The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

+67
Dr Shoe
gw
wisden
Hero
mikey_dragon
greengoblin
Alistair
Holymiky
Blade
Enforcer
hornbloweroafc
ShockmasterV2
Hammersmith harrier
profitius
MichaelT
Jermaine2015
Geordie
Knowsit17
President Trump
jimmyinthewell68
Hoggy_Bear
MIG
SecretFly
Simon West
Azzy
ONETWOFOREVER
dummy_half
compelling and rich
lfc91
RinoGattuso
bluestonevedder
Mind the windows Tino.
SirJohnnyEnglish
RuggerRadge2611
nadeem2099
Dr Gregory House MD
Nakatomi Plaza
The Beast
The_Enigma
hampo17
Bull
kingraf
Gwlad
trottb
Rowley
guildfordbat
Duty281
westisbest
Ent
JDizzle
Mike Selig
superflyweight
Breadvan
Crimey
The Saint
Mad for Chelsea
Soldier_Of_Fortune
seanmichaels
Galted
rIck_dAgless
TRUSSMAN66
Mr Bounce
Derbymanc
Stella
Pete330v2
incontinentia
Adam D
71 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 15 Empty The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by Adam D Sat 01 Nov 2014, 9:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

Quite enjoyed rec 3 although it's not really much to do with the first 2 films.

If it had been a standalone film, I think the critical response would have been better. For me it was really entertaining.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 15 Empty Re: The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 25 Jul 2015, 10:10 pm

Eraserhead, genuinely what the **** is that film about, the weirdest thing i've ever watched and can safely say I won't be giving it a second viewing.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 15 Empty Re: The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by Hoggy_Bear Sat 25 Jul 2015, 10:30 pm

gazzyD wrote:Ant Man - the most fun in a Marvel movie since the first Avengers movie. Its fresh and witty. A lot better than I ever expected it would be

Michael Pena steals the show as well even though he's only got about 15 minutes of screen time

If anybody bothers going to see it, there are two post movie scenes, one mid credits and one at the very end

Very good movie. Saw it today with my two sons. All of us thought it one of the best superhero movies we've seen. Funny, but with enough action to keep you interested, plus a number of the 'Easter eggs' which, IMHO, make the Marvel screen universe so satisfying. Good performances by all, but especially Paul Rudd and Michael Pena. Looking forward to more Ant-Man appearences. Definitely better than I was expecting and well worth a look.

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 26 Jul 2015, 10:51 am

Milky - True Romance is a cracker of a roller coaster

From this year, Kingsman is amazing and once again fun

The Prestige is a really good head scratcher. 

I watched ant man yesterday which was probably my favourite of the marvel films.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Sun 26 Jul 2015, 10:53 pm

Mad Max.
I had low expectations when I decided to watch this the other day but I'm glad I watched it. It was f-ing fantastic! One of the best action films of all time IMO. The stunts were great, the storyline was good and made sense in that dystopian scenario. The vehicles, camera work, environment, costumes, art etc was superb.

I saw some complaints about a lack of dialogue but neither did alien. If a film is good enough it doesn't need time filling chatter.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015, 9:37 am

Watched Kill The Messenger last night.

It was brilliant. Have to say Renner was fantastic. It's about Gary Webb and his Dark Alliance Series. Amazing just how interpretation can do so much damage especially when others try to imply the contrary. It's almost Enemy of the State like. The best way to deflect bad press is create a distraction.

As for the ending, Jo Moore take note from the CIA Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 06 Aug 2015, 8:25 pm

Just seen Jurassic World, fantastic film and worthy addition to the franchise. Think people have been to quick to be nit picky about certain parts of it when really it's a film to just sit back and enjoy. Loved the ending and little lad was truly impressed.

Watched How to train your dragon 2 when we got home, another good kids film and on a par with the 1st. Would recommend it to anyone but especially if you've got little uns.

Missus and Lil miss watched Minions and both said it was really good, not as good as the DM movies but funny all the same.

For all of you with little uns as well, don't forget Odeon and Vue have kids club running (bout 2.50 a ticket) through the holidays at 10am+

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 06 Aug 2015, 8:27 pm

The £2.50 deals are great value. Watched the penguin madagascar film the other day. Not great, but for £7.50 plus some popcorn etc, it wasn't bad value.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 06 Aug 2015, 8:38 pm

We watched 2 by 2 the other week with it, pound shop first for the popcorn, then the flicks. Money's no object when Dad's taking them out Smile

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 08 Aug 2015, 1:24 pm

Just caught the fantastic four. 

It was okay but after the origin part of he story, it ended fairly quickly. No post credit sequences either.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sun 09 Aug 2015, 9:41 am

Pixels- was just another typical Adam Sandler movie (or what his movies have become the last number of years) i.e. throw a few comic actors into the same film with a big budget and it will be funny, it isn't. Not from an adults perspective anyway. Can count the number of times I genuinely laughed on 1 hand! Kids in the cinema seemed to enjoy it that bit more however even they never seemed to find it hilarious at any real point.

Overall I wouldn't recommend it. 4/10.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun 09 Aug 2015, 4:15 pm

Terminator genisys, absolute drivel, makes virtually no sense. The female lead can't act. The male lead has all the charisma of a chair and arnie is too old and still can't act. Makes you look back on salvation with something approaching nostalgia.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 09 Aug 2015, 7:34 pm

Watched Drive again.
Really enjoy this film and think Gosling is quality in it.

Taking my nieces to see the minions film thursday, hmm, lucky me.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sun 09 Aug 2015, 11:04 pm

Watched a few recently:

Imitation Game - I thought that this was excellent. A highly entertaining and engaging story of one of the world's best kept secrets, how a team of British geniuses helped crack the enigma code. Benedict Cumberbatch is excellent.

Trouble With The Curve - Stars Clint Eastwood and Amy Adams follows an ageing baseball scout in the states who is sent to look at a highly touted pre-draft pick. He has developed a medical condition so his daughter, who he doesn't get along with, goes with him to help out,. I wasn't expecting much from a baseball film, but I was pleasantly surprised. It has a few cliche moments, as you'd expect, but is worth a watch.

Chappie - the less said the better. Dreadful, dreadful film with awful acting throughout. Even Tino's hero Hugh Jackman couldn't save this.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 10 Aug 2015, 8:19 am

Finally got round to watching Man of Steel this weekend.

Started well...but the ending "lets just blow everything up" just totally spoilt it.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 10 Aug 2015, 8:37 am

Home - Like a really awful Rhianna video, not funny, irritating characters, kids may like it i guess...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 10 Aug 2015, 10:19 am

rick_dagless wrote:kids may like it i guess...

Mine hated it.  The elder 2 wanted to leave.  It's only because I'm northern and tight that I made them stay.

Absolute sh*te that film.  Had one funny bit with the dancing (which you've already seen on the trailer) and that was that.

It didn't even register on the Tino Scale of Cinematic Excellence.  That's how bad it was.

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Mon 10 Aug 2015, 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 10 Aug 2015, 10:30 am

In that case Tino, it's only redeming feature has now gone...

God I hate that film...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 10 Aug 2015, 10:53 am

rick_dagless wrote:Home - Like a really awful Rhianna video, not funny, irritating characters, kids may like it i guess...

Oh............................

he'd be Stitch in disguise I reckon.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 10 Aug 2015, 11:02 am

SecretFly wrote:he'd be Stitch in disguise I reckon.

A really bad disguise made from childrens tears and fading hope?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 10 Aug 2015, 12:21 pm

Alien 3 assembly cut...........Better than the original print and pretty different too...

Rounded the characters better and joined some of the dots...

Made a crap film decent..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Tue 11 Aug 2015, 3:36 pm

westisbest wrote:Watched Drive again.
Really enjoy this film and think Gosling is quality in it.

Taking my nieces to see the minions film thursday, hmm, lucky me.

I found this very enjoyable. Cracking soundtrack as well.

Watched The Life of David Gale, thoroughly entertaining if you can get over Kate Winslet's awful American accent attempt. Pretty predictable in terms of ending but it keeps you hooked.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 12 Aug 2015, 5:29 pm

Watched Mission Impossible Rogue Nation and Southpaw last week, both were excellent although I enjoyed Mission Impossible more.

Jake Gyllenhall really is an outstanding actor, he has overtaken DiCaprio as the best actor of that generation in my book.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 12 Aug 2015, 7:08 pm

I think DiCaprio is a better actor, although am a big fan of Gyllenhaal, do think he is a great actor, actually think he is underrated.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Aug 2015, 11:56 am

Mad Max - Fury Road...mental, but not sure if it bears repeated viewing and, if I'm honest, a complete waste of Tom Hardy's ability.

Terminator Genysis - not a dreadful as ROWLEY made it out to be but still not great. Struggled with some of the plotlines as I think they must have related to The Sarah Connor Chronicles which I never got round to watching. Sad to see there's a possibility of a further film if the clip at the end of the credits is anything to go by.

Nightcrawler - Jake Gyllenhaal does "creepy"...big deal.

Took my daughter to see MINIONS...she didn't care and I was disappointed. It's the equivalent what Godfather III is to that trilogy

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 14 Aug 2015, 12:07 pm

Dave, took my nieces to see minions yesterday.

Fell asleep twice.

They it funny that i fell asleep.

Think they enjoyed the film.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Aug 2015, 12:24 pm

MINIONS reminds me of the Jasper Carrot thing with Robert Powell, "The Detectives" It was ok as a three minute sketch but was terrible as a show on it's own.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 14 Aug 2015, 3:28 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Terminator Genysis - not a dreadful as ROWLEY made it out to be

You're right, it's worse.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sun 16 Aug 2015, 4:57 pm

Fantastic Four. About as fantastic as damp cardboard. Terrible casting, awful scriptwriting yet brilliant effects. Think we can all guess where the budget went - Yup - into inflating the massively dropped ball with this film.

Seemingly teenage scientists (probably all in their late 20s minimum!) create a portal to another dimension. Bad things happen, nobody really cares. Some people die, bad guy reappears, F4 defeat him. BORED NOW!

Miles Teller = charisma-free.
Jamie Bell = the "why did I accept this role?" type of acting.
Michael B Jordan = the "cool" guy who's about as cool as a blast furnace.
Kate Mara = blank space.
Toby Kebbel = angry young man wanting to prove a point. Best thing in it. But still s**t.
Reg E Cathey = we couldn't afford Morgan Freeman as we'd spent the budget on effects.

It's terrible - almost had me longing for the diabolical mess of the previous incarnation with Ioan Gruffud. Almost. 3/10

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 17 Aug 2015, 11:08 am

Finally got to watch the Gary Oldman version of tinker, tailor, solider , spy.

Whilst its very slow as I expected, I still enjoyed the movie.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 17 Aug 2015, 9:54 pm

The Experiment.

Based loosely on the Zimbardo Prison experiment, Brody and Whitaker are predictably brilliant and whilst a bit over the top it's difficult viewing as it should be. The ending ruins it somewhat but the exact details of the actual experiment are a bit hazy, certainly not as brutal as the film.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 18 Aug 2015, 5:24 pm

I watched The Man From U.N.C.L.E. last night. Having fallen asleep in the previous 2 Guy Ritchie films I've watched (the terrible Sherlock Holmes movies with Robert Downey Jr), I was not expecting a masterpiece. It certainly isn't a masterpiece, but what it is is quite enjoyable. It's still set in the 60s and isn't a modern-day re-hash, so the costume designers had a ball with period apparel. There's nods to the cold war, WW2 and tenuous links to a potential new-world order. Add in the 2 supposedly best CIA & KGB operatives being forced to work together to prevent a potential nuclear catastrophe and there's just enough humour added to make things fun without it becoming a full blown comedy.

Henry Cavill and Armie Hammer take the two main roles - I was a little worried about this as everything I have seen Cavill in (with the exception of Stardust) his character is one-dimensional and dull. Not in this. His Napoleon Solo is suave, sophisticated and is supremely confident - it shows that given a better script and character to play that he's not the dull plank most think he is. Armie Hammer's Ilya Kuryakin is also quite fun. Hammer himself is quite a lump of a man, dwarfing Cavill and tearing bits off cars in the film - his character does have a bit of a temper. He also gets all the best lines, albeit it in a hammed-up "this what Americans think all Russians sound like" accent.

Alicia Vikander is fun enough as Gaby, the East German mechanic (obviously!), rescued by Solo at the start of the film, but she thankfully does not outshine the two leads. Chuck in Hugh Grant as Mr Waverly and it all fits together quite well. Not the best film I have seen this year but certainly worth a look.

7/10

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Aug 2015, 9:10 pm

Saw Mission Impossible Rogue Nation.

I can't believe they actually put some thought into the script for once!

Back to top Go down

Post by greengoblin Sat 29 Aug 2015, 6:53 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Finally got to watch the Gary Oldman version of tinker, tailor, solider , spy.

Have you see the bbc miniseries? It's so much better than the film, and in my opinion the best series I have seen on TV. I thought the film was very rushed and needlessly unfaithful to the book. There are 7 half hour episodes so you get a lot more than you do in the film, and the tremendous Alec Guinness was born to play George Smiley. I just wish they produced stuff like that nowadays instead of the likes of the god awful tommy and tuppence.

greengoblin

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 31 Aug 2015, 10:18 pm

Some recent watches;

Southpaw - decent but didn't live up to its hype at all. I also thought it was too emotional, and his daughter was really an irritating little squirt.

Forrest Gump - oh my, still an enjoyable classic as ever. I should probably read up on American history though, as I am still unsure on certain events that took place during this film setting.

Gladiator: Extended edition - it was cool to watch it with some unseen footage this time around. For me it's still an epic movie.

In the week I should be getting around to watching films I've never before seen, such as; Apocalypse Now, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Next, Hamburger Hill, Looper - I think watching Forrest Gump rekindled my interest in Vietnam War movies.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 01 Sep 2015, 7:21 am

If you haven't seen casualties of war, give it a go - my favourite nam movie (although saying favourite to the plot of the film is a little weird!)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 01 Sep 2015, 3:04 pm

greengoblin wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:Finally got to watch the Gary Oldman version of tinker, tailor, solider , spy.

Have you see the bbc miniseries? It's so much better than the film, and in my opinion the best series I have seen on TV. I thought the film was very rushed and needlessly unfaithful to the book.  There are 7 half hour episodes so you get a lot more than you do in the film, and the tremendous Alec Guinness was born to play George Smiley. I just wish they produced stuff like that nowadays instead of the likes of the god awful tommy and tuppence.

Greengoblin - yep, that was a tremendous bbc series. Guinness was on top form and there were also several great cameos from leading actors of the time (?1980). Believe each episode was more like 45-50 minutes but no matter.

Btw, understand your reference to ''the god awful tommy and tuppence'' although I do think there's something about Jessica Raine.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 01 Sep 2015, 3:07 pm

Mikey-dragon - you've a treat in store with a first watch of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. I envy you.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 01 Sep 2015, 3:49 pm

Saw Hitman: Agent 47 last night. Wasn't expecting anything great, but in fact for a videogame-based film it's not too bad. The fight scenes are well-choreographed and there's been a bit of thought put into how people die rather than the usual shoot/stab routines.

The plot is a bit bonkers (as expected) but overall it's fun enough without taking itself too seriously. 6.5/10

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 01 Sep 2015, 8:35 pm

Adam D wrote:If you haven't seen casualties of war, give it a go - my favourite nam movie (although saying favourite to the plot of the film is a little weird!)

Watching Marty McFly in a war still strikes me as odd. But I'll give it a try some time soon I guess.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 02 Sep 2015, 8:46 am

Bram Stoker's Dracula was on last night (Gary Oldman, Keanu Reeves, Winona Ryder). Forgot how creepy it was! Good film
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 02 Sep 2015, 12:27 pm

Two By Two

Went for a cheap cinema viewing with the kids. This cartoon about two animals attempting to get back on Noah's Arc was pretty funny, as well as being emotional, like they all are.

Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 02 Sep 2015, 12:59 pm

Stella wrote:Two By Two

Went for a cheap cinema viewing with the kids. This cartoon about two animals attempting to get back on Noah's Arc was pretty funny, as well as being emotional, like they all are.

I watched this on Sunday too! 

Hadnt heard about it but thought it was really good.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 02 Sep 2015, 1:02 pm

Adam D wrote:
Stella wrote:Two By Two

I watched this on Sunday too! 

Hadnt heard about it but thought it was really good.

I think I laughed as much as the kids. I was pleasantly surprised by it. £7.50 for four tickets as well. Great value!
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 02 Sep 2015, 1:19 pm

American Sniper.

It were alreet. Nothing special but very watchable. I didn't fall asleep once which means it must have been ok. I thought Cooper was perfectly adequate, and Sienna Miller was surprisingly good as the tormented wife.

Ultimately sad story and one that deserved a film. I thought Eastwood handled it well enough. It veered on the sensationalism now and again but it have been much worse in that respect.

Overall, not one I will be watching again but one I enjoyed nonetheless.

Scored a very credible 8.12454 on the Tino Scale of Cinematic Achievement.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by greengoblin Thu 03 Sep 2015, 9:19 pm

incontinentia wrote:Bram Stoker's Dracula was on last night (Gary Oldman, Keanu Reeves, Winona Ryder). Forgot how creepy it was! Good film

Haha yes I watched it as well. I always make a point of watching it when it's on even though I recognize its deeply flawed. Keanu Reeves' performance would be embarrassing in a school play, lacks structure, characters poorly developed. But like you say it's creepy, lots of scenes that make you go wtf (like Lucy and Dracula in wolf form bonking lol) and a charming use of old effects rather than cgi crap.

greengoblin

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 07 Sep 2015, 12:35 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Mikey-dragon - you've a treat in store with a first watch of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. I envy you.

Correct - it was a great movie. Has to be Nicholson's finest moment. I didn't expect it to end the way it did though.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 07 Sep 2015, 1:22 pm

Whiplash.

Can't say it was disappointing as I thought it would be sh*t and it was.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Mon 07 Sep 2015, 1:23 pm

Age of Ultron. Action scenes were good as expecting but definately the lamer of the Avengers/Cap franchise. Ultron starts out all creepy but ends up cracking one liners,I mean....

Do like Elizabeth Olsen tho.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 07 Sep 2015, 1:44 pm

San Andreas, nonsense, noisy nonsense, but nonsense all the same. TSMR seemed to enjoy it though. She is a reasonably undemanding sort though (feel free to insert your own punchlines here, I've set you up for them)

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 07 Sep 2015, 2:12 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:American Sniper.

It were alreet.  Nothing special but very watchable.  I didn't fall asleep once which means it must have been ok.  I thought Cooper was perfectly adequate, and Sienna Miller was surprisingly good as the tormented wife.  

Ultimately sad story and one that deserved a film.  I thought Eastwood handled it well enough.  It veered on the sensationalism now and again but it have been much worse in that respect.

Overall, not one I will be watching again but one I enjoyed nonetheless.

Scored a very credible 8.12454 on the Tino Scale of Cinematic Achievement.

I thought it was a very good film, not many films manage to keep the attention of my Mrs but she watched it all.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next