The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scarlets vs tigers

+25
The Saint
offload
quinsforever
XR
BuzzScarlet
Mad for Chelsea
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
Welshmushroom
TJ
Chunky Norwich
Breadvan
2ndtimeround
SecretFly
doctor_grey
maestegmafia
George Carlin
formerly known as Sam
ME-109
Welly
VinceWLB
LeinsterFan4life
glamorganalun
king_carlos
cakeordeath
nathan
29 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

scarlets vs tigers - Page 3 Empty scarlets vs tigers

Post by nathan Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:51 pm

First topic message reminder :

Anyone watching?

nathan

Back to top Go down

scarlets vs tigers - Page 3 Empty Re: scarlets vs tigers

Post by Welly Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:00 am

Well lets not get started on the love octagon Leinster have with refs

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzScarlet Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:05 am

Poopie, we'll never be loved that much! Anyway, happy with that result, we've been due a win in Europe v the tigers for a long time. Can't say I'm confident about getting a result in the return fixture though.

BuzzScarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:26 am

Woah - well done Scarlets on an amazing result.

How can that Tigers side crush the likes of Ulster and then just not turn up the following week in Wales?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:27 am

Great result for Scarlets considering all their injury issues.

Anyone know how the welsh squad players that left the field yesterday are doing?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:57 am

With all their injuries and how their scrum struggled in the 1st half i really never never thought Scarlets would win but they showed their decent performance against Toulon wasn't a fluke after all, they are looking a better team than Ulster in this pool so far.

Injury to Pitman is really bad news but at least they can now bring Hala'whateverhisnameis into the team, oh wait..

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:01 am

I thought Priestland had an average game. When Shingler (another fly-half) came on to play inside him it looks as if he played a bit better. Goes to show that RP isn't a pressure player. Anyone else notice this?

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:25 am

George Carlin wrote:Woah - well done Scarlets on an amazing result.

How can that Tigers side crush the likes of Ulster and then just not turn up the following week in Wales?
That's a weird one, eh mate? For no particular reason I have a feeling it could be that kind of year.

And lookie at Glasgow. Ever so quietly, thay are not too bad.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:45 am

Nothing quiet about Glasgow, the bastereauds! Wink

We've been warning AP and Top14 about them but they weren't listening til now.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:56 am

doctor_grey wrote:
George Carlin wrote:Woah - well done Scarlets on an amazing result.

That's a weird one, eh mate?  For no particular reason I have a feeling it could be that kind of year.  

And lookie at Glasgow.  Ever so quietly, thay are not too bad.
The Doc complimented Glasgow! Am so proud.scarlets vs tigers - Page 3 Yesss14
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:34 pm

SecretFly - yes you probably did warn abouot Glasgow, but I can't remember. No matter really and I will take your word for it. I deserve a break because I can barely remember what I had for breakfast today (looked a bit like gelatinised brains but coloured yellow, probably were eggs)

Georgie, I don't hand out compliments like that every day. Some years ago, I remember saying some girl was not too bad. I think I ended up marrying her, but I can't remember that either. Must be the same woman who is in the house a lot. What's her name now???

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:36 pm

So there's truth in the rumour that doctors drink heavily on school nights?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:47 pm

doctor_grey wrote:SecretFly - yes you probably did warn abouot Glasgow, but I can't remember.  No matter really and I will take your word for it.  I deserve a break because I can barely remember what I had for breakfast today (looked a bit like gelatinised brains but coloured yellow, probably were eggs)

Makes two of us, doc.  I seriously need a break too.... maybe after the AIs I'll take the entire winter off.  Some will be very pleased if I do - me mostly!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:47 pm

George - Never drink on school nights - only before surgery. Injured people are messy.
Fly - never give up, never, never, never.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:06 pm

quinsforever wrote:scarlets won. 5 cheapshots - zero. congrats. what an advert for the game.

I was actually at the game and Tigers hooker should of been red carded early on for throwing punches, probably off camera as it was nowhere near the play but right in front of the north stand, he did the same on a few occasions, Tigers underestimated Scarlets and completely lost any composure when things didn't go their way. The teams invariably complaining about Liam Williams tend to be the ones that think their the only ones allowed to play hard, the Scarlet's picked up so many injuries we finished up with a winger playing no 8 and even on the final whistle the Tigers players try to start a mass brawl.
Yes your right, what an advert for the game, if you can't handle losing!!!!!!

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:12 pm

2ndtimeround wrote:
quinsforever wrote:scarlets won. 5 cheapshots - zero. congrats. what an advert for the game.

I was actually at the game and Tigers hooker should of been red carded early on for throwing punches, probably off camera as it was nowhere near the play but right in front of the north stand, he did the same on a few occasions, Tigers underestimated Scarlets and completely lost any composure when things didn't go their way. The teams invariably complaining about Liam Williams tend to be the ones that think their the only ones allowed to play hard, the Scarlet's picked up so many injuries we finished up with a winger playing no 8 and even on the final whistle the Tigers players try to start a mass brawl.
Yes your right, what an advert for the game, if you can't handle losing!!!!!!
what a one-eyed comment. every cheap shot i have seen liam williams put in (and there have been at least 10 in the last 2 seasons) has been when his team is invariably losing.

i bet you also think mike philips is a clean, model rugby player Laugh

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:14 pm

By punches you presumably mean swinging at the arms of a player holding onto your shirt? Start red carding for that and you'll never have enough players on the field to finish the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:14 pm

Welly wrote:He was a league homer.

He Loves you.

In fact I have here a email he wrote to scarlets earlier today:

Dear Scarlets

I love you so much today I will give you a free pass ticket where you can do, what you want, when you want on who you want. For you are amazing and hopefully one day when you are ready we can live together.

Looking forward to see you again.
 Forever yours

Lacey
 XXX

P.S. Give Liam Williams and extra special hug from me.

Wink
God there are some total Muppets on this site these days, remembering big time why I stopped bothering to visit 606.
It used to be mainly sensible conversation, albeit sometimes heated. Now its just become playground nonsense.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by wrfc1980 Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:15 pm

2ndtimearound. Be honest with yourself there's a reason Williams has got a poor rep. He's a fantastic talent but you have to admit he's been involved in a number of cheap shots in the last couple of seasons. He's a nasty price of work which spoils his undoubted talent.

wrfc1980

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:16 pm

If you're that sensitive maybe it's better if you continue to not bother tbh.

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:16 pm

ta-rah then. thanks for stopping by.

dont let the door hit you on the way out.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:17 pm

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:By punches you presumably mean swinging at the arms of a player holding onto your shirt? Start red carding for that and you'll never have enough players on the field to finish the game.

No by punches I mean closed fist shots to the back of a player bending over, it happened about 20 metres in front of my seat.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:22 pm

presumably he'll get cited then.

pretty hard to hit the back of a player bending over unless you're rather close to his a4se!

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:23 pm

wrfc1980 wrote:2ndtimearound. Be honest with yourself there's a reason Williams has got a poor rep. He's a fantastic talent but you have to admit he's been involved in a number of cheap shots in the last couple of seasons. He's a nasty price of work which spoils his undoubted talent.

Sanjay is the kind of passionate 100% full on player that most sides would have, he has made a name for himself from 1 or 2 brain farts but I guess when your one of the smaller players on the field you can get carried away making up for it, he is still young and learning all the time, I have no doubt he will be one of the best 15's Wales have had for a long time, its just a pity that we will most likely lose him then to the big money clubs.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:25 pm

2ndTimeRound I don't think we underestimated the Scarlets. In fact we changed our tactics to try and limit their opportunity for open field running. Generally it worked. Scarlets only threatened through their excellent number 5 otherwise we looked alright in defence. The issues we had were the likes of Allen and Benjamin were a long way short of full fitness and cost us a net 14 points. The likes if Tait and Gibson looked exhausted but with our plethora of injuries there's little chance to test them.

In the end we were awful and the Scarlets were sharp enough to make us pay.

There was a bit of handbags but nothing serious. Phillips got into Ghilrildini early doors and after that the Tigers hooked was fired up. They're both big boys going head to head occasionally front rowers do that. I think the brawl at the end came from a Scarlets player given a furious Geordie came right up to the pitch to lecture someone in the mêlée. Certainly Tigers were a touch lucky there as they let their frustrations surface and they all piled in.
The only clear cut thing was the late hit on Williams and the high tackle by Thorn both were picked up and dealt correctly by the ref.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:37 pm

Both teams were hit hard by injuries, the big difference for me yesterday was Pivac has the Scarlets playing at a quicker pace both in attack and defence, the Tigers errors came from fast defensive pressure, they were given no time on the ball, yes both the Scarlet's tries came from errors but how often is a try not the results of an error in defence?

With the extra injuries from yesterday, including a broken arm for Kelly its starting to look as though we'll be calling up semi pros for next weeks game against Zebre. The LV can't come quickly enough at the MO.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:53 pm

The Scarlets tries were due to errors in attack though. Benjamin had time to kick or pass to Williams. He just panicked and tried to run it fell over and basically dropped the ball at the Scarlets feet. Young was trying to force an offload to Kitchener who was in full flight outside. Defensively we were ok. It was bad decisions ball in hand and stupid handling errors that cost us. Scarlets made the right choices at 9 and in the back line once Shingler was on.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:02 pm

Liam Williams would be called many things by other nations fans if he played for another nation lets use this as an example top 10 teams.

1.NewZealand- plays on the edge.
2.Southafrica- physical.
3.England-enforcer.
4.Australia-wiley.
5.Ireland-World class some say a deity.
6.Wales- scum bag cheat who should be expelled from our clean fair sport.
7.France-classy skills typically unpredictable.
8.Scotland-Passionate.
9.Samoa-the osteopath.
10.Argentina- feisty.

Get my point your just a bunch of one eyed cry babies who are jealous that a tiny principality like Wales can produce more talent from its arse than an English back could ever dream of.

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:15 pm

nice post dave

however he wouldnt be described as any of those things, because...

lets be honest, the only other nation on that list he (Liam yellow card williams) might get a game for is Argentina. and then only if they had players that werent released from club duties...

i sincerely hope he gets picked for wales in RWC as for me his liabilities far outweight his benefits at 15. Given we're in the same group'n'all.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:21 am

Laugh classic view. LW is a good player but a cheapshot artist.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:41 am

DeludedOptimistorjustDave wrote:Liam Williams would be called many things by other nations fans if he played for another nation lets use this as an example top 10 teams.

2.Southafrica- physical.
3.England-enforcer.
4.Australia-wiley.
8.Scotland-Passionate.
9.Samoa-the osteopath.
10.Argentina- feisty.

Get my point your just a bunch of one eyed cry babies who are jealous that a tiny principality like Wales can produce more talent from its arse  than an English back could ever dream of.
Hopefully we're all done with insulting polemics like that one, Dave?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:16 pm

Well I enjoyed that. Only just sobered up. Not much credit being given to the Scarlets in the press. Presumably because of the missed kicks. But we totally dominated Tigers after half time. Contained them and defended like heroes. Pack was immense. Brilliant day.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:14 pm

Don't feed the trolls chaps. Best ignored

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:10 pm

George Carlin wrote:
DeludedOptimistorjustDave wrote:Liam Williams would be called many things by other nations fans if he played for another nation lets use this as an example top 10 teams.

2.Southafrica- physical.
3.England-enforcer.
4.Australia-wiley.
8.Scotland-Passionate.
9.Samoa-the osteopath.
10.Argentina- feisty.

Get my point your just a bunch of one eyed cry babies who are jealous that a tiny principality like Wales can produce more talent from its arse  than an English back could ever dream of.
Hopefully we're all done with insulting polemics like that one, Dave?

How about asking the Liam Williams attackers to calm down on their low life comments as well then? It's like the anti-Mike Phillips parade all over again.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzScarlet Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:20 pm

You could think the way Liam Williams gets slated on here that other teams have never had a niggly or dirty player ever?

BuzzScarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:37 pm

Sorry for saying a swear on the internet moderator.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:40 pm

BuzzScarlet wrote:You could think the way Liam Williams gets slated on here that other teams have never had a niggly or dirty player ever?

Don't see why he's dirty exactly? I don't recall much dirty play from him, if any. I do see him as a guy who doesn't back down from a challenge though, guys like Andrew Trimble found out the hard way. There were even calls in that match for Williams to get a red card despite Trimble throwing the first punch Laugh.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzScarlet Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:48 pm

This is it, he's very niggly and a wind up merchant and yes there's been the odd cheap shot, not excusing it but u see them by others in a lot of games but its not like he goes around stamping, gouging, biting and head butting! As for the Trimble incident, if u start it then make sure u can finish it but if u do it first and get it worst then tough luck! Wink

BuzzScarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:11 pm

The Saint wrote:
BuzzScarlet wrote:You could think the way Liam Williams gets slated on here that other teams have never had a niggly or dirty player ever?

Don't see why he's dirty exactly? I don't recall much dirty play from him, if any. I do see him as a guy who doesn't back down from a challenge though, guys like Andrew Trimble found out the hard way. There were even calls in that match for Williams to get a red card despite Trimble throwing the first punch Laugh.

According to some, Trimble was reacting to an incident prior to his tackle on Williams. A poke in the eye or something like that. I didn't see it myself though, and so don't know the truth of it. Unusual the way Trimble reacted though, so maybe Williams did something that angered him.
As for the punches thrown by Williams. At that point Trimble was trapped underneath Williams, and couldn't retaliate. I'm not so sure any punches actually landed though? Anyway, enough of the 'who's the bestest fighter' from me.

Williams certainly has put in cheap shots in the past, but I think I have noticed a change in him more recently. I can't know, but I think he's trying to keep out of trouble now, and act more mature as a professional player. I hope so. He's really a very good player, and the fiery side of him is great to watch, so long as he remains disciplined.

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzScarlet Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:17 pm

To be honest with u munchkin, I hope he has changed and uses his head and keeps out of trouble but without losing his fiery side as I think it would be detrimental to the way he plays, I just hope the reputation he's gained doesn't come back to haunt him in the coming years.

BuzzScarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:35 pm

I agree, Buzz. He is a player that feeds of aggression, and aggression is healthy so long as it's channelled in the right direction. If not, then he becomes a liability for Scarlets, and Wales, and ref's will look out for him.
His reputation isn't great at the moment, but the longer he plays without attracting the wrong sort of attention, the more people will forget past wrongs.
He's young, and just needs to mature a bit. Like I said, I think I see a change in him now, and really hope he continues playing on the right side of rugby law. Some player, and a great asset when disciplined.

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzScarlet Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:44 pm

I agree with all that munchkin, I just hope if he's selected for Wales this autumn that he replicates his scarlets form because if he does then he'll definitely be an asset for Wales as oppose to the liability many believe he is.

BuzzScarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:12 pm

I find it funny that people are classing Liam Williams as a cheap shot merchant. Especially coming from a Leicester direction. I think we all remember this little gem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WcvUrNuZ4U

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/13404917

I think the real talking point is how the hell was the guy only banned for 5 weeks (reduced from 10 on good behaviour). Yet we hear little about how Manu is a dirty player. Seems as if one rule applies to some but others get tarred with a different brush. For my pennies worth I don't see Liam Williams as a liability and if anything at times is just a bit pumped when playing. Nothing wrong with that.

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:38 pm

Welshmushroom wrote:I find it funny that people are classing Liam Williams as a cheap shot merchant.  Especially coming from a Leicester direction.  I think we all remember this little gem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WcvUrNuZ4U

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/13404917

I think the real talking point is how the hell was the guy only banned for 5 weeks (reduced from 10 on good behaviour).  Yet we hear little about how Manu is a dirty player.  Seems as if one rule applies to some but others get tarred with a different brush.  For my pennies worth I don't see Liam Williams as a liability and if anything at times is just a bit pumped when playing.  Nothing wrong with that.  
Because Manu is the best centre in world rugby FACT laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:03 pm

I remember Manu being the best thing since sliced bread....up until Warburton cut him down Laugh.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:12 pm

say what you like about Ashton, but that's a great set of whiskers to not even hit the deck after taking three punches flush Very Happy

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:17 pm

He wouldn't be playing rugby if he couldn't take a few hits, and only the one punch was decent.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:11 am

liam williams only puts in shots when he knows he cant be hit back. thats what is meant by a cheapshot merchant.

after the try is scored, or when the other player is in the air, or when the other player isnt looking and play has moved on.

so no, he is nothing like mikey philips who at least is an in your face kind of a guy. liam williams cheap shots, which i read tons about on welsh rugby websites, adds nothing to his game. he doesnt niggle, thats the problem. mike philips and owen farrell are classic nigglers. always on the edge trying to get a reaction. you can do that when you're at 9 or 10. at 15 you probably just get frustrated at having to watch most of the action so i understand where his cheap-shot-ness comes from.

but he really needs to stop it. refs already look out for it so he needs to be whiter than white for a couple of years to lose the tag.

or he'll be like SA and France and have reps for dirty play (which are completely disproved by the cards in recent years by the way)

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:17 am

quins now we know you're full of BS (I always knew, but now it's clear to everyone else).

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:30 am

really saint. i know you've got a hard on for mike philips, but liam is much less attractive so i really have to question your taste.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:32 am

or are you just going to wait for someone else to make my point and then you agree, like you did about harlequins in the euro cup... Doh

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next