The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V-Par Golf

+3
drive4show
super_realist
Mercurio
7 posters

Go down

V-Par Golf Empty V-Par Golf

Post by Mercurio Tue 24 May 2011, 4:35 pm

www.vpar-golf.com

These people had a stand at GolfLive last week.

Basically, they have an App which can give you a live leaderboard for your competition on your phone.

I think it launches in August, and it's something that should work briliantly on golf society days or even club comps.

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

V-Par Golf Empty Re: V-Par Golf

Post by super_realist Tue 24 May 2011, 4:52 pm

Good idea, but I can't see people being sufficiently bothered to update their score on the way round, nor can I see anyone volunteering to record scores of passing players every 3 holes or so.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Tue 24 May 2011, 4:53 pm

We have installed new software at my club where you enter your scores directly onto the computer when you come off the course. It then shows you a running leaderboard by division.

Great!

However, heard lots of people talking pre round about whether or not to enter the comp depending on the scores already in, projected CSS etc. I think a lot of people have not played in comps as a result.

So, the technology is great but in practice I have reservations.

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Tue 24 May 2011, 5:03 pm

I think for statos like me it would be fantastic but at £1500 plus VAT plus what looks like every imaginable cost they can think of it would need to be a minted company day or a very wealthy private club.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Tue 24 May 2011, 10:17 pm

The cost of £1,500 is for Corporate Days where they supply all the gear - that won't be the cost for the App!

Regarding inputing the scores after each hole, I currentlty add everyone's (in my group) scores, putts, club they used on the tee and where their tee shot went after each hole on Golfshot - it's not a problem. It also acts as a double check for scores put on the card.

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by GWR-Golfer Wed 25 May 2011, 8:43 am

drive4show wrote:We have installed new software at my club where you enter your scores directly onto the computer when you come off the course. It then shows you a running leaderboard by division.

Great!

However, heard lots of people talking pre round about whether or not to enter the comp depending on the scores already in, projected CSS etc. I think a lot of people have not played in comps as a result.

So, the technology is great but in practice I have reservations.

What you need to do is configure the software to not show the leaderboard until, say, after 14:00. That way the late starters are not influenced by the score that are in.
GWR-Golfer
GWR-Golfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Wed 25 May 2011, 8:53 am

I was wondering just how big are the fields that d4S plays in!!

Tee times booked over 5 hours?

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by sharrison01 Wed 25 May 2011, 9:16 am

I've used this or similar on a golf day and it was absolutely awesome. We were playing a team plus individual event and each 4 ball were given a blackberry to put our scores in - bit disappointing after about 12 holes when you realise some bandito team is ripping it ahead of you after 6...

sharrison01

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloxboy Wed 25 May 2011, 11:06 am

Mercurio,
Every Saturday our comps start at 7.00 and last tee off is 3.30 so eight and a half hours of booked tee times. Normally between 160-170 competitors.
No wonder I can't win one!

Bloxboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down