The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+30
Mad for Chelsea
lorus59
westisbest
I'm never wrong
skiddy
GunsGerms
Adam D
Be_the_ball
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
Plunky
Roller_Coaster
Bob_the_Job
MustPuttBetter
BlueCoverman
SmithersJones
Shotrock
gw
gaelgowfer
golfermartin
Davie
kwinigolfer
barragan
Sand
Diggers
pedro
incontinentia
beninho
navyblueshorts
McLaren
JAS
34 posters

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Tue 02 Sep 2014, 06:30

First topic message reminder :

McLaren wrote:Right now I would rather we still had Wellbeck and little pea and that Falcao had never arrived.  Not too impressed by the signing of Di Maria either.

"We"?? I'm surprised you associate yourself to an organisation that has squandered over £135 this summer, whilst there are homeless people on the streets and starving children in the world!! They could have spent £135m on those things and left the squad alone, finishing top half would still be ok wouldn't it? Especially if so many peoples lives were improved by redirecting transfer monies to charity.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Thu 09 Oct 2014, 15:47

I admit to liking the bake off. I have watched it over the champions league at times aswell this year. The winner was deserved.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by incontinentia Thu 09 Oct 2014, 15:58

super_realist wrote:Never seen it, but then again, I've hardly seen any of these modern blockbusting series.

You should give it a look super. It makes other "good" tv shows look crap. I tried to watch true blood after I finished it and couldn't, it just seemed crap in comparison!

Its very brainy though and hasn't much humour, but I'm sure you'd enjoy one of the main characters and his bashing of god-botherors. Smile
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 09 Oct 2014, 16:00

SOunds up my street. Are there any Irish or fat people in it?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Thu 09 Oct 2014, 16:04

super_realist wrote:SOunds up my street. Are there any Irish or fat people in it?

He said it's very brainy and not funny.. so he's already answered that.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Thu 09 Oct 2014, 16:07

No its set in Louisiana, they're all french-American. Plenty of fatties though.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Thu 09 Oct 2014, 16:19

True Detective is very good. It helps that both McConaughey and Harrelson are excellent actors.
Agreed that the ending to season 1 was the most disappointing bit!

I had heard that Colin Farrell is to be in season 2. Not sure about that. Hadn't heard about Vince Vaughn. Not sure about that either!

I've seen Vaughn in a serious role - Psycho. It was not a pretty sight!
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Thu 09 Oct 2014, 16:44

Funny how McConnaughey was always known for terrible romcom films, and in recent years he has gotten into more serious roles and has shown himself to be a very fine actor indeed.

His character in True Detective is one of my favourites of all time.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 09 Oct 2014, 21:19

Well with Farrell in the second season, there will be Irish representation in it.

I think he is a decent actor.

Loved In Bruges.

Brendan Gleeson was good in it to.

Some good Irish actors out there.

Liam Neeson probably the stand out one.

Am a fan of Cillian Murphy.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Fri 10 Oct 2014, 11:18

westisbest wrote:I have done well to avoid any spoilers from True Detective.
Sooner I watch it the better. Then can look forward to season 2.

The butler did it.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 10 Oct 2014, 16:07

Damn

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri 10 Oct 2014, 17:16

Keane's book is going around free in PDF format, be surprised if he makes 1000 quid from it!
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Sun 12 Oct 2014, 11:41

westisbest wrote:Well with Farrell in the second season, there will be Irish representation in it.

I found this comment really bizarre. I never look at actors and think about their nationality, it doesn't make the programme better or worse. Farrell isn't representing Ireland he's just doing a job.

Are you going to sit at home watching it in your Ireland shirt and scarf, cheering on Farrell in every scene?

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun 12 Oct 2014, 16:19

raycastleunited wrote:
westisbest wrote:Well with Farrell in the second season, there will be Irish representation in it.

I found this comment really bizarre. I never look at actors and think about their nationality, it doesn't make the programme better or worse. Farrell isn't representing Ireland he's just doing a job.

Are you going to sit at home watching it in your Ireland shirt and scarf, cheering on Farrell in every scene?

People in small countries with small man syndrome hang on to anything which links someone famous with that country.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 12 Oct 2014, 18:34

super_realist wrote:
raycastleunited wrote:

People in small countries with small man syndrome hang on to anything which links someone famous with that country.

Was more of a joke.

Of course actors don't represent their countries.

SR was asking if there was any Irish in the first season, there is in the second, hence the comment.

Hope that clears it up for you.OK

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 14 Oct 2014, 03:54

Iceland 2 vs Holland 0!

Dutch press blaming van Gaal. Don't you love it??!!

Imagine if Real Reykjavik had given Man Utd a pasting during Moyes's tenure.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Wed 15 Oct 2014, 06:18

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29624410

A very good article about Borussia Dortmund and their connection to real football fans.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Wed 15 Oct 2014, 08:40

lorus59 wrote:http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29624410

A very good article about Borussia Dortmund and their connection to real football fans.

I just read that too this morning. Good read and looks like a great club to support. It's telling that there appear to be many "fans" going from England for a trip and it costing less overall than a visit to some premier league clubs. A football club for football fans. clap

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 15 Oct 2014, 08:57

Great result for Ireland against the world champions, 1-1 in Germany! Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 3559488474 notworthy Bubblyguinness  OK Yahoo Leprechaun
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Wed 15 Oct 2014, 09:02

The Scots, Welsh and both Irish teams seem to be upwardly mobile at the moment. Also some of the giants of European football seem to to be suffering.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 15 Oct 2014, 09:51

Great result indeed.

Nerver say die attitude.
Super John on his 100th cap.

Scotland v ROI next month will be a massive game.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 15 Oct 2014, 10:54

The Scots will get their kilts handed to them. How come there isn't a GB soccer team?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 15 Oct 2014, 11:03

incontinentia wrote:The Scots will get their kilts handed to them. How come there isn't a GB soccer team?

The English would complain because they wouldn't get any players in it.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 15 Oct 2014, 12:46

super_realist wrote:
incontinentia wrote:The Scots will get their kilts handed to them. How come there isn't a GB soccer team?

Meanwhile, back on planet Earth.....
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 15 Oct 2014, 13:07

navyblueshorts wrote:
super_realist wrote:

It was meant to be cynical, but I actually think you could probably combine a Scottish/Ireland (N & S) and Leek muncher XI which could be more successful than the current England team.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Wed 15 Oct 2014, 13:08

super_realist wrote:

Haha nice one.

Seriously, over the last 20 years I wonder how many Scots and Norn Ire players would have played for Team GB. I can't think of any.

Wales would have had a smattering of players in the squad, and of course a couple of world class players too. Must be so disappointing for someone like Giggs to never play in a World Cup or Euros. I guess he took the opportunity while all his mates were away on international duty to go on the pull in search of shallow bimbos.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Wed 15 Oct 2014, 13:22

raycastleunited wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Haha nice one.

Seriously, over the last 20 years I wonder how many Scots and Norn Ire players would have played for Team GB. I can't think of any.

Wales would have had a smattering of players in the squad, and of course a couple of world class players too. Must be so disappointing for someone like Giggs to never play in a World Cup or Euros. I guess he took the opportunity while all his mates were away on international duty to go on the pull in search of shallow bimbos.

Didn't he just go round his brother's house to watch Family Guy?

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 15 Oct 2014, 13:23

Roller_Coaster wrote:
lorus59 wrote:http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29624410

I just read that too this morning. Good read and looks like a great club to support. It's telling that there appear to be many "fans" going from England for a trip and it costing less overall than a visit to some premier league clubs. A football club for football fans. clap
Most English PL clubs have sold out games week in week out. Can't see the big incentive to reduce ticket prices? Surely your don't take the family to a PL game anymore (far too expensive) but if the stadia are filled to capacity who's to argue with the businessmen running the clubs? I know which model I prefer, but money talks?

As an aside most Bundesliga clubs have a policy similar to Dortmund (not sure about Bayern though) and the Bundesliga has the highest average attendance in the world.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 15 Oct 2014, 13:28

What I like about German football is that it follows what appears to be a very sustainable model.
I'm not sure the English "product" can carry on at such rip off levels. Hopefully it will eat itself soon.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 15 Oct 2014, 13:29

super_realist wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
super_realist wrote:

It was meant to be cynical, but I actually think you could probably combine a Scottish/Ireland (N & S) and Leek muncher XI which could be more successful than the current England team.
I think the FA should form a committee of 12 former losers to figure out how to run the English team in the future. Moyes could be consultant. Whistle

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 15 Oct 2014, 13:44

raycastleunited wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Haha nice one.

Keith Gillespie and Roy Carroll may have got one as as wing and GK have been areas of weakness for England. Joe Hart is one of the worst keepers in the world for example.

For Scotland Id say Colin Hendrie would have been capped and possibly McAlastair.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 15 Oct 2014, 14:38

Darren Fletcher would easily have gotten in a GB team.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 15 Oct 2014, 14:41

Duncan Ferguson might have too.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 15 Oct 2014, 14:52

Alan Hutton would also have a chance given how terrible English right backs have been since Gary Neville retired.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 15 Oct 2014, 14:58

Nah, he's mince Mac, Andy Robertson from Hull is very good though.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 15 Oct 2014, 15:31

McLaren wrote:Darren Fletcher would easily may have gotten into a GB team.
Fixed that for you Mac. Think nothing of it kiss .
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Wed 15 Oct 2014, 16:12

Carroll: no. spent most of his career on the bench, never established himself as a premier league keeper, even mediocre keepers like David James, Scot Carson, Rob Green and Ian Walker are miles ahead of him.

Gillespie: might have got in a couple of squads in the late 90s when he was at Newcastle. But way behind Beckham, Speed etc.

Gary McAllister: yes.

Hendry: don't think so.

Drunken Ferguson: yes

Darren Fletcher: possible ocasional squad player. If Carrick is unable to get a game for England then Fletcher would have no chance for GB.

Hutton: haha no chance.

Some of the Scottish keepers would be in there: Forster, Gordon, even Andy Goram and Jim Leighton (he was still around 20 years ago wasn't he?).

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 15 Oct 2014, 16:14

Forster is English.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 15 Oct 2014, 16:16

How about McFadden, he scored some great International goals.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 15 Oct 2014, 16:27

Somehow I missed this but apparently there is a full frontal (Winkle and all) shot of Ben Affleck getting out the shower in gone girl. I have seen the movie and failed to notice this. Is it really there or do we get a pansy edited version int he UK?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 15 Oct 2014, 16:30

Why would you care Mac?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 15 Oct 2014, 16:32

It is relevant because it is rare to see a Winkle is mainstream movies, and I am also interested to find out if us brits got a pansy version of the movie.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 15 Oct 2014, 16:34

SOunds like you're a bit keen to see other mens Winkle mac

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 16 Oct 2014, 11:22

I love this headline ( http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/oct/16/unchristian-ukip-family-values-healthcare-welfare )

"There’s nothing unchristian about Ukip’s family values"

How true.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 16 Oct 2014, 11:35

Why on earth did the Gruadian print a story like that? Who gives a toss about the gullible fairy tale beliefs of an UKIP member? How is it remotely relevant to anything?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 16 Oct 2014, 11:41

Super

I have not read the article, but just thought it funny that it is in fact true that the bible has nothing to say that would prevent someone believing the cruel policies of UKIP.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 16 Oct 2014, 11:45

The bible is one of the cruelest, intolerant, bigoted, anti-women, least moral and most reprehensible books going, so perhaps it does have more in common then you might think.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Thu 16 Oct 2014, 12:20

Alan Hutton, Keith Gillespie, Darren Fletcher and Roy Carroll would all have gotten in a UK side??
What have i just read?! Ha ha! Laugh clap
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 16 Oct 2014, 12:30

I would like to know what players you would rank ahead of fletcher when he was in his prime, around 2006 to 2011?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 16 Oct 2014, 12:37

As a Villa fan, dont rate Hutton(dont shoot me down again CC if your reading this).

Although was at the Villa/Newcastle game earlier this season and he had the best game in a Villa shirt I've seen.

Played well.

More of the same please Alan OK

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 16 Oct 2014, 12:55

Darren Fletcher had a decent spell, but has never been a consistent figure in the United team. He could have got into the England squad, but I do not think he was any better then Owen Hargreaves, when he had his purple patch for England. Roy Carroll though!

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next