The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns!

+8
psycho-gooner
Fernando
AberdeenSteve
User Name
crippledtart
sodhat
Dr Gregory House MD
ADMIN
12 posters

Go down

Most Charismatic Wrestler in the WWF/E? (Pick 10)

The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns! Vote_lcap3%The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns! Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 16 ]
The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns! Vote_lcap0%The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns! Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 2 ]
The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns! Vote_lcap1%The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns! Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 4 ]
The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns! Vote_lcap7%The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns! Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 35 ]
The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns! Vote_lcap2%The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns! Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 11 ]
The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns! Vote_lcap7%The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns! Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 35 ]
The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns! Vote_lcap1%The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns! Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 5 ]
The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns! Vote_lcap0%The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns! Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 1 ]
[ 2 ]
The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns! Vote_lcap6%The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns! Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 29 ]
The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns! Vote_lcap4%The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns! Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 18 ]
[ 5 ]
[ 36 ]
The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns! Vote_lcap4%The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns! Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 18 ]
The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns! Vote_lcap5%The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns! Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 24 ]
The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns! Vote_lcap2%The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns! Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 11 ]
The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns! Vote_lcap3%The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns! Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 14 ]
[ 13 ]
[ 21 ]
[ 4 ]
[ 10 ]
[ 6 ]
The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns! Vote_lcap6%The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns! Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 29 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 6 ]
[ 16 ]
[ 5 ]
[ 11 ]
[ 4 ]
[ 1 ]
The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns! Vote_lcap8%The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns! Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 40 ]
[ 7 ]
The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns! Vote_lcap11%The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns! Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 54 ]
[ 13 ]

Total Votes : 509

Poll closed

The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns! Empty The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns!

Post by ADMIN Thu 26 May 2011, 9:21 pm

A few months ago I ran a series of top ten polls on 606 to determine who the ‘Greatest WWE/F Wrestler of all Time’ is.
The polls consisted of a variety of topics such as greatest face, heel, moveset etc and was well received by all.
It ended with a top ten of the following:

1. Stone Cold
2. Hulk Hogan
3. The Rock
4. HBK
5. Bret Hart
6. Undertaker
7. Chris Jericho
8. Randy Savage
9. Ultimate Warrior
10. Kurt Angle

Now since then two major events have occurred, the surprise return of the Rock and the sudden and tragic death of Macho Man Randy Savage.
As a result of these events and that we’re now based on a new site, I thought it would be interesting to re-do the Greatest ever polls especially as here allows me to list all the people that were nominated and therefore it’s much easier to get numbers on it.

Rules wise it’s relatively simple:

1. Pick the ten wrestlers that you believe match the poll title.
2. Base this opinion on their work solely within the WWF/WWE (no WCW, TNA etc).
3. The first WrestleMania is the start point, so stars that had their careers prior are not considered.

Hope that all makes sense! Now to kick things off with the first poll...

Most Charismatic wrestler!

Who for you even without uttering a word had you sat on the edge of your seat in anticipation, who just had that IT factor that you knew would make them a star?

Last edited by Hero on Thu 26 May 2011, 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns! Empty Re: The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns!

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 26 May 2011, 9:29 pm

Can you just clarify for me Hero this vote is based on presance and It factor rather than out and out mic skills?

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns! Empty Re: The Greatest Ever WWF/E Wrestler returns!

Post by sodhat Thu 26 May 2011, 9:29 pm

I've added my votes, Hero.

I wonder if Sting should be removed from consideration because of his lack of a WWE run? Not being picky, but just so your results don't have him winning!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 26 May 2011, 9:33 pm

Yes House, there is a separate round for mic skills.

Didn't see Sting made the list last time, he'll be removed!

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 26 May 2011, 9:41 pm

Can I also just mention that if you do get a couple of minutes please discuss your nominations on the thread too. Will be interesting to see peoples viewpoints.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 26 May 2011, 9:45 pm

Looks like Austin and the Rock are surging into the lead.

I reckon I may be the only man to have voted Cena here...is that due to internet hate or geniune belief that he has no charisma?

I always thought he had enough to get to the top, as a heel or face.

I think pound for pound the man who fits the criteria best for me, and my first pick, was Eddie Guerrero. Ignoring his faults, he exuded latin charisma, even when he wasn't the centre of attention.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 26 May 2011, 9:47 pm

I voted for Eddie too. He demanded your attention.

Cena has charisma but I genuinely don't think he's in the top ten. I don't think I'd put him in the top ten for anything, maybe top 20 for a few categories.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 May 2011, 9:50 pm

The first one I looked for was The Rock. That guy, in his prime certainly could grab your attention whatever he was doing, even as a special guest ref.

"1.........2...........It doesn't matter if The Rock counts to three!"

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Thu 26 May 2011, 9:51 pm

Chris Jericho

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 26 May 2011, 9:51 pm

I'm surprised at present to the low number of votes for Warrior, Pillman, Scott Hall and Savage. Thought all of those would have had more than they currently do.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 26 May 2011, 9:53 pm

I can see the point with Cena maybe not being an all-time great, rather the closest thing we have in the current generation, which may not be saying much.

I do think though that he has a natural charisma. If he had perhaps had the chance to be more varied with his character, and in any other era he might have been, then I reckon he'd be in the mix.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu 26 May 2011, 10:00 pm

I am with Sainty on this one with the fact that The Rock's name was the first name I looked for. His stint at the moment hasn't really created anything spectacular but his earlier days promos will go down as some of the best ever. His interviews backstage where would slag off his opponent with utter ease always had me laughing. He just oozes charisma.

Others I voted for worth a mention are Eddie because he just made everyone stop and listen.

CM Punk as his promos are never the same, his stuff with Jeff Hardy was absolutely class along side his Indy promos he just has a way to make nonsense seem totally perfect.

Brian Pillman was another that his promos always stood out, his early Attitude Era stuff I have watched so many times as they are so gritty and it always looked like he meant every word. Pillman & Roberts are the two greatest heel promoers of all time IMO.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 26 May 2011, 10:05 pm

A few of my votes included:

The Ultimate Warrior- While Im not his biggest fan the man was the human embodyment of energy and intensity, commanded your attention even if (in my opinion) he did nothing to deserve it

Goldberg- So what if he had an undefeated streak? So did Vladimir Kozlov and countless other big men before him, the intangible it factor Goldberg possessed made him WCW's hottest property not some storyline wins

Jake Roberts- His whole phylosiphy on promos is that a good promoer dosn't need to shout, when they whisper people listen, Jake's charisma undoubtedly had people listening before he even opened his mouth

Edde Gurrero- agree with what Sodhat said above

Mick Foley- The only guy who could play 3 such outrageous characters, looking like he does and still be a superstar

Other mentions include Rock, Austin and Hogan for the fact there It factor and charisma were vital parts to there game

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 26 May 2011, 10:06 pm

Oh and I forgot Savage as well, pure charisma through and through

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 27 May 2011, 11:18 pm

I'm a bit surprised at the lack of votes for Ric Flair here. I'd have a place for him in my top 10 easily...

Perhaps he has tarnished himself with his constant desire to bleed.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Fri 27 May 2011, 11:51 pm

Cena's return at the 2008 rumble was class, such a shock.
And the fact that he'd recovered from surgery in such a short space of time, no one was expecting him to turn up and win, well when he turned up everyone knew he was going to win.

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 May 2011, 12:36 am

Gargh. I picked 2 and somehow the bloody thing accepted my answers before I choose anymore.

Is there anyway to undo from Admin side.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 28 May 2011, 12:41 am

OleH wrote:Gargh. I picked 2 and somehow the bloody thing accepted my answers before I choose anymore.

Is there anyway to undo from Admin side.

click cancel vote thumbsup

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Sat 28 May 2011, 12:56 am

Amazing that the only wrestler who has zero votes is someone whose charisma was always considered one of his strongest selling points.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sat 28 May 2011, 1:01 am

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:Amazing that the only wrestler who has zero votes is someone whose charisma was always considered one of his strongest selling points.

For me Nash was very very tall, thats it

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 May 2011, 7:07 am

fernando wrote:
click cancel vote thumbsup
Cheers!

Voted For: Bret Hart, Jericho, CM Punk, DDP, HBK, HHH, Mick Foley, Mr Perfect, Randy Savage, The Rock

Honourable Mentions: Marvellous Mark Mero, Golddust, Road Dogg & Billy Gunn,

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Sat 28 May 2011, 9:50 am

you've got Sid, The Miz, Dolph Ziggler, Mick Foley but no Undertaker?

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sat 28 May 2011, 9:52 am

It's based upon all the votes that I received on the Greatest Ever thread I ran back on 606, after 50+ votes no-one voted for Taker.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Sat 28 May 2011, 8:22 pm

I wanna vote Undertaker Sad

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 28 May 2011, 8:32 pm

no vader on the list steam

Hate the fact that Ted Dibiase is getting such a poor showing. When I started watching he was the heel I loved to hate.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenixgbr Sat 28 May 2011, 9:55 pm

Guys like hogan and the rock just had to be in the building to get a massive reaction from the crowd.

Phoenixgbr

Back to top Go down

Post by grant holt's moustache Sat 28 May 2011, 11:25 pm

dont get me wrong, i like dolph - but should he be really on the list?
also the fact 2 people have voted for him!
There are many who are better than him - think we should give him a good few yearrs before he is compared with the legends on the list....

grant holt's moustache

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 29 May 2011, 12:38 am

Hero has said this is who people voted for though, it's not just a random list of wrestlers he chose, it's what people decided for on 606.

I agree that Dolph might not be quite up there with those guys, but for some people they have been more affected by Dolph than they have by, say Brian Pillman if they have only been watching for a few years.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by grant holt's moustache Sun 29 May 2011, 1:07 am

ok my bad 🤦

grant holt's moustache

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down