The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 2 Results

Go down

Week 2 Results Empty Week 2 Results

Post by Hero Wed 24 Sep 2014, 1:55 pm

Verona 3-1 Basel
(Assombalonga, Sturridge, Castaignos – Delgado)

Different set ups from the two teams and whilst I can see Basel’s central spine having the majority of the possession I can’t see them posing as much of a threat in the box. I have an issue with the commands to Basel’s wingbacks with the statement for them to play a reserved game yet in the same sentence to then get forward constantly and ‘bomb in a pair’. For me this is Basel’s downfall, firstly the mixed signals and secondly against the class and speed of Verona’s wings I think they’d be caught out and once losing to an early goal through Verona’s early push then they are ripe for more. I’m also concerned as what the instruction to Campbell to ‘dirty wide’ could be and hope it’s not akin to Lineker at Italia 90.

tactics:

Bordeaux 2-0 PAOK
(Quintero, Lacazette)

Nando’s got a nice core of players at his disposal but I wonder if he’s gone a tad top heavy with both Drogba and Bojan having to sit on the bench. Alonso controls the game whilst Quintero shows his class in the hole.

tactics:

Bremen 0-0 Palermo

Miky makes it quite apparent he’s aware of Palermo’s pacey attack and that his players are making themselves available for the ball, I do though like the balance to Miky’s team, despite the injury to Badstuber in RL the  defence of Bremen is the best in the league and I think they’ll shut down the opposition, unfortunately for Miky though his attack doesn’t quite match up and it results in a stalement with both sides nullifying the opponents.

tactics:

Genk 1-2 Montpellier
(Ibrahimovic – Origi, Ward Prowse)

Can Montpeiller’s defence stop Ibra? No, but at the same time I also cannot see Genk’s defence holding out either. The instructions to the WBs for Genk to get forward at every opportunity combined with the lack of speed in Genk’s central core and aging legs leaves me concerned they’re open to Pirlo and Clasie’s passrates with the youthful and energetic attack quartet dragging them apart. Their energy begins to dissipate as the game advances and Genk look for an equaliser but the introduction of Kehl to park the bus frustrates Treb’s team to hold onto the victory.

tactics:

Getafe 3-4 Granada
(Son x2, Berabtov, - Berardi x2, Brahimi, Streller)
Both sides clearly exploit the weaknesses of the other to good effect in what is the game of the day. Viva’s centrebacks would struggle to catch Oscar Pistorius without his blades whilst Son instructed to come inside against a young Jedvaj allows him to put on a show. With Xavi being zonal marked it does allow him to put on a masterclass in the centre of the pitch.

tactics:

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down