The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wedge fitting

2 posters

Go down

Wedge fitting Empty Wedge fitting

Post by LondonJonnyO Sat May 28, 2011 6:59 pm

So today i went up to hylands park to have my fitting appointment. And it all went pretty well.

Using my current vokey its clear they dont do me any favours. The lie is wrong with toe impacts on full swings leading to a heel area strike. And on chips and pitches i am very much a leading edge striker of the shot meaning i don't use the bounce at all.

So onto the testing with a miura and a vega. First thing was the vega. What an ugly club. I really didn't like the look. And it had a very high swingweight. The miura however. What a stunning club. I tested the c grind 57. It felt so sweet at impact. Highly recommend them

The end spec for my replacement is a c grind 57 bent to 58 with 14 degrees of bounce. A rifle 6.5 in there at d4 and a velvet grip.

Can't wait for the build to be completed.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Wedge fitting Empty Re: Wedge fitting

Post by JPX Sat May 28, 2011 7:07 pm

14 degrees bounce? That's a lot of bounce.

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Sat May 28, 2011 7:13 pm

I thought so at first. But the sole is so narrow with lots of relief at the trailing edge.

Off a strike board i had no trouble opening it right up and hitting flop shots.

Its also got a completely straight leading edge. None of this slight rounding. A strikers wedge.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down