The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+27
Eyetoldyouso
Nay
golfermartin
1GrumpyGolfer
pedro
MustPuttBetter
westisbest
hend085
barragan
mystiroakey
SmithersJones
Bob_the_Job
lorus59
Mad for Chelsea
MontysMerkin
JAS
puligny
kwinigolfer
I'm never wrong
incontinentia
super_realist
raycastleunited
beninho
Davie
navyblueshorts
Roller_Coaster
McLaren
31 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Fri 06 Mar 2015, 11:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

Super

I saw the first two sets and a bit, then went out to get dinner. Wish I had stuck around to watch it.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Davie Mon 18 May 2015, 1:12 pm

beninho wrote:
Gerrard has slipped over recent years,

laughing clap

Davie

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Mon 18 May 2015, 1:16 pm

Super

I am surprised that you follow Scottish football.

Ben

Henderson has been picked for England, that suggests someone thinks he is the best English player in his position. Given his lack of talent that is a massive overrating.

mysti

I watch plenty of football, and it is because of that expertise that I am able to declare Henderson as useless.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 18 May 2015, 1:26 pm

you also stated palace must have a better CM than him.. we dont!

he is an ok player. england dont have enough good- great CM's - our talent used to lie in defense- these days attack. our last amazing UBBER CLASS CM was Gazza - our last world class midfielder was scholes and lamps and gerrard at peak where also very proficient

Hendo is a good player in his role- no more - no less. one of the best england have.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 18 May 2015, 1:30 pm

McLaren wrote:Super

I am surprised that you follow Scottish football.

I don't really Mac, it's more an osmosis type absorption of information. Speroni was at Dundee back in the days of Gordon Brownesque type spending when they had the likes of Burley, Cannigia, Ravanelli, Ketsbaia, Khizanisvilli etc.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 18 May 2015, 1:34 pm

Was it Dundee that supposedly had the same lawyer as Saddam or Gudafi, someone like that anyway.?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 18 May 2015, 1:34 pm

Yeah, some guy called Di Steffano.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Mon 18 May 2015, 9:27 pm

pedro wrote:Speaking of. Who do you think is the most overrated player in the EPL?

To find your short list, just look at the QPR squad and pick any player signed by Redknapp over the last 3 years:
Samba, Bosingwa, Rio, Traore, Hoilet, Zarate, I could go on, the list is endless

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 18 May 2015, 10:01 pm

Overrated,
Erik Lamela. Plus he's a dirty sod.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 18 May 2015, 10:18 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Overrated,
Erik Lamela. Plus he's a dirty sod.

This is intriguing, what sense of dirty are you talking. In he bedroom? Erm
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 18 May 2015, 10:26 pm

He's like Ramires and Suarez, is always leaving a bit in after the ball (and ref's attention) has gone. There's obviously a few others like that but I could see someone hammering him one day.
Plus, what does he really have to offer? Peripheral with a capital P.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon 18 May 2015, 10:27 pm

raycastleunited wrote:

To find your short list, just look at the QPR squad and pick any player signed by Redknapp over the last 3 years:
Samba, Bosingwa, Rio, Traore, Hoilet, Zarate, I could go on, the list is endless
So you're saying he's shoe-in as next England manager?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Tue 19 May 2015, 10:23 am

pedro wrote:
raycastleunited wrote:

So you're saying he's shoebox full of cash-in as next England manager?

Fixed it for you Whistle

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue 19 May 2015, 10:45 am

Have to agree with Super, in that Sterling is easily the most overrated player in the PL at the moment. I don't see it with him. He loses the ball all the time as he is weak. Yes he is quick but that's about it. No real skill, not a good passer, crosser, finisher. There are players like him up and down the entire football league. Makes me laugh he gets in the England team ahead of players like Oxlaide Chamberlain, who essentially has everything Sterling has but can also play.
If it's true that he wants to go and clubs are willing to pay decent money Liverpool should be snapping their hands off!
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Tue 19 May 2015, 10:56 am

That's a bit harsh mpb. He is fast and skillful. He created a lot of chances last season, having Suarez in the team really helped him. This season he has suffered under the weight of expectation, greater attention from defenders, and an over reliance on him. Certainly in the first half of the season, Liverpool's only strategy appeared to be give it to Sterling, as if he is Ronaldo.
I agree with you guys that he is over-rated, I just think that he does have the ability to score and create chances... the likes of Henderson are miles ahead of him in their level of over-ratedness (is that a word? next I'll start using winningest).

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 19 May 2015, 11:44 am

raycastleunited wrote:That's a bit harsh mpb. He is fast and skillful. He created a lot of chances last season, having Suarez in the team really helped him. This season he has suffered under the weight of expectation, greater attention from defenders, and an over reliance on him. Certainly in the first half of the season, Liverpool's only strategy appeared to be give it to Sterling, as if he is Ronaldo.
I agree with you guys that he is over-rated, I just think that he does have the ability to score and create chances... the likes of Henderson are miles ahead of him in their level of over-ratedness (is that a word? next I'll start using winningest).
If he was that good, additional attention of defenders this season should simply make him show how good he is. Hasn't happened although I think the potential is there. He's clearly been getting utter rubbish for advice the last 12 months or he has his head up his own ariss. Ronaldo was a bit of a show pony/luxury at ManU initially but he's shown it wasn't just that. Sterling could prove likewise over the next few years. Up to him.
Henderson is over-rated by whom? Who's been banging on about him? I don't see it in the media. So he's made the England squad...hardly that amazing is it? He had a poor (by last season's standard) start to 2014/15 but has got better. Next season or two will be make or break for him with Gerrard gone in fact as well as in theory.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 19 May 2015, 12:00 pm

Navy

The England squad may not be that great but in order to pick Henderson someone is rating him above some above average players. So he is overrated by at least the England selectors.

I would also argue he is overrated by Liverpool if they think he can in any way fill the role Gerard has played for them. Liverpool should see it as a crisis that Henderson is the possible replacement for Gerard.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue 19 May 2015, 12:24 pm

raycastleunited wrote:That's a bit harsh mpb. He is fast and skillful. He created a lot of chances last season, having Suarez in the team really helped him. This season he has suffered under the weight of expectation, greater attention from defenders, and an over reliance on him. Certainly in the first half of the season, Liverpool's only strategy appeared to be give it to Sterling, as if he is Ronaldo.

I've paid some attention to Sterling of late as have a good mate who is a Liverpool fan and I'd said to him that I really wasn't convinced on him. You watch him closely, he loses the ball a hell of a lot! He would drive me mad playing with him. One of those players who you don't want to give the ball to as you know you're going to have to try and win possession back after!

You're absolutely right that he looked a better player alongside Suarez, but who wouldn't. This season, without Suarez, has shown him up I think. If he is as good as everyone seems to think he could have had an ok year, even without Suarez. But he's been dire.

Plus, he seems like a bit of a dickhe@d to me. Seems to get himself in some bother. I really would jump at the chance to cash in for decent money if I were Rodgers
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 19 May 2015, 12:35 pm

Dear Irish people. What way will you be voting in the referendum?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 19 May 2015, 12:38 pm

What referendum?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 19 May 2015, 1:11 pm

super_realist wrote:What referendum?
Eurovision!

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 19 May 2015, 1:33 pm

Sterling almost certain to self-destruct.

Bigger picture is what does Fenway Sports want out of LFC? Breaking contracts, as Sterling seems to think is OK, is not OK in MLB. They held firm when Suarez wanted out, don't be surprised if they only make a deal that is far more beneficial for LFC than it ever will be for Sterling, who they probably regard as a spoiled brat who's barely one step ahead of the law.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by hend085 Tue 19 May 2015, 2:59 pm

ill be voting yes. opinion polls and the general consensus seems to be a YES but the fear is that the Yes profilr is also the same profile of no shows in the polling stations.
there is also likely to be a lot of closet no voters i suspect.
im in dublin with young friends and work in quite a diverse youthful company so i imagine the cross section of people i come across is far different to those living in the back ar$e of ballynowhere who never miss mass.

hend085

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 19 May 2015, 3:18 pm

Why is there there the need for a referendum on a question of equality?

If you don't like gay marriage, don't marry a gay person.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 19 May 2015, 3:23 pm

super_realist wrote:Why is there there the need for a referendum on a question of equality?

clap

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 19 May 2015, 3:24 pm

Super

I was wondering that.  Isn't one of the functions of a government to protect the rights of groups regardless of what others think about those groups?

The question is pretty much

People of Ireland, is it ok if we don't bother about equality for group of people X?

Start changing X to other groups and it highlights the absurdity of the situation.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 19 May 2015, 3:39 pm

super_realist wrote:Why is there there the need for a referendum on a question of equality?

We have to have a referendum if there's a proposed change to the Constitution.

I'm not gonna bother voting but I'm in favour of gay marriage.

Hendo- where do you stand on the issue of whether the age limit for being elected President should be reduced to 21? I say why not, all the Pres does is shake hands and read the odd speech. It would be fun to have a young whipper snapper in such a capacity.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 19 May 2015, 3:49 pm

Seems ridiculous. Why would anyone care about anybody elses marriage? It's none of their business. It should simply be changed without consulting anyone, as the only people it affects are those getting married.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 19 May 2015, 3:56 pm

Inco

Not voting does not indicate support. Get your ass to the polling station.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by hend085 Tue 19 May 2015, 3:59 pm

not sure tbh inco- on one hand i dont think i would ever vote for someone thats only 21.

However, i think it would be discriminatory to prevent them from canvassing for my vote.

on balance i think ill vote to reduce.

hend085

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 19 May 2015, 4:06 pm

Surely it would make more sense to ask the Oirish population whether the religious morons should be permitted to discriminate on something which isn't even a religious construct?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 19 May 2015, 7:10 pm

super_realist wrote:Surely it would make more sense to ask the Oirish population whether the religious morons should be permitted to discriminate on something which isn't even a religious construct?
clap and clap

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 19 May 2015, 9:34 pm

Eurovision never lets you down!

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 20 May 2015, 9:21 am

hend085 wrote:not sure tbh inco- on one hand i dont think i would ever vote for someone thats only 21.

However,  i think it would be discriminatory to prevent them from canvassing for my vote.

on balance i think ill vote to reduce.

Speaking of voting for someone really young has anyone watched Frankie Boyle's election autopsy on iplayer, they had a section on that young SNP girl that ousted one of the high profile Labourites, quoting from her Twitter account from 5 years ago. Hilarious but...5 years later she's an MP...oh dear!!

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 21 May 2015, 12:02 pm

Sounds like Raheem Sterling's agent is a complete pr1ck.
Fenway Sports won't like his criticism of LFC and I imagine/hope they'll show Sterling and his agent that they can afford to be a bigger pr1ck than the two of 'em ever thought possible.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 21 May 2015, 12:30 pm

He did have a point about Carragher though Wink

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 21 May 2015, 12:30 pm

What did he say?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 21 May 2015, 12:32 pm

I believe the agent called Carragher a kn0b

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 21 May 2015, 12:33 pm

Ah, I see.

I seriously doubt they'd let Sterling go to a Prem club, Dynamo Tiblisi sounds about right.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Thu 21 May 2015, 12:47 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Ah, I see.

I seriously doubt they'd let Sterling go to a Prem club, Dynamo Tiblisi sounds about right.

Assuming they'd want to take the risk on a young, trophyless, albeit talented, trouble-maker.

As a QPR fan I hope Liverpool sell him for a massive amount to anyone, QPR should have a decent sell on clause from his move north from there as a kid. Ignoring that slight vested interest, I'd personally like Liverpool to let him wallow out the rest of his contract in the youth/reserve set-up, allowing him to watch his "talented youngster and potential England star" mantle be usurped by (the apparently fantastic prospect - although I've only seen him once or twice) Jordan Ibe.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Thu 21 May 2015, 12:50 pm

Although, trying to be open minded. Sterling might not be the knob he seems to have been portrayed as in the media, it might just be the advice he's getting from his agent, who does appear (granted in the same media) to be a hole that poo is expelled from the body out of.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 21 May 2015, 12:53 pm

Sterling in "living up to English footballer bell end stereotype" shocker.

Is anyone surprised?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Thu 21 May 2015, 12:56 pm

Sterling has always been a bit of a tool. He was in trouble as a kid and QPR rescued him, nurtured him and developed him.

However his agent is right about Carragher.... what a total bell end, his comments are so hypocritical. I didn't hear him commenting in the press when Liverpool took him from QPR. I don't remember any Carragher quotes about him being sick when he turned down a QPR contract for more money at Liverpool. Nob indeed!

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 21 May 2015, 12:57 pm

Roller, Who hired that agent?
I also bet that agent might have trouble in the future - not everyone will care about him slagging off Liverpool, but no doubt some will think there but for the grace of god . . . . . . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 21 May 2015, 1:01 pm

He also has Sado berihinio on his books

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Thu 21 May 2015, 1:28 pm

Why is the phrase "England top order" always followed with the word "collapse"?

More ammo for the KP fans.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 21 May 2015, 1:50 pm

Meanwhile PSG tops the player salary list: €7m/year in average, closely followed by a number of EPL clubs. Shocked

I wonder how the salary negotiations take place?
Club: "We offer you €5m a year."
Player: "What??????? I have a wife and a kid! We have to eat!"
Club: "OK, €7m then."

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 21 May 2015, 3:54 pm

I wonder how long it will be before Jamie Vardy won't stay at Leicester even if they offer £900k a week?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Thu 21 May 2015, 5:12 pm

Why would he stay if a bigger club came along?

I agree completely with Jay boothroyd (not that his career path is one i would recommend to follow).

There is no loyalty is football, a club will get rid of you when they are done with you or get offered a lot of money and no one bats an eyelid.

But a player decides to move, be it for money or playing at club with more chance of silverware and all hell breaks loose.

I'm not saying it will be the right decision all the time, but it is the players perogative to try and earn as much money as possible short career.

And yes it does make a difference if are on 100k or 150k a week.

In the Sterling case, it was only last season that Rodgers said he was the best young player on europe. You can't say that and not expect the player to expect to want to be paid as such, regardless of how you meant it.

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 21 May 2015, 5:33 pm

That's all very well Nay, but Fenway sports built their empire on the franchise system in US sports where the sort of rhetoric being spouted by Sterling's agent more than a year before his clients's contract expires would be frowned upon, could even be sanctioned by the respective league.
Negotiate your arse off but don't slag off your employer.
I imagine Rodgers's hands are tied very securely behind his back; expect Henry to play hardball with this agent, and rightly so.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 21 May 2015, 5:53 pm

Maybe Fenway should have ensured Liverpool weren't so Scheiße and then the better players would want to stay?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next