The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

January Transfer Window Thread 14-15 season

+27
JDizzle
BamBam
Mat
GSC
Roller_Coaster
Hero
lfc91
FootballLight
Good Golly I'm Olly
Gerry SA
Ent
Hammersmith harrier
super_realist
guildfordbat
hampo17
freemo
Marky
Dolphin Ziggler
nadeem2099
Liam
westisbest
compelling and rich
Crimey
kingraf
VDT
NickisBHAFC
Fernando
31 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

January Transfer Window Thread 14-15 season - Page 3 Empty January Transfer Window Thread 14-15 season

Post by Fernando Sun 28 Dec 2014, 4:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

With it opening in in a few days time who would you like to see your club bring in?

Elijero Elia has joined Southampton on Loan to go through on Jan 3
Nelson Oliviera has joined Swansea on loan to go through on Jan 3

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

January Transfer Window Thread 14-15 season - Page 3 Empty Re: January Transfer Window Thread 14-15 season

Post by Guest Tue 13 Jan 2015, 10:03 am

Jovetic possibly to Juventus

Back to top Go down

January Transfer Window Thread 14-15 season - Page 3 Empty Re: January Transfer Window Thread 14-15 season

Post by Guest Tue 13 Jan 2015, 10:12 am

Don't tell me Ravel Morrison is signing for Lazio? Imagine the trouble he will end up getting into in Rome. Disastrous.

As for Jovetic, makes sense, not good enough for City, wasn't a striker & City already clearing the way for Bony & helping with FFP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Jan 2015, 1:00 pm

Lucas Leiva out the door & Delph being signed would be some good business for Rodgers & Liverpool.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Jan 2015, 1:23 pm

The sooner Liverpool sign a player like Matic at Chelsea, the happier I'll be. One of their best players this season without a doubt.

Rumours that Arbeloa fancies returning to Liverpool. Not sure Rodgers will want to f*ck about with the defence now he's got it functioning at 55-60% though. Any news on Jon Flanagan's return?

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 13 Jan 2015, 1:25 pm

We're on the verge of signing Carles Gil fro Valencia. Attacking midfielder.
Dont watch La Liga, anyone know if this guy is any good?

Also our name thrown around with Morrison.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 13 Jan 2015, 4:27 pm

I'd be happy to snap up Lucas if we could. Delph too, but I think he'll go somewhere bigger being on a free.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Jan 2015, 5:27 pm

westisbest wrote:We're on the verge of signing Carles Gil fro Valencia. Attacking midfielder.
Dont watch La Liga, anyone know if this guy is any good?.

Seen him a few times, creative midfielder with an eye for a pass. He's not that great, hence why Valencia are selling. He's basically a Spanish version of Tom Cleverley & rarely scores.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Tue 13 Jan 2015, 5:52 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Guardian today claim United are on red alert to go after Messi. I can only see Gerry thinking that's possible
Name me a club that wouldn't want to sign the greatest player of time DZ. If a deal was possible I'd be delighted, but also disappointed that he left Barcelona.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 13 Jan 2015, 6:20 pm

Missing the point, which is a huge surprise

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Tue 13 Jan 2015, 6:29 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Missing the point, which is a huge surprise
Eternally optimistic my friend.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 13 Jan 2015, 6:32 pm

Being one of the only teams capable of signing him under FFP we'll always get linked to Messi and Ronaldo regardless of how impossible it would be.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Tue 13 Jan 2015, 6:40 pm

Media oultets in Spain claiming Bilbao's exceptional Frenchman Aymeric Laporte's joining Manchester United for £25m.

This figure just doesn't seem correct.

Look at the fuss Bilbao caused during the Ander Herrera deal. Unless the buyout(£32.6m) is activated, I can't see the deal happening.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 13 Jan 2015, 6:45 pm

Bilbao are an odd team and Laporte being French and not from the Basque country would affect how they regard him, not that I see us buying another young defender when we need experience.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Jan 2015, 7:28 pm

Even though he's highly regarded, I'm not sure signing a relatively inexperienced 20 year old, bringing him into a foreign league, placing him alongside brainless morons like Smalling & Jones, is going to do him any good or solve United's issues. Doubt this is true.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 13 Jan 2015, 7:33 pm

John wrote:Even though he's highly regarded, I'm not sure signing a relatively inexperienced 20 year old, bringing him into a foreign league, placing him alongside brainless morons like Smalling & Jones, is going to do him any good or solve United's issues. Doubt this is true.

Spot on, we have enough young defenders as it is, we don't need another.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 13 Jan 2015, 7:46 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
John wrote:Even though he's highly regarded, I'm not sure signing a relatively inexperienced 20 year old, bringing him into a foreign league, placing him alongside brainless morons like Smalling & Jones, is going to do him any good or solve United's issues. Doubt this is true.

Spot on, we have enough young defenders as it is, we don't need another.

to be fair id prefer decent young defenders who are alright on the ball instead of injury prone ones who cant play 3 games without getting injured and hoof the ball up the pitch all game

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Tue 13 Jan 2015, 7:52 pm

Laporte's left footed, surely that would seal the deal? censored censored

Anyway signing Laporte would be good only if a more experienced CB was also signed such as Hummels. But I cant't see LvG getting both.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 13 Jan 2015, 8:09 pm

havent seen much of him if im honest, but seen enough of jones and smalling to be convinced they haven't been good enough for a while

keep thinking if given a run they may settle like evans did few years next to vidic, but with there injury problems and no senior partner to help them out cant see it happening

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 13 Jan 2015, 8:11 pm

Laporte isn't pacey but even at 20 still better then what you have...

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 13 Jan 2015, 8:37 pm

Smalling needs to leave and go somewhere he can get back to basics. Could say similar of Jones but do feel he has more potential and things will click into place. Both would improve for being managed by Pulis or Allardyce.

No point not buying someone like that if scouts consider him good enough; not like you're not gonna buy a more experienced defender in the summer

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 13 Jan 2015, 8:47 pm

I feel the opposite Dolph, out of the two Smalling seems the more likely to come good, he's has games when he bloody good but I can't say the same of Jones.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 13 Jan 2015, 8:58 pm

LiamB wrote:
westisbest wrote:We're on the verge of signing Carles Gil fro Valencia. Attacking midfielder.
Dont watch La Liga, anyone know if this guy is any good?.

Seen him a few times, creative midfielder with an eye for a pass. He's not that great, hence why Valencia are selling. He's basically a Spanish version of Tom Cleverley & rarely scores.

Cheers liamb.

Nothing to get to excited about then.

Still hope he does well.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Jan 2015, 9:38 pm

Martí Perarnau, the Spanish football journalist described him like this, ‘If we speak of Carles Gil, we speak of talent, of technical quality, of a distinct player who can make neutral fans excited to see an Elche match (when he was on loan). He is a natural central midfielder, with pure technical ability with good vision and understanding of the game He's not been give the opportunity by Valencia, however, he is an exciting talent to watch, with the traditional Spanish strengths of technical ability and ball control.

Don't rule him out yet, shouldn't be too hard for him to make an impression at Villa instantly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 13 Jan 2015, 11:11 pm

John wrote:Lucas Leiva out the door & Delph being signed would be some good business for Rodgers & Liverpool.

Don't agree, last year I would have agreed but since Lucas has come back into the squad the team has really improved and he's added a layer of protection to the defence that Delph isn't really suited to. Think Delph for a small fee or on free in the summer would be a good deal but wouldn't want to get rid of Lucas who isn't like to command a big fee and doesn't have a natural replacement in the squad.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Jan 2015, 9:40 am

Lucas is nothing special, he's no Matic, ageing & quite injury prone. Too many rumours going around about him leaving, so he's obviously not wanted. I'd agree with John, at present & in this window, selling Lucas & bringing a cut price England international is good business. Okay, he's not a direct defensively focused midfielder like Lucas but, would be a good capture for this window.

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 14 Jan 2015, 10:06 am

John wrote:Martí Perarnau, the Spanish football journalist described him like this, ‘If we speak of Carles Gil, we speak of talent, of technical quality, of a distinct player who can make neutral fans excited to see an Elche match (when he was on loan). He is a natural central midfielder, with pure technical ability with good vision and understanding of the game He's not been give the opportunity by Valencia, however, he is an exciting talent to watch, with the traditional Spanish strengths of technical ability and ball control.

Don't rule him out yet, shouldn't be too hard for him to make an impression at Villa instantly.

Cheers John.

Sounds promising.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 14 Jan 2015, 10:30 am

LiamB wrote:Lucas is nothing special, he's no Matic, ageing & quite injury prone. Too many rumours going around about him leaving, so he's obviously not wanted. I'd agree with John, at present & in this window, selling Lucas & bringing a cut price England international is good business. Okay, he's not a direct defensively focused midfielder like Lucas but, would be a good capture for this window.

It's lazy journalism, at the start of the season there were a lot of rumours he was going to leave because he was out of the team, out of favour and obviously not wanted. Now he's started quite a lot of games in a row, kept Henderson and Can out of central midfield and has been a big part in the improvement in form that Liverpool have shown. 

I wouldn't say injury prone, he had two very big injuries other than that he's been healthy for pretty much his entire career. Don't think they're the same thing. He's also only 28, which is pretty much the prime of his career, not ageing. He's been around for a while.

I don't understand why both can't come and stay. Delph is not a replacement and would mean having to bring somebody else in because we have nobody else in the squad who does Lucas' job anyway.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Jan 2015, 11:49 am

Wolves complete the signing of Benik Afobe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 14 Jan 2015, 1:32 pm

And City complete the Bony deal.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 14 Jan 2015, 7:36 pm

Unsurprisingly Norwich are being linked with Hamilton players because why do proper journalism
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Jan 2015, 10:12 am

Arsenal signing defending midfielder Krystian Bielik from Poland. Typical Wenger signing at 17 years old, no impact on improving the first team, just hoping he develops in five years time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Jan 2015, 12:24 pm

Schneiderlin out for a month, so doubt he will leaving Southampton. Not surprised Wenger is signing another youngster, probably put off from signing Moussa Sissoko for a ridiculous £25m

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 15 Jan 2015, 12:55 pm

Leicester look set to sign Maloney.

Stephen Warnock gone to Derby.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 15 Jan 2015, 3:30 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/jan/15/lucas-leiva-liverpool-brendan-rodgers

Article explaining why selling Lucas Leiva would be a silly decision.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 15 Jan 2015, 4:45 pm

Jermain Defoe heading to Sunderland in a straight swap for Jozy Altidore

You just got mugged America LOL

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Jan 2015, 4:51 pm

Fernando wrote:You just got mugged America LOL

You mean, Canada Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 15 Jan 2015, 4:55 pm

John wrote:
Fernando wrote:You just got mugged America LOL

You mean, Canada Very Happy

Both if your want to be specific Wink since he'll be owned by the MLS but moved to Toronto Whistle It's how it works for some reason Erm

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 15 Jan 2015, 5:09 pm

They like him, he'll probably score for fun over there. So thats a swap deal of 25 year old international striker Jozy Altidore for 32 year old wantaway striker Defoe

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Thu 15 Jan 2015, 5:44 pm

Been a while since I was on here and really do need to catch up.

Who would I like to see Reading sign? If I'm honest, no one. Steve Clarke is finding it hard enough as it is getting to know players he has been working with for around a month or so now and is getting to learn them more, game by game. I don't feel we lack real quality anywhere on the pitch (although a couple more squad players will never hurt). But, I don't think we want to make his task any harder by bringing new players into a good group of players he rarely knows so far. The summer is the best option for me personally.

Bony to Man City? Wrong move. Good money that is to pay for a striker. But as you can see with Lukaku, the higher the price, the higher the demand really and it hasn't clicked for Lukaku as much as it did last season. Young players feel pressure. However, Bony isn't young but there is a lot of weight of expectation to deliver goals when he plays, IF he plays. As we can see, it doesn't always work out with some players as the demand is so high. I can only see Bony turning out to be like Sinclair after a while. A different option, yes, but isn't Edin Dzeko a similar physical player that is good in the air and capable of scoring goals at the highest level already? As well as having more Premier League, European and Champions League experience himself. Good deal for Swansea, although, a striker is needed for them and to improve on various fields of play.

Defoe to Sunderland is a really good move. A goalscoring striker is exactly what plenty of teams in this league needs. I'm sure the £3-4m fee that Toronto were wishing to sell him for wouldn't be so much for the likes of Aston Villa, Hull, West Brom etc to pay. A striker who knows where the net is, knows what it takes in the Premier League and has Premier League, European and Champions League experience under his belt would not be ad at all. Especially a swap deal with no fee's involved. He may not be one for the long-term, but when your at the bottom, does that matter? No. You just need a instant impact. Altidore has offered very little in terms of goals for Sunderland and it just doesn't look as if he was right for the Premier League. Strikers in this league and at Sunderland's level just don't get second chances in the Premier League, he is one of them players that should remain in America.

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 15 Jan 2015, 10:04 pm

Palace have bid for Swansea's Neil Taylor apparently. £3m. Good player but don't see why Swansea would sell. Palace should go for Shelvey, who I also wish we'd go after

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 15 Jan 2015, 11:10 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Palace have bid for Swansea's Neil Taylor apparently. £3m. Good player but don't see why Swansea would sell. Palace should go for Shelvey, who I also wish we'd go after

Weird bid, Swansea's first choice left back and £3 million isn't much for a decent player who is still only young.

Not sure they'd sell Shelvey either, he's also first choice and without a bid of £10m+ which he isn't really worth, no reason for Swansea to sell.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 15 Jan 2015, 11:17 pm

Is Shelvey first choice? Criticised by his manager and probably behind Ki and level pegging with Britton. Definitely behind Sigurdsson.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 15 Jan 2015, 11:19 pm

M'Vila could be in talks with QPR and/or us apparently

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 15 Jan 2015, 11:48 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Is Shelvey first choice? Criticised by his manager and probably behind Ki and level pegging with Britton. Definitely behind Sigurdsson.

I'd say so, he's played 16 games this year compared to Britton's 7 and Ki's 20. I'd say Sigurdsson plays a different position usually than Shelvey does. Whilst maybe not a guaranteed starter, I'd definitely say he's firmly in first team plans so to sign him would require a bid of more than he is worth I'd guess.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Jan 2015, 9:54 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:M'Vila could be in talks with QPR and/or us apparently

M'vila, isn't he basically the hyped defensive midfielder, who in his prime, decided to go for the money in Russia? No wonder QPR are interested in this joke.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 16 Jan 2015, 5:35 pm

LiamB wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:M'Vila could be in talks with QPR and/or us apparently

M'vila, isn't he basically the hyped defensive midfielder, who in his prime, decided to go for the money in Russia? No wonder QPR are interested in this joke.

Why shouldn't he have gone to Russia if they were offering him better money?

Comments like this are the pits of stupidity, in any walk of life if you can get paid more for doing the same job elsewhere wouldn't you choose the better paid option?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Jan 2015, 5:44 pm

Not sure I agree, early to mid 20's & he's rushing off to Russia for a payday, instead of staying in the major leagues of Europe & making a name for himself & career. Now everybody knows his character, he's gone from a highly talented player to being thrown around on loans to teams like QPR. He also has previous which is hardly surprising, banned by the French FA & he went around slapping someone, pretty pathetic.

Be typical if he ends up at QPR though, stupid Redknapp will fall for it no doubt. See Harry's reasons for Wright Phillips not wanting to go out on loan. Embarrassing manager.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 16 Jan 2015, 5:49 pm

Why should he care what people on forums think, he's doing what's best for him and that is earning bigger money, you'd be a fool to turn it down just to make a name for yourself. It's not as if Russia is a minor league anyway.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 16 Jan 2015, 11:56 pm

West Ham eyeing Lewis Dunk as an option in the summer if Reid leaves apparently. Would rather get some real quality, but dont mind if he's a sub

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat 17 Jan 2015, 10:05 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Why should he care what people on forums think, he's doing what's best for him and that is earning bigger money, you'd be a fool to turn it down just to make a name for yourself. It's not as if Russia is a minor league anyway.

Cold and full of racists though.

It's an easier route to big money as the top European clubs pay as well if not better than Russian clubs.

You'll be a millionaire playing top level football, not like it was his only way to be rich.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next