The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broner "I'm the 'can man', anybody CAN get it"

+2
ONETWOFOREVER
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
6 posters

Go down

Broner "I'm the 'can man', anybody CAN get it" Empty Broner "I'm the 'can man', anybody CAN get it"

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:49 pm

Remember these words in his last interview??

Well it seems that the can he is referring too is another Tin Can.

Emmanuel Taylor (18-2, 12 KOs)

Once just about scraped past a fighter with a record of 12-16-0.

This is Broner, a 3 weight world champion who had his comeback fight against the bog standard average Carlos Molina. But you would think that a back to winning ways fight like that would have him ready to step in with the fringe world class at least. Remember the point he made after Molina that he said he was "bored" during the fight . Well another day another cherry pick. Taylor's defeats coming against Chris Algeri and 258th in the world ranked Prenice Brewer. Should be a challenge this fight....not to laugh at or cry at it.

Lucas Matthysse takes on Roberto Ortiz who hasn't really been in against credible class but hasn't really put a foot wrong in building a 30-0-1 , 24 KOs record . He has also never been on the floor. Something I suspect will change when he takes what Lucas has too offer.

Andre Berto will feature but has yet to have an opponent named.

Thoughts on Broner going after soft touches once again? He's quickly becoming an even bigger laughing stock than normal.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Broner "I'm the 'can man', anybody CAN get it" Empty Re: Broner "I'm the 'can man', anybody CAN get it"

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:13 pm

State of boxing at the mo

I can accept a gimmie fight (Molina) but surely he must step up or at least find a fighter who could trouble him like Maidana did to show that Broner can adapt to pressure fighters. Boxing is not about development anymore its just a circus many clowns involved. Fury, Haye, Broner etc all clowns.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Broner "I'm the 'can man', anybody CAN get it" Empty Re: Broner "I'm the 'can man', anybody CAN get it"

Post by Rowley Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:14 pm

At the risk of playing amateur pop psychologist, is not hard to believe Broner’s bravado and swagger was always something of a front. He always come across as the sort of bloke in the pub who delights in telling anyone who will listen how hard he is, the exact sort who you know will be on his toes the first sign of trouble. I would suspect for all his front and claims he will be back bigger, stronger and better than ever Broner’s confidence in his abilities has been seriously damaged and those that handle him are trying to rebuild his confidence slowly.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:29 pm

Treading on thin ice here but I see similarities with Naz post-Barrera. The aura of invincibility has been well and truly shattered and, in the case of Broner, by a man highly unlikely to be considered amongst the greats and all the bluff and bluster in the world isn't going to disguise the fact that what we see now is a very frightened and insecure little boy who basically needs his mummy

MAB and Maidana took their respective "0"'s but seems they also took a piece of their heart and, in the case of Broner, his balls (just a shame he couldn't have taken his tongue while he was at it)

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:31 pm

Rowley wrote:At the risk of playing amateur pop psychologist, is not hard to believe Broner’s bravado and swagger was always something of a front. He always come across as the sort of bloke in the pub who delights in telling anyone who will listen how hard he is, the exact sort who you know will be on his toes the first sign of trouble. I would suspect for all his front and claims he will be back bigger, stronger and better than ever Broner’s confidence in his abilities has been seriously damaged and those that handle him are trying to rebuild his confidence slowly.

I'd say his confidence is genuine as he's too stupid to see his own limitations.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:36 pm

Broner had some success against Maidana after getting floored. I remember watching the fight and seeing Maidana basically walking into shots that were never thrown by Broner. Mayweather, Pacman, or Bradley would have exposed him but Broner did not see the openings.

I gave him credit for finishing the fight on his feet but that fight proved he lost his way aginst pressure fighters. A win against Molina is fine but this next opponent does not answer the question as to wether Broner can handle pressure fighters.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:38 pm

Agree with the sentiment.

The manner of the Maidana defeat was quite crushing, all those shots of himp slumped over the bottom rope. And I agree his 'persona' always felt a bit fake (his fight [or should I say pre-fight antics] with PM really highlighted this, PM took him apart), he put himself on a sugar pedestal and Maidana brought the rain.

He's still talented, and would do well if he could drop down a weight, should win another title.

But I think he risks very much going down at the 'Duke McKenzie' end of the scale of 3-weight world champs.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:38 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Broner had some success against Maidana after getting floored. I remember watching the fight and seeing Maidana basically walking into shots that were never thrown by Broner. Mayweather, Pacman, or Bradley would have exposed him but Broner did not see the openings.

I gave him credit for finishing the fight on his feet but that fight proved he lost his way aginst pressure fighters. A win against Molina is fine but this next opponent does not answer the question as to wether Broner can handle pressure fighters.
More conspiracy theories eh?

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:42 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Broner had some success against Maidana after getting floored. I remember watching the fight and seeing Maidana basically walking into shots that were never thrown by Broner. Mayweather, Pacman, or Bradley would have exposed him but Broner did not see the openings.

More conspiracy theories eh?

Yeah I'm a mad hatter tin foil fruit cake.

My cat still loves me tho.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:23 pm

Well having success isn't hard against Maidana. He isn't exactly a defensive genius . The difference in that fight was Maidana was enjoying him self. Broner was having a complete nightmare. His corner reminding me of a documentary in a surgery theatre and something goes wrong and all the surgeons start shouting and screaming at eachother. They hadn't a clue. Remember the Maidana fight only happened when Broner put that poll on the GBP website. Who's with me in saying Broner will NEVER make the mistake of letting the fans decide his next opponent again.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:01 am

Lets be real, he's beating Tomato CANs, for sure.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:08 am

I'd like to stick him in with Liverpool's new defensive midfielder Emre Can. Not seen many people knock Micah Richards clean off his feet, wonder what this guy would do to Broner

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:22 am

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Well having success isn't hard against Maidana. He isn't exactly a defensive genius . The difference in that fight was Maidana was enjoying him self. Broner was having a complete nightmare. His corner reminding me of a documentary in a surgery theatre and something goes wrong and all the surgeons start shouting and screaming at eachother. They hadn't a clue. Remember the Maidana fight only happened when Broner put that poll on the GBP website. Who's with me in saying Broner will NEVER make the mistake of letting the fans decide his next opponent again.

Khan won the poll, Floyd ignored it, ironically.

Maybe next time he should listen to the fans......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down