The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scarlets vs tigers

+25
The Saint
offload
quinsforever
XR
BuzzScarlet
Mad for Chelsea
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
Welshmushroom
TJ
Chunky Norwich
Breadvan
2ndtimeround
SecretFly
doctor_grey
maestegmafia
George Carlin
formerly known as Sam
ME-109
Welly
VinceWLB
LeinsterFan4life
glamorganalun
king_carlos
cakeordeath
nathan
29 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

scarlets vs tigers - Page 4 Empty scarlets vs tigers

Post by nathan Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:51 pm

First topic message reminder :

Anyone watching?

nathan

Back to top Go down

scarlets vs tigers - Page 4 Empty Re: scarlets vs tigers

Post by BuzzScarlet Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:50 pm

Quins, instead of reading about his 'cheapshots' try viewing them instead as the ones I remember all come within arms length so all this about doing it when he can't be hit is bollox. Like I stated earlier, he doesn't stamp, gouge or headbutt but does give plenty of niggle. I guess Liam is just one of those player that if he plays for your team you love to watch him wind the opposition up or if he plays against your team you can't stand him, much like players such as Mike Philips, Owen Farrell and Mike Brown.

BuzzScarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:49 am

i am only talking about the ones i have seen live.

the reference to "reading" was a nod in the direction of 3/4 of regions fans who feel the same way ie he is a cheapshot merchant.

paddy murcphy elbow to the head (after he touched down a try) at the the end of wal-ire

giving away a pen try vs SA when if a try had been scored there was a v tough conversion to kick

red for dangerously taking out players in the the air...

etc etc

take off your scarlet glasses bud.

the guy is a liability.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by BuzzScarlet Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:27 am

Of course I've got my scarlet glasses on, I back my own and make no apologies for that. But take your anti Liam Williams glasses off and get your facts right. He's never had a red card for taking a player out dangerously in the air, it was yellow, he was later give another yellow later in the game which resulted in a red card for a retaliatory punch on Robin Copeland who was also sent off. His only other red card came v ulster when he was given 2 yellows for technical offences, 1 of which was a urine poor decision as it was deemed he'd purposely knocked the ball on when replays showed he clearly hadn't.
He does put cheap shots in as do numerous players in most matches but his reputation precedes him and every niggle he does is picked up upon. As for 3/4 of regional fans in Wales who think he's a chepshot merchant have probably rarely seen him play as these so called fans usually never attend or watch regional matches but turn out in force for a shan't when team wales play and usuall forge an opinion based on the crap they hear off scrum v and off fellow supporters. U'll usually find these supporters as the ones on their clubs Facebook page who know very little but like to express their opinion regardless of their lack of knowledge on any given matter.

BuzzScarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:25 am

My issue with Liam Williams is he's easy to rile up, czekaj was winding him up during judgement day when the blues scored their first try. The ruck happened, Czekaj came in and shoved LW out of the way, LW then started shoving Czekaj (not clearing out, more the retaliating hard man shove style) while Cuthbert picked up and drove over.

Not to mention the whole 'there's no one braver than liam williams' mantra that gets thrown about by pundits. Thin line between brave and stupidity. Brave is 1/2ps try saving tackle at twickenham, stupidity is LW's try saving 'tackle' against the boks.

This is why Halfpenny will always be the first choice Wales 15, he's unflappable and never reckless.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:28 am

quinsforever wrote:really saint. i know you've got a hard on for mike philips, but liam is much less attractive so i really have to question your taste.

Typical children's response from you, not a very good comeback either by the way. I merely took issue with your hatred and slagging off of Mike which I thought was unfair and you started slamming these accusations at me. Now you're attentions have turned to the new man in the spotlight. I wonder which Welsh player it will be in the 6 Nations? Leave it to Twitter, the home for internet trolls with too much time on their hands.
As for Quins, maybe you'll beat Leinster. But you'd need to cheat, and this time, get away with it!

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:40 am

Good one saint! Haven't heard that one before Smile

I am scathing about lots of players most usually English ones. Wales get no special treatment from me.

Philips's slow predictable gameplay is a liability for a Wales than won't dominate via Gatball with new scrum rules (ie no pens) and everyone knowing your gameplan. And Williams is currently a liability as he can't seem to keep his temper under control. Teams will target that. And refs are aware of his reputation, an reputations are very slow to change.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:41 am

I'm not interested in what Williams does off the ball - yes he's reckless, reminds me a bit of Mike Brown - lacks a bit of self control.

The reason he's not first choice for Wales is because he's not good enough - not really test level imo. Halfpenny is much the better player. Just because Williams is the second best Welsh fullback, doesn't make him an international class player.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:45 am

quinsforever wrote:Good one saint! Haven't heard that one before Smile

I am scathing about lots of players most usually English ones. Wales get no special treatment from me.

Philips's slow predictable gameplay is a liability for a Wales than won't dominate via Gatball with new scrum rules (ie no pens) and everyone knowing your gameplan. And Williams is currently a liability as he can't seem to keep his temper under control. Teams will target that. And refs are aware of his reputation, an reputations are very slow to change.

Oh, should I have asked you to stop going down on Dean Richards instead?

With the emergence of Webb and Davies I'd be surprised if Phillips was still first choice, Davies should have been in sooner. Please continue to keep a track of Liam WIlliams gouge's in all future games. As he's yet to do so I think you'll have some difficulty.

Maybe reputations are slow to change, which is why Harlequins are still cheats thumbsup.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by samuraidragon Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:12 am

gcBlues wrote:My issue with Liam Williams is he's easy to rile up, czekaj was winding him up during judgement day when the blues scored their first try. The ruck happened, Czekaj came in and shoved LW out of the way, LW then started shoving Czekaj (not clearing out, more the retaliating hard man shove style) while Cuthbert picked up and drove over.

Not to mention the whole 'there's no one braver than liam williams' mantra that gets thrown about by pundits. Thin line between brave and stupidity. Brave is 1/2ps try saving tackle at twickenham, stupidity is LW's try saving 'tackle' against the boks.

This is why Halfpenny will always be the first choice Wales 15, he's unflappable and never reckless.

Agree with this. L Williams is very brave, passionate and skilful. But he seems to lack the intelligence you require at the highest level. That tackle in the Millennium against S. Africa was technically horrible and extremely dangerous to himself. Likewise, it was mindless to give away away the penalty try away to the Boks. Halfpenny is a far better footballer and always cool-headed. He would never have perpetrated that shoulder barge.

samuraidragon

Back to top Go down

Post by wrfc1980 Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:07 pm

I'm sure I've seen Liam Williams slide in leading with his knees after an opposition player has scored a try. He got away with it but it was clwear the try had been scored and there was no need to slide in and clatter the player who had scored.

wrfc1980

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:10 pm

This place is amazing.  The Scarlets win a game, lose a game or draw a game.  And all people can comment on is how they dislike Sanjay.  What a bloody joke!

As for cheap shots after tries, open your eyes and watch how often a player gets hit on the deck either in the act of scoring, or just after.  If you lot really think this is something new, or something only Liam does your either deluded, or just being tools.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:13 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:This place is amazing.  The Scarlets win a game, lose a game or draw a game.  And all people can comment on is how they dislike Sanjay.  What a bloody joke!

As for cheap shots after tries, open your eyes and watch how often a player gets hit on the deck either in the act of scoring, or just after.  If you lot really think this is something new, or something only Liam does your either deluded, or just being tools.
Yep, just like Chris Ashton was only copying Shane Williams (and others) with his swallow dive.

I've no idea why people only seem to find it annoying when Ashton does it...

Strange, eh?

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:21 pm

Cyril, to be honest your spot on.  It seems that folk decide that a player is unworthy and/or a <insert insult> and watch games looking for evidence to back it up.  And they also ignore any mitigating factors, or other players actions etc, because that doesn't fit with their own little witch hunt.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:38 pm

Cyril wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:This place is amazing.  The Scarlets win a game, lose a game or draw a game.  And all people can comment on is how they dislike Sanjay.  What a bloody joke!

Yep, just like Chris Ashton was only copying Shane Williams (and others) with his swallow dive.

Strange, eh?

Probably more to do with one is a genuine c*/k 365 days a year. I swear Shane Williams did about 3 swan-dives throughout his very long and successful career, as opposed to doing it after every single try. Doing it 4 times in a single match is rather cringey.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:41 pm

Come on SS it was a dire rugby match. Most errors I think I have ever seen.

Aside from the score line if one is a fan, for the neutrals there wasn't much positive to talk about in the match.

We all have our pet hate players. And tbh, Farrell, Ashton, carling, Moore, etc, etc attract and attracted far worse abuse and criticism than little Sanjay.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:46 pm

Quins, true it wasn't a spectical but if people wanna run liam into the ground why not start a Sanjay Is Scum thread eh?  Its getting boring that the every thread regarding the Scarlets, win/lose/draw seems to have less to do with the match and more to do with people running Liam down.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:48 pm

I dont really understand why everyone gets so upset about swan dives.

It's just a rather silly way of celebrating scoring.

I personally find the haka really far more annoying. Why should other teams have to stand there and watch it? Irritates the hell out of me that NZ are able to keep this psychological weapon going in the professional era. But most people (including my wife who hates sport) love it.

Swan dives? Meh. Should he apologise or scoring instead? At least he's not doing it to start fights...otherwise he would be in a lot of fights Smile

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:48 pm

Quins, true it wasn't a spectical but if people wanna run liam into the ground why not start a Sanjay Is Scum thread eh?  Its getting boring that the every thread regarding the Scarlets, win/lose/draw seems to have less to do with the match and more to do with people running Liam down.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:52 pm

It's the first time I've commented on Sanjay on a Scarlett match thread.

Is he going to start in the AIs? Will it depend on injuries elsewhere as I assume 1/2P is still first choice at 15?

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:54 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Cyril, to be honest your spot on.  It seems that folk decide that a player is unworthy and/or a <insert insult> and watch games looking for evidence to back it up.  And they also ignore any mitigating factors, or other players actions etc, because that doesn't fit with their own little witch hunt.
Quite. It does often depend on how you view individuals rather than the 'crime' and who you support. It also depends on your own temperament a bit (as we see below Smile).

The Saint wrote:
Cyril wrote:

Strange, eh?

Probably more to do with one is a genuine c*/k 365 days a year. I swear Shane Williams did about 3 swan-dives throughout his very long and successful career, as opposed to doing it after every single try. Doing it 4 times in a single match is rather cringey.
Ashton comes across really well in interviews and seems a pretty popular player among his team mates. Just a regular bloke (who admittedly has done a few childish things). I'm sure you're the same Wink

In Ashton's defence, he's not only stood up to a few Tuiliagi punches but also risked the wrath of Johnno by continuing to swan dive when. Brave or stupid? You decide!

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:21 pm

Quins, comments weren't aimed at anyone in particular, but just look at the few threads involving the Scarlets on here this season, and they all go down the same routine.  Loam Williams did this or that, oh I remember when he was a kid he took another kids turn on the slide........etc

Cyril, yep your right some people are just a bit narrow minded and unwilling to view any other points that their own

Saint, fair play you illustrated Cyril's point well ;-)
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:24 pm

Liam Williams is still paying for taking that kids turn on the slide...

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:38 pm

He has to go to the playground in order to find someone he is bigger than Wink

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:30 pm

Rumour has it that it was Andrew Trimble's turn on the slide.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:40 pm

The Trimble incident is a good example of people seeing things how they wish to.  One side Sanjay was throwing them at Trimble after the whistle, other side a bloke on the deck reacted to an attempt to hit him when he could reply.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4