The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roland Garros - Copy of ATP Thingy©

+3
cats_r_cool
socal1976
dresdten
7 posters

Go down

Roland Garros - Copy of ATP Thingy©  Empty Roland Garros - Copy of ATP Thingy©

Post by dresdten Fri 27 May 2011, 5:54 pm

Well, as Stealth Maestro is still not posting his Patent Pending ATP Thingy, I decedied to try it. I'm not sure all the points from last year are correct (they are for major amounts, but maybe there is some error in the peanuts points gallery Wink) Also, I did not check to see if anybody not in the Rome ATP Thingy first 16 places has risen above 16th place.

This is a cross-section in the mid of 3rd round, Gasquet and Warwinka are still playing their games.

This is a cross-section after the 3rd round.

Final Score

Please report any obvious errors (and even more - not so obvious ones Wink)

Last edited by dresdten on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 10:15 pm; edited 14 times in total

dresdten

Back to top Go down

Roland Garros - Copy of ATP Thingy©  Empty Re: Roland Garros - Copy of ATP Thingy©

Post by Guest Fri 27 May 2011, 7:05 pm

Thanks for taking up the mantle dresdten.

Not a bad effort 1st go an all.

I've never understood the mechanics of the ranking system thoroughly enough to help out.

But I'm sure someone on here will support you with data if need be.

Back to top Go down

Roland Garros - Copy of ATP Thingy©  Empty Re: Roland Garros - Copy of ATP Thingy©

Post by dresdten Fri 27 May 2011, 8:32 pm

Updated for tonight.

Btw, it's the same "rules" as the Original Thingy - bolds are ones that are still "In the game".

dresdten

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri 27 May 2011, 8:57 pm

Where is stealth by the way, I miss his points breakdown and his wit. Good effort dresdten. Nice contribution.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by cats_r_cool Sat 28 May 2011, 10:18 am

I miss Stealth as well. But thanks to Dresdten for the points thingy.

cats_r_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by I AM AWESOME Sat 28 May 2011, 12:17 pm

What happened to Stealth? did he leave?

Oh and BTW that's a very good table and that's on a first try as well! Well done. thumbsup

I AM AWESOME

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 May 2011, 3:23 pm

As far as I know, he wasn't content with my moderation, as such.

Fair do's, we're only human after all.

Thats what happens with a new site, the settling down into a rhythm can take time and effort from all involved.

I hope he comes back though.

Back to top Go down

Post by dresdten Sat 28 May 2011, 6:59 pm

Updated to After 3rd Round State Wink

I've also added the points for Berdych, Ferrer and Alamgro for Nice (90, 45 and 250 respectively). Hopefully this is what it is in reality Smile

dresdten

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sat 28 May 2011, 9:42 pm

Welcome to the forum dresdten......I hope you enjoy yourself here : )

Thanks for doing the..ATP thingy.....it's very much appreciated.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by zaron Sat 28 May 2011, 10:05 pm

I noticed that some of the "Old Totals" are incorrect (for Ferrer, Berdych, Gasquet, Almagro, Troicki). You can find the "Old Totals" (at the time of this post for Monday May 23rd) here: http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/Singles.aspx

For example, Almagro won Nice, but he already had a full complement of 250 W's, so his points didn't change after Nice.

Also I believe Ferrer only had 90 points from RG 2010.

zaron

Back to top Go down

Post by dresdten Sun 29 May 2011, 12:32 am

For example, Almagro won Nice, but he already had a full complement of 250 W's, so his points didn't change after Nice.

If you're sure of that, I'll change it. What's wrong with Berdych - he also does not count his Nice points or what? Ferrer also?

Also I believe Ferrer only had 90 points from RG 2010.

Yes, you're right - he lost from Melzer 3:0, in the same round as Roddick and Troicki, must have forgot to change it and did not noticed. Repaired! Thanks! Smile

Last edited by dresdten on Sun 29 May 2011, 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total

dresdten

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun 29 May 2011, 12:35 am

Good work guys!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by zaron Sun 29 May 2011, 5:26 am

Berdych counts his Nice points, but according to the ATP website he has 4200.
Maybe he lost points (after Rome) from the 2010 World Team Championship --- this year he played Nice instead.

Ferrer does not count the 45 from Nice because his lowest 250 is a 90 --- so his Old Total = 4060.

Troicki gains 25 points --- his Old Total = 1840. He replaces 45 from Doha with the 70 he won at the World Team Championship.
This moves him up a few places.

zaron

Back to top Go down

Post by zaron Sun 29 May 2011, 5:39 am

Simon is now into the top 16. He is ahead of Youzhny by 5 points.

Simon:Old #=18, Old Total=1565, Points Gained=180, Points Dropped=0, New Total=1745

zaron

Back to top Go down

Post by dresdten Sun 29 May 2011, 10:21 am

Berdych counts his Nice points, but according to the ATP website he has 4200.

Yup! My bad - when I checked the ATP rankings site and comapre it to Nice web site for results, I mistakenly read the date on the top of Web site, and deduced (wrongly Wink) that it was finished AFTER the May 23rd points were posted.

Ok, back to the drawing board Wink I've changed back "Before" points to the actual ATP site rankings, i.e. to the time before I had Great Idea to count in Nice Wink

Simon:Old #=18, Old Total=1565, Points Gained=180, Points Dropped=0, New Total=1745
Added, thanks! Keep checking Smile

dresdten

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sun 29 May 2011, 1:58 pm

Welcome to the forum, zaron : )

I hope you like it here

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by dresdten Mon 30 May 2011, 4:31 pm

Updated to end of 4th Round - with Djokovic already in 1/2 finals, and Soderling practicaly won over Simon.

dresdten

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 30 May 2011, 4:51 pm

Regardless of what happens Nadal's lead over Novak will shrink even further even if Novak loses in the semis. The pressure he is applying right now is relentless dresdten.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by dresdten Wed 01 Jun 2011, 1:05 am

Regardless of what happens Nadal's lead over Novak will shrink even further even if Novak loses in the semis. The pressure he is applying right now is relentless dresdten.
Well, yes, but its not as that Djokovic is putting pressure on his own, its part of the System - no sleeping on tha laurels Wink Just like the pressure will be on Djokovic next year. And I can't imagine anybody can be so lucky year after year Wink

Dont forget that he very easily loses his temper (not uncomon effect od prolonged use of whatwas it they are called Wink and he cannot always have rain or other players injury to come to his rescue, or to have just about every player that is about to defeat him, loses his nerve Wink

As for temper, well I would love to see him playing Murray in the Finals - he was so peed at Murray last time they played, he was swearing all the time - "F**l off you dirty ball pimpler" or something similar Wink as Murray's way of playing was quite irritating to him Wink

dresdten

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed 01 Jun 2011, 6:44 am

dresdten, if Novak wasn't playing better this year in each and every tournament than Nadal wouldn't be under pressure, he had a huge lead at the start of the season and could have easily dropped some events and not had to worry. Except that one guy is winning everything and is not just defending his points but exceeding his results every week. Certainly, Djokovic will be under pressure next year that is the breaks of being #1. But I don't really care as much about the weekly rankings, at the end of the year that is when the true #1 is coronated and its a points race.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by dresdten Fri 03 Jun 2011, 8:41 pm

Well, one more update left Wink

dresdten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down