The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fights for 2015!

+9
hampo17
B.A. BARACUS
Hammersmith harrier
Herman Jaeger
kingraf
mobilemaster8
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Dipper Brown
tunes666
13 posters

Go down

Fights for 2015! Empty Fights for 2015!

Post by tunes666 Thu 25 Dec 2014, 10:57 pm

Im not sure if this has been covered yet but thought it would be interesting..

What fights would we like to see in 2015

I would like to see

Mayweather VS Khan  (if not that, then Mayweather V Pacman, although I think Pacman has lost his edge now)

A mix up of Klitschko VS Fury VS Wilder

Haye VS Joshua

Froch VS Degale

Kovalev VS Stevenson

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Fights for 2015! Empty Re: Fights for 2015!

Post by Dipper Brown Fri 26 Dec 2014, 11:30 am

Anything from Mayweather/ Pacquaio / Khan.

Failing that - Khan v. Brook.

Cotto v. Alvarez.

Froch v. GGG.

Groves v. DeGale.

Frampton v. Quigg.

Wlad v. Fury.

AJ v Chisora/Price.

Lee Selby world title shot.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Fri 26 Dec 2014, 11:31 am

Oh and Kov Stevenson. I think I'm being very, very ambitious with my hopes though.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 26 Dec 2014, 6:05 pm

Cotto vs Canelo

Maidana vs Bradley

Matthysse vs Crawford, Garcia vs Broner, although would love to see all these 4 agaisnt one another including a rematch between Garcia and Matthysse

Mikey Garcia vs Gamboa

Estrella vs Salido

Frampton vs Santa Cruz

GGG vs Lara, probably the best pure boxer that's an actual possibility and would be a real test if GGG cant land cleanly

GGG vs Lemieux, the other end of the scale if GGG isn't gonna be outboxed maybe he can be wiped out. Lemieux is probably the biggest puncher at 160 excluding GGG and may have a punchers chance as GGG can be hit

Froch vs Chavez jr

Lee vs BJS

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Fri 26 Dec 2014, 10:50 pm

Yeah GGG VS Froch would be good as well...

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 27 Dec 2014, 9:44 am

Big rumour in boxing circles is that Floyd Mayweather is in negotiations with Pacquiao AND Cotto for the May 2nd date.

Winning Cottos WBC Strap would make him the first fighter in history to hold 3 WBC Straps at the same time in different weights........

Also gives Cotto and Roach a chance to revenge the defeat to Floyd.....and at a higher weight....it could be interesting.

Thoughts on this?!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sat 27 Dec 2014, 9:48 am

Mobile8 - that fight fills me with dread. It will be fought at a Catchweight and if Mayweather wins he'll be shouting from the rooftops how he's the middleweight king as if GGG doesn't exist. Hope it doesn't happen (unless of course Cotto wipes him out).

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 27 Dec 2014, 11:00 am

I think it would be at least an interesting fight. Cotto, but virtue of being a fatty would probably be more comfortable at the weight. He gave Floyd a tough examination the first time out, maybe shorn of the responsibility of having to part with his baby fat for this one, and most importantly, fighting an even older Floyd, he can do even better. I don't like either man though, so I'd hope the fight ends in a loss for both of them.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sat 27 Dec 2014, 1:12 pm

Floyd , whatever you do, DON'T fight Manny , he'll spark you out. I go against the tide on this one who say you're favorite. Don't fight Manny whatever YOU do , he'll get through with one. I've been saying it for five years he'll scramble your senses. I don't know if YOU read social media but YOU'VE been very wise to take this stance , this is the one guy who'll beat your ass. You know that much deep down. You don't make a 25 list without the Pacman but you still got a nice resume. Top 40 of all time , still not too shabby. But the real legends took on allcomers win lose or draw. Funny how you missed your two most dangerous threats- Manny and GGG but hey maybe it was just coincidence after all.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 27 Dec 2014, 1:36 pm

Is that a serious post?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sat 27 Dec 2014, 1:38 pm

Two most dangerous threats. X two STANCES.

Yes. Very serious

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by B.A. BARACUS Sat 27 Dec 2014, 2:08 pm

Herman Jaggery wrote:Two most dangerous threats. X  two STANCES.

Yes. Very serious

According to Dan Rafael of ESPN.com negotiations for Mayweather/Pacquiao have stalled.

“As far as I know it’s been one-way traffic on Manny’s side trying to make it. As I understand it, Les Moonves is in contact with the Mayweather camp and not getting anywhere,” Dan Rafael said during Friday’s chat session on ESPN.com.

Doesn't surprise me at all. Mayweather's careful selection of opponents is becoming increasingly evident. Last year he claimed a fight against Khan was a distinct possibility due to Khan's popularity, credibility etc....now all of a sudden Khan is being dismissed as, according to Floyd, he is unable to draw flies to s***.

It looks likely that the Mayweather team is trying to poach the Cotto fight from Canelo as it conveniently exonerates him from fighting Pacquiao, it enables him to keep the May 2nd date, which Alvarez is keen to claim for himself and allows Mayweather to claim a middleweight strap by taking on an opponent he has beaten previously and would likely fancy his chances to beat again.

I would like to see Cotto pit himself against Alvarez but i think the financial allure/prestige of a rematch against Mayweather will sway him towards Floyd at 160lbs

B.A. BARACUS

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 27 Dec 2014, 3:06 pm

Dan Rafael is a mug and talks complete garbage 99% of the time, has a real grudge against Mayweather as well for some reason.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sat 27 Dec 2014, 3:18 pm

B.A. BARACUS wrote:
Herman Jaggery wrote:Two most dangerous threats. X  two STANCES.

Yes. Very serious

According to Dan Rafael of ESPN.com negotiations for Mayweather/Pacquiao have stalled.

“As far as I know it’s been one-way traffic on Manny’s side trying to make it. As I understand it, Les Moonves is in contact with the Mayweather camp and not getting anywhere,” Dan Rafael said during Friday’s chat session on ESPN.com.

Doesn't surprise me at all. Mayweather's careful selection of opponents is becoming increasingly evident. Last year he claimed a fight against Khan was a distinct possibility due to Khan's popularity, credibility etc....now all of a sudden Khan is being dismissed as, according to Floyd, he is unable to draw flies to s***.

It looks likely that the Mayweather team is trying to poach the Cotto fight from Canelo as it conveniently exonerates him from fighting Pacquiao, it enables him to keep the May 2nd date, which Alvarez is keen to claim for himself and allows Mayweather to claim a middleweight strap by taking on an opponent he has beaten previously and would likely fancy his chances to beat again.

I would like to see Cotto pit himself against Alvarez but i think the financial allure/prestige of a rematch against Mayweather will sway him towards Floyd at 160lbs  

Agree with every word of that  thumbsup

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 28 Dec 2014, 10:55 am

Off the top of my head:-

Kovalev v Stevenson (wonder what the  Haymon and Stevenson plan will be to get out of facing Pascal Kovalev winner,  no doubt it will have to be highly convoluted, Stevenson to carry on what he does best beating up on lesser fighters while calling himself the best.)

Ward v GGG or Ward v Kovalev (Really hope Ward can make his return this year for the good of boxing.)

Frampton/Santa Cruz/ Quigg//Galahad.  Any combination from these would be good.

Mayweather v Pacquaio (Mayweather fighting anybody else doesn't interest)

DeGale v Andre Dirrell (V interesting fight)

Others:-   Fury v Wlad , Matthysse v Garcia rematch. Maybe there a few more , I'm sure they'll come to me

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun 28 Dec 2014, 1:22 pm

Cotto can't make the full 160 limit and I doubt Floyd can either.....Catchweight at 155 or something . Not really a proper MW fight
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Sun 28 Dec 2014, 8:11 pm

Rumours going around Mayweather vs Salka, 2nd May....

But given Cotto is stalling on the Canelo fight, it's most likely Mayweather vs. Cotto at a 156lb catch weight for the middleweight title. Not a fight I really want to see.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by B.A. BARACUS Mon 29 Dec 2014, 12:09 am

It will be interesting to see whether the Mayweather vs Cotto fight is made considering the close relationship that Cotto has with Top Rank promotions, despite being a free agent.

Top rank put on the Cotto's last fight against Martinez and it is very feasible they will also promote his next one.

Considering how vocal Mayweather has been about Bob Arum's involvement being a barrier to making the Pacquiao fight, it will make him look rather foolish if a rematch with Cotto goes ahead under the Top Rank/Mayweather promotions banner

B.A. BARACUS

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 29 Dec 2014, 11:14 am

Mayweather and Cotto both deserve a kicking from the fans if that fight gets made. Who in their right mind wants to see that more than they do Floyd-Manny, or more than they want to see Cotto doing what a Middleweight champion is actually supposed to do and defend against Golovkin, or at the very least Alvarez (and that's without some daft catchweight, too)? Mayweather "making history" by beating a guy he's already beaten (and who is past his best by a distance) for the lineal Middleweight title (which he'll almost certainly never bother defending), against a guy who nobody considers the best Middle in the world, in a fight which takes not one, but two much better and more interesting fights up in smoke - and on top of all that probably at a catchweight, the kind of thing Mayweather and his fanatics used to want Pacquiao crucified for. No thanks.

Back on topic. As I said a while ago, looking back on a thread similar to this from twelve months ago I found it seriously depressing how few fights we wanted to see in 2014 actually came to fruition. Most of them were perfectly reasonable, too, and the natural next step for the fighters concerned.

I want Quigg-Frampton, Khan-Brook, Degale-Groves II, Wlad against the winner of Wilder-Stiverne, Mchunu-Huck, Kovalev-Stevenson, Ward to take on either of the last two guys I've mentioned, failing that Golovkin to step up to 168 to take on Ward or Froch, failing that Cotto to actually defend against Golovkin, Mayweather-Pacquiao, Bradley-Thurman, Crawford against either Danny Garcia or Matthysse, failing that a Danny Garcia-Matthysse rematch, Walters-Lomachenko or failing that Rigondeaux fighting one of those guys etc. But sadly based on the past few years, we can probably only expect two, maybe three of those fights suggested to actually happen.

If I had to narrow it down to a gold, silver and bronze, then, I'd go with Golovkin-Ward, Kovalev-Stevenson and Rigondeaux-Walters internationally. On the domestic front, Frampton-Quigg, Khan-Brook and Degale-Groves II. If the powers that be make even half of those six fights happen, I'll be mildly suprised. If the crank it up for four out of six, I'll be amazed.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Mon 29 Dec 2014, 1:23 pm

Wlad v. Fury

Cotto v. Canelo.

Canelo V. Lara 2 - first fight was 50/50 - would love to see it again

Mayweather v. Pacquaio/Khan.

Khan v. Brook/Bradley

Stevenson/Kovalev/Bertebiev Mixing it up

Groves v. DeGale.

Frampton v. LSC.

Joshua v Arreola/Chisora/Price.

Maidana/Thurman/Porter Mixing it up

Garcia vs Peterson - with no drug testing (to make it intersting fight...)

Crawford/Garcia/Mathysse

Love to see Mikey Garcia vs 135lb contenders

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 29 Dec 2014, 1:52 pm

He's going to be bad for boxing Al Haymon , he's into protecting his fighters.

I don't think he gives a toss about the fans. 2014 was a very bad year for matchmaking.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 30 Dec 2014, 3:13 am

Quigg vs Frampton (in belfast)

Warrington vs Selby (should Lee win the title)

Bellew vs Broner (seeing as Broner is walking around like a cruiser lol)

Rigondeaux vs Lomenchenko (at feather. Nobody will fight him at SBW so he needs to move up, get ranked and get mandatory and force a fight)

Mattysse vs Maidana

Thurman vs Provodnikov (Thurman makes a massive statement if he stops Prov)

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down