The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+30
Mad for Chelsea
lorus59
westisbest
I'm never wrong
skiddy
GunsGerms
Adam D
Be_the_ball
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
Plunky
Roller_Coaster
Bob_the_Job
MustPuttBetter
BlueCoverman
SmithersJones
Shotrock
gw
gaelgowfer
golfermartin
Davie
kwinigolfer
barragan
Sand
Diggers
pedro
incontinentia
beninho
navyblueshorts
McLaren
JAS
34 posters

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 12 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Tue 02 Sep 2014, 6:30 am

First topic message reminder :

McLaren wrote:Right now I would rather we still had Wellbeck and little pea and that Falcao had never arrived.  Not too impressed by the signing of Di Maria either.

"We"?? I'm surprised you associate yourself to an organisation that has squandered over £135 this summer, whilst there are homeless people on the streets and starving children in the world!! They could have spent £135m on those things and left the squad alone, finishing top half would still be ok wouldn't it? Especially if so many peoples lives were improved by redirecting transfer monies to charity.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 12 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by incontinentia Wed 08 Oct 2014, 8:39 am

Brian O' Driscoll always seemed like a sound chap.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 12 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by westisbest Wed 08 Oct 2014, 8:44 am

Yeah, always thought that myself.
Great player and seems like a great man to.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 08 Oct 2014, 9:04 am

I've heard Paul Lawrie is a p rick.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 08 Oct 2014, 9:17 am

I don't think i have ever met a sportsman, or even a celebrity. I have seen Mark Ramprakash and Angus Fraser in my local sainsbury, and PC Dave Quinan from the Bill, but that about it.

Am playing golf on saturday, first time in over 3months, since the boy was born. I have not even swung a club in that time. And being a hacker anyway, it could be interesting...potential for an airshot on the first!

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 08 Oct 2014, 9:55 am

How is fatherhood going ben?

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 08 Oct 2014, 10:45 am

“I rang Mark Hughes. Robbie [Savage] wasn’t in the Blackburn team and I asked Mark if we could try to arrange a deal. Sparky said: ‘Yeah, yeah, he’s lost his way here but he could still do a job for you.’ Robbie’s legs were going a bit but I thought he might come up to us [at Sunderland], with his long hair, and give us a lift – the way Yorkie [Dwight Yorke] had, a big personality in the dressing room. Sparky gave me permission to give him a call. So I got Robbie’s mobile number and rang him. It went to his voicemail: ‘Hi, it’s Robbie – whazzup!’ like the Budweiser ad. I never called him back. I thought: ‘I can’t be Frak signing that.’”

I like Roy Keane!

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 08 Oct 2014, 10:48 am

west, Fatherhood is wonderful, greatest thing ever! Hard going, but not as hard as i had imagined. Maybe i built it up worse, Little man does not like sleeping during the day, but is already (at times) sleeping well at night. Got him down by 11 last night and he slept through till 6. Though i am struggling to walk past a shop without wanting to buy him something to wear, which i need to stop with the wife only on maternity pay.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 08 Oct 2014, 11:24 am

beninho wrote:“I rang Mark Hughes. Robbie [Savage] wasn’t in the Blackburn team and I asked Mark if we could try to arrange a deal. Sparky said: ‘Yeah, yeah, he’s lost his way here but he could still do a job for you.’ Robbie’s legs were going a bit but I thought he might come up to us [at Sunderland], with his long hair, and give us a lift – the way Yorkie [Dwight Yorke] had, a big personality in the dressing room. Sparky gave me permission to give him a call. So I got Robbie’s mobile number and rang him. It went to his voicemail: ‘Hi, it’s Robbie – whazzup!’ like the Budweiser ad. I never called him back. I thought: ‘I can’t be Frak signing that.’”

I like Roy Keane!

Very funny.

Robbie Savage, not a fan of his at all.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 08 Oct 2014, 11:30 am

beninho wrote:west, Fatherhood is wonderful, greatest thing ever! Hard going, but not as hard as i had imagined. Maybe i built it up worse, Little man does not like sleeping during the day, but is already (at times) sleeping well at night. Got him down by 11 last night and he slept through till 6. Though i am struggling to walk past a shop without wanting to buy him something to wear, which i need to stop with the wife only on maternity pay.

It is great.

Love every minute of it.
My boy is 1 on the 24th, has flown by.

Even the crying(which he hasn't done as much as I thought he would) and the sleepless nights have all been woth it.

When I see him smiling, laughing, learning and enjoying his life.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 08 Oct 2014, 11:31 am

Did anyone watch the show about cats on bbc 2 last night?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 08 Oct 2014, 11:39 am

Just you Mac.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 08 Oct 2014, 11:40 am

McLaren wrote:Did anyone watch the show about cats on bbc 2 last night?
Yes, it was excellent mclaren, as i'm sure you will attest. Theres so much we can learn from cats.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 08 Oct 2014, 12:42 pm

super_realist wrote:Just you Mac.
No. Actually, I watched it. I like cats but thought I'd broaden my understanding of them in a wider sense as well raspberry.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 08 Oct 2014, 12:47 pm

I ran over a cat once.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 08 Oct 2014, 12:48 pm

I hit a cat not long ago. I was distraught. I stopped but could not see it, hopefully it was ok. It is a horrible feeling.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 08 Oct 2014, 12:50 pm

Ach, just a cat Ben. Hopefully it didn't damage your car. I'm keen to run over a Staffie.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 08 Oct 2014, 1:39 pm

super_realist wrote:I ran over a cat once.

Me too. On the street i live on. I got out the car and it must have broken it's neck or something as it was flipping around all over the place. Some woman who was standing in her garden came over and said 'did someone run over it, did you see?' and i said 'yeah, me, do you know who's it is?'.....her reply, 'mine'. Damn it! Her daughter came out and they were all crying. It was a bit awkward..........
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 08 Oct 2014, 1:44 pm

A bit awkward that one MPB, but if you own a cat, I suppose you have to expect it's a real possibility old Tiddles will end up underneath a tyre at some point.

That must have been a right "I'll get my coat" moment.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 08 Oct 2014, 1:59 pm

It was a bit! What do you say?! 'What was his name? Ah that's sweet. He's dead now isn't he, oh well, bye....'

I did have some flowers delivered, so she wouldn't feel the need to come and smash my windows in, and she put a thank you card through the door with her mobile number on it saying 'if you ever want to go for a drink...'
That was awkward too! Ha
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 08 Oct 2014, 2:04 pm

NIce touch MPB.

Sounds like she fancied you too.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 08 Oct 2014, 2:05 pm

She was massive so we did not go for a drink, plus the mrs had got to the card long before me!

I've tried running over a few cats with more attractive owners since but it's not a 100% success rate in terms of a pulling technique
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 08 Oct 2014, 2:16 pm

I had a cat that was the victim of a hit and run. The body was found dumped on a nearby construction site.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 08 Oct 2014, 2:23 pm

Hit and Run? There's no obligation to even stop Mac so consider yourself lucky someone scraped it off the road for you.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 08 Oct 2014, 2:51 pm

I'm surprised the intestine strewn scene of your vehicular caticide wasn't a more successful hunting ground for you MPB. Have you tried weddings?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 08 Oct 2014, 3:13 pm

Back in school I told a girl I had seen a cat beeing run over on some street nearby. It wasn’t true, I was just trying to be cool (the way you think you’d be if you were in 5th grade I suppose). When she asked whether it had this and this color and features I just confirmed. But then she started freaking out and crying as she thought it was her cat!! Sh!t!
Obviously she later found out it nothing had happened - but even though it’s many years ago I still think about sometimes…  Sad Sorry

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 08 Oct 2014, 3:49 pm

incontinentia wrote:I'm surprised the intestine strewn scene of your vehicular caticide wasn't a more successful hunting ground for you MPB. Have you tried weddings?

In seriousness, considering i haven't actually yet attempted to slaughter more cats in romantic pursuit, it's actually 1 from 1 so a 100% success rate. Give it a go Inco!
Doesn't sound like it worked so well for Pedro, but to be fair i am f-ing good looking which is a bit of a head start thumbsup

Btw, Wedding Crashers is one of my all time favourite films. I used to hate both Vince Vaughn and Will Ferrell until i saw that film. Still hate Will Ferrell in everything since but VV has grown on me.
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 08 Oct 2014, 3:55 pm

What a bonkers cat thread! Laugh

Here's a heck of a 4-iron:

Spoiler:
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 08 Oct 2014, 4:00 pm

MustPuttBetter wrote:
incontinentia wrote:I'm surprised the intestine strewn scene of your vehicular caticide wasn't a more successful hunting ground for you MPB. Have you tried weddings?

In seriousness, considering i haven't actually yet attempted to slaughter more cats in romantic pursuit, it's actually 1 from 1 so a 100% success rate. Give it a go Inco!
Doesn't sound like it worked so well for Pedro, but to be fair i am f-ing good looking which is a bit of a head start thumbsup

Btw, Wedding Crashers is one of my all time favourite films. I used to hate both Vince Vaughn and Will Ferrell until i saw that film. Still hate Will Ferrell in everything since but VV has grown on me.

Thought I was the only one who didn't like Ferrell.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 08 Oct 2014, 4:02 pm

Not really a fan myself.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 08 Oct 2014, 4:15 pm

Never got him either. Can't understand why he's supposed to be popular. Bit of a d0pe head really. Same with Vince Vaughn.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 08 Oct 2014, 4:17 pm

Elf is one of the greatest films ever made. Will Ferrell could make nothing but horrendous films after that and he would still be in credit. The first Anchorman is also good. 60% of the time it works all the time.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 08 Oct 2014, 4:18 pm

Never really got the fuss about Anchorman, most over-rated film I've ever seen.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 08 Oct 2014, 4:19 pm

navy

Is the guy in the video Snedeker?

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 08 Oct 2014, 4:25 pm

Not seen Anchorman, no desire to.

Do like Vince Vaughn.
Think he does the comedy films very well.

I find him very funny to watch.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Wed 08 Oct 2014, 4:36 pm

McLaren wrote:navy

Is the guy in the video Snedeker?

Yes, it was posted to WRX recently. Comments on there tried to show that the European Tour had previously done something like that some time ago.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 08 Oct 2014, 4:40 pm

David Howell seems to be involved in a lot of these wheezes, for example, Hitting a golf ball off a tall building in Dubai to a green on a boat, hitting a gong in the middle of a lake in Oireland, clay pigeon shooting (I think Simon Khan won this)
and others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM5htbBqG2U

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 08 Oct 2014, 4:46 pm

Can't stand watching actors/comedians who are so clearly dru gged up. Eddie Murphy the old version also springs to mind.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 08 Oct 2014, 9:05 pm

Just watching Jack Dee.

Guy cracks me up.

Great comedian.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Thu 09 Oct 2014, 1:31 pm

westisbest wrote:Not seen Anchorman, no desire to.

Do like Vince Vaughn.
Think he does the comedy films very well.

I find him very funny to watch.

I love Dodgeball, one of my all time favourite films. Vaughn and Stiller at their finest.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Thu 09 Oct 2014, 1:41 pm

Vince Vaughn is to be in the new series of true detective, be interesting to see him in a serious/non comedic role.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 09 Oct 2014, 1:44 pm

Yeah, saw that.

Not seen the first series, told the other half she could get that for my birthday.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Thu 09 Oct 2014, 1:51 pm

Its excellent westi, one of the best shows I've seen.

One of the main characters describes himself as a realist and is scathingly critical of religion, sound like anyone we know?!
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 09 Oct 2014, 3:20 pm

He never told us he was in True Detective, kept that quiet Smile

Looking forward to watching it.

I see Colin Farrell is in the second series to.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 09 Oct 2014, 3:22 pm

Strange all these big "stars" doing TV shows these days.

Trouble with American series is they have far too many episodes. I can never get through them.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 09 Oct 2014, 3:36 pm

The other thing with some of them, is there are to many seasons.

Eg Lost. Really enjoyed the first 4 seasons, the last 2 I thought were poor.

The ending I though was a let down.

Could have wrapped it up after 4 seasons.

Then you get the shows that are good, but only last one season. Eg Flashforward.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 09 Oct 2014, 3:38 pm

True Detective is very good, maybe a little let down at the end. And only 10 episodes. The shootout scene, is one of the best TV scenes ive ever seen

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 09 Oct 2014, 3:39 pm

Never seen it, but then again, I've hardly seen any of these modern blockbusting series.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 09 Oct 2014, 3:39 pm

What about the GBBO winner?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 09 Oct 2014, 3:42 pm

These "games shows masquerading as talent shows " have to go.

Well done, you can bake a cake, sing a song, dance, ice skate, dive. Big deal.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 09 Oct 2014, 3:43 pm

I have done well to avoid any spoilers from True Detective.
Sooner I watch it the better. Then can look forward to season 2.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next