The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abraham v Smith World title Fight set

+14
sittingringside
tunes666
Hammersmith harrier
Strongback
Sugar Boy Sweetie
hampo17
KingMonkey
mobilemaster8
Dipper Brown
Soldier_Of_Fortune
TopHat24/7
Derbymanc
TRUSSMAN66
catchweight
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Abraham v Smith World title Fight set Empty Abraham v Smith World title Fight set

Post by catchweight Fri 04 Jul 2014, 9:44 am

Hearn has announced this will take place on 27th of September in Germany. Big opportunity for Smith. Abraham has looked crap in recent years. Anyone think Smith might have a chance?

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Abraham v Smith World title Fight set Empty Re: Abraham v Smith World title Fight set

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 04 Jul 2014, 9:53 am

Will Paul Smith be the worst British champion in history after Glenn ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Abraham v Smith World title Fight set Empty Re: Abraham v Smith World title Fight set

Post by Derbymanc Fri 04 Jul 2014, 9:58 am

Give him a chance Truss, he might just surprise everybody

(Probably not though)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 04 Jul 2014, 10:07 am

It's just that he's the 4th best Brit at the weight and been stopped by the 2nd and 3rd..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 04 Jul 2014, 10:09 am

Very true that, I can't see him setting Germany alight never mind the world. Just hope he gives a good showing and makes the most of his chance

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 04 Jul 2014, 10:18 am

AA to stop him in 6.......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 04 Jul 2014, 10:20 am

Ill be surprise if Smith lasts past 6!

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri 04 Jul 2014, 10:38 am

I think he will do ok. I really think Abraham looks like a washed up piece of crap these days. And he was never that great to begin with. Will be tough to get a decision but I don’t think Smith will get blasted out. He would have to be seriously rubbish to be wiped out in a few rounds by Abraham.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Fri 04 Jul 2014, 10:43 am

To be fair no.1 is (a) champion, sold out a stadium fighting no.2. No.3 was on the undercard and is now the mandatory to face no.1 so it's not like he's jumping anyone (domestic anyway) in the queue.

I feel like I'm not allowed to name names

Froch, Groves, DeGale Smile

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 04 Jul 2014, 10:57 am

catchweight wrote:I think he will do ok. I really think Abraham looks like a washed up piece of crap these days. And he was never that great to begin with. Will be tough to get a decision but I don’t think Smith will get blasted out. He would have to be seriously rubbish to be wiped out in a few rounds by Abraham.

Catch, whats Smiths best win in the past 5 years? Dodson?

Smith's good a pancaking no marks, steps up and looks out of his depth. You could even say Calum has had a harder run of fights recently.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jul 2014, 11:03 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Will Paul Smith be the worst British champion in history after Glenn ??
Catley or McCrory?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 04 Jul 2014, 11:09 am

Never saw Catley fight.....

Unfortunately can't say the same for Mccrory..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri 04 Jul 2014, 11:34 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
catchweight wrote:I think he will do ok. I really think Abraham looks like a washed up piece of crap these days. And he was never that great to begin with. Will be tough to get a decision but I don’t think Smith will get blasted out. He would have to be seriously rubbish to be wiped out in a few rounds by Abraham.

Smith's good a pancaking no marks, steps up and looks out of his depth. You could even say Calum has had a harder run of fights recently.

I saw Abrahams last fight and he was awful. Who has he been blasting out in recent years? Id expect him to beat Smith. Maybe even get a late knockout. But Smith would have to be useless to let himself be wiped out in a few rounds by a plodder like Abraham.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 04 Jul 2014, 12:10 pm

If smith boxes him and does not brawl him then he potentially could spring an upset. As most of you mebtion, AA has not really lived up to his "king" rep over the past couple of years since partaking in the Super 6. At MW he was a beast at times.

I'd probably predict Smith to do well early on but no matter how much AA plods around, he has fought at a much higher level and has the experience.

You can't teach class and experience so I go for a AA LKO around 8.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 04 Jul 2014, 12:16 pm

catchweight wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:

I saw Abrahams last fight and he was awful. Who has he been blasting out in recent years? Id expect him to beat Smith. Maybe even get a late knockout. But Smith would have to be useless to let himself be wiped out in a few rounds by a plodder like Abraham.

Smith aint got no chin and is really a blown up middle, just like the King.

Smith stepped up twice against two green prospects, got schooled in one and spanked out in the other.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 04 Jul 2014, 12:31 pm

Shame he's not in Fielding's class.........

Then again what is that these days..... light-heavy, cruiser ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 04 Jul 2014, 12:37 pm

Supermiddle mate.

He is actually lighter now then when he weighed in last time.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Fri 04 Jul 2014, 1:15 pm

Smith will win. He'll win because I don't want him to. I'm not sure I'll be able to handle it either, the Sky/Gallagher/Smith love-in is already pushing me to my limits and this could tip me over the edge.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 04 Jul 2014, 1:52 pm

KingMonkey wrote:Smith will win.  He'll win because I don't want him to.  I'm not sure I'll be able to handle it either, the Sky/Gallagher/Smith love-in is already pushing me to my limits and this could tip me over the edge.

Hahaha Gallagher does grind on me.

Don't worry King, Smith will loose.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 04 Jul 2014, 6:54 pm

Part of me hopes Fielding gets wiped out SoF, mainly due to his complete disregard for the weight limit in his last fight, shame as before that I enjoyed watching him. I think Callum Smith wipes the floor with him either way mind.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri 04 Jul 2014, 10:17 pm

Can't see Smith knocking out Abraham, but can see Abraham stopping smith. Can't see smith getting a decision in Germany. By hook or crook, this is Abrahams fight, a bet on him would be free money.

Last edited by Sugar Boy Sweetie on Sat 05 Jul 2014, 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 04 Jul 2014, 10:32 pm

The Delusion: Smith has a chance because he's British and Eddie has done a fantastic job getting him a world title crack.

The Reality: even the corpse of Abrahams would pose too many problems for Smith and Abrahams still has a heartbeat just about so that's a major problem for Smithy. Eddie doesn't mind sacrificing Smith as he's sick of listening to the mouthy Scouse git.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 04 Jul 2014, 11:00 pm

The Reality: You need to get a life and stop plagiarising the life you dream about in your one bed council flat.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat 05 Jul 2014, 10:19 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:The Reality: You need to get a life and stop plagiarising the life you dream about in your one bed council flat.

laughing laughing laughing Laugh Laugh clap clap clap 

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 05 Jul 2014, 10:55 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:The Reality: You need to get a life and stop plagiarising the life you dream about in your one bed council flat.

When you were a Grind Core journalist I was out making money.

I'm still working towards the position were working hard is less of a necessity. I'm not materialistic and value creativity over money, the natural world over the man made. I have a comfortable life, when I take a moment to reflect on things I feel I'm one of the lucky one's.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 05 Jul 2014, 10:57 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Toppy you have never been a shrinking violet when discussing your job and status. I find your posts in this thread hypocritical.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 05 Jul 2014, 10:59 am

Another thread about to fall in to complete nonsense. Let's try and be adults yeah?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 05 Jul 2014, 11:08 am

Abraham is on the slide a bit but still see him beating Smith quite easy. And how bizarre would it be to see him holding a world title and Groves and Degale not?

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat 05 Jul 2014, 12:01 pm

Strongback wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Toppy you have never been a shrinking violet when discussing your job and status. I find your posts in this thread hypocritical.

Don't think I've ever boasted of either, as a matter of fact. In particular I've never suggest any bitterness towards those more successful than me, of which there are many, therefore I fail to see where the hypocrisy lies??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 05 Jul 2014, 12:48 pm

Strongback wrote:

When you were a Grind Core journalist I was out making money.

I'm still working towards the position were working hard is less of a necessity.  I'm not materialistic and value creativity over money, the natural world over the man made.  I have a comfortable life, when I take a moment to reflect on things I feel I'm one of the lucky one's.

Never been a Grindcore journalist Strongy nor do I feel the need to talk about my earnings and work history on a boxing forum, i'll reserve the need to impress for you. What you gain from corrupting the truth to complete strangers is something only you can answer but rest assured I doubt anybody on here cares a jot what you do or supposedly do.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 05 Jul 2014, 3:33 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Don't think I've ever boasted of either, as a matter of fact.  In particular I've never suggest any bitterness towards those more successful than me, of which there are many, therefore I fail to see where the hypocrisy lies??

You have mentioned many times that you are in finance. Possibly an accountant working in the city.

You teally are one of the most deluded posted on here and patriotism colours your thinking heavily. You're so thick you are not worth arguing with, you're just a big loud empty vessel.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 05 Jul 2014, 3:37 pm

Lads I put a polite post earlier, and it looks like it's been ignored. Wind your necks in and debate the point and not the poster.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat 05 Jul 2014, 4:14 pm

Strongback wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Don't think I've ever boasted of either, as a matter of fact.  In particular I've never suggest any bitterness towards those more successful than me, of which there are many, therefore I fail to see where the hypocrisy lies??

You have mentioned many times that you are in finance. Possibly an accountant working in the city.

You teally are one of the most deluded posted on here and patriotism colours your thinking heavily. You're so thick you are not worth arguing with, you're just a big loud empty vessel.

Errrmmmmm....... still no hypocrisy there.......??

Anyways, out of respect for Dear Hampo, I'll be done with laughing at you now.

Toodle pip Laugh

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Sat 05 Jul 2014, 7:21 pm

Well, good luck to Smith, a ridiculous career opportunity. I really can't see him emerging from this one victorious even taking into account the decline of Abraham, but stranger things have happened!

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 05 Jul 2014, 7:38 pm

I've written an article about this for Give Me Sport if anyone wants to take a look.

http://www.givemesport.com/482810-paul-smith-moves-closer-to-world-title-shot

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sat 05 Jul 2014, 8:26 pm

Good read hampo

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 05 Jul 2014, 8:34 pm

Not the best mate, was done as bit of a quick job but they published it so happy days.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 05 Jul 2014, 8:35 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Errrmmmmm....... still no hypocrisy there.......??

Anyways, out of respect for Dear Hampo, I'll be done with laughing at you now.

Toodle pip Laugh

Unfortunately you don't seem to understand the meaning of the word hypocrisy which I suppose doesn't surprise me as you are a flea brained idiot.

When a debate starts you just spout completely irreverent waffle and shout denials when you are patently caught out. You're not capable of holding your own in a debate with me so you just shout and post lots and lots and lots of smilies. Empty vessels make the most sound. Y

As for Hammer, he's seems like a strange lad. I sometimes wonder if he is a danger to himself.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sat 05 Jul 2014, 8:39 pm

Well even if it was rushed i thought it was a fair reflection on the subject matter and a nice refreshing change on this theread which seems to have turned into a mini version of the jeremy kyle show

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 05 Jul 2014, 8:44 pm

Seriously Strongy everyone is fed up of reading your drivel, take it as a final warning mate.

Thanks Wheelchair, I think Strongy would fit in well on Jerry Springer, Kyle is a bit to high brow for him.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 05 Jul 2014, 8:54 pm

Read back through the threads I never throw the first stone.

All I have done is challenge Eddie Hearn's methods and people don't like that. Time will tell if I have called Eddie correctly or not.

My drivel is in response to others drivel. The only other boxing person I have given out about was Haye which was also unpopular initially.

If you need to get out the ban stick then that's fair enough but I assume every poster will be judged with an even hand.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 05 Jul 2014, 8:59 pm

Toppy said he'd stop and HH hasn't posted since, you have. Just leave it alone, people are fed up of reading your anti-Hearn agenda amongst other stuff.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 05 Jul 2014, 9:13 pm

Toppy stuck a dig in and then said he wouldn't do anymore. Not really the same as saying he would stop.

I don't know what the "other stuff" is but other than responses to posts slagging me off I just give opinions.

As for Hearn I have an alternative view to most but isn't that what a forum is all about? To my eyes Hearn has landed a deluge of Matchroom PR in the media, in response my views are a drop in the ocean and make no real difference in comparison to the way Hearn shapes opinions.  If 606V2 wants to shut down any dissent in relation to Hearn then just pm and let me know the score and I'll know what way the wind blows.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 05 Jul 2014, 9:17 pm

There's a different to disagreeing with what he does mate and just criticising every single move the guy makes, he gets his fighter a shot at a world title he's wrong, he moves a fighter a long to slowly he's wrong, it gets boring and repetitive and I hope it ends here.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 05 Jul 2014, 9:39 pm

hampo171 wrote:There's a different to disagreeing with what he does mate and just criticising every single move the guy makes, he gets his fighter a shot at a world title he's wrong, he moves a fighter a long to slowly he's wrong, it gets boring and repetitive and I hope it ends here.

I have a lot of opinions about how Hearn's manages/ promotes. Every time I put up any negative opinion on Hearn posters have tried to shut me down including what appeared to me to be a mod policy of defending Hearn. I am convinced not everything Hearn does is great, a lot of what he does I see as mediocre. I'm just attempting to stick a pin in the hype bubble around Eddie. You may see me as a contrarian or a trouble maker but I see my opinions on Hearn as being valid and I think I am fairly good judge of character. I agree the debate does turn into drivel a lot of the time but there are plenty of posters happy to direct the debate down that road.

In time I believe people will step back and look at Hearn with a more critical eye particularly when the wave of his hype hits the skids eventually.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Sat 05 Jul 2014, 10:21 pm

Strongy, why not create a create an in-depth article about Hearn, cover every angle, get it all off your chest and then we can all just move on?

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sat 05 Jul 2014, 10:28 pm

3fingers wrote:Strongy, why not create a create an in-depth article about Hearn, cover every angle, get it all off your chest and then we can all just move on?

Good shout.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sat 05 Jul 2014, 10:35 pm

Strongy we all agree some of the stuff hearn does is wrong but to criticise him 100% of the time as you do means some of your more valid points get lost in the vendetta you have against hearn. We all have criticised hearn on here on occassion i believe or the vast majority definatly have, but to say as you seem too that 100% of the time he is wrong is just plain wrong as it would be if someone took the same approach with regards to Frank Warren

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sat 05 Jul 2014, 11:07 pm

Strongy should check out @TheCultOfHearn on twitter - assuming he didn't make the account himself!
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 06 Jul 2014, 12:19 am

@TheCultOfHearn is the bees knees, legs and his arms.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next