The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miami Heat vs Dallas Mavericks

+4
BamBam
Bull
Thomond
The_Phenom
8 posters

Go down

Miami Heat vs Dallas Mavericks Empty Miami Heat vs Dallas Mavericks

Post by The_Phenom Fri 27 May 2011, 11:03 am

So the 2011 NBA Playoff finals is set for a Miami & Dallas Clash. Both teams have been dominant in the playoffs with Miami winning every series 4-1.

Who do you think will win the finals and how many games do you think us fans will get to see?

I'm predicting this will be fairly close with the Heat ultimately taking down the series 4-2.

Lebron to be crowned playoff MVP

The_Phenom

Back to top Go down

Miami Heat vs Dallas Mavericks Empty Re: Miami Heat vs Dallas Mavericks

Post by Thomond Fri 27 May 2011, 1:34 pm

American Airlines series part II?

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Fri 27 May 2011, 3:50 pm

not happy with miami beating the Bulls by 3 .... Dallas to win in 7

Playoff MVP nowiski

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Phenom Fri 27 May 2011, 4:06 pm

TheBrahmaBull wrote:not happy with miami beating the Bulls by 3 .... Dallas to win in 7

Playoff MVP nowiski

No way Miami lose now, their role players have stepped up and the return of Haslem has made a huge impact. Plus with lebron playing the way he is atm I can't see how Dallas get past Miami

The_Phenom

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 27 May 2011, 6:03 pm

Going for the Heat in 7, Lebron to be finals MVP but Dirk to average close to 30ppg because I don't think he can be guarded effectively by any one player on the Heat roster

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by wadey101 Tue 31 May 2011, 10:11 am

It's the finals that I predicted in an earlier thread and I'm sticking with the Mavs to win in 6! Dirk for mvp!

wadey101

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 31 May 2011, 12:53 pm

I would love for the Mavs to win this, I feel that Dirk really deserves a ring and that they are a great team which has been solidly built.

However, I just can't see how they can beat the Heat when they are in this kind of form. They look unstoppable...

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Phenom Wed 01 Jun 2011, 9:42 am

Miami just turn the heat on in the 4th Q. They have destroyed every team in the last quarter of games in this years playoffs.

The_Phenom

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 01 Jun 2011, 2:25 pm

The Miami defence has been incredible, to hold the Mavs without a point in three and a half minutes just says it all. If they win the next game I can't see Dallas coming back, no matter how well Dirk plays

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Phenom Wed 01 Jun 2011, 2:47 pm

If Miami win the finals I'm going to be very excited for next season. The big teams will realise to compete against the Heat they will need atleast two legitimate allstars on their team. Dwight Howard and chris paul will be the prized asset in this years transfer window. I can see Howard going to the Lakers and Paul going to New York. However I would love to see the Clippers sign a big name player, that team has awesome potential with their young talent, they just need someone to command and lead the team. I hope Blake Griffin has been working on defense in the off-season.

The_Phenom

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 01 Jun 2011, 3:33 pm

I would prefer to see Howard going to Chicago or Boston. No real reasons other than the fact that I dislike the Lakers Wink

In all seriousness I think the Celtics will make a big push for him, as will the Bulls and they both probably have more to trade than the Lakers do.
Chris Paul is one of my favourite players to watch, if he went to the Knicks they would instantly become one of the top teams in the league in my opinion.
The question is are there enough grizzled vets who would play for the minimum to go around, considering Miami and New York would be looking for similar types of players

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by wadey101 Fri 03 Jun 2011, 12:22 pm

Incredible comeback last night from the Mavs. I thought it was all over when Miami went 15 points up but what a comeback!

Thought Wade had an amazing game though (apart from flop at end) and James was good for most of it but they just couldn't hit a shot in the final few minutes.

What an effort from Dirk, not one of his best games but turned it on in the 4th and that is a massive win. If they'd of gone down 2-0 then it would have been hard to see a way back but not they have the edge. Bring on Sunday night!

wadey101

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 03 Jun 2011, 12:40 pm

That is just what this series needed, if Miami went to Dallas 2-0 up I don't think we would have made it past game 5. I reckon Lebron and Co will come storming back in 2 of these games to retake home advantage.

To all those who said Wade had to dominate for the Heat to win, what do you think now? Lebron steps back and the Heat fail to close the game. Coincidence? I love watching Dwyane Wade but it is looking like Lebron is the key to the Heat's success

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Phenom Fri 03 Jun 2011, 2:33 pm

Yeah Wade has been vacant since the start of the Bulls series. I predicted a 4-2 series win for the heat against the mavs and i'm sticking to it. Considering how dominate the heat have been in the playoffs, if they loose now Lebron will never get over the hump.

The_Phenom

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mangler US_UK Fri 03 Jun 2011, 6:18 pm

Don't know whether Spoelstra fell asleep at the wheel during the last 7 minutes or his players weren't listening. I couldnt' believe that Miami resorted to shooting long range. And they had a foul to give at the end -- you gotta use it it with only seconds left and make the Mavs reset.

Awesome comeback though.

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Post by Packman4 Thu 09 Jun 2011, 1:59 pm

LeChicken sucked in Game 4

I like D Wade but wish LeChicken would disappear!

A Dirk fan but more a Heat fan as well so torn due to LeChicken!

Packman4

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 14 Jun 2011, 4:36 pm

I gave Lebron a dollar he said he would give me one back but he only had 75cents he said, "Sorry i dont have a 4th quarter"

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down