The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moments - Ingrained in your mind forever !!

+17
Lance
Mr Bounce
Dipper Brown
AdamT
Rodney
ONETWOFOREVER
Scottrf
hazharrison
ShahenshahG
Adam D
Mind the windows Tino.
Rowley
Soldier_Of_Fortune
88Chris05
Derbymanc
Hammersmith harrier
TRUSSMAN66
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Moments - Ingrained in your mind forever !! - Page 2 Empty Moments - Ingrained in your mind forever !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

For good or bad.........

I have certain go to moments that mean a lot to me or moments I found fascinating over the years........There is nothing like Boxing for moments like these......As other sports tend to be drawn out and lack the drama.....

1. "My hero becomes the Man"...........Curry destroying Mccrory......Always be my favorite moment and the euphoria I felt for someone I didn't even know.....I was buzzing that night......

2. "Are we having a fight"........Chavez was all smiles before the Rosario fight......One of the biggest punchers in light history who had frighteningly battered P4Per Bramble was standing opposite him.  Bell rings "You're going on the ropes and I'm beating the crap out of you and your gonna like it, right !!"........Chavez body language that night was truly awesome.............Never seen confidence like it  !!!

3. "F**k me he's got him".......My brother's immortal words which got a stern rebuke from Mum......When Bruno landed the left hook and Tyson staggered towards the ropes...........We were both off the chair.......Ten or so seconds that seem to last an hour....Had to be around at the time to appreciate what a beast Tyson was !!...

4. "The war"...............Hagler v Hearns..Three minutes.

5. "Right you're gettin it"...........Always remember Larry's start in the second Spinks fight............"No more Mr nice guy !!"..........Old Lar stormed over and the arena no doubt had the recurring smell of Spinks soiled shorts until the steam left Larry's work...........Poor old Larry got ripped off that night !!!

6. "I own Boxing" ....Don King trying to rob Douglas of his prize by repeatedly replaying the count in the 8th round and the WBC going along with it...........Scandalous.....

7. "Rip off of the century".........Watching Meldrick's hard work and master class be destroyed by a now Hall of fame referee with two seconds to go against Chavez...........Never been more angry...

8. "Born in the USA"...........Watching Greg Haugen (Typical ballsy b**tard) incite a 130,000 Mexicans with Springsteen's classic..

9.  "Nunn too good "..........Watching an Olympian in Tate lose every round to Michael Nunn and remembering thinking If there has ever been a performance this good I haven't seen it.............Perfection !!..

10 Chaos in the ring".......Always remember the chaotic end of Hatcher-Bumphus when Hatcher is on the shoulders of his cornermen and Bumphus is still fighting...

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Moments - Ingrained in your mind forever !! - Page 2 Empty Re: Moments - Ingrained in your mind forever !!

Post by milkyboy Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:51 pm

It was a cracking fight Chris, though said as much about each fighters vulnerabilities as their qualities.

There was definitely some spice built up from their pre fight tussle, which served to increase the tension up to the fight. True that in hindsight the dark side of it's over-shadowed the fight a bit but we probably already knew kaylor's level and despite the 1st round stoppage loss he suffered a year or so earlier, British fight fans still had hopes for Christie. They went down the drain with the fight, and in retrospect we are watching two european level fighters, rather than two big prospects... Perhaps that detracts from it a little too.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Moments - Ingrained in your mind forever !! - Page 2 Empty Re: Moments - Ingrained in your mind forever !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:03 pm

I read Christie's book but alas never saw him fight...........

Sounded like another Graham.............

Lung cancer..............I would be surprised to learn that he smoked.....

A lot of fighters don't..............Certainly be a cruel slap for a non smoker...

Hope everything turns out alright..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:36 pm

Never smoked never drank truss according to the article.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:40 pm

milkyboy wrote:Never smoked never drank truss according to the article.

Chris Reeve's Wife never did either and she succumbed....at 40 something..

Granny " Iron Lady " Trussman.................Drank and smoked a plenty and lived till she was 98..............

Maybe you should just enjoy yourself............Or as in my case..... Try to !! Cool Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2