The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 8 results

2 posters

Go down

Week 8 results Empty Week 8 results

Post by Azzy Tue 12 Aug 2014, 10:31 am

Palermo vs Verona
Palermo:
Verona:
Palermo 2-1 Verona
(Valencia, Markovic) (Wickham)

Azzy’s view:
Two excellent teams on display. I felt that Palermo had the stronger line-up, with the two DMs a good combination and the front four causing Verona lots of problems. On the other side, Verona also had two good DMs and the strikers caused the CBs issues. The key area for me was that Palermo front four, who tested the aged back line of Verona with their pace and saw a MOTM performance from Enner Valencia, whose movement and running was outstanding. Verona’s goal was well worked, Sterling playing a long ball up to Toni, who fed Wickham slipping in between the CBs. All in all, two excellent sides but I felt that Palermo had that extra quality and the slight edge in tactical instructions.

PAOK vs Bremen
PAOK:
Bremen:
PAOK 0-1 Bremen
(Hunt)

Azzy’s view:
A very close game here, I felt that PAOK’s tactics were not particularly elaborate or thought-out and it allowed Bremen into the game more. Bremen had a clear game plan and PAOK’s more attacking stance assisted that, with Vilhena pulling the strings and Buffel and Beister having a strong influence on the game. Overall, Bremen had similar quality to PAOK but were more dynamic, picking up a deserved win.

Granada vs Genk
Granada:
Genk:
Granada 2-2 Genk
(Streller x2) (Depay, Klose)

Azzy’s view:
This was the game of the week, Genk with such great quality all over the pitch and Granada with the tactical setup to combat it. Genk took advantage of Granada’s weakness at FB, but that in turn opened up the game for Brahimi and Januzaj, who did as instructed and placed crosses for Streller to bag himself a brace. Had Granada not been able to call upon the Dutch CB pairing of Veltman and Vlaar, this could have been a straightforward win for Genk – but their resoluteness, and the sparkling performance from the Granada wingers, allowed them to sneak a draw.

Bordeaux vs Getafe
Bordeaux:
Getafe:
Bordeaux 1-2 Getafe
(Arias) (Totti, Kalou)

Azzy’s view:
Two great sets of tactics, Getafe throwing a surprise with the 3-4-1-2 which allowed them to stifle the two Bordeaux forwards and also combat the Bordeaux midfield fudge-fest. Getafe’s usage of Totti in the hole was inspired, as that was where the game was won and with the strikers occupying the CBs, Totti was afforded time and space. Bordeaux have the tools to win plenty of matches, as Arias and Maxwell were lights out in this game, but Getafe’s astute formation gave them the advantage in this game.

Twente vs Basel
Twente:
Basel:
Twente 2-0 Basel (Default win)
(Quintero, Castaignos)

Azzy’s view:
When a team doesn’t show up, they get beaten. Well done to Hero for submitting tactics on time. As for Cherries, I guess the 4-0 win at the weekend is still fresh in his mind as he roves the streets of Bournemouth with Tennants Super at the ready.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Week 8 results Empty Re: Week 8 results

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 12 Aug 2014, 10:49 am

I might score one of these weeks Laugh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down