The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Groves makes his first signing as a manager

+2
mobilemaster8
ONETWOFOREVER
6 posters

Go down

Groves makes his first signing as a manager Empty Groves makes his first signing as a manager

Post by Guest Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:45 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2723026/George-Groves-signs-heavyweight-Luke-Watkins-ahead-professional-debut.html
What, if anything do people make of this?

Groves has already demonstrated an ability to be more than just a boxer in his dealing with the IBF and Eddie Hearn, has he taken on too many responsibilities for someone who still has genuine title ambitions of his own?

Back to top Go down

Groves makes his first signing as a manager Empty Re: Groves makes his first signing as a manager

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:56 pm

Am I allowed to comment on you're thread?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Groves makes his first signing as a manager Empty Re: Groves makes his first signing as a manager

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:45 pm

Seems he may be doing too much outside of the ring Dave If I'm honest.

Didn't he negotiate his 2nd fight with Froch and sort his promotional side out?

Now he is managing a stable as well?

You can't do it all...he needs to let Sauerland do that so he can knock people out and look good at what he does best....box.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:50 am

I agree Moby.............Boxing is a tough sport....Needs 100% focus on being a fighter......He can do the other stuff when he's finished..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:23 am

The impression I get from Groves is of someone who thinks they're maybe a touch smarter than they actually are.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:25 am

sittingringside wrote:The impression I get from Groves is of someone who thinks they're maybe a touch smarter than they actually are.
Even if that were true, it still makes him a damn sight smarter than a lot of people.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:39 am

sittingringside wrote:The impression I get from Groves is of someone who thinks they're maybe a touch smarter than they actually are.

Hit the nail on the head there................But as my Old Man used to tell me...Solve one problem before you go onto the next !!..

I never listened to my old Man !! Sad Sad 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:28 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Am I allowed to comment on you're thread?

Why are you still here?!?!?!?

I think an instant ban should apply after annouced retirements.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:33 am

Soldier, your support for me against ONETWO's stalking and campaign of hatred is much appreciated.

Come on, the Red Men!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:38 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Am I allowed to comment on you're thread?

Why are you still here?!?!?!?

I think an instant ban should apply after annouced retirements.

Here..Here..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:46 pm

TRUSSY why are you still here?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:51 pm

DAVE667 wrote:TRUSSY why are you still here?

Boomerang Trussy............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:52 pm

You mean BUMMER-ang TRUSSY?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:01 pm

I'll stick with the American spelling..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:15 pm

Doesn't matter how you spell it TRUSSY, it's still you defiling another man

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:16 pm

Ok i'll comment.

I think that what Groves is doing is very much part of the boxing scene today. It seems fighters are just trying to earn enough out of the game as possible. Something like this was rare say 30 years ago. Could be the sport is more marginalised then we thought. You see team this and team that springing up everywhere these days.

Mayweather is the blueprint. After separating himself from Arum, many expected him to struggle but its been the opposite he has flourished taking over the running of things in his own career. He now promotes fights and has a very good stable.

Of course Mayweather has kept the brand alive by winning fights and keeping his name in the elite class other boxers who have tried have failed to replicate.

David Haye's Haymaker promotion bombed as did Hatton promotions, as did Calzaghe promotions so good luck to Groves but its harder then he may have anticipated.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:23 pm

Is hamemaker promotions still going?

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down