The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wimbledon - Copy of ATP Thingy

+3
Simple_Analyst
dummy_half
dresdten
7 posters

Go down

Wimbledon - Copy of ATP Thingy Empty Wimbledon - Copy of ATP Thingy

Post by dresdten Mon 20 Jun 2011, 2:43 pm

Do not pay attention to the man behind the curtain ... ups, no, that's from another BB Wink - to the colours of rows, they will be adjusted once points start to come in, as will the new interim positions.

(Image of table)
Actually - No image of table - and no further ATP Thingy as well. Sorry, but I'm not willing to lose my time when moderators don't even understand what the post is about.

Now I see why the maker of the Original ATP Thingy has left.

I think all data is as it should be, but please do check them.

Last edited by dresdten on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 10:03 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Add Spolier tags and description)

dresdten

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon - Copy of ATP Thingy Empty Re: Wimbledon - Copy of ATP Thingy

Post by dummy_half Mon 20 Jun 2011, 3:24 pm

New # rankings are wrong - Djokovic passes Rafa to provisional #1, Berdy drops below Monfils and level with Fish, Troicki drops below Gasquet and Stan (pretty tight at that level in the rankings considering he's only losing 45 point), and Simon drops below Youzhny.

As we've already highlighted, Rafa can only keep the #1 ranking by successfully defending the title with Djokovic not making the final (noting that they are in opposite halves, so they could meet in the final). Even if Djoko was to lose in R1, Rafa loses the top spot if he only finishes as runner up.

Federer cannot catch Djokovic but can pass Nadal to #2 if Rafa fails to make the final and Roger wins.

Murray cannot advance his ranking but could be passed by Soderling if Robin wins the title and Andy loses by Round 3.

Ferrer can possibly catch Soderling if Robin loses early and DF makes the quarters (or the semis if Sod makes it to round 3).

Would take a tournament win from Monfils, Fish, Berdych or Roddick to overhaul Ferrer, with Monfils theoretically being in range of Soderling.
Berdych is in the bad position of having huge points to defend - even a normal performance will probably see him drop out of the top 8, and a poor tournament may even see him below #10 depending on what else happens - the likes of Troicki, Gasquet and Stan don't have much to defend and could make some places up.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by dresdten Mon 20 Jun 2011, 3:36 pm

New # rankings are wrong
No they're not - here is the salient point again

"they will be adjusted once points start to come in, as will the new interim positions."

dresdten

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Mon 20 Jun 2011, 3:46 pm

dresdten

Sorry, it's just a bit confusing at the moment, and I'm used to how Cogen used to do it on 666 - makes sense to re-order them now based on the 'new' points (i.e. after knocking of Wimbledon 2010), otherwise Djokovic goes to #1 only after his first match.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon 20 Jun 2011, 5:01 pm

dummy_half, you should study the ranking properly. Nadal can only fall back to No.1 at worst regardless of who wins. A win or making the finals for Djokovic will guarantee the title regardless of what happens elsewhere. Federer cannot become No.1 even with a win neither can he lose No.3 regardless of what happens.
That is just for the top 3.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon 20 Jun 2011, 5:11 pm

Reallistically then:

Berdy dropping right back into the chasing pack, and could lose some ranking spots.

The battle for n°1,2 and 3. Djokovic is in a great position to overtake Nadal, who could also be overtaken by Fed.

Ferrer and Sod could swap places if Sod has a poor tournament and Ferrer a good one.

10 through to about 15 is very tight, and there could be some moves there if someone has either a ver good tournament or an early exit.

Unreallistically:

Sod could overtake Murray in theory, but prob won't.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by dresdten Mon 20 Jun 2011, 5:14 pm

makes sense to re-order them now based on the 'new' points

Yes it is. And it will be done after round 1 (and magnificent 10 points trove Smile) For now I only prepared the field (so to speak Wink)

dresdten

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Mon 20 Jun 2011, 7:58 pm

When posting images please use spolier tags as outlined in the recent announcement regarding images.

https://www.606v2.com/t7094-images-on-606v2

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 20 Jun 2011, 8:06 pm

Enforcer i have answered your message. (pm) censored
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Mon 20 Jun 2011, 8:10 pm

Thank you, just sent a reply.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Mon 20 Jun 2011, 8:22 pm

Where is Davydenko?

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by dresdten Mon 20 Jun 2011, 10:07 pm

Enforcer wrote:When posting images please use spolier tags as outlined in the recent announcement regarding images.

You do understand that the wholle point of this thread is to SEE the image of rankings table, and see it updating from round to round. Anybody who DO NOT want to "look at the images" (b/c he's at work! - mus tbe people who work in the 19th century? Wink) has no use of this thread. Anyway, you're a barrel of fun ;> Well, keep your Spolers - and so long. No more images for you to worry about. Enjoy! Smile

dresdten

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Mon 20 Jun 2011, 10:22 pm

dresdten wrote:
Enforcer wrote:When posting images please use spolier tags as outlined in the recent announcement regarding images.

You do understand that the wholle point of this thread is to SEE the image of rankings table, and see it updating from round to round. Anybody who DO NOT want to "look at the images" (b/c he's at work! - mus tbe people who work in the 19th century? Wink) has no use of this thread. Anyway, you're a barrel of fun ;> Well, keep your Spolers - and so long. No more images for you to worry about. Enjoy! Smile
clap clap clap

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Mon 20 Jun 2011, 10:23 pm

dresdten wrote:Do not pay attention to the man behind the curtain ... ups, no, that's from another BB Wink - to the colours of rows, they will be adjusted once points start to come in, as will the new interim positions.

(Image of table)
Actually - No image of table - and no further ATP Thingy as well. Sorry, but I'm not willing to lose my time when moderators don't even understand what the post is about.

Now I see why the maker of the Original ATP Thingy has left.

I think all data is as it should be, but please do check them.

I enjoyed reading your post. Don't worry about mods much. Keep posting.

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down