The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australian Open Day 10-14 - Djokurray! And others! :P

+27
Calder106
HM Murdock
Silver
sportslover
Jeremy_Kyle
slashermcguirk
sirfredperry
Dave.
Pal Joey
Danny_1982
Belovedluckyboy
Jermaine2015
It Must Be Love
Josiah Maiestas
kingraf
shivfan
bogbrush
laverfan
sportform
ZZ
socal1976
CaledonianCraig
temporary21
Aut0Gr4ph
Johnyjeep
Jahu
Born Slippy
31 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Australian Open Day 10-14 - Djokurray! And others! :P - Page 6 Empty Australian Open Day 10-14 - Djokurray! And others! :P

Post by Born Slippy Sun 01 Feb 2015, 11:24 am

First topic message reminder :

Keep him down Andy. No mental lapse.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Australian Open Day 10-14 - Djokurray! And others! :P - Page 6 Empty Re: Australian Open Day 10-14 - Djokurray! And others! :P

Post by banbrotam Sun 01 Feb 2015, 10:51 pm

temp. For me it's mentally not been in that place for 18 months - it's like when we go on holiday and then have to push ourselves back into work, we're all a bit mentally lazy for a few days. Top sportsman have no such luxury. Rafa finds himself in the same zone below Novak but I'm confident both will improve that aspect of the game

And we need them to, because it's blindly obvious (as I've mentioned a few times) that other than Stan and perhaps Kei (interestingly two players who I always believed in, but was called the equivalent of 'mental' for doing so several times in the past Whistle ) nobody has a chance of getting anywhere close to Novak at the slams, on a consistent basis

It says it all when a half crippled 'pusher', can still comfortably stay in the Top 10 and as soon as he's fit reach his umpteenth slam final Rolling Eyes

So I'm pleased to say that this year depends on the much maligned usual suspects, Novak, Rafa and Andy, for our slam final entertainment who just happen to have won all but two of the last 10 slams or so

I'm sure somewhere with a glass of the finest whiskey in his hand, bogbrush is in despair Wink

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Australian Open Day 10-14 - Djokurray! And others! :P - Page 6 Empty Re: Australian Open Day 10-14 - Djokurray! And others! :P

Post by socal1976 Mon 02 Feb 2015, 4:59 am

banbrotam wrote:temp. For me it's mentally not been in that place for 18 months - it's like when we go on holiday and then have to push ourselves back into work, we're all a bit mentally lazy for a few days. Top sportsman have no such luxury. Rafa finds himself in the same zone below Novak but I'm confident both will improve that aspect of the game

And we need them to, because it's blindly obvious (as I've mentioned a few times) that other than Stan and perhaps Kei (interestingly two players who I always believed in, but was called the equivalent of 'mental' for doing so several times in the past   Whistle  ) nobody has a chance of getting anywhere close to Novak at the slams, on a consistent basis

It says it all when a half crippled 'pusher', can still comfortably stay in the Top 10 and as soon as he's fit reach his umpteenth slam final Rolling Eyes

So I'm pleased to say that this year depends on the much maligned usual suspects, Novak, Rafa and Andy, for our slam final entertainment who just happen to have won all but two of the last 10 slams or so

I'm sure somewhere with a glass of the finest whiskey in his hand, bogbrush is in despair Wink

Great post, I think Wawrinka has moved himself into the conversation as a player who can compete at this level and Kei looks to be knocking on the door. Still it is the usual suspects that are doing all the heavy lifting at the tail end of the slams. And I think for the next couple of years it is going to continue.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Mon 02 Feb 2015, 5:10 pm

Impressed with this article. A media Tennis watcher, who doesn't think Murray is a disgrace Wink It'd be great if Cash and Lloyd could summarise with such grace

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2015/feb/01/andy-murray-australian-open

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Feb 2015, 5:46 pm

Grace? Really?

Lloyd and Cash are well within their rights to criticise Murray for Sunday.

I am so fed up with this notion that top players are beyond criticism. Thing is Banbro like Lloyd said, if Andy was a virgin slam finalist then yep I could understand him not being able to handle any distractions. Andy is a multi slam winner and has been in many finals and has been in matches when the opponent has struggled physically. There is no room for someone of his calibre to be distracted by a hurt thumb.

Andy made another final yay great. The frustrating thing with this defeat is Novak let him in time and time again and Andy failed each time to take advantage and go for the jugular.

If I was Andy's coach the first thing I would've done post match was take that silver platter and smashed him round the head with it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Mon 02 Feb 2015, 7:45 pm

Andy Murray is the definition of a loser. Had Djokovic not gifted him two titles, Murray would simply to known as the greatest mental midget of all time.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Feb 2015, 8:05 pm

It's got to be said your the definition of stupidity Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Mon 02 Feb 2015, 9:24 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:Grace? Really?

Lloyd and Cash are well within their rights to criticise Murray for Sunday.

I am so fed up with this notion that top players are beyond criticism. Thing is Banbro like Lloyd said, if Andy was a virgin slam finalist then yep I could understand him not being able to handle any distractions. Andy is a multi slam winner and has been in many finals and has been in matches when the opponent has struggled physically. There is no room for someone of his calibre to be distracted by a hurt thumb.

Andy made another final yay great. The frustrating thing with this defeat is Novak let him in time and time again and Andy failed each time to take advantage and go for the jugular.

If I was Andy's coach the first thing I would've done post match was take that silver platter and smashed him round the head with it!

Yeah, tend to agree. Its well and good to say that he did well to make the final (and it is fantastic given where he was last year) but this is a guy who should be building a legacy as a great of the game. It was understandable to lose focus in set 3 but he should have been experienced enough to re-group in set 4.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Feb 2015, 9:45 pm

Exactly BS.

Years ago we all said give him time and he'll grow into his own after the US Open final in 08. To a large part he has.

Such a lapse and meltdown after 2 Slam wins and 5 finals under his belt he should be equipped to deal with any situation on the court.

Like you say, he should be legacy building at this stage in his career.

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Mon 02 Feb 2015, 11:05 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:It's got to be said your the definition of stupidity Smile

Think you are being a bit over generous with the compliments lk Laugh

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6