The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrey Derbys!!!

5 posters

Go down

Surrey Derbys!!! Empty Surrey Derbys!!!

Post by MuchHappierSurreyFan Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:00 pm

I am ashamed to say that due to work commitments I saw the score after two days of this match and wrote it off as a draw. Only this morning I saw the result and not only was I not depressed for the first time in a few years I was actually delighted with the boys (is there a name change in the air???) Especially without Meaker, Dernbach, Tremlett and Arafat.

Huge congratulations to Dunn and the Viscount

All the morons who bang on about Surrey trying to buy success should look at that score card, 5 players who came through our youth system, 2 two who came throw the system left and have now returned, and Meaker and Dernbach both still to come back in.

I also notice Lancefield scored a century the other day hope he gets some first eleven cricket this season.

Maybe it was due to the fact Schofield didn't play that we won (Sorry couldn't help myself)

Anyway not counting my chickens yet but this season is looking better than the last two or three or possibly four maybe five actually. We have all said many times before we don't expect promotion but I thinks its right to expect a club our size to be challenging at the right end of Div 2.

Anyway a much happier Surrey fan ( For now) Very Happy

MuchHappierSurreyFan

Back to top Go down

Surrey Derbys!!! Empty Re: Surrey Derbys!!!

Post by guildfordbat Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:18 pm

A fine post, Depressed.

Particularly good point about the number of home grown players on duty (thought I would just slip that military reference in for the Corporal Wink )

Glad you now feel strong enough to refer to the 'S' name Very Happy

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:22 pm

more good news for you depressed i'm now on this forum see the derbyshire thread for full details Wink

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by MuchHappierSurreyFan Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:28 pm

Cheers Jimbob,

Good to see you over here, I actually have not been posting as much as I should, but having missed our win against Derby and the signing of Dirk Nannes I am going to make a concerted effort to get on the forum a bit more.

MuchHappierSurreyFan

Back to top Go down

Post by MuchHappierSurreyFan Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:34 pm

Jimbob

Have just had a look at the Derbys thread but could not concentrate for all the puns regarding Dunn and dads army, all very funny. "Clive! is a great nickname though. Very Happy

MuchHappierSurreyFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:02 pm

Hi Depressed - I should have read this thread first - because on another thread I was just now raising the self - same issue about whether a name change is in the air! Very Happy

Good post - I'm almost getting withdrawal symptoms for 100 Not out who as I recall from 606 had basically one post repeated endlessly about Surrey buying success....

In retrospect it must have been the two days square bashing for Clive that did it. He was obviously desperate to avoid that fate again ...
Wink

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:15 pm

Good post, Depressed. I think we are all feeling very similar in our new found optimism about Surrey, it is very nice I have to say.

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down