The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lessons or Fitting?

+2
4putt
barragan
6 posters

Go down

Lessons or Fitting?

Lessons or Fitting? Vote_lcap89%Lessons or Fitting? Vote_rcap 89% 
[ 8 ]
Lessons or Fitting? Vote_lcap11%Lessons or Fitting? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 9

Lessons or Fitting? Empty Lessons or Fitting?

Post by barragan Mon 23 Jan 2012, 10:57 am

Obviously both are essential for the serious golfer, but which do you feel is most important, and why?

Personally I've never had a club fitting, but it's something I would definitely do when looking at me next set of clubs.

Until last season I'd only ever had free lessons as a junior golfer. I invested in half a dozen lessons at the beginning of last year and these had a hugely positive impact on my game during the first 2-3 months of the year. I've booked another for the beginning of February and hoping to tighten up on some aspects of my game that have gone a little off colour over the last few months before the beginning of the new season.

I think for me it would have to be 'lessons' as number one. Apart from anything, I wouldn't see the point in having a club fitting unless my game was in a respectable state (relatively speaking of course) to start with!

barragan

Back to top Go down

Lessons or Fitting? Empty Re: Lessons or Fitting?

Post by 4putt Mon 23 Jan 2012, 11:04 am

Difficult one. I'd say lessons when you are a beginner and then fitting when your more competent.

4putt

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 23 Jan 2012, 12:27 pm

Has to be lessons.

Custom fit will help maximise your current ability but lessons could move you to a whole new level. If you plan on getting both then you should wait until the affects of lessons have fully been incorporated into your swing.

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 23 Jan 2012, 12:28 pm

Unless you've got a reapeatable and consistent swing I would say lessons are far more important than custom fitting.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 24 Jan 2012, 3:48 pm

Lessons, by a country mile. Fitting is not going to make much difference except to give you one less thing to blame when you chunk one; lessons (combined with practice) will give you the fundamentals, an understanding of swing mechanics, how to troubleshoot your game when it's off etc etc.
Fitting doesn't even come remotely close to what you would get from lessons with a good coach. That said, lessons aren't a lot of use if what you're taught isn't drilled on the practice ground.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 24 Jan 2012, 5:19 pm

The Mrs has offered me some lessons for my bday. I am not a very erratic player. So i am guessing everyone would recommend?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down