The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deja Vu for Wales 7s

2 posters

Go down

Deja Vu for Wales 7s Empty Deja Vu for Wales 7s

Post by wales606 Sun 29 May 2011, 6:04 pm

I was bored last week so I watched some of the London 7s, and since I quite enjoyed it, I watched it this week in Murrayfield...rather coincidently,

Last weekend in Twickernam, Wales 7s defeated France in the Cup 1/4s and narrowely missed out on the Cup final with a 21 - 19 defeat to SA, the eventual champions, in the semi final.

Fast forward a week - Wales defeated France in the Murrayfield Cup 1/4s and narrowely missed out on the Cup final with a 22 - 19 defeat to SA the eventual champions, in the semi final...deja vu.

It must have been frustrating for the welsh team, but they have improved a lot at the end of this series, hopefully they will be able to stick with the same squad next year to challenge the top teams, as they did in the WC victory in 2009.

Last edited by wales606 on Sun 29 May 2011, 6:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Deja Vu for Wales 7s Empty Re: Deja Vu for Wales 7s

Post by MR. scotland27 Sun 29 May 2011, 6:10 pm

A bit like that for the scotland team, some fantastic performances in both competitions as well as some woeful ones. They have reached the final of the bowl both times, last week defeating kenya in the last minute, this week losing to kenya in the last minute.

such a funny game which we watch....
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down