The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Bellew jealous of Cleverly??

+4
kingraf
wheelchair1991
TRUSSMAN66
catchweight
8 posters

Go down

Is Bellew jealous of Cleverly?? Empty Is Bellew jealous of Cleverly??

Post by catchweight Sun 09 Nov 2014, 3:50 pm

I find Bellew entertaining of sorts, but theres no doubt he is one of the biggest windbags in boxing. I have found his hatred of Cleverly odd. The best explanation I can find is that Bellew is bitter and jealous of Cleverly and has not been able to get over losing to him. Some observations:

Cleverly has a maths degree. This is pretty well known but I have never particulalry seen Cleverly go on about it. Bellew brings it up all the time rubbishing it and using it to mock Cleverly. A case of the the Liverpudlian doth protest too much?

Cleverly beat Bellew and was (for what it was worth) a "world champion". Bellew never as yet acheived this goal and again rubbishes the acheivement at every opportunity (despite failing to in one himself in two attempts).

Bellew comes across as someone trying too hard to be someone else. Whether is spouting cheesy anecdotes like "fail to prepare, prepare to fail", "its not about where you are, its about where you are going" - he is full of this kind of crappola which he attempts to pass off as profound philosophy or wisdom. He actaully reminds me of David Brent from the Office at times. He seems desperate to be thought of a as a great boxer, a wise philosopher and a first class family man rather than being comfortable enough to leave these things unsaid. Cleverly by contrast seems pretty comfortable in his own skin as a person and doesnt seem to hold any illusions about ending up as a great boxer. I think this level of comfort that Cleverly enjoys actually makes Bellew jealous and leads him to hate Cleverly.

Bellew claims the hatred comes from a lack of respect shown by Cleverly. If there was at any stage a lack of respect from Cleverly (I nver really noticed any) it would pale in comparison to the constant abuse that Bellew himself has directed at Cleverly for a few years now. I suspect the hatred is actually a level of jealousy that Bellew has regarding Cleverly that Bellew has either convincd himself or passes off as Cleverly being disrespectful.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Is Bellew jealous of Cleverly?? Empty Re: Is Bellew jealous of Cleverly??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 09 Nov 2014, 4:06 pm

No I don't think so.......I've only got one degree and Strongy has six and I'm not jealous...

I'm not sure they hate each other at all Mate...

French kisses all round after the fight when they each pocket their big stack of cash gained from mugs that think it's all real..

Probably the same fans that think the wrestling is on the level..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 09 Nov 2014, 4:11 pm

I dont think Bellews hate is fake, I think its misplaced. Hes been sniping at Cleverly long before their rematch was announced. He comes across as having a complex about him.

Its not unusual for opponents to hate each other before a fight and resolve their differances after.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 09 Nov 2014, 4:17 pm

If you genuinely hate someone............You hate them....

A fight shouldn't change that..

When Starling creamed Honey he wasn't interested in Honey's bottom licking during/after the fight...........

Luckily I don't hate anybody although there are people I'd cross the street to avoid.....

My neighbor two houses up being a prime example..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 09 Nov 2014, 4:26 pm

I dont buy all this hate stuff he says its because of what clev said about him in the post fight press conference after the first fight but its not real for me

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 09 Nov 2014, 4:53 pm

I think hate can be temporary or circumstantial. Many people dont like to admit to it because of the negative connatations associated with it.

For my money, Bellew has a hatred of Cleverly because he is jealous of him in many ways. This might subside if Bellew manages to beat him but I dont think they are ever going to be best buds.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 09 Nov 2014, 5:50 pm

Well, I mean, wouldn't you be angry if the local nerd with the math degree could also club you in a fight, in front of your friends, and everyone who believed you can become a world champion?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 09 Nov 2014, 7:37 pm

That sounds like the voice of experience of a man who's been clubbed by the local nerd a few times raf... Never mind the local girls of course.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by terryaki01 Sun 09 Nov 2014, 7:49 pm

That's a fair point king and probably has a good deal to do with it, he was beat in front of his hometown and hasn't done much but mouth off after beating nobodies and getting quite fat around the waist. His first fight at the higher weight I thought he looked in terrible shape, just put on all that fat around the belly, but still obviously carried the one punch power.  Cleverly does seem a lot more comfortable about himself, knows he beat him away from home and could of demanded the rematch at Cardiff as it's already been done in Liverpool

terryaki01

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 09 Nov 2014, 7:54 pm

I was the local math nerd who did the beating, Milky. That gigantic Netball player who took me to the shed inspired me to start handing out my own beatdowns before trigonometry and after Geometry.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Sun 09 Nov 2014, 9:41 pm

wheelchair1991 wrote:I dont buy all this hate stuff he says its because of what clev said about him in the post fight press conference after the first fight but its not real for me

Both Bellew and Cleverley are fully aware the only thing that sells this fight is the 'hate'.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 09 Nov 2014, 10:19 pm

I agree

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Marco_Marky - Stuffington Sun 09 Nov 2014, 10:21 pm

Clev got a 2:2 didn't he? Not much to be jealous of

Marco_Marky - Stuffington

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 09 Nov 2014, 10:24 pm

They were trading insults long before this rematch was even announced. They dont like each either.

As for 2:2, I imagine plenty of boxers would like to have that sort of degree to fall back on.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 09 Nov 2014, 10:33 pm

If he 'only' got a Desmond maybe that explains his inability to come to terms with the angles and leverage professor kovalev introduced him to?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 10 Nov 2014, 11:16 am

"Desmond Tutu"..

You Brits with your slang..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down