The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Munster V Edinburgh - GPro 12 Round 1

+30
Rory_Gallagher
Artful_Dodger
Baz1974
CraigS1874
SecretFly
JonnyEdinburgh
Welly
Neutralee
Manky-Flanker
cakeordeath
LeinsterFan4life
BigGee
TheMildlyFranticLlama
Notch
GLove39
Jenifer McLadyboy
reallybored
tigertattie
IanBru
VinceWLB
justified sinner
MunsterMac
funnyExiledScot
RuggerRadge2611
EWT Spoons
Sin é
ME-109
jimbopip
George Carlin
RDW
34 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Munster V Edinburgh - GPro 12 Round 1 - Page 6 Empty Munster V Edinburgh - GPro 12 Round 1

Post by RDW Sun 31 Aug 2014, 9:55 am

First topic message reminder :

MunsterMunster V Edinburgh - GPro 12 Round 1 - Page 6 Violen12 V EdinburghMunster V Edinburgh - GPro 12 Round 1 - Page 6 Winesm10

Friday 5th September 2014
KO 19:35
Thomond Park

Referee: Leighton Hodges (WRU, 41st competition game)
Assistant Referees: Nigel Correll, John Carvill (both IRFU)
Citing Commissioner: Eddie Walsh (IRFU)
TMO: Jude Quinn (IRFU)
Live on TG4 / BBA ALBA

23 Wins 6
75 Tries 42
696 Points 443
27 Average age 26

Results last year:

Munster 34 - Edinburgh 23
Ednburgh 12 - Munster 55 Shocked

Pre Season form:

Munster 17 - London Irish 5
Gloucester 45 - Munster 8

Edinburgh 10 - Leicester 11
Newcastle 15 - Edinburgh 21

Teams:

Munster
Munster V Edinburgh - GPro 12 Round 1 - Page 6 Danny-10  
15 Ronan O'Mahony
14 Andrew Conway
13 Johne Murphy
12 Andrew Smith
11 Simon Zebo
10 Ian Keatley
9 Duncan Williams

1 John Ryan
2 Kevin O'Byrne
3 BJ Botha
4 Donncha O'Callaghan
5 Billy Holland
6 CJ Stander
7 Sean Dougall
8 Shane Buckley

16 Duncan Casey
17 Alan Cotter
18 Stephen Archer
19 Dave Foley
20 Tommy O'Donnell
21 Cathal Sheridan
22 Johnny Holland
23 Ivan Dineen

Edinburgh
Munster V Edinburgh - GPro 12 Round 1 - Page 6 Ronnie10 
15 Jack Cuthbert
14 Dougie Fife
13 Sam Beard
12 Andries Strauss
11 Tim Visser

10 Greig Tonks
9 Sean Kennedy

1 Alasdair Dickinson
2 Ross Ford (Captain)
3 John Andress
4 Fraser McKenzie
5 Ollie Atkins
6 Tomas Leonardi
7 Hamish Watson
8 Cornell Du Preez

16 James Hilterbrand
17 Rory Sutherland
18 W P Nel
19 Ben Toolis
20 Mike Coman
21 Sam Hidalgo-Clyne
22 Nick McLennan
23 Phil Burleigh

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Munster V Edinburgh - GPro 12 Round 1 - Page 6 Empty Re: Munster V Edinburgh - GPro 12 Round 1

Post by Sin é Sun 07 Sep 2014, 1:17 am

ME-109 wrote:PS - Are you bringing your hang sangiches to Croker tomorrow?

You know what they used to say was the eight wonder of the world? - Cork/Tipp in the Pairc - The reflection from the silver paper wrapping the hang sangiches could be seen in space Cool

Hang sandwiches are all set! I'm not going though - I jink Tipp when we play Kilkenny.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Munster V Edinburgh - GPro 12 Round 1 - Page 6 Empty Re: Munster V Edinburgh - GPro 12 Round 1

Post by ME-109 Sun 07 Sep 2014, 1:22 am

Sin é wrote:

You know what they used to say was the eight wonder of the world? - Cork/Tipp in the Pairc - The reflection from the silver paper wrapping the hang sangiches could be seen in space Cool

Hang sandwiches are all set! I'm not going though - I jink Tipp when we play Kilkenny.

Headscratch ..what!!! not going. Feics sake boy..Much as I love rugby I remember the day after getting home langers from Cardiff in 2008 (edit - had been to the 2000 and 2002 finals) and the missus said to me..."winning the HC is great...but....its not like an All Ireland".....

Couldnt argue with that...

Anyhow enjoy the game.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Sun 07 Sep 2014, 1:45 pm

Well I wasn't too disappointed because I backed Edinburgh to win once I saw the Munster team sheet. When the oppositio coaches see Duncan Williams' name on the team sheet they must think its their lucky day. Its a big test for Foley already. Lots of players missing but the standard was shocking.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon 08 Sep 2014, 2:24 pm

ME-109 wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Headscratch ..what!!! not going. Feics sake boy..Much as I love rugby I remember the day after getting home langers from Cardiff in 2008 (edit - had been to the 2000 and 2002 finals) and the missus said to me..."winning the HC is great...but....its not like an All Ireland".....

Anyhow enjoy the game.

That was some game ! I know you can't beat the atmosphere in Croke Park for an All Ireland Final (especially on a day like yesterday), but Tipp always lose against Kilkenny when I go to the match, so I won't be going to the replay either!
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by brennomac Mon 08 Sep 2014, 3:08 pm

ME-109 wrote:Four out of five of our next home games in the Murphys Pro 12 are on a Friday including Munster v Ulster...bloody brilliant.

How many Ulster fans are going to drive to Limerick for a Friday night game - even with motorways it's a 4 hour plus drive from Belfast to Limerick - unless you're a nordie man of leisure and can head off from Belfast at lunchtime and then stay overnight. Sky's match presentation has been grand, but jeez the match scheduling!!

brennomac

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 08 Sep 2014, 3:11 pm

Edinburgh actually choose to have Friday night games - seems to be the most popular.

Probably a good move too given that a large number of Edinburgh fans will either be playing, coaching or watching local amateur rugby on a Saturday, so would not be able to go to the Edinburgh game.

We have a different situation from Munster geographically though - a relatively small City that is generally easy to get to from most areas.

Just don't ask the Fifers how they get into Edinburgh on time...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 08 Sep 2014, 3:30 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
We have a different situation from Munster geographically though - a relatively small City that is generally easy to get to from most areas.

Excuse me? Was that a dig? I cannae tell these days
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 08 Sep 2014, 3:38 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:

Excuse me? Was that a dig? I cannae tell these days

I was just pre-empting you replying going on about how difficult it is for you to Fifers to get into Edinburgh early Friday evenings!

As far as I see it, that's (one of the many) disadvantages of living in Fife! Very Happy

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 08 Sep 2014, 3:47 pm

No wonder ROG cleared off.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Mon 08 Sep 2014, 5:53 pm

Sin é wrote:
ME-109 wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Anyhow enjoy the game.

That was some game !  I know you can't beat the atmosphere in Croke Park for an All Ireland Final (especially on a day like yesterday), but Tipp always lose against Kilkenny when I go to the match, so I won't be going to the replay either!

Brilliant game alright. I thought KK were going to be as naive as Cork in the first half but they managed to put the Tipp half backline and especially Maher under pressure and more importantly stopped the short puck outs before the end of the half. Only thing I would say is a Cork full backline wouldnt leave that many goals or goal chances to KK Whistle . Looking forward to the replay.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Mon 08 Sep 2014, 5:54 pm

rodders wrote:No wonder ROG cleared off.

He's waiting for you to join him Rodders. Cool

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon 08 Sep 2014, 8:19 pm

jimbopip wrote:A belated welcome to JonnyE. Sad to see you have been drawn to the Dark Side. Come over to the west side; it's a much better story there and Peasant sandwiches are optional.

Over hear we don't eat peasants. Just a few game birds

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon 08 Sep 2014, 8:23 pm

ME-109 wrote:
Sin é wrote:
ME-109 wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Anyhow enjoy the game.

That was some game !  I know you can't beat the atmosphere in Croke Park for an All Ireland Final (especially on a day like yesterday), but Tipp always lose against Kilkenny when I go to the match, so I won't be going to the replay either!

Brilliant game alright. I thought KK were going to be as naive as Cork in the first half but they managed to put the Tipp half backline and especially Maher under pressure and more importantly stopped the short puck outs before the end of the half. Only thing I would say is a Cork full backline wouldnt leave that many goals or goal chances to KK Whistle . Looking forward to the replay.

Get away out of that ... you had your chance and ye fluffed it bigtime.

As for Donal Og's get up yesterday - I'm still laughing. Laugh

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Mon 08 Sep 2014, 8:44 pm

No argument on us fluffing it..majorly...our time always comes around. Unlike you lot....

As for D og...he was only showing you muck savages how to dress sophisticated like

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 09 Sep 2014, 7:31 pm

Really bad news for Tyler Bleyendall and Munster; he's picked up a serious neck injury playing ITM Cup for Canterbury. According to stuff.co.nz whether or not he will play for Munster this season is dependent on the outcome of the surgery he's about to have. Sounds like the best case scenario is still a long lay-off though.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/provincial/10478969/Season-cut-short-as-Bleyendaal-awaits-surgery

Never nice to hear about an injury like this. But it's not what Munster need right now either.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Tue 09 Sep 2014, 8:54 pm

Feck picard
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6