The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scarlets Sign another prop

+2
doctornickolas
LordDowlais
6 posters

Go down

Scarlets Sign another prop Empty Scarlets Sign another prop

Post by LordDowlais Mon 20 Apr 2015, 8:51 am

Well, well, whats all this then, Scarlets have signed a WQ prop from Australia:-

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/scarlets-go-down-under-sign-9063996

I know nothing about this kid, but he has been playing for Llanelli for a bit, ScarletSpiderman, do you know anything about him ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Scarlets Sign another prop Empty Re: Scarlets Sign another prop

Post by doctornickolas Mon 20 Apr 2015, 9:25 am

Well I don't know much about him but what an uninspiring pointless signing.

26 years old and not a pro player in Australia. Trained with the Rebels but only played club rugby and believe me in Aus that is pretty low standard, definitely lower than Welsh Prem.

Are we seriously saying that there is nothing on our own shores better?

If so then the regions need to take a long hard look at them selves if we need to be importing such players.

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Mon 20 Apr 2015, 9:58 am

doctornickolas wrote:Well I don't know much about him but what an uninspiring pointless signing.

26 years old and not a pro player in Australia. Trained with the Rebels but only played club rugby and believe me in Aus that is pretty low standard, definitely lower than Welsh Prem.

If so then the regions need to take a long hard look at them selves if we need to be importing such players.

Why? If the players aren't there, then they can't just magic them up. Jake Ball tuned out to be a fruitful signing.

The Scarlets unearthed a totally adequate looseghead in Rhodri Jones, who looked to be destined for big things. But Gatland turned him into a tighthead and ruined him.

Rob Evans looks a real prospect at 1 and has been capped at the age of 22.

Seems to be working ok if you ask me.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 20 Apr 2015, 12:49 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Well, well, whats all this then, Scarlets have signed a WQ prop from Australia:-

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/scarlets-go-down-under-sign-9063996

I know nothing about this kid, but he has been playing for Llanelli for a bit, ScarletSpiderman, do you know anything about him ?

Surprised you aren't championing him to be the next Samson Lee.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 20 Apr 2015, 1:49 pm

The Saint wrote:Surprised you aren't championing him to be the next Samson Lee.

He is a loose head.

picard

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 20 Apr 2015, 1:53 pm

This type of signing is usually uninspiring but given the shortage of props in Wales I guess the more the merrier at the moment

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 20 Apr 2015, 10:02 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
The Saint wrote:Surprised you aren't championing him to be the next Samson Lee.

He is a loose head.

picard

A. Where does it say that in the article you posted?
B. Since when would something like that stop you championing some amateur as Lee's replacement?

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 21 Apr 2015, 8:33 am

[/quote]
The Saint wrote:A. Where does it say that in the article you posted?

I does not, but somebody with your vast knowledge of rugby should now this.Also,what are you always telling me, get your facts right and use your brain before you post things that make you look stupid, so perhaps you should have done some re-search on him before you made the comment.

The Saint wrote:B. Since when would something like that stop you championing some amateur as Lee's replacement?

Since when did I champion an amateur as Samson Lee's replacement ? I only pointed out on a thread that the Scarlets had signed another WQ tight head, who incidentally is not an amateur and that he could PERHAPS become another decent TH, the word PERHAPS being the ultimate word, since when is saying that championing somebody ? But lets not let facts get in the way of a decent debate.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 21 Apr 2015, 9:14 am

Christ LD, you really are getting desperate. Soon you'll be mentioning Steve Walsh.

1. The onus isnt on me to research a player i have no interest in. There was no information on his position in the link you posted.

2. You did it with that Wasps LV cup player who's coming in. We already discussed that. Do try and keep up.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 21 Apr 2015, 9:17 am

But when did I champion him ?

Also, please do a little re-search before you make stupid comments.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 21 Apr 2015, 9:22 am

On the thread.

See point number 1 in my previous comment.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 21 Apr 2015, 9:29 am

The Saint wrote:On the thread.

See point number 1 in my previous comment.

Show me where I championed him, prove it, look Saint your boring me now, why dont you put the same effort into getting a job as you do peeing people off on here ? I'll tell you what I will employ you, you can come and work in my shop, you can be my tea boy. Perhaps you can then work your way up, but if you speak to some of my boys like you do on here you will not last long. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 21 Apr 2015, 9:46 am

I already did on that thread. Go and read it again.

Another sh*t l, uninformed comment. You ought to go take a look in the mirror if you're resorting to that.

PS: hope you read point 1 thumbsup

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 21 Apr 2015, 10:42 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiEDh5p-Wjo
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 21 Apr 2015, 10:47 am

From what I have heard he has been trialled at a few of the Aussie Super Sides, and he came on against the Lions for the combined Counties XV.

Also apparently both the Scarlets and the Ospreys shown interest in him, but his family said to him that they would be proud of him having a pro contract with any team, however if he were to turn down the Scarlets they would be disappointed (or word to that effect).

Looking at the video he looks a bit like Rhodri Jones did when he was playing loosehead, not the best scrimmaging prop in the world but a bit of a bull with ball in hand. I am not too sure he if he will oust Phil John from the bench in the first choice match day squad, but with Rob Evans looking likely to be involved more and more with Team Wales, I am pretty confident that Dylan will get plenty of game time.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 21 Apr 2015, 10:55 am

doctornickolas wrote:Well I don't know much about him but what an uninspiring pointless signing.

The thing to remember is all the regions are working within the Salary cap and also working with the NWQ limits. Dylan is welsh qualified, much like Jake Ball (and Jack Payne), so he will bring experiences of other systems and styles, whilst not being an NWQ.

The Scarlets have brought through enough home grown front row players recently (Rob Evans, Ken Owens, Emyr Phillips, Samson Lee, and Rhodri Jones all welsh capped), so bringing in someone from outside to be a backup isn't exactly blocking the development pathway.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down