The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Driver fitting

3 posters

Go down

Driver fitting Empty Driver fitting

Post by JAS Fri 25 Nov 2022, 6:13 pm

Time has come to get a new driver (and 3 wood) with the driver being 6 years old and the 3 wood about 8. Have had a couple of sessions so far, tried all the usual suspects and several shafts as well. Initial session pointed me at the new Ping but right at the end the fitter went outside the box and tried me on a regular shaft (I’m typically 90-95 mph which generally suggests light stiff) All of a sudden I was middling everything. Next session was therefore focussed on a couple of flavours of regular shafts and boom, out of the pack jumped the Titleist TSR2. Good length, low spin, a low ish trajectory that I like. Only (very picky) downside is the glossy head as most of the other contenders are that kind of dull non glare type material.

Intend to look at 3 woods on the next session with maybe a little bit of time spent on confirming the Titleist as the new Big Dog.

Anybody else looking to replace clubs this winter?

JAS

Back to top Go down

Driver fitting Empty Re: Driver fitting

Post by BlueCoverman Sat 26 Nov 2022, 2:39 pm

Not clubs JAS but I’ve replaced a knee last week! Bloody painful! Not much golf for me this winter ☹
Good luck with the new clubs

BlueCoverman

LadyPutt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun 27 Nov 2022, 5:10 pm

You are certainly taking it very seriously.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down