The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan vs Guerrero

+8
Scottrf
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Young_Towzer
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
alanqlm
Liam_Main
azania
Peacehavenboy
12 posters

Go down

Khan vs Guerrero Empty Khan vs Guerrero

Post by Peacehavenboy Sat 28 May 2011, 2:44 am

I have read on boxingscene that Khan might be taking on Guerrero ( I know that we can't rely on that website 100% ) But if that fight got made how do you guys see it panning out?
Personally, I have only seen Guerrero fight once ( against Katsidis ) but he looked very good and on that performance I see him stepping up a weight and giving Khan nightmares ( that's why I think Khan won't fight him )

Paul

Peacehavenboy

Back to top Go down

Khan vs Guerrero Empty Re: Khan vs Guerrero

Post by azania Sat 28 May 2011, 4:09 am

Wasn't Guerrero a featherweight 2 years ago?

Khan will be too big and strong for him. Plus Khan is not a come forward, face first fighter like Kats. Added to that I dont see Guererro having a chance.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sat 28 May 2011, 4:13 am

Guerrero defated Katsidis behind the jab he didn't let Katsidis get any where near him to land any of his big shots. Also Katisidis while being exciting is very one-dimensional and just trys walking down his opponent and someone with a decent one enough jab should comfortably beat him if they stay on task something that Kevin Mitchell didn't do.

But as I was saying Guerrero wouldn't be able to pose the same threat on Khan a because Khans quicker than him and b because Khans has the height and reach advantage. If Guerrero stood toe to toe with Khan I think he would have problems just like in some part of the Katisidis fight.

My prediction would be a close Khan UD with Guerrero causing Khan one or two problems in a sure to be exciting fight.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Sat 28 May 2011, 4:29 am

I just don't think Khan can win to be honest. At different times people have been calling for Guerrero, Judah, Ortiz even Kats.

All these guys would batter Khan, until he actually looks like fighting one of them then they are an easy payday, Ortiz-no guts, Judah-past it, Kats-just not very good, Guerrero-blown up featherweight.

Seems the poor boy will only get some credit if he fights Bradley, which is seeming like ain't possible at the minute.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 28 May 2011, 4:40 am

I think guerrero could win. He was a featherweight yes, but looked huge against kats. He could make 140 very well in my opinion. He had slowed down his career because of his wife, cancer I think it was. He is more focused, better condition and is at the peak of his career so far.

He is technically very good. Khan however will have speed and reach advantages. I think guerrero can match his jab. Both will want to go on the outside and outjab the other.

It represents a tough tough challenge for khan. If he wins it will be his best opponent on his CV to date. Some say kat was one-dimensional, but so was maidana who caused more problems to khan than kat did to Guerrero.

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 28 May 2011, 6:04 am

Nah, i dont think Guerrero will be effective moving up to LWW, he looked very fast and had good boxing skills against Katsidis, Khan should fight Ortiz who would absolutely wipe him clean out imo, forget the amateur fight your both men now and he's proved his worth, there's no options @ 140 apart from Bradley so fight Ortiz. Judah? gimme a break he's a shot has been who never beat anybody anyway all he done was lose and beat a bag of nerves Spinks. Baldomir outworked and beat him, Cotto sparked him, Clottey outclassed him, big mouth no delivery idiot

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 01 Jun 2011, 6:50 am

Think some people are jumping on the Guerrero bandwagon after his schooling of Kats.

But this is the same boxer who was conviencingly beaten by Salido.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 01 Jun 2011, 7:00 am

And struggled against an almost dead Casamayor. The Katsidis performance was brilliant though, and showed he has some great attributes.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 01 Jun 2011, 7:34 am

alanqlm wrote:I just don't think Khan can win to be honest. At different times people have been calling for Guerrero, Judah, Ortiz even Kats.

All these guys would batter Khan, until he actually looks like fighting one of them then they are an easy payday, Ortiz-no guts, Judah-past it, Kats-just not very good, Guerrero-blown up featherweight.

Seems the poor boy will only get some credit if he fights Bradley, which is seeming like ain't possible at the minute.

I tend to agree here. He has upped the ante on his last few fights, so, as long as Khan continues to do this, I'll keep giving him some of the credit he deserves. Good fighter, potential to be great, but only time will tell

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 01 Jun 2011, 7:35 am

Guerrero looked very strong against Katsidas and regardless of him only just moving up he looks like he still could fill out a fair bit.

I know Katsidas isn't P4P but he's very tough and durable so I think Guerrero could hang with the top guys at LWW but reckon he should still tread the waters at Lightweight for a bit and at the least win a title.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by AdZacO Wed 01 Jun 2011, 9:33 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Think some people are jumping on the Guerrero bandwagon after his schooling of Kats.

Is he not a juicer? No shame in losing to some one who uses performance enhancers.

AdZacO

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 01 Jun 2011, 10:18 am

AdZacO wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Think some people are jumping on the Guerrero bandwagon after his schooling of Kats.

Is he not a juicer? No shame in losing to some one who uses performance enhancers.

He had another test which detected nothing. Still ruled as N/C thou.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed 01 Jun 2011, 10:24 am

I originally thought Khan would be too big, but Guerrero is a much more clever fighter than the dumb Judah and Khan himself, he is just as fast to and a beautiful boxer in the way he does everything right. He definitely has a chance, it was interesting to hear Dean Powell saying Khan will beat Guerrero comfortably the other day, no problems putting him in with Murray then Dean? i have no doubt they would risk Mitchell and get Kevin another defeat but Murray could be there new cash cow!

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Wed 01 Jun 2011, 10:58 am

Looks like they've just announced Zab vs Khan for July 23rd in Vegas.

Link below:

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=6612139

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 01 Jun 2011, 11:03 am

Sir. badgerhands wrote:Looks like they've just announced Zab vs Khan for July 23rd in Vegas.

Link below:

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=6612139

Good news! A good fight fro Khan, if he couldn't get Bradley then people can't find an excuse to slate him for this fight.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed 01 Jun 2011, 11:19 am

Think some people are jumping on the Guerrero bandwagon after his schooling of Kats.
No, he's a very good fighter with great handspeed, skill and ring generalship, i suggest you watch him if you think people are jumping on the bandwagon, he's much better than anyone Khan's fought

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down