The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come on Scarlets - as nobody else has a thread up.

+4
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
The Saint
VinceWLB
ME-109
8 posters

Go down

Come on Scarlets - as nobody else has a thread up. Empty Come on Scarlets - as nobody else has a thread up.

Post by ME-109 Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:06 pm

Half time and is 18-13. Scarlets being very competitive and hopefully can keep going for the full 80...

Great defensively and when they get the ball they look dangerous.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Come on Scarlets - as nobody else has a thread up. Empty Re: Come on Scarlets - as nobody else has a thread up.

Post by VinceWLB Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:10 pm

It's a shame Scarlets doesn't have Gareth Davies, he is so much better than Aled Davies.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Come on Scarlets - as nobody else has a thread up. Empty Re: Come on Scarlets - as nobody else has a thread up.

Post by ME-109 Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:28 pm

Great defence from Scarlets...still hanging in there.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:37 pm

VinceWLB wrote:It's a shame Scarlets doesn't have Gareth Davies, he is so much better than Aled Davies.

True. Aled is too error prone.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:37 pm

It would be nice if JP Doyle could ref both teams at the breakdown this half.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:38 pm

Let off....and good clearance.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:38 pm

Ref pretty tough on us, Toulon swimming all over the ball but the ref just shrugs his shoulders, scarlets compete we get yellow carded ouch,
Toulon defensive line seem to be a few meters off side at every ruck.

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:38 pm

Still in it

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:40 pm

If thats a maul then isnt it a penalty for Scarlets because it was pulled down?

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:43 pm

So many small bloody mistakes killing the Scarlets here. :/

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:44 pm

High tackle by Armitage unpunished, Pitman received a YC for his in the first half, so some of this getting a bit ridiculous for me. These decisions can be a game-changer.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:44 pm

Scarlets too free and easy with the hand passing there when they were down the Toulon end. Not against Toulon please

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:44 pm

Come on lying all in the way and we get stung for it FFS
But we all knew the English ref is never going to give a fair contest in the back yard of the back to back champions

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:46 pm

I really think that the game should be stopped when someone is prone. Not wanting it to turn into soccer or anything but its more likely in Rugby that the player is more seriously injured.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:46 pm

DeludedOptimistorjustDave wrote:Come on lying all in the way and we get stung for it FFS
But we all knew the English ref is never going to give a fair contest in the back yard of the back to back champions

He is Irish...well at least Irish born

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:49 pm

Need points thou because i got the feeling Toulon score at the death and we come away with zero points, at least leaving with a bouns point would be ok.

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:50 pm

Why are Scarlets so late to make substitutions?

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:51 pm

Silly

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:51 pm

Stupid by Phillips. He's another one well out of his depth at this level.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:54 pm

Saint not wanting to get into another ref discussion but he has blown up on a number of occassions for Scarlets but in a lot of cases its up to scarlets to clear out...they arent committing enough to the breakdown from what I can see. Last penalty case in point...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:57 pm

ME-109 wrote:Saint not wanting to get into another ref discussion but he has blown up on a number of occassions for Scarlets but in a lot of cases its up to scarlets to clear out...they arent committing enough to the breakdown from what I can see. Last penalty case in point...

Toulon are good at the breakdown with all their SH players they would be. You're right that Scarlets aren't quick enough to breakdown, that's because of a: playing 20 mins with 14 men. b: Aaron Shingler.
Still, when they do get numbers there it hasn't been a fair contest on too many occasions, yet the cards are only coming out for one team.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:58 pm

To be fair how can the scarlets defend fatties lying all over the ball coming in off there feet at any angle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:01 pm

Robinson couldn't score in a brothel. So glad he's not at the Blues any more.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:02 pm

True and true...always going to be hard away though

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:04 pm

Christ that Toulon player was clearly on the floor when he took the ball! Facepalm!

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:05 pm

And it happened again.... Double facepalm.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:07 pm

Am i alone in feeling the ref has not had his best day?

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:08 pm

Well good on the Scarlets at the end there, they deserved something IMO. Not impressed with Doyle at all, this hasn't been a fair contest on too many an occasion.

As for next game, Davies at 6 and Barclay at 7. I think you should try that.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:08 pm

SEE COME ON we compete we get pinged they throw the themselves off there feet hands straight in the ruck pull the ball out ref says play on, disgusting.
Oh don't forget Toulon only knock it back they NEVER knock it on.

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:09 pm

How are Toulon players allowed to play the ball on the ground is beyond me, there is a particular rule for Lobbe it seems. This is pathetic

Glad Toulon didn't get the bonus point and that the Scarlets scored at the end

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:11 pm

There you go from the mouth of Barnes we are crap and don't have a chance of getting out of the pool Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:21 pm

What was up with the home "fans" boing at the end?

I remember it was the same at Clermont last year after the Scarlets scored a consolation try at the end.

I can't imagine this happening at proper rugby venue like Munster, Leinster or Leicester...

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:23 pm

They boo all the time...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:57 pm

Pity they didn't hang on for a losing BP, how did players like Li Williams, Pitman Priestland and Lee go?
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:04 pm

VinceWLB wrote:What was up with the home "fans" boing at the end?

I remember it was the same at Clermont last year after the Scarlets scored a consolation try at the end.

I can't imagine this happening at proper rugby venue like Munster, Leinster or Leicester...
I imagine they were booing their own side, who they fully expected to get a bonus point win.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:23 pm

Cyril wrote:
VinceWLB wrote:What was up with the home "fans" boing at the end?

I imagine they were booing their own side, who they fully expected to get a bonus point win.
How did your team do this weekend? cyril.
I forgot you don't support any team you just trail posts on 606 with some crap sarcastic comment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:24 pm

Steady on, view lad! I wasn't making a judgment, just commenting that the Toulon fans (like Armitage when interviewed) were disappointed only to come away with 4 points.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:42 pm

It is pretty common knowledge at this point that French fans like to boo anyone and anything, and mostly like to do it to their own sides for whatever transgessions they deem the side to have indulged in.

It's probably more a game of 'fun' audience participation than it being all too serious.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down