't have "it" anymore.

Dave, I couldn't agree more with your inital statement.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 13:30

then Chris Eubank SR who seems to becoming more and more hands on as time passes with his son's boxing career will claim he is the second coming of Duran, RJJ and Leonard after he beats Rhodes

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 17:05

don't do it ryan

I think we all treat dave with exactly the amount of respect the c*nt deserves Wink

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 18:48

I hope Samuel L Jackson plays him in the movie.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 20:04

John Bloody Wayne wrote:I hope Samuel L Jackson plays him in the movie.

haha

whos going to see the movie about Rhodes life story then

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 20:48

All of us if Samuel L plays him. Directed by Tarantino, the fight scenes would be blood baths.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 21:21

These stories are always sad

He can obvously come back at domestic level and win a coupel before he fades enoughto get domianted form someone who'd struggle to get out of british level

He didn't embarrass himself against Rabchenko but he's had a hard career and has taken a lot already and the tank is pretty much empty after so much inactivity so he best stay retired but lets be honest he isn't the first and wont be the last to try a comeback

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 21:47

The spice boy's tear up with Jamie Moore is one of my favourite domestic fights of recentish years. Epic finish. Agree with the sentiment, not much point in him coming back to get beat up.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 21:58

Money can't buy you love but it can put petrol in your hire purchase Mercedes.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 27 Jun 2014 - 22:29

His life story film will open up with him being born. Then cut to him fighting in his debut.... Then getting hammered on his last few fights then "Fin"

Shouldn't take too long
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 29 Jun 2014 - 3:28

He must need money. Simple as that. He looked miserable in this interview, too. Pointless comeback. Sad to see.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down