The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scarlets v Connacht

+12
rumpelstiltskindoh
The Great Aukster
stevetynant
Notch
LeinsterFan4life
2ndtimeround
Cardiff Dave
Jenifer McLadyboy
VinceWLB
ScarletSpiderman
asoreleftshoulder
Chunky Norwich
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Scarlets v Connacht Empty Scarlets v Connacht

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 12 Feb 2015, 9:34 am

This game will go a huge way in determining which of these teams qualifies for the Euro cup next season.

- Sunday kick off - (yay)
- 12.45pm kick off (yay)
- Finishes 10 minutes before Scotland v Wales kick off (yay)
- Home side missing circa 13 players to Wales and Wales under 20s (yay)
- The referee is a pathetic Italian (yay)

I LOVE THIS LEAGUE

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Scarlets v Connacht Empty Re: Scarlets v Connacht

Post by asoreleftshoulder Thu 12 Feb 2015, 10:05 am

The league loves you too.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 12 Feb 2015, 10:13 am

Munster played on a Sunday yet?

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Thu 12 Feb 2015, 12:26 pm

Dunno,don't care.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 12 Feb 2015, 1:38 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:Dunno,don't care.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ The Pro 12 motto ^^^^^^^^^

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 12 Feb 2015, 2:12 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:This game will go a huge way in determining which of these teams qualifies for the Euro cup next season.

- Sunday kick off - (yay)
- 12.45pm kick off (yay)
- Finishes 10 minutes before Scotland v Wales kick off (yay)
- Home side missing circa 13 players to Wales and Wales under 20s (yay)
- The referee is a pathetic Italian (yay)

I LOVE THIS LEAGUE

Thank god I saw your post I thought it was 15:00 Kick off.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Thu 12 Feb 2015, 3:55 pm

Ref is Mitrea and he is Romanian and has been one of the better one in the league, certainly better than 80% of the Irish refs. You should at the very least get your facts straight.

Watching this game live is a great excuse to watch the Scotland-Wales game in a pub right after so don't complain about it please.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 12 Feb 2015, 4:03 pm

VinceWLB wrote:Ref is Mitrea and he is Romanian and has been one of the better one in the league, certainly better than 80% of the Irish refs. You should at the very least get your facts straight.

He's an Italian Union referee.

Watching this game live is a great excuse to watch the Scotland-Wales game in a pub right after so don't complain about it please.

Lets all go to the pub. Now as long as the likes of you don't complain when the attendance is announced at 2,500, and realise that they are all in the pub watching Wales - we should be fine.

How the regions are supposed to grow their business and sell this product is beyond me.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Thu 12 Feb 2015, 4:06 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
VinceWLB wrote:Ref is Mitrea and he is Romanian and has been one of the better one in the league, certainly better than 80% of the Irish refs. You should at the very least get your facts straight.

Lets all go to the pub. Now as long as the likes of you don't complain when the attendance is announced at 2,500, and realise that they are all in the pub watching Wales -  we should be fine.

How the regions are supposed to grow their business and sell this product is beyond me.

Lol good luck trying to watch this in the pub.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 12 Feb 2015, 4:10 pm

It'll be on in my local.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 12 Feb 2015, 4:19 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:This game will go a huge way in determining which of these teams qualifies for the Euro cup next season.

- Sunday kick off - (yay)As decreed by Welsh TV not the League
- 12.45pm kick off (yay)To facilitate an international game that kicks off at 3
- Finishes 10 minutes before Scotland v Wales kick off (yay)I am amazed that you think there will be 35 minutes of injury/stoppage time in this game  Erm
- Home side missing circa 13 players to Wales and Wales under 20s (yay)Which is also of course the fault of the league Erm
- The referee is a pathetic Italian (yay) Actually a very decent (if a little fussy) Romanian who is registered to the FIR. Certainly no worse than any Welsh ref bar Our Nige.

I LOVE THIS LEAGUE
I'd say the league doesn't lose a nanosecond of sleep over your feelings for it. Laugh

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 12 Feb 2015, 4:27 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:Munster played on a Sunday yet?
No. But they had SEVEN Fridays this season. Which I'd guess most of their fans would trade for Sunday in a heartbeat, Especially the Cork ones.

The biggest games will always be on Sky who pay the most and only show Saturday games. You are the one who thinks money should rule and Toulon are the puppies privates. Welcome to your world.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Thu 12 Feb 2015, 4:42 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:It'll be on in  my local.

Doh yep my mistake.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 12 Feb 2015, 4:45 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:

Doh yep my mistake.
You were thinking of Leinster v Dragons

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 12 Feb 2015, 6:16 pm

S4C is it? I'll be tuning in.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 12 Feb 2015, 6:54 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:

Lets all go to the pub. Now as long as the likes of you don't complain when the attendance is announced at 2,500, and realise that they are all in the pub watching Wales -  we should be fine.

Do PRW have a view on this coz they've never really said much in the past?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Thu 12 Feb 2015, 6:54 pm

Alternatively watch the game live at PYS where thy are showing the Scotland game in the bars straight after the Scarlets game.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 12 Feb 2015, 7:33 pm

2ndtimeround wrote:Alternatively watch the game live at PYS where thy are showing the Scotland game in the bars straight after the Scarlets game.

Best tell those who don't read this forum.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 13 Feb 2015, 11:19 am

VinceWLB wrote:Watching this game live is a great excuse to watch the Scotland-Wales game in a pub right after so don't complain about it please.

Unless you one of the numerous fans that are not actually from the town itself, and you are one of those who need to drive up to the home game. In which case it is a dead cert that going up to the game live means that you will not be able to watch the national game on the TV as you will be on the road driving home.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri 13 Feb 2015, 12:04 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
VinceWLB wrote:Watching this game live is a great excuse to watch the Scotland-Wales game in a pub right after so don't complain about it please.

Unless you one of the numerous fans that are not actually from the town itself, and you are one of those who need to drive up to the home game.  In which case it is a dead cert that going up to the game live means that you will not be able to watch the national game on the TV as you will be on the road driving home.

I can't go to this match because of this scenario.

But it's ok, the Irish think this is the best league in the world. So it must be.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 13 Feb 2015, 12:10 pm

Chunky, to be honest I am still going up to the game, but I will need to drive home without the radio on, and avoid any human contact until I have watched the Wales game on I-Player.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri 13 Feb 2015, 12:15 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Chunky, to be honest I am still going up to the game, but I will need to drive home without the radio on, and avoid any human contact until I have watched the Wales game on I-Player.

Far from ideal.

Joke of a league.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 13 Feb 2015, 12:24 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Chunky, to be honest I am still going up to the game, but I will need to drive home without the radio on, and avoid any human contact until I have watched the Wales game on I-Player.
Would you not watch it in Parc Y Scarlets? A discrete Ribena before driving home?

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri 13 Feb 2015, 12:27 pm

Scarlets without 18 players for a must win game against their nearest Euro qualification threat.

The season structure is broken.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Fri 13 Feb 2015, 12:38 pm

Chunky what exactly are you complaining about? The AP also have games this weekend and the Top14 also will have games during the 6N at some point.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri 13 Feb 2015, 12:58 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:Chunky what exactly are you complaining about? The AP also have games this weekend and the Top14 also will have games during the 6N at some point.

The nature of the AP and Top14 means all teams are at a level playing field for their national teams to pick from.

This league however has multiple nations with multiple teams at different stages in the production line.

Connacht are missing how many?
Scarlets are missing how many?

This should be a crucial battle with 2 full teams out played on a Saturday afternoon.

The league doesn't work. The logistics are too complicated for pro rugby to cope with.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Fri 13 Feb 2015, 1:06 pm

So why do you keep whinging on here about it,what do you expect us to do?

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri 13 Feb 2015, 1:07 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:So why do you keep whinging on here about it,what do you expect us to do?

Open your eyes.

A tall order I must admit.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 13 Feb 2015, 1:11 pm

Or we could try sticking our fingers in our ears and closing our minds like you?

I'd rather work at what we have. If what we have changes at some future point, then we can work at that too.

Little point in lying on our bedroom floor wishing the world was the way we wanted it.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Fri 13 Feb 2015, 1:14 pm

Come up with a decent,realistic alternative ,then instead of spending time on here whinging like a little girl do something about it.As it is you are just a lone voice fool wearing a tinfoil hat, crying that the world is out to get him.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Fri 13 Feb 2015, 1:49 pm

I really don't understand your point at all. The season is too long which means that these games have to played at this time if we want to finish by June. There really is nothing the P12 can do at this moment in time because of the way the NH season is structured. Im sure we would all love to hear your alternative.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 13 Feb 2015, 2:35 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
Would you not watch it in Parc Y Scarlets? A discrete Ribena before driving home?

Telling my wife I am going to leaving the house at 9:30am and returning at 7:30pm would probably end up with me finding the front door locked, and my bags waiting in the garden, upon my return.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 13 Feb 2015, 2:42 pm

Wow! Your wife sounds waay harsh. Smile

She would probably see roughly the same of you given that you will slob out on the couch to watch Wales as soon as you get home. Not much in it.

Scarlets team looks fairly decent despite earlier protestations. Connacht will miss Mils and Bundee, their pack looks good though with Heenan back fit at last.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 13 Feb 2015, 3:00 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:I really don't understand your point at all. The season is too long which means that these games have to played at this time if we want to finish by June. There really is nothing the P12 can do at this moment in time because of the way the NH season is structured. Im sure we would all love to hear your alternative.

We could reduce the number of teams in the league, but then we would have even less income compared to the English and French leagues and that would become the issue to complain about.

It is a shame for the league that the number of games means clashes with internationals and I opposed the Italian teams joining for this reason at the time. Hopefully we can get a re-structured season in the NH but we probably won't be able to get a calendar without clashes if the 3 professional leagues aren't happy to reduce in size, and I can't see why any of them would agree to that.

Funnily enough, about our Italian ref... its funny how a referee from Northern Ireland affiliated to the Scottish Rugby Union is Irish, but a referee from Romania affiliated to the Italian Union is Italian  Smile  

Anyway, Mitrea is a good ref and I've always enjoyed games officiated by him. There's a lot worse out there.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Fri 13 Feb 2015, 3:39 pm

Mitrea should be reffing the 6n not the Pro 12. One of the best out there imo.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Fri 13 Feb 2015, 4:55 pm

Notch wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:I really don't understand your point at all. The season is too long which means that these games have to played at this time if we want to finish by June. There really is nothing the P12 can do at this moment in time because of the way the NH season is structured. Im sure we would all love to hear your alternative.

We could reduce the number of teams in the league, but then we would have even less income compared to the English and French leagues and that would become the issue to complain about.

It is a shame for the league that the number of games means clashes with internationals and I opposed the Italian teams joining for this reason at the time. Hopefully we can get a re-structured season in the NH but we probably won't be able to get a calendar without clashes if the 3 professional leagues aren't happy to reduce in size, and I can't see why any of them would agree to that.

Funnily enough, about our Italian ref... its funny how a referee from Northern Ireland affiliated to the Scottish Rugby Union is Irish, but a referee from Romania affiliated to the Italian Union is Italian  Smile  

Anyway, Mitrea is a good ref and I've always enjoyed games officiated by him. There's a lot worse out there.

I have been thinking about it, but the league could do worse than starting 2 or 3 weeks earlier in August and thus avoiding some 6N or AI clashes. Top 14 starts early August.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 13 Feb 2015, 5:20 pm

You are probably still going to have internationals not playing if the league starts earlier, as they finish their season later due to the summer tours. So either they get a proper close season break and proper pre-season and they come back after those opening rounds anyway or they get rushed back and that isn't great player management either.

I suppose it does have the advantage of not clashing directly with Six Nations games but I'm not sure its worth it from a player welfare PoV.

Actually, think that this does highlight disappointing planning from the Pro12 and Six Nations- its easy enough to stop Pro12 fixtures falling on the same day as their respective nations are playing surely? I would have had this on Friday night. I suppose that is down to the broadcaster.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 13 Feb 2015, 5:39 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:Chunky what exactly are you complaining about? The AP also have games this weekend and the Top14 also will have games during the 6N at some point.

The nature of the AP and Top14 means all teams are at a level playing field for their national teams to pick from.

This league however has multiple nations with multiple teams at different stages in the production line.

Connacht are missing how many?
Scarlets are missing how many?

This should be a crucial battle with 2 full teams out played on a Saturday afternoon.

The league doesn't work
. The logistics are too complicated for pro rugby to cope with.

Not convinced it ever will.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 13 Feb 2015, 5:52 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:Or we could try sticking our fingers in our ears and closing our minds like you?

I'd rather work at what we have. If what we have changes at some future point, then we can work at that too.

Little point in lying on our bedroom floor wishing the world was the way we wanted it.

Heard that before. Very Leckwith.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Fri 13 Feb 2015, 6:00 pm

Do you mean it can't work financially?

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 13 Feb 2015, 6:21 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:Do you mean it can't work financially?

Put it this way, I believe that the Welsh pro sides would do a lot better by joining up with the English pro sides.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Fri 13 Feb 2015, 7:29 pm

As would the Irish and Scottish but that is never going to happen...

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 13 Feb 2015, 7:46 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:As would the Irish and Scottish but that is never going to happen...

I'll agree with that.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by stevetynant Fri 13 Feb 2015, 10:36 pm

42 posts and not one about the match.classic.what are the teams? Who's going to win. Ah they were the days classic rugby threads where people talked about the sport not the politics.

stevetynant

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Fri 13 Feb 2015, 10:43 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:As would the Irish and Scottish but that is never going to happen...

I'll agree with that.
But what is the point in thinking like that? It's like an Ajax or Celtic fan saying they would be better off in the Premier league. The league can work,in fact Connacht and Glasgow show that it does work. Ulster had a near sell out against Treviso tonight with all their internationals away and it was on tv. There is a good product there but it is taking time to remove the whole "teams dont care about the pro 12" tag.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 13 Feb 2015, 11:49 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:Or we could try sticking our fingers in our ears and closing our minds like you?

Heard that before. Very Leckwith.
Jaysus Dave yer always talking in riddles. I have no idea if that's a person place or thing. Even. Smile

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 13 Feb 2015, 11:54 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:Do you mean it can't work financially?

Put it this way, I believe that the Welsh pro sides would do a lot better by joining up with the English pro sides.

Fair enough.

I believe I would do a lot better by shagging that red haired youngwan from mad men. But I'm probably better off putting a bit of effort into the wife instead. At least until yerwan from mad men becomes an option.

Otherwise I won't have a very happy life.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Sat 14 Feb 2015, 12:00 am

Sorry. Wrong thread.

Last edited by Jenifer McLadyboy on Sat 14 Feb 2015, 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Feb 2015, 12:01 am

I think some supporters would be better getting behind the Pro12. Build it up, rather than pull it down, while dreaming of greener fields...

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Sun 15 Feb 2015, 9:20 am

Surely the Welsh teams aren't so stupid to think that by languishing in the nether regions of a "joke" league they would in any way shape or form be attractive to the image conscious PRL?

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next