The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scarlets v Connacht

+12
rumpelstiltskindoh
The Great Aukster
stevetynant
Notch
LeinsterFan4life
2ndtimeround
Cardiff Dave
Jenifer McLadyboy
VinceWLB
ScarletSpiderman
asoreleftshoulder
Chunky Norwich
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Scarlets v Connacht - Page 2 Empty Scarlets v Connacht

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 12 Feb 2015, 9:34 am

First topic message reminder :

This game will go a huge way in determining which of these teams qualifies for the Euro cup next season.

- Sunday kick off - (yay)
- 12.45pm kick off (yay)
- Finishes 10 minutes before Scotland v Wales kick off (yay)
- Home side missing circa 13 players to Wales and Wales under 20s (yay)
- The referee is a pathetic Italian (yay)

I LOVE THIS LEAGUE

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Scarlets v Connacht - Page 2 Empty Re: Scarlets v Connacht

Post by rumpelstiltskindoh Sun 15 Feb 2015, 1:28 pm

Steve Shingler having a good game

rumpelstiltskindoh

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sun 15 Feb 2015, 5:36 pm

After been yellow carded for stamping in the ruck Muldoon stood and argued with the ref that he was not doing his job properly so they would take the law into their own hands, how can this kind of attitude from the Captain of a side be acceptable, at very least Muldoon needs to publicly apologise.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Sun 15 Feb 2015, 5:49 pm

Yellow should have change to Red. Couldn't understand how the Scarlets didn't score in the last half hour, good win for them though
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sun 15 Feb 2015, 6:03 pm

Unacceptable for someone with all the experience as Muldoon.

I predicted Connacht would fall in the 2nd half of the season, so far they prove me right. In hindsight Muliaina has been a bad signing for them often injured and looked off the pace when on the pitch and must cost quite a lot of money.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Mon 16 Feb 2015, 9:15 am

2ndtimeround wrote:After been yellow carded for stamping in the ruck Muldoon stood and argued with the ref that he was not doing his job properly so they would take the law into their own hands, how can this kind of attitude from the Captain of a side be acceptable, at very least Muldoon needs to publicly apologise.

Fair play that sort of attitude typifies the Irish when they are refereed properly. Mitrea didn't have a great game but he penalised Muldoon correctly, and most of the breakdowns too. Disgraceful soccer attitude shown by him, deserves to be pulled up and given a 3 game ban. But it won't happen. The Irish run the league.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Mon 16 Feb 2015, 10:03 am

""Sir, every time we get in, they're cynical. penalty over there, penalty here and if you don't referee it, that's why we take it into our own hands. You're not refereeing it."

The audacity to tell the referee his own job is mindblowing.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 16 Feb 2015, 11:58 am

I've got to laugh, your team wins a crucial league game with a bonus point despite being up against it with international call-ups and the only thing you talk about is this Laugh
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Mon 16 Feb 2015, 12:27 pm

Notch wrote:I've got to laugh, your team wins a crucial league game with a bonus point despite being up against it with international call-ups and the only thing you talk about is this Laugh

It's the main talking point in the game as far as I can see.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Mon 16 Feb 2015, 12:27 pm

But the Irish don't ever do anything wrong, so I guess we move on and sweep it under as per.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 16 Feb 2015, 12:39 pm

The thing that amuses me most is you always interpret other people pointing out your refusal to ever look on the bright side of anything as evidence we're all part of the same conspiracy ghost

Muldoon was very out of line and a lucky boy to get away with it, but surely the main talking point is the fact you're back in control of your own destiny regarding getting into the top 6. If my team beat one of our closest rivals at home with four tries I would be a lot happier about that rather than just ignoring all the positives to moan about some perceived injustice laughing
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Mon 16 Feb 2015, 1:44 pm

Notch wrote:
If my team beat one of our closest rivals at home with four tries I would be a lot happier about that rather than just ignoring all the positives to moan about some perceived injustice

I am. Just not on 606v2.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Mon 16 Feb 2015, 2:51 pm

PenfroPete wrote:Yellow should have change to Red. Couldn't understand how the Scarlets didn't score in the last half hour, good win for them though

Once King went off they had no structure or guile in attack, should really have run up a much bigger score!

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Mon 16 Feb 2015, 3:51 pm

I dont think King going off made a big difference, once the job was done after the 4th try the team just seemed content to defend the lead to ensure Connacht couldn't claw back to a LBP. overall it was a good result but by half time one eye will already have been on the much tougher game next week.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Mon 16 Feb 2015, 4:01 pm

2ndtimeround wrote:I dont think King going off made a big difference, once the job was done after the 4th try the team just seemed content to defend the lead to ensure Connacht couldn't claw back to a LBP. overall it was a good result but by half time one eye will already have been on the much tougher game next week.

Well , this is the Scarlets we're talking about .....  Run
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon 16 Feb 2015, 8:37 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:Or we could try sticking our fingers in our ears and closing our minds like you?

I'd rather work at what we have. If what we have changes at some future point, then we can work at that too.

Little point in lying on our bedroom floor wishing the world was the way we wanted it.

Heard that before. Very Leckwith.
Jaysus Dave yer always talking in riddles. I have no idea if that's a person place or thing. Even. Smile

I'm a riddler and my real name is Roger. I am, Roger the riddler.
Try Googling; Cardiff Blues, Leckwith, debacle, FFS, £££s, told you so.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon 16 Feb 2015, 8:39 pm

PenfroPete wrote:
2ndtimeround wrote:I dont think King going off made a big difference, once the job was done after the 4th try the team just seemed content to defend the lead to ensure Connacht couldn't claw back to a LBP. overall it was a good result but by half time one eye will already have been on the much tougher game next week.

Well , this is the Scarlets we're talking about .....  Run

Very Happy

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by malky1963 Mon 16 Feb 2015, 11:20 pm

I had a real go at some of my Welsh acquaintances this weekend about the antipathy (and outright hostility) to the Pro12.
To be fair, most of them admitted it was basically sour grapes at not getting into bed with PRL and a convenient bat to hit the the WRU with.
However these were mainly educated Welshmen with the ability to look beyond the end of their noses so may have little in common with the likes of chunkynorwich etc

malky1963

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue 17 Feb 2015, 9:29 am

malky1963 wrote:I had a real go at some of my Welsh acquaintances this weekend about the antipathy (and outright hostility) to the Pro12.
To be fair, most of them admitted it was basically sour grapes at not getting into bed with PRL and a convenient bat to hit the the WRU with.
However these were mainly educated Welshmen with the ability to look beyond the end of their noses so may have little in common with the likes of chunkynorwich etc

They sound a bit thick to me. The WRU tried to roll over an agreement that was killing professional rugby. WRU deceit goes way beyond the pro12.

As for the PRL, allies have been made. I'm happy with that.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Londoner Tue 17 Feb 2015, 9:48 am

Chunky - just one question regarding your continuing plan to get the Welsh sides into the English league - rather like the football league would not countenance letting a SPL side (or sides) in, why would the English actually want them?
I can of course see the advantages for the Welsh clubs, (which would be exactly the same for the Irish and Scots in fairness), but I can't see a single upside for the English clubs you wish to play with or for the English professional game as a whole.
What do you think would be the benefits to England and English rugby since the RFU would presumably have a say, of letting the Welsh on board?

Irish Londoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue 17 Feb 2015, 12:00 pm

Irish Londoner wrote:Chunky - just one question regarding your continuing plan to get the Welsh sides into the English league - rather like the football league would not countenance letting a SPL side (or sides) in, why would the English actually want them?

I don't have a "continuing plan to get the Welsh sides into the English league". I have a desire to see a British and Irish league.

I can of course see the advantages for the Welsh clubs, (which would be exactly the same for the Irish and Scots in fairness), but I can't see a single upside for the English clubs you wish to play with or for the English professional game as a whole.
What do you think would be the benefits to England and English rugby since the RFU would presumably have a say, of letting the Welsh on board?

As I've said many times, a full on British and Irish league, perhaps with conferences, would be the only way to plug the gap between B&I rugby and French rugby. If this doesn't happen, then in 5 years time B&I rugby could be dead, French will concentrate on domestic rugby, the 6N could be a shambles, and Southern Hem rugby could effectively be the only game in town.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Londoner Tue 17 Feb 2015, 2:04 pm

Chunky, fully agree that a B & I League would be the way to go, but it would take greater minds than mine to work out the details, but it would be the best route with everyone as equal partners and a two or even three level fully professional structure.

Irish Londoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 17 Feb 2015, 11:01 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
malky1963 wrote:I had a real go at some of my Welsh acquaintances this weekend about the antipathy (and outright hostility) to the Pro12.

They sound a bit thick to me. The WRU tried to roll over an agreement that was killing professional rugby. WRU deceit goes way beyond the pro12.

As for the PRL, allies have been made. I'm happy with that.

A job for Panorama by the sound of it.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2