The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC Derbys Away or Call Up for Corporal's Protege

+3
thegooch7
Corporalhumblebucket
guildfordbat
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

CC Derbys Away or Call Up for Corporal's Protege - Page 3 Empty CC Derbys Away or Call Up for Corporal's Protege

Post by guildfordbat Sat 28 May 2011, 7:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

Nineteen year old paceman Matthew Dunn has been called into the Surrey squad for the CC match away at Derbys starting tomorrow. As readers of the original 606 forum will know, Dunn has been tipped since last season for full military honours by the Corporal. Very Happy

Further details and views to follow ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

CC Derbys Away or Call Up for Corporal's Protege - Page 3 Empty Re: CC Derbys Away or Call Up for Corporal's Protege

Post by guildfordbat Wed 01 Jun 2011, 2:21 pm

Just 31 to win with 8 wickets still left.

Derbys have gifted us 12 runs in no balls which is quite dreadful given the low target - not that I'm complaining! Wink

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

CC Derbys Away or Call Up for Corporal's Protege - Page 3 Empty Re: CC Derbys Away or Call Up for Corporal's Protege

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 01 Jun 2011, 2:23 pm

30 more needed start the car

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 01 Jun 2011, 2:25 pm

Someone has just suggested this to Churchy as a headline for the match report -

DUNNBELIEVEABLE!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 01 Jun 2011, 2:27 pm

guildford as good as dunn was his economy rate was poor Wink

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 01 Jun 2011, 2:31 pm

Ramps should have just been run out on 'a horribly misjudged single' (per Churchy) but Redfern's throw misses the stumps and with no-one backing up goes for four overthrows!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 01 Jun 2011, 2:33 pm

[quote="guildfordbat"]Ramps should have just been run out on 'a horribly misjudged single' (per Churchy) but Redfern's throw misses the stumps and with no-one backing up goes for four overthrows![/
Doh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 01 Jun 2011, 2:37 pm

19 to get should be home now Smile

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 01 Jun 2011, 2:40 pm

corporal get the buffet ready Very Happy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 01 Jun 2011, 2:40 pm

JimBob - if Clive gets 5 wickets at a shade over 11 each every time I wouldn't be too concerned about his economy rate!

LBW appeal from Clare against de Bruyn just turned down. 'Must have been close' - Churchy. Everything going our way with the old heads Zander and Gramps showing their skill and experience.

Just 15 to win. Chesney comes on to bowl from the Coronation St end ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 01 Jun 2011, 2:41 pm

And Chesney Battersby-Brown gets Zander!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 01 Jun 2011, 2:43 pm

oh no

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 01 Jun 2011, 2:46 pm

guildfordbat wrote:All out! Ten in the match for the Viscount - honours and biscuits to him! clap

Clive leads the team off. clap

142 to win. I really feel we can knock these runs off. The pitch will clearly be difficult but several of our frontline batsmen - particularly Le Roi king - are rapid scorers which should greatly help if they can just stay in for a while ....

I'll stick my neck out and predict a 6 wicket win!
Erm

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 01 Jun 2011, 2:46 pm

9 to win with 7 wickets left ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 01 Jun 2011, 2:47 pm

9 more Yahoo

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 01 Jun 2011, 2:49 pm

guildfordbat wrote:9 to win with 7 wickets left ....
could be tight Wink

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 01 Jun 2011, 2:51 pm

guildfordbat wrote:JimBob - if Clive gets 5 wickets at a shade over 11 each every time I wouldn't be too concerned about his economy rate!

LBW appeal from Clare against de Bruyn just turned down. 'Must have been close' - Churchy. Everything going our way with the old heads Zander and Gramps showing their skill and experience.

Just 15 to win. Chesney comes on to bowl from the Coronation St end ....

guildford did you not see the smiley laughing

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 01 Jun 2011, 2:52 pm

maynard finishes it with a six Yahoo

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Wed 01 Jun 2011, 2:55 pm

7 wicket win, just the 1 wicket out Guildford!
Well played lads!

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Wed 01 Jun 2011, 3:01 pm

What a fantastic comeback win from Surrey. Massively well Dunn Very Happy

So that makes it 2 wins from 7 with 1 loss and 4 draws before the 20-20 break. Apart from the Middlesex match we have looked pretty good in every game and had opportunities in all so overall I would say I'm satisfied with how the CC season has gone so far but it could have been a lot better with a more clinical attack.

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 01 Jun 2011, 3:03 pm

Maynard wins it with a six! clap clap clap

'A very, very good performance by Surrey with excellent performances from Tim Linley and Matthew Dunn' - Churchy.

A quite amazing win, particularly when you consider that three of the bowling all rounders (Batty, Jordan and Jewell) took just one wicket each and scored six runs between them!

Anyway, very well 'Dunn' to the team. Tremendous debut from Clive and an excellent return and efort from the Viscount who bowled unchanged throughout the whole of Derbys' second innings. Full marks as well to Le Roi king and Hyphen who kick started our victory charge so well.

I'm going to the wackit and fetch it game tomorrow so chat after that!

Now back to those invoices ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Wed 01 Jun 2011, 3:10 pm

Motm would have to be Viscount, but the boy Dunn (and Guildford's prophetic headline post!) must run him close for only bowling in the 1 innings.
Could Viscount, Clive, Meaker, Dernbach, Arafat (when fit!) be the potent pace attack we've been craving, to go with our mighty spinners Batty and erm........ whatsisname??!

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Wed 01 Jun 2011, 4:31 pm

If they were all fit it might be worth disgarding the idea of a spinner and just going with Meaker/Dernbach/Arafat/Viscount/Clive!

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 01 Jun 2011, 5:08 pm

now i'm not one to blow my trumpet mainly because i dont have one but since my transfer to 606v2 surrey have a 100% win record surly that can be no coincide Rolling Eyes

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 01 Jun 2011, 8:34 pm

JimBob - I thought part of the transfer deal was that you had to set up the new thread for every game. Come on now, there's a wackit and fetchit game tomorrow .... Wink

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 01 Jun 2011, 9:31 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Evening all! Sadly the Queen did not give us another day off today.... What a remarkable performance by Clive and the Viscount clap

And what panache in knocking off half the total in about half an hour!

I would like to unreservedly apologise for (a) doubting my protege - see an earlier post (b) suggesting that our bowling attack for this match looked like a decent 2nd XI attack (c) criticising the decision to bowl first - which was clearly a master stroke; and (d) making a derogatory comment along the lines "that rules Surrey out then" when Church made the astute observation last night (see above) that on this pitch it was possible to bowl a side out cheaply/quickly.

The Corporal is not afraid to consume humble pie! So the burning question is then is the Viscount or Clive next in line for England call up.....?

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 01 Jun 2011, 9:57 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote: Shocked Shocked Shocked

Evening all! Sadly the Queen did not give us another day off today.... What a remarkable performance by Clive and the Viscount clap

And what panache in knocking off half the total in about half an hour!

I would like to unreservedly apologise for (a) doubting my protege - see an earlier post (b) suggesting that our bowling attack for this match looked like a decent 2nd XI attack (c) criticising the decision to bowl first - which was clearly a master stroke; and (d) making a derogatory comment along the lines "that rules Surrey out then" when Church made the astute observation last night (see above) that on this pitch it was possible to bowl a side out cheaply/quickly.

The Corporal is not afraid to consume humble pie! So the burning question is then is the Viscount or Clive next in line for England call up.....?

corporal i just read that your protege is the 1st surrey bowler in 56 years to take five wkts in a innings on debut clap clap clap
so on that basis it must be clive

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 01 Jun 2011, 9:58 pm

guildfordbat wrote:JimBob - I thought part of the transfer deal was that you had to set up the new thread for every game. Come on now, there's a wackit and fetchit game tomorrow .... Wink
ok guildford just for you then Very Happy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3