The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

+35
Atila
CFCNick
socal1976
1GrumpyGolfer
wadey101
spencerclarke
Corporalhumblebucket
CaledonianCraig
JDizzle
TRUSSMAN66
FootballLight
Hulking_up
JamesLincs
Mad for Chelsea
Liam
mystiroakey
westisbest
Stella
lfc91
Duty281
freemo
NickisBHAFC
Lowlandbrit
compelling and rich
Crimey
guildfordbat
Ent
Dolphin Ziggler
Fernando
Hero
Mat
The Special Juan
Hammersmith harrier
Good Golly I'm Olly
kingraf
39 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 20 Empty We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by kingraf Sat 29 Nov 2014, 4:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

You're both quite awful, but I wouldn't rule anybody out of anything yet. Liverpool are THIRTEENTH and they are just five points off a CL spot (although, they might give up on it this year, so they can make a run for it next year). The teams are just all so close this season, u don't think it would have even cleared up by Christmas (except Chelsea winning the league, they should be coronated by then). Citeh are basically trying the Suárez trick with Agüero, and while it's working at the moment, I'd say with his injury track record, the one with the thunder thighs is not someone you want to base your entire season around. If Agüero's out, Citeh struggle (hell, with Agüero in they've made heavy weather). I'd back both Utd and Arsenal to make it, but If Southampton can make it out of December still top five, I think it begins to get interesting
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 20 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by westisbest Tue 23 Dec 2014, 12:22 pm

Yep no surprise there.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 20 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by Guest Tue 23 Dec 2014, 1:04 pm

I think refs who give straight reds, but are then rescinded later on, should themselves get the three match ban. How on earth that was a red is beyond me, a baby could of seen that was never a red.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 23 Dec 2014, 1:18 pm

mystiroakey wrote:"Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
I'm pretty sure Costa can handle himself.

Nonsense on Villa btw Ent. Proper club Villa, QPR, Hull and Sunderland can all naff off first, and West Brom too (sorry Mat). Leicester is a bit of a meaningless bowl too. Not a huge fan of Palace under Warnock either"

and you can sod of an all.. like anyone could have a pop at palace's support.. only some one that doesnt pay attention..

Jesus Myst, read that again. Unless Warnock is the Palace support I dont think ive had a pop at your support. Im having a pop cos youve got a tinpot manager who wont manage a club in a way that adds to this league

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 23 Dec 2014, 1:20 pm

Ent wrote:
Mat wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I'm pretty sure Costa can handle himself.

Nonsense on Villa btw Ent. Proper club Villa, QPR, Hull and Sunderland can all naff off first, and West Brom too (sorry Mat). Leicester is a bit of a meaningless bowl too. Not a huge fan of Palace under Warnock either

First Foster, now this. Me and you are going to have a falling out soon!

What's a proper club by the way? Genuinely interested as to what requirements need to be met to be considered a proper club. Do you have to play in claret and blue or something? Wink

Being old and knocking about for a while.

Never mind you drum up 15k extra fans for when United/chelsea/arsebal come to town.

I'm from ni, top level football doesn't exist and their are heavy sectarian connotations with attending local grounds.

I attend pl football whenever I can, I've been to blackburn and Wigan for home games.

I just do not understand how in a city of 1 million people, the major clu can only pull in 25k unless the big boys are playing - it's glory hunting.

For context ni has a population of 1 million people, belfast about 300k, the Linfield
Glentoran match will get about 5k people on Boxing Day for atrocious football.

I pay more than the price of a season ticket to go twice a year yet these retards at villa park turn up to a half empty ground, chant we support our local team for 90 seconds then boo the referee for the rest of the game. Please just go.

The reason thats Love sacks is you cannot compare small clubs to big ones in that regard. Cambridge are fantastically supported for their level and considering they are a bigger club than the conference when they were there. But their fans dwindled when they were midtable, played poor football and their ground issues looked at ownership changes and moves.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 23 Dec 2014, 1:20 pm

John wrote:I think refs who give straight reds, but are then rescinded later on, should themselves get the three match ban. How on earth that was a red is beyond me, a baby could of seen that was never a red.

How would that work? You cant have refs scared to make decisions. The ref also doesnt get an hour meeting to analyse it or the benefit of 20 angles

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Tue 23 Dec 2014, 1:38 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I think its probably just my mockney use of pwopa. I think its the feeling of heritage and, rightly or wrongly, Villa Park will always feel like a ground of "pwopa" club due to the old FA Cup semis. It would be nice not to have Villa and Burnley mucking up the claret stuff, I've never liked a Villa kit, they always look like knock off West Ham kits you'd buy on a Greek island market.

I just never feel like WBA ever have any ambition, well maybe not ambition, but any plan to be anything more than they are. Not as bad as Boro, who I used to hate when they got to 40 points then basically went on holiday till the end of the season. It just kinda seems like things may never get better than when Hodgson was about. I dont dislike Albion as such, it might be that I don't really notice them.

I'm not sure it's that we don't have any ambition, simply don't have the resources to go any further than where we are. Best we can realistically finish is 8th which we did under Clarke, which was more to do with the standard of the league. The only way we could realistically afford bigger fees is to do a Swansea where they got an unbelievable amount of money for Rodgers, Sinclair and Joe Allen after their first PL season which they re-invested wisely in the likes of Michu and now Bony.

Take your team as an example. Your owners are richer than Jeremy Peace, you've got a bigger fanbase and the lure of London really is something that attracts players. If we both go in for the same player, like with Cresswell this summer, nine times out of ten you're going to get him because you can pay higher fees and wages. Stoke's owner is loaded and backed Pulis with a lot of money. Everyone raves about Southampton but seem to forget that when their owner died, all the debt was written off and the owner's family wanted to remain involved with the club meaning they were loaded. First season they came up, they spent 12 million on Gaston Ramirez, a fee we still haven't matched despite having been in the PL for 5 years.

The best we can hope for is to finish high midtable and play a decent style of football. I'd say our ground is 90% full on average throughout the season, we aren't in debt and we've been in the top flight for 5 consecutive seasons. We can't really do much more unless we get a new investor, Sky start to spread the money out more evenly or we don't get our young players poached because of the stupid EPP rule before we can sell them off for big money.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Dec 2014, 2:08 pm

Rumours doing the rounds in Spain that Man Utd are preparing a 120m quid swoop for Gareth Bale in the summer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 23 Dec 2014, 2:17 pm

Not worth it.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 23 Dec 2014, 2:21 pm

FreekShow wrote:Rumours doing the rounds in Spain that Man Utd are preparing a 120m quid swoop for Gareth Bale in the summer.

What is wrong with us...

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 23 Dec 2014, 2:57 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

Nonsense on Villa btw Ent. Proper club Villa, QPR, Hull and Sunderland can all naff off first, and West Brom too (sorry Mat). Leicester is a bit of a meaningless bowl too. Not a huge fan of Palace under Warnock either"

and you can sod of an all.. like anyone could have a pop at palace's support.. only some one that doesnt pay attention..

Jesus Myst, read that again. Unless Warnock is the Palace support I dont think ive had a pop at your support. Im having a pop cos youve got a tinpot manager who wont manage a club in a way that adds to this league

I think he adds colour.. We are palace. We are sh.. And we know it. Warnock is a typical mouthy palace owner/manager/fan.

He is one of us. We do expect to stay up though. He is half the manager pulis is. But we have played some ok football.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Dec 2014, 6:25 pm

Couple of decent signings on loan for Southampton & Swansea in Elia & Oliveira. Pretty sure Elia from, what I remember, is just a hit & miss winger, with flashes of brilliance & basically does a load of tricks & stuff the majority of the time & then Oliveira was labelled a big talent a couple of years ago for Portugal, but seems to of tailed off. See how they go.

As for the Bale story, ridiculous fee. Also, not good hearing Moussa Sissoko being heavily linked with Arsenal this window. He's a powerhouse, but he's not really that holding midfielder they need, much more effective running with the ball & penetrating the opposition, hopefully we keep hold of him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 23 Dec 2014, 6:31 pm

FreekShow wrote:Hug
kiss
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 23 Dec 2014, 8:32 pm

Statement signing
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 23 Dec 2014, 9:36 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

I think he adds colour.. We are palace. We are sh.. And we know it. Warnock is a typical mouthy palace owner/manager/fan.

He is one of us. We do expect to stay up though. He is half the manager pulis is. But we have played some ok football.

Always will hate the man, but not enough for a sod off was it?!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 24 Dec 2014, 3:28 am

Maybe not dolph so sorry.. to be honest I didn't really mean it like that. Anyhow, i was just digging through the crimbo cheer on here.. All of our teams add something. No one is beyond going down or staying up on any basis other than the ability to get enough points. However well or badly supported you are or how old or new you are..

Palace and west ham dont exactly have to easy.. we compete for fans with giant clubs.

we still seem to find some good ones though..

Mat wrote: Sky start to spread the money out more evenly or we don't get our young players poached because of the stupid EPP rule before we can sell them off for big money
Mat firstly its not sky that distributes money to the clubs- its the FA - and secondly there isn't a fairer distribution of TV rights money in any other league in the world.. They all get between 75m and 95m.

In la liga it goes from 120m to about 15m as each team broker's its own deals.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Dec 2014, 8:14 am

Alex Song has not been included in the ACON squad. Early Xmas present for Big Sam.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 24 Dec 2014, 8:33 am

YES

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 24 Dec 2014, 9:04 am

west ham sent Cameroon a nice crimbo present I take it!

Wink

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Dec 2014, 10:09 am

Is that £7.5m bid by Leicester for Danny Ings true? Why would he jump from one sinking ship to the other. Funny, cos we were linked heavily with making a £3m bid for him, now it looks like we've been blown away by Leicester Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 24 Dec 2014, 10:12 am

Leicester have to pay that kind of price.. Standard. You will probably up your fee and nick him though. Then you may not laff.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 24 Dec 2014, 10:13 am

Also palaces first priority is a goal scorer. So maybe we will line up an 8 mill.. #worldsgonemad

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Dec 2014, 10:27 am

I heard Palace had made enquiry for Gomis around £6m.

As for Ings, hope we don't sign him, rather wait until the summer for a top striker.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 24 Dec 2014, 10:53 am

Elijero Elia has joined Southampton on loan
Nelson Oliveira has joined Swansea on loan

so could be true about Gomis then.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Wed 24 Dec 2014, 12:14 pm

I'd take Ings at the Albion. Not for 7.5 million though. That'd be a ridiculous fee seen as he only has 6 months left on his deal.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 24 Dec 2014, 12:19 pm

How dare you call the mighty clarets a sinking ship John #dycheforengland
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 24 Dec 2014, 4:41 pm

Tell you what, its not a bad price if you also know it'll guarantee one relegation spot. Although the striker down there everyone should want is Bobby Zamora

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 26 Dec 2014, 8:02 am

Chelsea XI: Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Fabregas, Matic; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Diego Costa.

West Ham XI: Adrian, Jenkinson, Cresswell, Collins, Reid, Noble, Kouyate, Nolan (c), Downing, Carroll, Valencia

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri 26 Dec 2014, 11:49 am

Easy win for chelsea.

United 2-0 at half time. Rooney x2.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri 26 Dec 2014, 12:10 pm

3-0, Rooney to rvp.

Rooney playing some great football in this free role.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Dec 2014, 12:14 pm

Man U picking up some steam now. Top 4 will be a cakewalk for my money.

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 26 Dec 2014, 12:24 pm

They were always going to make top 4 for me.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri 26 Dec 2014, 2:00 pm

Was impressed with falcao again today. Adds a lot to the team, great movement and link up play.

Rooney was superb.

Same old issues at the back, jones brainless and Evans unwilling to engage in the physical challenges.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 26 Dec 2014, 2:10 pm

Imagine the sheer tinpottery and depression of being a QPR fan.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 26 Dec 2014, 2:41 pm

Nice one Giroud. Great way to let your team mates and football club down. Idiot.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Fri 26 Dec 2014, 3:19 pm

Another game without a goal for Welbeck. I wonder if Arsenal still feel they got a bargain when they signed him?

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 26 Dec 2014, 6:57 pm

Nice to get a win in the Premier League, not convincing at all, but a win is a win.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 26 Dec 2014, 7:04 pm

Sam and the boys clearly see Arsenal as the priority match, could see that from selection and from the subs. Dull game, except for watching Hazard. Exceptionally good. Alright account of ourselves, never seemed desperate to actually stretch Chelsea though. Southampton may have ripped us apart, but we havent played a better side than Chelsea. Once it was 1-0 it felt like a game neither wanted to play any more.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 26 Dec 2014, 7:05 pm

Ben Foster lolz
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 26 Dec 2014, 7:05 pm

Good old Foster

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 26 Dec 2014, 7:11 pm

Lolz some more. English keeping

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Fri 26 Dec 2014, 7:14 pm

love seeing the snow in an english football match

-------

https://www.606v2.com/viewtopic.forum?t=57027

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20