The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undertaker - If he is at WM who do you want him to face?

+8
Samo
Crimey
Kay Fabe
Prometheus
liverbnz
MIG
XR
DrDeath
12 posters

Go down

Undertaker - If he is at WM who do you want him to face? Empty Undertaker - If he is at WM who do you want him to face?

Post by DrDeath Fri 05 Sep 2014, 2:09 pm

I would like to see a rematch with Brock for the title, hell of a match, Taker wins the title and retires the next day on Raw handing back the belt

DrDeath

Back to top Go down

Undertaker - If he is at WM who do you want him to face? Empty Re: Undertaker - If he is at WM who do you want him to face?

Post by XR Fri 05 Sep 2014, 2:21 pm

No offence, that sounds dreadful. Build up a huge monster who pummels this generation's hulk hogan and have him lose to a guy he's already beaten who then gives the belt up the next day? Just no.

The only 2 matches there is for him is either Sting of John Cena. If it's against Sting, he wins but if it's Cena then taker loses. Cena/Taker would never have happened with the streak alive because people would crap on cena winning, but now cena can beat him, taker retire and the torch be passed without the big deal of a streak ending shrouding it all.

XR

Back to top Go down

Undertaker - If he is at WM who do you want him to face? Empty Re: Undertaker - If he is at WM who do you want him to face?

Post by MIG Fri 05 Sep 2014, 2:34 pm

I like the idea of Cena FINALLY turning heel and going mad and retiring Taker. Would be a great way for Taker to go out starting a massive new era with heel Cena.
Other than that I don't really see the point in him coming back now the streak is gone.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Fri 05 Sep 2014, 4:04 pm

His value has greatly diminished now the streak is gone. I can't see him coming back to be honest. I think he's done.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Fri 05 Sep 2014, 4:40 pm

I'm not really interested in seeing him in the ring again, but I would mark out for his entrance.

If it is going to be Brock vs Reigns for the WC, then I'd hate that to be interference. But if we go with the scenario that Reigns wins. Then, if he pins Brock, but Brock goes ape with anger at losing. I'd not be at all dis-chuffed with the bell tolling, the lights going out, and when the lights come on 'Taker is stood over Brock's flattened body raising the arm of Reigns as WM fades out. And if its too much for Taker to lay out Brock after being beaten last year, maybe a review of the tape on Raw the following night shows a set of knuckledusters on Taker's hand or something.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 06 Sep 2014, 8:45 am

Don't agree with anyone saying the Undertakers value has deminished, one loss doesn't kill his value, if anything it increases it, all those who felt his WM matches were predictable are now intrigued by the possibility of the great comeback match, he's got one more loss in him before his value drops

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 06 Sep 2014, 10:23 am

Kay Fabe wrote:Don't agree with anyone saying the Undertakers value has deminished, one loss doesn't kill his value,  if anything it increases it, all those who felt his WM matches were predictable are now intrigued by the possibility of the great comeback match, he's got one more loss in him before his value drops

I actually think his value has diminished more because of what he was like in the loss, rather than the loss itself. I'm not sure he has another match in him and the longer his body is pushed beyond its limits the worse his legacy will look at the end of it. If he can get back into seriously good shape than a match will definitely have a lot of value, like you said, it would be a comeback match, only the second Undertaker match where he's not defending The Streak. But if he can't get back into good shape, even if he's in similar shape to last year where aesthetically looked in shape but for me the match showed that he wasn't, he looked tired and basically broken. 

Even if he can get into fairly good shape, I can't see there being anybody on the roster who can actually bring a good match out of him. While people might want him to face Cena, that would be a recipe for a disaster for me because Cena tends to fall or rise to the level of his opponent, he can't carry the match. Bryan is probably the only person I'd fancy to get a good match out of Undertaker at his age and condition but I'd rather Bryan wasn't in that match but in the title match or another "main event" level match.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sat 06 Sep 2014, 12:10 pm

With The Undertaker in the condition he is in, and with the streak broken theres no appeal in the Undertaker and WrestleMania anymore. If he can get one more good match it should be used to put a young guy over but shouldnt be at Wrestlemania. Summerslam or Survivor Series would be a better place.

In the past few years Undertaker WAS the streak, it was all he did. Now its gone theres nothing really left. If he has one more match left in him, it should be a retirement match, and shouldnt be at WrestleMania.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Sat 06 Sep 2014, 5:54 pm

I wouldn't have him fight again. Just wait for Mania 31, then have him do some sort of retirement at Mania and let him go.
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 07 Sep 2014, 1:15 pm

I'd have his final match at the ppv where it all started, Survivor Series. Against Sting or Brock.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun 07 Sep 2014, 3:26 pm

Sting vs Undertaker would never live up to peoples expectations, so its probably best to leave it as a dream match that never happened.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by CenaNuff Sun 07 Sep 2014, 10:48 pm

I would have him face Cena. Maybe after the Cena/Brock feud, Cena becomes so obsessed with him that he feels he has to beat Taker to get his mojo back (the same route Brock went down) or something along those lines. And then just destroy Taker and turn heel.

Of course that would require Taker being in good enough shape to take a beatdown and a serious change in character from Cena - neither of which will ever happen.

So Taker shouldn't really come back.

CenaNuff

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 08 Sep 2014, 4:21 am

For me the Streak ended after Taker`s match with HHH at Mania 27 or whenever it was, when he had to be wheeled to the back because he physically couldn`t walk. The facade was broken. This was confirmed for me when he then returned and defeated HHH in the HIAC match after taking a crazy amount of punishment with HBK intervening too. I couldn`t suspend disbelief any longer as it was clear they had to go down the supernatural Taker gimmick in order to keep the Streak alive. I think HBK should have taken the Streak in his rematch and then both retired.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down